PDA

View Full Version : Preseason game 2:New Orleans @ Houston

Wolf
08-18-2009, 06:47 PM
video blog from Times-Picayune columnist Jeff Duncan takes a look at the New Orleans Saints' practices and exhibition game against the Houston Texans this week in Houston.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/08/jeff_duncans_new_orleans_saint_6.html

Wolf
08-18-2009, 06:58 PM
By now, the Saints' defensive players know the tendencies of the offense. Into their third week of training camp, they can at times predict what plays are coming.

That should change, however, over the next few days.

After a walk-through practice today that is closed to the media, the team will board a flight to Houston for three practices -- two Wednesday and one Thursday -- with the Texans and one by themselves. On Friday, there's another walk-through for New Orleans .

Saints Coach Sean Payton said he is looking forward to watching his team practice against the Texans before the teams meet in an exhibition game Saturday night at Reliant Stadium.

"Our goals in Houston are to continue to really emphasize the little things coming off of the game we just played," Payton said. "We'll have the opportunity to work against another opponent for a number of practices, which is helpful. We want to stay healthy but continue to get better on the fundamentals."

It'll be the second consecutive year the Saints and the Texans have practiced against each other and the third year in a row the Saints have worked out against another team in the preseason. Last year, the Texans visited Metairie for three days before a preseason game, and in 2007 the Saints went to Cincinnati to work out against the Bengals.

New Orleans' players said it'll be good to break up the monotony of training camp and match up against a different opponent than the one they face every day in practice.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9951350/Saints-look-forward-to-work-vs.-Texans

m5kwatts
08-18-2009, 07:01 PM
It seems like defenses have won out here after one week of preseason around the NFL...lotta low scoring games but this one will be anything but that. I expect us to absolutely toy with the Saints defense - first, second and third teams. I can see 500 total yards and a 30+points easily.

The big test will be for our defense, NO aint KC.

brakos82
08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
It seems like defenses have won out here after one week of preseason around the NFL...lotta low scoring games but this one will be anything but that. I expect us to absolutely toy with the Saints defense - first, second and third teams. I can see 500 total yards and a 30+points easily.

The big test will be for our defense, NO aint KC.
As in... the Saints are actually worth a damn?

m5kwatts
08-18-2009, 07:06 PM

Haha to say the least

ObsiWan
08-18-2009, 07:15 PM

You're kiddin' right?
The Saints had the numero uno offense in the league last year, mostly on the strength of Drew Brees' arm. The only guy they lost was Deuce McAllister.

Thorn
08-18-2009, 07:17 PM
The Saints are a much better team than KC, this will be good for us. I'm looking forward to it.

m5kwatts
08-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm also looking forward to a RETRACTABLE ROOF and no slippery field and ridiculous conditions like KC for a friggin preseason game. I'm guessing our injury report after this game won't read like a grocery list for a family of 10.

Hervoyel
08-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Awesome comment from "jlangkam"

Posted by jlangkam on 08/18/09 at 7:08PM (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/08/jeff_duncans_new_orleans_saint_6.html#4767340)
Why does everyone think that Reggie is so far behind Mario? Reggie gets no credit for anything he does. Just because he is not a prototype RB, doesn't mean he is behind. I'll bet if you ask Sean Payton, he will tell you that the Saints offense wouldn't be anywhere near as succesfull without Bush. Even if he is not in the play, just being a decoy helps the play tremendously. Not to mention the punts return TD's, and the other games where he has dominated. I hope he shuts up all of his critics this year for good. How many games has Mario W. won for the Texans???

I don't normally get into the Mario/Reggie thing anymore because it's really, really, really played out and besides it's a lot more fun to pick on Vince since he went to a division opponent. Still I know that I want my team looking for decoys at the top of round one in the draft. Can someone who truly follows the Saints fill me in on even one game that Reggie "dominated"? I genuinely don't recall hearing about it. On more than one occasion I've seen the sports media take a fairly garden variety performance of his and act like he dominated the game but I've never once heard tell of him taking over a game and making the defense his *****. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I just don't recall hearing about it or seeing it.

