PDA

View Full Version : Steve Slaton is a heck of a player

TheRealJoker
08-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Steve Slaton is a heck of a player. He made yards when nothing was there and as Spencer Tillman pointed out, he fixed his mistake in pass protection that allowed the Chiefs to sack Schaub last week and made a block on a similar play this week.

When Brown came in he couldn't make those yards with the same blocking. This season Brown is gonna be a good short yardage back if healthy but between the 20s is Slaton's domain (and maybe Moats can get a carry or two to give Slaton a breather every now and then).

The blocking should be improved once Pitts and Myers return to the lineup. Caldwell will eventually be our best center but Kubiak is going to give him time to learn the offense because Myers gives us that luxury.

When the starting OL is back Slaton will be running wild!!!

Brisco_County
08-23-2009, 12:27 PM
The most encouraging thing I saw was how he learned from last week's mistake and got his assignment right, preventing a sack. Making positive yards out of nothing was impressive, but I already know he can do that.

TheRealJoker
08-23-2009, 12:32 PM
His pass blocking is improving, all he needs is more practice at that and we've got ourselves a franchise back!!!

Maddict5
08-23-2009, 12:33 PM
id already noticed ;)

TheCD
08-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Maybe it's a stupid idea, but does anyone else think we should move to more 2 RB sets (i.e. Slaton and Brown) between the 20 and 10 or 5 yard line, so as to keep the defense from playing solely pass/run?

DutchTexan
08-24-2009, 12:49 AM
I love Slaton's style. He's very explosive and quick as hell. For me Steve Slaton was one of the reasons i'd stick to American Football and to the Texans.

jppaul
08-24-2009, 02:07 AM
I was really curious to see how Slaton handled that extra weight that he packed on. Honestly, I was very impressed, he mantained his quickness but was stronger after first contact. Last year, when he was first hit his leg drive was good but there was not much north south motion from it. This year he has more power, very impressive.