PDA

View Full Version : Casey at the bat

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Hadn't seen this (http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1552715.html)posted..............Did you know.............

James Casey is doing the same thing in the NFL that he did at Azle and at Rice: He is becoming a player of all trades. Casey is playing tight end and fullback as well as long snapping for the Houston Texans.

He also is on every special teams unit, and in his first NFL game, he made the tackle on the opening kickoff.

"Itís been tough, of course," Casey said in a telephone interview Friday. "Training camp is hard on your body and hard mentally, but I finally got in a preseason game last week and felt like I did a pretty good job and started to get a little more confidence, like, 'Maybe I can do this. Maybe I can make this team.í Iím still just trying to battle for a spot and be as versatile as I can to help the team win."

The coaches love Casey, a fifth-round draft choice.

He would have been Riceís starting quarterback if he had returned to school. So Casey, who turns 25 in September, has been running the Wildcat offense on the scout team when the Texansí defense practices against it. He said he doesnít know whether the Texans might use the Wildcat in a game.

dc_txtech
08-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Good stuff CND, I anticipate great things from this "kid".