Still comments like this remind me that the three way can of worms that was the top of round one in 2006 and the fallout that followed is played out in three cities (well, at least two), not just ours.

b0ng
08-18-2009, 09:41 PM

I don't normally get into the Mario/Reggie thing anymore because it's really, really, really played out and besides it's a lot more fun to pick on Vince since he went to a division opponent. Still I know that I want my team looking for decoys at the top of round one in the draft. Can someone who truly follows the Saints fill me in on even one game that Reggie "dominated"? I genuinely don't recall hearing about it. On more than one occasion I've seen the sports media take a fairly garden variety performance of his and act like he dominated the game but I've never once heard tell of him taking over a game and making the defense his *****. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I just don't recall hearing about it or seeing it.

Still comments like this remind me that the three way can of worms that was the top of round one in 2006 and the fallout that followed is played out in three cities (well, at least two), not just ours.

As far as I know Reggie Bush is the first guy to get picked in the top 5 and get outplayed by the guy picked in the 7th round of the same draft class.

DocBar
08-18-2009, 11:44 PM

Still comments like this remind me that the three way can of worms that was the top of round one in 2006 and the fallout that followed is played out in three cities (well, at least two), not just ours. The closest I've heard of RB "dominating" a game was a couple in which he had some good punt returns and decent receiving yards. IMO, the guy could be a game changer if they utilized him better, ala Michael Westbrook. Heas has NEVER made an NFL defense his ***** or anything else. I can't imagine what an offensive guy like Payton is thinking by not finding ways to get RB the ball in the open field.

buddyboy
08-19-2009, 12:45 AM

Later on that same guy complains more about how Reggie has been "under the microscope" and that's why the critics hate him so much. For me, I think that Mario has been under MORE scrutiny than Reggie. He's had to battle through the instantaneous belief that he was going to be the biggest mistake in football history. Critics would have LOVED for Mario to tank and prove them all right, and it took two 10+ sack seasons to change their minds.

He also talks about the impact of Reggie as a decoy being greater than the impact of Mario. No way. I guarantee that offenses account for Mario with either a chip block from a RB, an extra TE blocker, sending the RB to the other side. And even when Mario doesn't register a tackle, sack, or TFL, he impacts games by causing pressure and drawing blockers.

barrett
08-19-2009, 03:54 AM

if i'm not mistaken his yards from scrimmage are pretty good.

whiskeyrbl
08-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Don't know about RB making a defense his ***** but it made me think of this. It still brings an smile to my face when I see it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQUiZ6ioKw&feature=related

DocBar
08-19-2009, 06:50 AM
if i'm not mistaken his yards from scrimmage are pretty good.You're mistaken.
1550 rushing yds.
1599 receiving yds.
20 TD's
12 fumbles
All in just 3 short yrs.
Not exactly awe inspiring numbers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9588

Thorn
08-19-2009, 08:28 AM
Reggie "Bust" Bush

End of story.

Sorry for New Orleans, because I have nothing against them. I would wish the Saints better luck than to get stuck with Bush, I really would. But it's unfortunate they have Bush who will never amount to as much in the NFL as our 3rd round pick Slaton will.

TimeKiller
08-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Reggie gets no credit for anything he does.

uhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

dalemurphy
08-19-2009, 08:51 AM
You're mistaken.
1550 rushing yds.
1599 receiving yds.
20 TD's
12 fumbles
All in just 3 short yrs.
Not exactly awe inspiring numbers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9588

The Bush-obsessed media threw a party at the end of '06 because Bush broke the record for rookie "all-purpose yards", which includes kickoff and punt returning, as well as yards from scrimmage. What is funny about that is that MJ Drew shattered that same record that same season as a rookie and nobody even mentioned it.

jlam
08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
The Bush-obsessed media threw a party at the end of '06 because Bush broke the record for rookie "all-purpose yards", which includes kickoff and punt returning, as well as yards from scrimmage. What is funny about that is that MJ Drew shattered that same record that same season as a rookie and nobody even mentioned it.

