PDA

View Full Version : Demeco/Shockey fight at practice today

Hardcore Texan
08-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Did you guys see this? I saw a clip on ESPN just for a few seconds. Looked pretty intense. Shockey looked like he got the best of Demeco and put him on the ground, from the glimpse I caught it look like Shockey was trying to catch a ball over the middle and a Demeco pulled up a little and did not even lay into him like he could have still Shockey got pissed. Need to see the replay again, I barely caught it. Anyone else?

TEXANRED
08-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Did you guys see this? I saw a clip on ESPN just for a few seconds. Looked pretty intense. Shockey looked like he got the best of Demeco and put him on the ground, from the glimpse I caught it look like Shockey was trying to catch a ball over the middle and a Demeco pulled up a little and did not even lay into him like he could have still Shockey got pissed. Need to see the replay again, I barely caught it. Anyone else?

Go to HT.com and watch todays highlights.

Meco totally kicked her highness' butt.

YellerLotYeller
08-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Yea, Meco threw Shockey down on his face.....then the scrum was on.

TexansFanatic
08-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Go to HT.com and watch todays highlights.

Meco totally kicked her highness' butt.

http://www.goreydetails.net/images/items/jpeg1124562828.jpg

powerfuldragon
08-20-2009, 08:49 PM
a link for the lazy: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3322&play_clip=Y

GP
08-20-2009, 08:51 PM

From my view, DeMeco threw a nice judo hip-toss to take Shockey down. DeMeco ended up on top, and then a swarm of blue jerseys took over from there.

Shockey kinda' threw his arm backward, in a swiping motion, toward DeMeco when the play was busted up. And I think that's where DeMeco took up an issue with Shockey.

Showtime100
08-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Kubiak sure was pc about the fight. I don't think there is anything wrong with an NFL coach publicly saying he liked the 'intensity' for lack of a better word. My football coaches couldn't hide their pride when we got into scraps.

buddyboy
08-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Eh, I really do feel like Demeco started it, almost for no reason. He got up in Shockey's face and that kinda caused some shoving, on both sides. Then again, Shockey escalated it with a punch...I think. It all happens too fast.

ktplaya
08-20-2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.wwltv.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=390895&shu=1

GP
08-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Kubiak sure was pc about the fight. I don't think there is anything wrong with an NFL coach publicly saying he liked the 'intensity' for lack of a better word. My football coaches couldn't hide their pride when we got into scraps.

I noticed that, too.

He really threw a wet blanket on the great scrap that occurred.

Nobody has to have facial reconstructive surgery. Nobody got bloodied up.

But Kubiak's out there acting like the league is going to suspend and fine people over what turned out to be a pretty lame training camp tussle.

I wouldn't even call it a "fight." It was a tussle. A minor scrap. Two guys hugging on each other, and laughing about it after it's over.

Come on, Kubiak. It's physicality. Let your guys know that you want to see them physically handle the other team's players. There's no shame in that.

Instead, he sounded like someone scared that the principal was going to suspend his star player before the big rivalry game on Friday night. Sheesh...

GP
08-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Eh, I really do feel like Demeco started it, almost for no reason. He got up in Shockey's face and that kinda caused some shoving, on both sides. Then again, Shockey escalated it with a punch...I think. It all happens too fast.

I watched it a few times, and it looks like Shockey threw a little backward elbow (albeit a minor one) and that's when DeMeco said "No way, bro."

Maybe DeMeco was talking smack as the play happened. But I think Shockey tried to act like he thought about doing something...but then he decided mid-swing to back off it and try to throw a half-hearted little swipe at 'Meco.

This sort of stuff is GREAT!!!! Who here has played football, it's scrimmage time vs. another team, and a little tussle gets started? It's a blast. It's right up there with all the other little things that makes football so fun, IMO.

