PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Harrison--Interesting Reading

HoustonFrog
08-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I heard rumors since the shooting and some other background stuff but I found this more detailed than others

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap082509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

In addition, there is a perception that Harrison had an attitude problem. Cleverly hidden for years behind Harrison’s Garbo routine is that he and quarterback Peyton Manning(notes) didn’t get along, which could be the fault of either player. However, there is a memorable exchange that an opposing coach once had with Harrison before a game in 2006. When the coach noticed that Harrison was catching punts in warmups, he walked over to Harrison to ask what was going on.

“Marvin smiled a little, just a little, and then said, serious as a heart attack, ‘It’s the only way to get the ball around here,’ ” the coach said of a player who set an NFL record with 143 grabs in 2002 but was limited to just 80 the past two seasons.

Harrison has been deemed to be just as much a diva as a number of other receivers – without the high-profile public displays. That said, it allegedly annoyed plenty of people, which is why the Colts ultimately cut ties with him in the offseason.

TheRealJoker
08-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Dont piss off the guy who throws you the ball imo.

TimeKiller
08-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Divas seek the spotlight, something Harrison never did.

He may not have been a very good teammate but he was most certainly not a diva WR.

Vinny
08-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Divas seek the spotlight, something Harrison never did.

He may not have been a very good teammate but he was most certainly not a diva WR.Harrison has had some questionable character incidents here and there so I wouldn't want to assume that it was all PM's fault.

TimeKiller
08-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, I wasn't really trying to point the finger at Manning, just saying at least Harrison didn't pull a T.O. and complain about not getting the ball in press conferences diva style. Camera hog. Obviously the relationship off the field deteriorated seeing how the Colts let him go despite he and Manning's had a deadly on the field relationship at one point. If I was to speculate on what happened I'd say Dungy (being the mentor he is now) probably kept a tight lid on Harrison while keeping Manning happy as well.