Ok well now we're getting into revisionist history. Jones-Drew got ass-loads of praise and credit for breaking that record and most people thought he should have been rookie of the year, which I and most rational Saints fans I know agreed with. He had the best year and was the better player (probably still is). Bush also has never returned a kickoff in his NFL career and really was only a part time punt returner his rookie season as he really wasn't all that good at it yet.

Not promoting anybody, just setting the facts straight.

Anywho, I'm really looking forward to hopefully going to the practice tomorrow morning. Should be a fun week. A poster earlier mentioned that he expected at least 30+ points and 500 total yards. I have a lot of respect for the potential that the Houston offense has, but I would be very dissappointed if that happened. We still have a lot of work to do on defense for sure, but signs are pointing toward our new D-Coord having us leave our old "read and react" defense behind and instead having us be the ones to dictate play. It'll be a defense that's more aggressive and swarming than the one you guys saw last preseason and in the '07 regular season (jesus that was awful). Not to mention we just cut Jason David (praise the lard) and Josh Bullocks has been gone for a while.

Not to say that we're going to be throwing out exotic schemes or anything, because that's not gonna happen. Just that the overall mentality should be less "cautious" than it used to be. "Bend but don't break" wasn't doing a lot of good when you give up the most 20+ and 40+ yard plays in the league. I think I might consider that "breaking".

HOU-TEX
08-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Anywho, I'm really looking forward to hopefully going to the practice tomorrow morning. Should be a fun week. A poster earlier mentioned that he expected at least 30+ points and 500 total yards. I have a lot of respect for the potential that the Houston offense has, but I would be very dissappointed if that happened. We still have a lot of work to do on defense for sure, but signs are pointing toward our new D-Coord having us leave our old "read and react" defense behind and instead having us be the ones to dictate play. It'll be a defense that's more aggressive and swarming than the one you guys saw last preseason and in the '07 regular season (jesus that was awful). Not to mention we just cut Jason David (praise the lard) and Josh Bullocks has been gone for a while.

Not to say that we're going to be throwing out exotic schemes or anything, because that's not gonna happen. Just that the overall mentality should be less "cautious" than it used to be. "Bend but don't break" wasn't doing a lot of good when you give up the most 20+ and 40+ yard plays in the league. I think I might consider that "breaking".

Having watched most of y'alls first game on replay I agree with you, unfortunately. They do seem a bit more agressive than in the past. That said, I have no doubt at all that our offense will move the ball with ease. Like always, it's what we do with it inside the 20 and not turning it over.

jlam
08-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Having watched most of y'alls first game on replay I agree with you, unfortunately. They do seem a bit more agressive than in the past. That said, I have no doubt at all that our offense will move the ball with ease. Like always, it's what we do with it inside the 20 and not turning it over.

Right. More aggressive for sure, although whether or not that translates to "more effective", who knows? Still up in the air.

I definitely don't expect to shut you guys down, that would be pretty unreasonable. But I do hope to see us force a couple of turnovers and be able to get off the field in 3rd and long situations, both of which have been our achille's heel for several years now. I suspect we'll still get gashed for a big play here and there, but at least it feels as if there's some tangible reward associated with the risks we're likely to take.

HOU-TEX
08-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Right. More aggressive for sure, although whether or not that translates to "more effective", who knows? Still up in the air.

I definitely don't expect to shut you guys down, that would be pretty unreasonable. But I do hope to see us force a couple of turnovers and be able to get off the field in 3rd and long situations, both of which have been our achille's heel for several years now. I suspect we'll still get gashed for a big play here and there, but at least it feels as if there's some tangible reward associated with the risks we're likely to take.