Ckw
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
http://www.wwltv.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=390895&shu=1

Rep your way. Much better video. Yeah Shockey definitely started that. Demeco was just making a play and Shockey spun around with chop to Demeco's head. Then it all started until Demeco threw Shockey ON HIS FACE!! :chickendance:

Wolf
08-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Kubiak's interview I thought was good... I kinda felt he said the right things ... we wouldn't want this to happen in a game ... esp with it usually being the guy that retaliates is the one that gets the flag thrown on him ..Texans don't need that in key situations (aka steve smith kicking whoever that was in the game that helped lead us to beat Carolina)

with that said.. I did get the feeling that Kubiak and other coaches had a warm fuzzy feeling inside that would be addressed in the confines of the locker room.. Coaches have to love the way the team stood up for their players.. unlike we would see in games when our QB gets a cheap shot and our players don't atleast stand up for our Qb (not saying they need to fight but atleast acknowledge that actions like that will not be tolerated)

DiehardChris
08-20-2009, 09:08 PM
The video I linked to (http://www.houstondiehards.com/?p=5833) in the post I did about the fight also has a post-practice interview with DeMeco which I think is pretty cool.

ObsiWan
08-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Kubiak's interview I thought was good... I kinda felt he said the right things ... we wouldn't want this to happen in a game ... esp with it usually being the guy that retaliates is the one that gets the flag thrown on him ..Texans don't need that in key situations (aka steve smith kicking whoever that was in the game that helped lead us to beat Carolina)

I have to agree with the coach on this one. Say that happened in a game and then DeMeco and Shockey both get ejected. Who gets the worse end of that deal, us or them?

Showtime100
08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
That fight would never have happened if it were a game, IMO. It's just practice man....practice, who know? Not a game, practice. :D (I do a better Iverson in person) :kingkong:

TimeKiller
08-20-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Kubiak holding back a smile during the PC media swarm time. I'm also going to throw it out there that he probably had something different to say to the group in the locker room. Maybe the NFL wouldn't do anything about it anyway but that's no reason to draw extra attention to it.

Shockey...way to take a swipe at a franchise player dumb-dumb. Looked like Adibi, Diles, Barber and was it, could it be, Travis Johnson with his first camp appearance jumping in to bite Shockey's ankles or something?!? He's lucky Cushing is on the sidelines!

Is this a little of the different attitude Bush is bringing about?

Goatcheese
08-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Saw this on NFL live. They were sticking up for DeMeco, and saying that JS started it, then lost. You can't pick a fight and then lose!

All I have to say is 'ataboy De!

CT CSTM
08-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Shockey...way to take a swipe at a franchise player dumb-dumb. Looked like Adibi, Diles, Barber and was it, could it be, Travis Johnson with his first camp appearance jumping in to bite Shockey's ankles or something?!? He's lucky Cushing is on the sidelines!

Is this a little of the different attitude Bush is bringing about?

I texted Zac to tell him he gets 10% off next time he brings his car in,,,

He was very appreciative!:shades:

painekiller
08-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Kubiak is not fond of camp fights. In fact he is close to a zero tolerance coach on this issue. The last Texans who got into a fight with a teammate was cut later that preseason. And he had been the starter when camp opened. ( Robaire Smith).

I do not see him cutting the guys today, but he does not want a Glanville type team here, and he will not let this continue.

I am not saying he wants them to be pacifist, just professional. A 15 yd penalty and an ejection can be costly at the wrong time. And he frowns on the fights amongst teammates.

Shaft75
08-20-2009, 11:01 PM

Were we watching the same fight??? Schockey got beat to the ball and pushed demeco because he made the play. Blondie instigated that one.

DiehardChris
08-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Were we watching the same fight??? Schockey got beat to the ball and pushed demeco because he made the play. Blondie instigated that one.

Not only did he push - he gave kind of a backhanded slap at DeMeco's head. Not necessarily a reason to go on a football field, but he certainly didn't "start" it. I think like 59 said, he was just making a point - that his guys weren't going to be pushed around or treated like punks.

buddyboy
08-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Not only did he push - he gave kind of a backhanded slap at DeMeco's head. Not necessarily a reason to go on a football field, but he certainly didn't "start" it. I think like 59 said, he was just making a point - that his guys weren't going to be pushed around or treated like punks.

Yeah, after I heard about this "backhand", I went back and watched the video. It was quick, but it was there. My bad!

GlassHalfFull
08-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Kubiak is not fond of camp fights. In fact he is close to a zero tolerance coach on this issue. The last Texans who got into a fight with a teammate was cut later that preseason. And he had been the starter when camp opened. ( Robaire Smith).

I do not see him cutting the guys today, but he does not want a Glanville type team here, and he will not let this continue.

