PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak on Rome Today

HoustonFrog
08-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Just starting this so people can comment when he is on later.

RipTraxx
08-20-2009, 11:17 AM
While i do like the exposure. I dont think its gonna be anything that we dont know.

HoustonFrog
08-20-2009, 11:21 AM
While i do like the exposure. I dont think its gonna be anything that we dont know.

I don't know..you get the local coverage that seems cut and dry but I'd like to see what he has to say nationally and how people react...he'll mention the "kids."

Marcus
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't know..you get the local coverage that seems cut and dry but I'd like to see what he has to say nationally and how people react...he'll mention the "kids."

I don't get why some are hung up on him calling the players 'kids'. I'm sure he doesn't either. But I'm in my fifties like he is, so whatever.

HoustonFrog
08-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't get why some are hung up on him calling the players 'kids'. I'm sure he doesn't either. But I'm in my fifties like he is, so whatever.

I think it is great and have no problem with it. I just said he will probably bring them up. To me all coaches have that coach/player relationship and think of their players as kids.

LonerATO
08-20-2009, 11:34 AM

I have no issue you with it and some of those players are his kids age. Hell my parents call younger people kids.

RipTraxx
08-20-2009, 11:38 AM
From what i can gather, the 'kids' love playing for him. So i dont think it really matters.

I've got family members that call me far more embarrasing nicknames... Hell i WISH they'd just call me 'kid'.

beerlover
08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
hopefully we continue to step forward -

beerlover
08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
more athletic (Cushing/Antonio Smith) give us a chance to make more plays on the ball -

beerlover
08-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Andre Johnson - very soft spoken guy, tremendous worker -

beerlover
08-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Rome - "Texans a great jungle team" :logo:

False Start
08-20-2009, 11:45 AM
That was quick.

blitz90
08-20-2009, 12:51 PM
I'll take some Jungle Karma anyday.

Kubes said he's very impressed with Kyle Shanahan and thinks he'll only have a short time to work with him, meaning other teams will be calling for him once they see how good of an OC he is.

nunusguy
08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Though I'd imagine he had the questions up front, his answers nevertheless were responsive, crisp, and complete. The coach done good.

badboy
08-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't get why some are hung up on him calling the players 'kids'. I'm sure he doesn't either. But I'm in my fifties like he is, so whatever.Did Kubes have a birthday or two I missed? His birthdate is August 15 1961 so you are way older than him.

and i'm way older than you. sigh:lightning:

Buffi2
08-20-2009, 03:21 PM
To me, Kubiak is a "kid." :eek:

barrett
08-21-2009, 03:24 AM
I've always been annoyed by the "kids" thing but I've noticed he's using that term less and less.

I got to thinking today, He's pretty young. Wouldn't mind seeing him still as the head coach 10 years from now. Think he has a chance? I do. He's getting better as a coach every year and it's his dream job. I think he has a very good chance of being one of the few long tenured coaches in the NFL.

Thorn
08-21-2009, 08:11 AM
To me, Kubiak is a "kid." :eek:

LOL, that's what I was thinking. Just about everyone except for Gibbs is a kid to me.

b0ng
08-21-2009, 08:26 AM
I got to thinking today, He's pretty young. Wouldn't mind seeing him still as the head coach 10 years from now. Think he has a chance? I do. He's getting better as a coach every year and it's his dream job. I think he has a very good chance of being one of the few long tenured coaches in the NFL.
I'm quite sure there are a few people that post on this board that would slit their wrists if Kubiak was still the coach in 10 years.

badboy
08-21-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm quite sure there are a few people that post on this board that would slit their wrists if Kubiak was still the coach in 10 years.Get the bandaids ready!

FirstTexansFan
08-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm quite sure there are a few people that post on this board that would slit their wrists if Kubiak was still the coach in 10 years.

I can supply the razorblades ;)

barrett
08-21-2009, 09:30 AM

That being said, if the team continues to improve every year, his youth plus the general approval by both the fans and more importantly, the owner, as well as this being his hometown, it makes sense. (wow was that a run-on-sentence or what?)

badboy
08-21-2009, 11:08 AM
That being said, if the team continues to improve every year, his youth plus the general approval by both the fans and more importantly, the owner, as well as this being his hometown, it makes sense. (wow was that a run-on-sentence or what?)Texans are developing into a young, seasoned group of coaches, GM and scouts and players. McNair should be ecstatic. I hope he is rewarded with a very good season.

V3rm0nt3r
08-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I think it is great and have no problem with it. I just said he will probably bring them up. To me all coaches have that coach/player relationship and think of their players as kids.

except for someone like Brett Farve. Farve is like the drunk uncle who you just can't get to leave your house and swears that he can still handle that half of a handle of Jack that you were trying to hand to your friend who's been waiting his turn for what seems like forever for just one shot. asshole.