Sounds very familiar! End the end, I think both our teams are very, very similar. We both have a potent offense coupled with a mediocre defense. We've both made a lot of moves on the defensive side of the ball during the offseason. I reckon it all comes down to which defense can buy into the newer scheme and be successful the quickest.

CTWade
08-19-2009, 11:55 AM
An interesting turn this thread has took, for I was browsing some Saints forums the other day seeking their opinion on Mario Williams after all these years. Apparently many if not most still believe Reggie Bush to be the superior pick. The reasoning, from what I understand, is that Bush enables their offense more than Mario Williams would have enabled their defense, and that Bush was integral for their playoff run, while we still have yet to have a winning season even with Mario.

DocBar
08-19-2009, 08:42 PM
An interesting turn this thread has took, for I was browsing some Saints forums the other day seeking their opinion on Mario Williams after all these years. Apparently many if not most still believe Reggie Bush to be the superior pick. The reasoning, from what I understand, is that Bush enables their offense more than Mario Williams would have enabled their defense, and that Bush was integral for their playoff run, while we still have yet to have a winning season even with Mario.And the VAST majority of New Orleans voted for Obama. Nuff said. LOL

False Start
08-19-2009, 09:03 PM
An interesting turn this thread has took, for I was browsing some Saints forums the other day seeking their opinion on Mario Williams after all these years. Apparently many if not most still believe Reggie Bush to be the superior pick. The reasoning, from what I understand, is that Bush enables their offense more than Mario Williams would have enabled their defense, and that Bush was integral for their playoff run, while we still have yet to have a winning season even with Mario.

They must have some good stuff there.... http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/p_bonghit.gif

ObsiWan
08-20-2009, 12:51 AM

It's called drinking the hometeam koolade.
If we had Reggie, I'd be defending that pick too. And with Deuce and Pierre Thomas running effectively between the tackles they aren't desparate for him to carry the rushing load. And with Bush being quasi-effective part of the passing game and special teams he's not a complete waste of a uni. So if I were a Saints fan, I would try and make that argument.

kozanack
08-20-2009, 07:53 AM
If we had Reggie, I'd be defending that pick too. And with Deuce and Pierre Thomas running effectively between the tackles they aren't desparate for him to carry the rushing load. And with Bush being quasi-effective part of the passing game and special teams he's not a complete waste of a uni. So if I were a Saints fan, I would try and make that argument.

Well above average as a punt returner. Serviceable, but below avg receiver. Serviceable, but below avg RB. If it wasn't for his punt returning skills, my guess is that he wouldn't be on the roster. Give him points for versatility. He's not a bust, just overdrafted. If he had been picked in R2 or R3, probably no one would complain.

WesmanTexanfan
08-20-2009, 11:55 AM
I was a guest at practice this morning, besides it being one the coolest things I've gotten to do in a while, it was hot and packed with spectators. The whole U of H and Rice teams were there. There were 5 big fights too, I think shockey started 3 of them that punk, demeaco took him to the ground...

I watched the D most of the time and they looked good seein how we are missing Brian and Dunta. I got some cool pics I'll figure out how to post.

Go Texans

Ps oh and Reggie B got a little banged up, if your intrested

TimeKiller
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
I was a guest at practice this morning, besides it being one the coolest things I've gotten to do in a while, it was hot and packed with spectators. The whole U of H and Rice teams were there. There were 5 big fights too, I think shockey started 3 of them that punk, demeaco took him to the ground...

I watched the D most of the time and they looked good seein how we are missing Brian and Dunta. I got some cool pics I'll figure out how to post.

Go Texans

Ps oh and Reggie B got a little banged up, if your intrested

Shockey is just mad that he hasn't mattered in 3 years...I hope he's smart enough to stay out of Meco's grill, 59 is still a little bit thicker than Shockey's head.

76Texan
08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
790 just reports there were 6 fights.