I am not saying he wants them to be pacifist, just professional. A 15 yd penalty and an ejection can be costly at the wrong time. And he frowns on the fights amongst teammates.

???????

hot pickle
08-20-2009, 11:37 PM
im suprised TJ didnt go in there and kill some of the NO guys lol

Brisco_County
08-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Shockey's a hot-headed jackass who thinks the whole world owes him something. He wasn't released from the Giants for lack of ability or contractual reasons.

And remember last season when Shockey and Brees got into it on the sideline? Brees isn't the one known for emotional blowups. Shockey's a child in a large body.

GuerillaBlack
08-21-2009, 01:51 AM

My coaches loved it. There would hype it on.

Malloy
08-21-2009, 02:46 AM
im suprised TJ didnt go in there and kill some of the NO guys lol

True, he has a wicked knockout knee!

beerlover
08-21-2009, 03:32 AM
anybody up for some football Saturday Night? :aggressive:

Grams
08-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Nice to see the number of blue shirts that responded vs the number of white shirts that did not.

JayCee
08-21-2009, 07:21 AM
wow, awesome - it certainly appears to be Shockey vs. Texans.

SheTexan
08-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Not to change the subject, BUT, does my boy Billy Miller still play for the Saints? I had to work so haven't had the chance to catch up.

Maddict5
08-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Not to change the subject, BUT, does my boy Billy Miller still play for the Saints? I had to work so haven't had the chance to catch up.

yep

HOU-TEX
08-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Shockey's a hot-headed jackass who thinks the whole world owes him something. He wasn't released from the Giants for lack of ability or contractual reasons.

And remember last season when Shockey and Brees got into it on the sideline? Brees isn't the one known for emotional blowups. Shockey's a child in a large body.

Shockey was traded from the Giants to the Saints. Not released

Yes, he's still with them, but he's been sidelined with a knee issue.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2009, 09:18 AM
It's interesting how different the Saints fans perceive this incident.

LINK (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/08/photos_from_the_new_orleans_sa.html)

Maddict5
08-21-2009, 09:37 AM

LINK (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/08/photos_from_the_new_orleans_sa.html)

god that was painful

neither kicked the others ass but they both pushed each other before demeco clearly floors shockey before our guys come to break it up or get a piece of him for themselves.

how that = shockey kicking ass i dont know. was it an unfair fight? probably but thats why it was such a stupid thing for him to do in the first place

GEAUX TEXANS!!! :rolleyes:

Malloy
08-21-2009, 10:08 AM

lol, thats a fun read for sure.

Not quite sure what those people saw, but Im seeing a Shockey facedown in the dirt.

Whatever, that' intensity' will make NO the most flagged team this year if that's how they'll go about their business. :)

blitz90
08-21-2009, 10:19 AM
The thing I liked most about all the fighting yesterday was hearing Demeco say something like, 'They aren't gonna come into our house and tee off on us, this is our house we won't allow that'
I friggin love that attitude. I hope our whole D has that attitude. That kind of brotherhood will go a long way.

gwallaia
08-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Kubiak is right, tempers flare in the heat. But the Saints fans who think Shockey won the "fight" are only saying that to make themselves feel better. Ryans clearly spiked him into the ground like a rag doll.

infantrycak
08-21-2009, 10:31 AM

Geez, even without the video just look at that second picture and it is easy to see who is the aggressor making the move and it ain't Shockey.

Texan_Bill
08-21-2009, 10:37 AM
a link for the lazy: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3322&play_clip=Y

Guilty and thanks! :)

TEXANS84
08-21-2009, 11:14 AM
The 1st rule of fight club....is don't talk about the fight club.

Texecutioner
08-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I just saw that for the first time. There wasn't a winner or loser in that really. Shockey started to bring down Demeco and as he was going down he quickly reversed the take down to get on top. Nice move by Demeco.

That being said though, I've hated that ***** Shockey for the last few years. He is easily one of the biggest pie holes in the NFL. He is a baby, a whiner, a cheap shot guy, and he is vastly overrated since his rookie season where he was very impressive. The jerk off didn't even show up for the Giants ring ceremony all because he was hurt for that SB run and Boss was in there and he didn't feel like he was part of the team. I mean, the guy is really a piece of work.

That was nice to see Demeco getting in his freaking grill. I just wish it could have kept going on longer. I'd put my money on Demeco finishing him.

