PDA

View Full Version : Buc Talib Arrested

HoustonFrog
08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Wow, he was highly thought of on many lists. Now we have to wait on the story

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4411228

Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib was arrested early Thursday and charged with simple battery and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors.

According to a report from the Pinellas County, Fla. sheriff's office, Talib, 23, was arrested early Thursday morning by the Florida Highway Patrol. He was booked and released on a total of $300 bail at about 6 a.m. Thursday, according to the report.

Details of the arrest were not immediately available, according to Tampa-area media reports on the arrest.

Talib, whom the Buccaneers drafted 20th overall in 2008 from Kansas, is currently penciled in as one of the Buccaneers' starting cornerbacks. He had four interceptions in 15 games as a rookie last season.

Hardcore Texan
08-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Paging Roger Goodell........

Specnatz
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Wow, he was highly thought of on many lists. Now we have to wait on the story

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4411228

Didn't he have a few issues while in college causing him to slip in the draft?

keyser
08-20-2009, 11:44 AM

I think so - for marijuana if I remember correctly. At the time of the draft, I was nearly convinced that such issues were behind him, though, and wouldn't have been upset had the Texans drafted him. Now, I'm glad they didn't...

HoustonFrog
08-20-2009, 11:49 AM

I think he allegedly tested positive for Mary Jane but not sure if that was confirmed. I thought he slipped because they were torn on his 40 times and if he would be a CB or safety.

painekiller
08-20-2009, 01:58 PM

He also got into a fight at the rookie symposium last year, with one of his new teammates.

infantrycak
08-20-2009, 03:19 PM
He also got into a fight at the rookie symposium last year, with one of his new teammates.

And he has been repeatedly fined for being late to meetings/practices.

Vinny
08-29-2009, 01:55 PM

lots of comments after this post that are right on, so I'll just chime in another agreement. He was a guy red flagged as a personality that teams may not want to invest too much money in...ie, don't take too early in the draft. One thing I can't be critical about is McNair spending and wasting lots of cap room on guys with low character.