I was late and only saw two, LOL!

False Start
08-20-2009, 12:22 PM
We aint afraid of no Saints! :texflag:

HOU-TEX
08-20-2009, 12:54 PM
790 just reports there were 6 fights.

I was late and only saw two, LOL!

I know there was 2 on the defense's field. I heard 2 rumbles over on the offensive field, but maybe there were a couple smaller one's over there that I didn't hear.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Reggie gets no credit for anything he does.

He doesn't need any. He's living off the debit card afforded him by all the baseless overhyped commercials he made.

HOU-TEX
08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Mario should dominate Saturday. Saints LT Brown will be out with what is beleived to be a sports hernia. Mario was a constant presence in the backfield today against whoever backed up LT.

Bush might've tweaked his knee during after practice drills. Imagine that

ragindark
08-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Don't know about RB making a defense his ***** but it made me think of this. It still brings an smile to my face when I see it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQUiZ6ioKw&feature=related

This is more like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Ubvj4Uf3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnT0ef2gQ5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8aRh2WUz18

Houston_Fanatic
08-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Lot of similarities between us and the Saints. The reason they made a playoff run and we haven't yet is Schaub can't stay on the field. And from the looks of our backups this morning, we won't this year either if Schaub can't stay healthy.

ObsiWan
08-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Lot of similarities between us and the Saints. The reason they made a playoff run and we haven't yet is Schaub can't stay on the field. And from the looks of our backups this morning, we won't this year either if Schaub can't stay healthy.

Even if Drew Brees were to go down, they have Mark Brunell as their #2. I watched that "old man" out there today.
He can still chuck it.

...wonder if they'd trade him to us for T.J. and Dan-O?
J/K
(unless they'd go for it...)

Thorn
08-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Yall are beginning to make me nervous with all this bad talk about DanO. :eek:

ObsiWan
08-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry but the plain fact is, compared to Sage, Dan needs work.
He doesn't absolutely suck but we're used to seeing Sage @ #2 and the offense didn't miss a beat. Dan just isn't at that level yet.

But then again, one must consider Sage has four years of experience over Dan. He SHOULD be better.

Thorn
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Let's hope Schaub stays upright, or else it's gonna be another long season.

drewmar74
08-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Even if Drew Brees were to go down, they have Mark Brunell as their #2. I watched that "old man" out there today.
He can still chuck it.

...wonder if they'd trade him to us for T.J. and Dan-O?
J/K
(unless they'd go for it...)

Sat next to Brunell on a plane out of Dulles when he was still with the skins. Really nice guy but I have to question his movie taste. He was watching "The Final Countdown" on a portable DVD player.

What - someone had already checked "Gymkata" out from Blockbuster?

That's not related to anything but it came to mind and I felt a deep obligation to share it with y'all.

76Texan
08-20-2009, 06:49 PM

I was talking about how an announcer praise DanO's ability in his read progression.
An example I just saw in the Vikings game give me even more confidence.

It was 2-6 at the Lions 17.
The Lions was in single back, 2-TE formation, 2 WRs split on each side.
It took DanO a little less than 3 secs to deliver the ball to R.Williams 7 yds beyond the first down marker (he would gain another 4 yds for a total of 17 on the play).

First, as he took the snap from center, DanO looked ahead toward the middle.
Then he darted left for Calvin Johnson.
He went back to the middle, then looked inside left.
Then he looked outside left where the TE had broken out to.
The TE was about 3 yds short of the marker, with a LB bearing down on him.
He had a slight chance for the first down.
DanO pumped, looked, locked in... and just as you thought he would go to the TE, he went back inside to the WR Williams.
17yd and a first down.

He didn't pull out a win, but the Vikings needed to kick a FG in the last minute to win that game 12-10.

