PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 CBs....

thunderkyss
08-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I just happened upon this, as I was browsing a few other message boards. I would copy and paste it here, but I'm not too sure what the rules are about printing this kind of stuff.

But Follow this link, and look at #47 (http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3830776)

Ckw
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Cool list. Thanks for posting. Good stuff. I wonder where Dunta would rank had he been healthy. It says something that at 47, he stated Bennett was the best CB on the Texans roster.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Sounds like he had a difficult time giving 2 cents worth for any of our CBs........and less for Dunta than Bennet and Reeves.

dc_txtech
08-20-2009, 11:34 PM
47 is Bennet and 48 is Reeves.

Funny what he says about Reeves, basically says that he is totally average in every aspect then says he shouldn't start in this league. Why should an average CB not start in the league?

eriadoc
08-21-2009, 08:33 AM

Funny what he says about Reeves, basically says that he is totally average in every aspect then says he shouldn't start in this league. Why should an average CB not start in the league?

... And then be ranked 48th, when there are at least 64 starting CBs in the NFL?

eriadoc
08-21-2009, 08:34 AM

... And then be ranked 48th, when there are at least 64 starting CBs in the NFL? If you're claiming that a given corner should not be starting, shouldn't you rank him 65 or lower?

Wolf6151
08-21-2009, 09:58 AM
The stats are there but it doesn't say anything about which stats were used or not to make the list, they're not in order of attempts, INT's, TD's, forced INC %, etc... A list is nice but it's only one mans opinion and it's useless since he didn't use his own stats to make his rankings. I've seen other lists that showed Reeves as the best CB on our team last year and a very underrated CB within the league. Also stats can be used and twisted around to mean anything you want them to mean.

infantrycak
08-21-2009, 11:11 AM
The stats are there but it doesn't say anything about which stats were used or not to make the list, they're not in order of attempts, INT's, TD's, forced INC %, etc...

Yup, he lists the stats as if they are significant and then doesn't explain how if at all they are used. Look at Reeves and Bennett. Reeves gets thrown at more, forces a higher rate of incompletions, gives up fewer TD's and gets more INT's and somehow gets ranked lower.

thunderkyss
08-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I get what you're saying about stats.. but we all know that stats aren't everything.

This is just this guys opinion, & I doubt anyone is going to say "Reeves is the 48th best CB in the league" using this as his sole source.

Much like Madden gives every player a ranking... it doesn't mean anything, unless you value Madden's opinion.

I thought it was an interesting link, I liked what he said about Bennett, I don't agree, but I liked it.

I found it interesting how low he ranked Gamble, and that agrees with my thoughts on the quality of the corner backs in the league today. Imagine how much a young Dione Sanders would "command" if he were in today's market.

I understand it is what it is... I'm just wondering how much longer can the league keep this up.