Austrian
08-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Too bad Glenn Earl isn't on the team anymore. Shockey would have shat his pants.

michaelm
08-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Too bad Glenn Earl isn't on the team anymore. Shockey would have shat his pants.

I think he actually pissed his pants.
Here's a little image I uploaded after the Giants game as evidence.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3476/3843260324_deeb957682_o.jpg

Austrian
08-21-2009, 12:17 PM
:goodpost: lol must spread rep

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2009, 01:10 PM
:goodpost: lol must spread rep

Got him.

Ckw
08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
I think he actually pissed his pants.
Here's a little image I uploaded after the Giants game as evidence.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3476/3843260324_deeb957682_o.jpg

:spit:

Oh don't worry. He is going to get plenty of rep for that!! That is hysterical!

Texans_Chick
08-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I was near the fight when it happened.

The first two big fights of the day happened on the field closest to the stands. Texans O versus Saints D. The Saints D was trying to strip the ball and sometimes that got a little heated, until it erupted into big fights.

Then later, when the Saints O and Texans D was on the middle field, the D wasn't going to put up with stuff. Two big fights happened there too.

Shockey didn't like Meco in his back pocket (as he missed the catch) and gave him a shove. Meco wasn't having that and everything blew up. Happened so quick. That was the 4th big fight. There was another fight that happened after a Saints incompletion. Not long after that, Cody got into a little skirmish too because the Olineman didn't like how close he got to the QB.

b0ng
08-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I find it funny that there are people on the interwebs trying to analyze the fight (http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117960) as though they are UFC judges.

All in all nobody got injured, a few egos got bruised and it gave the fans something to chatter about.

thunderkyss
08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe this will be our first real rivalry?

PapaL
08-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I for one like to see our team duking it out. It was great seeing all those Steel Blue Jersey's back up their guy. THAT is was defenses do. Smack the O in the damn mouth!

Football is in the air folks.

TEXANRED
08-21-2009, 07:26 PM

Damn, guess we will have to cut the whole LB'ing core now.

Maddict5
08-22-2009, 04:16 AM

thats a bit of revionist history. we had just drafted mario & signed weaver as our 2 DE's. i think robaires very questionable work ethic & influence plus his decent contract had alot more to do with it. travis johnson has had a few camp fights over the yrs & has stuck around

Goatcheese
08-22-2009, 05:01 AM
LOL Shockey is bad man and he owned..the Bengals last week and he will do that again 2nite..if he even plays...lol ...he took out yalls best linebacker ...lol...

I don't see how he "took out" Ryans when Shockey was the one who ended up face down on the ground with Ryans ontop of him.

Austrian
08-22-2009, 05:29 AM
What's up with those Aints trolls? They are worse than blazing anus.

texasguy346
08-22-2009, 05:40 AM

We typically don't get many trolls for preseason games. I guess Saints fans are a little more frustrated with their team than we thought.

Malloy
08-22-2009, 05:57 AM
LOL Shockey is bad man and he owned..the Bengals last week and he will do that again 2nite..if he even plays...lol ...he took out yalls best linebacker ...lol...

I'm real sorry, but I don't understand a word you're saying, I'm sure you have a point, it's just not getting across.

Malloy
08-22-2009, 05:58 AM

And that's a real bad condition, often chili-related! ;)

painekiller
08-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Damn, guess we will have to cut the whole LB'ing core now.

Amongst teammates, did not see any of that going on.

painekiller
08-22-2009, 09:05 AM
thats a bit of revionist history. we had just drafted mario & signed weaver as our 2 DE's. i think robaires very questionable work ethic & influence plus his decent contract had alot more to do with it. travis johnson has had a few camp fights over the yrs & has stuck around

Robaire was a tackle not an end in the 4-3. And he was a clubhouse lawyer. One of the reason he bounced around after he left us.

False Start
08-22-2009, 09:23 AM

I'm real sorry, but I don't understand a word you're saying, I'm sure you have a point, it's just not getting across.

Its this guy, that might explain the reason you cant understand him.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/waterboy.jpg

dc_txtech
08-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Did ya'll hear what Winston had to say about the fights?

"It was very Gangs of New York-esque,"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/20/rumble-in-houston/

You gotta love that guy.