One Time
08-20-2009, 07:56 PM

Huh! I guess all teams drink their own kool-aid, because 90 to 95% of Saints fans would NOT trade Bush for Williams. Especially when the Saints are pretty deep at DE anyway. Kinda like how the Houston Chronicle seems to have a staff of homers and report NONE of the dominating things the Saints have done in the practices, like Michael Jenkins 70 yard INT yesterday and Tracy Porter's 90 yard one today.

When healthy, Bush has lived up to his billing mostly. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As for a game he "dominated"? Couple of candidates could be the 49er game of '06, or the Vikings game of '08.

Why can't Texans fans just be happy with their guy instead of the constant need to bring up Reggie Bush?

On a side note, why did they get rid of the "Oilers"? That team had history and I LOVED the unis. The new "Texan" stuff is a bit corny.

Cheers!

DocBar
08-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Huh! I guess all teams drink their own kool-aid, because 90 to 95% of Saints fans would NOT trade Bush for Williams. Especially when the Saints are pretty deep at DE anyway. Kinda like how the Houston Chronicle seems to have a staff of homers and report NONE of the dominating things the Saints have done in the practices, like Michael Jenkins 70 yard INT yesterday and Tracy Porter's 90 yard one today.

When healthy, Bush has lived up to his billing mostly. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As for a game he "dominated"? Couple of candidates could be the 49er game of '06, or the Vikings game of '08.

Why can't Texans fans just be happy with their guy instead of the constant need to bring up Reggie Bush?

On a side note, why did they get rid of the "Oilers"? That team had history and I LOVED the unis. The new "Texan" stuff is a bit corny.

Cheers!Deuce isn't with the team anymore, Thomas seems to have injury problems, and exactly what billing are you referring to? I understand defending ones favorite teams picks, but that's just an outright falshood that Bush has lived up to anything remotely resembling his billing. You didn't drink the koolade, you made it.

ReliantTexan
08-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Huh! I guess all teams drink their own kool-aid, because 90 to 95% of Saints fans would NOT trade Bush for Williams. Especially when the Saints are pretty deep at DE anyway. Which is exactly why they're the ones drinking the koolaid, because 90 to 95% of the rest of NFL fans would trade Bush for Mario, without hesitation. Anyone who is not seeing through Black and gold glasses can see that a DPOY caliber defensive end is much more valuable than a middle of the road RB who you can find in practically every draft.

Thorn
08-20-2009, 09:03 PM

Cheers!

Why can't we forget about Reggie Bush? Most of us already have. Slaton ran damn near as much in his first year as Bush did in three. As to the history of why we can't forget about Bush, well for a long time we had Bush shoved down our throats by the media and some of our own fans. It was as irratating as the frigging Cowboy fans in Houston, and we are still reacting to that.

On your little side note, we didn't "get rid" of the Oilers, the fat pig that owned them left town while we was still paying for his frigging improvements to the Astrodome.

Wolf
08-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Mario should dominate Saturday. Saints LT Brown will be out with what is beleived to be a sports hernia. Mario was a constant presence in the backfield today against whoever backed up LT.

Bush might've tweaked his knee during after practice drills. Imagine that

so I take it that this was about a replay of the 2007 picture I have stashed (can't remember if this was andy's picture or not from Texansbullpen

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs167.snc1/6252_1099401445459_1239346820_30316008_6708381_n.j pg

Wolf
08-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Why can't we forget about Reggie Bush? Most of us already have. Slaton ran damn near as much in his first year as Bush did in three. As to the history of why we can't forget about Bush, well for a long time we had Bush shoved down our throats by the media and some of our own fans. It was as irratating as the frigging Cowboy fans in Houston, and we are still reacting to that.

On your little side note, we didn't "get rid" of the Oilers, the fat pig that owned them left town while we was still paying for his frigging improvements to the Astrodome.

right.. and media still brings it up from time to time

buddyboy
08-20-2009, 09:22 PM
so I take it that this was about a replay of the 2007 picture I have stashed (can't remember if this was andy's picture or not from Texansbullpen

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs167.snc1/6252_1099401445459_1239346820_30316008_6708381_n.j pg

Geez, those "Take it Away" shorts are so weird looking.

