PDA

View Full Version : Titans running game

RipTraxx
08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Im watching NFL game rewind online and im having a hard time deciding if the Titans are a ZBS/ or Power run game team.

Can anyone tell me?

Thanks.

Livid13
08-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Uhhh, they actually have both Johnson is the speedster (4.29/40) and White is their power back. Their running game is quite impressive.

m5kwatts
08-25-2009, 03:44 PM
ZBS from what I see most the time, although not as pure and true to form as the Texans ZBS.

Bulluck53
08-25-2009, 04:31 PM
It's a bit of a hybrid if you watch it on film. We don't have the personell across the line to be either, specifically. 'Dinger implements certain schemes into certain plays, a big reason why Munchak is one of the more underrated coaches in the league.

Guys like Mawae and Stewart are maulers, just out-physical their opponents. Jake Scott is a tweener and does both pretty well while Amano and Roos are more finesse guys. A reason Roos shouldn't be considered the best LT in the league is he doesn't possess the physicality some others do in the run game (he makes for it while pass blocking).

In the past we've been more of a straight-forward, power running game but now it seems they try a lot harder to add some finesse.

Runner
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
They run schemes similar to what the Texans have run in the past. The implementation differs in some specifics and details - how they pick up blitzes and stunts, who the lineman are assigned to block in certain situations, etc. I think they are better at it - Munchak is a very good o-line coach and they have good players.

TimeKiller
08-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Ringer looked like a hell of a player huh?

Bulluck53
08-26-2009, 09:26 AM
We'll see as he gets more playing time against better competition. He looked good at the end of the half last week against the Coswboys' 1s.

RipTraxx
08-26-2009, 10:26 AM

How he lasted to the 5th rd is beyond me.

Vinny
08-26-2009, 12:18 PM
How he lasted to the 5th rd is beyond me.

RB is not too hard a body type to find. For instance, Priest Holmes and Fast Willie Parker weren't drafted. I'm sure there are lots of backs that could make it in this league but never get a shot.

HOU-TEX
08-26-2009, 01:22 PM

RB is not too hard a body type to find. For instance, Priest Holmes and Fast Willie Parker weren't drafted. I'm sure there are lots of backs that could make it in this league but never get a shot.

That may be true. However, after Kubiak basically admitted they were eyeing Coffee in the 3rd and now watching Coffee in preseason, I really wish we were able to get him. So far, he's proven he can pound and get around the outside with the ball. Geesh

I'm not saying I'm upset with who we got, but since Kubiak mentioned it I've been kinda keeping up with him. He and Gore will definitely help their QB Hill.

Dan B.
08-26-2009, 01:29 PM
I've got a sinking feeling the Titans are going to be very good this season. Very fundamentally sound with a solid defense. Just the kind of team I usually love to watch. I don't know if they will go 14-2 again, but they will be a very difficult opponent for anyone they play IMO.