PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Rosy ESPN Article about Duane Brown as AFC Emerging Star

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2009, 02:13 PM
pretty positive article about Duane Brown from ESPN. a lot of people have some good things to say about him most significantly Bruce Matthews. Bruce likes what he sees and divisional foes are asked about Duane Brown including Dwight Freeney.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/6955/brown-ready-to-be-fixture-for-texans

I would have probably drafted Kenny Phillips over Brown but you can't argue with last year's progress they made on offense. Brown may have been a liability at times but not every LT prospect dominates rookie year like Joe Thomas. I hope he can continue to make progress and eliminate some of the stupid penalties.

Texecutioner
08-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Nice find SH. This is really good to hear and read. :fans:

b0ng
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
I believe in the Kung-fu Panda Duane Brown.

barrett
08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I think it's dead on. I re-watched the Saints game and just watched Brown. He had one false start and otherwise, played flawlessly. His pass protection looked great, despite his man using illegal hands to the face repeatedly. His run blocking looked better.

The other side of the coin, I re-watched him at KC too and he wiffed on a few run assignments but generally looked "okay". But last week I really feel like he looked dominant. There are many signs pointing to the fact that he could do really well this season and many years to come.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2009, 04:07 PM
We'll see how he does against Allen on MNF. Allen's backup, Brian Robinson, is looking pretty good too.

Specnatz
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Is this the same Brown that was being ripped and people here said we drafted a 4th round guy in the first round?

m5kwatts
08-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Duane Brown is going to be our best lineman very soon. He's the new-age NFL prototypical left tackle.

barrett
08-27-2009, 04:37 PM
We'll see how he does against Allen on MNF. Allen's backup, Brian Robinson, is looking pretty good too.

I'm SUPER excited to watch this matchup! Allen is the (if not one of the) best DE in the NFL and Brown practices against a top 5 DE every day. I expect Allen to get the best of him a few times but over all I expect Brown to keep him relatively in check. He looked terrific last week.

badboy
08-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Good read but first thing to my mind is "wasted" years for Pitts. Looks like we have a good LT/LG combo but for how many more years? At least guards are usually a bit more easy to replace. Who knows? If Kubes is not BS ing, Studdard may eventually be Chester's replacement.

barrett
08-27-2009, 05:38 PM
god no! please god! no!

Specnatz
08-27-2009, 05:42 PM
god no! please god! no!

What?

barrett
08-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Studdard may eventually be Chester's replacement.

You're going to make me repeat it?!

Texan_Bill
08-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I like this coming from Freeney:

Said Colts Pro Bowl defensive end Dwight Freeney, who had three sacks and a forced fumble in two games against Houston in 2008: "I think Duane is a good athlete, a young guy who definitely as a lot of upside and potential. He's definitely one of the better tackles in our conference and our division. He has a lot of room to grow. One thing he definitely has going for himself is his effort and his ability to catch on quickly& "Now with the pieces that they have and with some guys coming back with a couple years experience together, I think they should be a force to be reckoned with."

Ryan
08-27-2009, 09:12 PM
all i remember from freeney last year is him just completely running right by brown and putting sage on the turf hard. Hopefully that happens less this year.

thunderkyss
08-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I'd have to assume I'm one of Brown's harshest critics... I can't believe someone outside of Houston is saying such things about him. I'm shocked that Freeney said that about him.

I may have to shut up, and learn a little bit about football.

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
pretty positive article about Duane Brown from ESPN. a lot of people have some good things to say about him most significantly Bruce Matthews. Bruce likes what he sees and divisional foes are asked about Duane Brown including Dwight Freeney.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/6955/brown-ready-to-be-fixture-for-texans

I would have probably drafted Kenny Phillips over Brown but you can't argue with last year's progress they made on offense. Brown may have been a liability at times but not every LT prospect dominates rookie year like Joe Thomas. I hope he can continue to make progress and eliminate some of the stupid penalties.

We could have been "blessed" with Ferguson "Can't Miss" D'Brickashaw.:mcnugget:

Honoring Earl 34
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
We could have been "blessed" with Ferguson "Can't Miss" D'Brickashaw.:mcnugget:

We'll get to see him up close and personal .

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2009, 10:29 PM
We'll get to see him up close and personal .

I hope you know that I was being facetious.:shades:

thunderkyss
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM

Is that facetious as in, you believe D'Brick dominated his rookie year?

or facetious as in, you think Ferguson sucks?

Honoring Earl 34
08-27-2009, 10:43 PM

It is my belief that an OT that light will get owned by Mario . I seem to remember a 295 lb Matt Lepsis of Denver who retired shortly afterward . That's the show , watching him get manhandled by a much stronger Mario .