ObsiWan
08-20-2009, 09:30 PM

Cheers!

I think I saw Tracy Porter's pick. I'm fairly sure that was off of Alex Brink - the 3rd string QB who just got off the sofa and into camp on Monday. You want props?
Okay.
Yaay for T.P. :D

Seriously, I was talking to the Saints fans that were where I was sitting and we agreed both teams just need their respective defenses to step it up and we'd both be bound for the playoffs. Both offenses are ready - assuming the starting QBs stay healthy.

And the guys from the local rag are supposed to talk up the local team. You had reps from your local news. I would hope they talked up the Saints. That's just how it works.

One Time
08-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Deuce isn't with the team anymore, Thomas seems to have injury problems, and exactly what billing are you referring to? I understand defending ones favorite teams picks, but that's just an outright falshood that Bush has lived up to anything remotely resembling his billing. You didn't drink the koolade, you made it.

Thomas has injury problems? When and where? Guy averaged 5 yards a pop last season so don't be surprised if he has a good game tomorrow. This will be his first chance at a 16 game season since Deuce left. He was hardly ever used and buried on the depth chart before last season for injury to hamper him. Can't get injured on the sidelines. Where do you get this stuff?

Also, I'm speaking for Saints fans since we are the ones who have seen Bush perform in EVERY game. Not ESPN snippets. We know his value both with AND without the ball, so no, I'd say the vast majority would NOT trade him for Mario. Especially since I already mentioned that the Saints are very deep at DE.

How you can speak for other NFL fans of other cities, I do not know.

One Time
08-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I think I saw Tracy Porter's pick. I'm fairly sure that was off of Alex Brink - the 3rd string QB who just got off the sofa and into camp on Monday. You want props?
Okay.
Yaay for T.P. :D

Seriously, I was talking to the Saints fans that were where I was sitting and we agreed both teams just need their respective defenses to step it up and we'd both be bound for the playoffs. Both offenses are ready - assuming the starting QBs stay healthy.

And the guys from the local rag are supposed to talk up the local team. You had reps from your local news. I would hope they talked up the Saints. That's just how it works.

Jenkins got your starting QB yesterday, and I would check and make sure Porter's pick was on a 3rd string QB, because he is one of our starting corners. Why would our 1st string unit be going against your 3rd?

Also, you can be objective. Our media, which isnt great by any stretch, reported when Brown got tossed by Williams, but then they ALSO reported he stoned Williams on the next rep. BALANCE in reporting ain't bad.

GP
08-20-2009, 09:42 PM

Cheers!

LOL. You don't even know enough of NFL history (recent history, at that) to know that we didn't just decide to change our team's name and logo.

Bud Adams (he owns the Titans, in case you didn't know) owns the Oilers' likeness rights and all that goes with it. He wanted the city of Houston to set him up in a fantastic new stadium, upon the shoulders of tax payers, and the city told him enough is enough. Bud then threw a fit and took his toys and went to Nashville.

You've been to one too many Mardis Gras events if you think Reggie has lived up to his hype. Oh, you threw out the "mostly" word in order to try and squeeze that outrageous claim by us.

Look at Steve Slaton's rushing yards in ONE season, compared with Reggie's entire three seasons.

Bush has played in 38 games and has 1,550 yds. of rushing. That's an average of under 41 yards per game.

Slaton has played in 16 games and has 1,282 yds. of rushing. That's an average of 80 yards per game.

Twice as much rushing production, packaged in a 3rd rounder named Slaton.

But Reggie has an edge in the "decoy" category. LOL.

GP
08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Jenkins got your starting QB yesterday, and I would check and make sure Porter's pick was on a 3rd string QB, because he is one of our starting corners. Why would our 1st string unit be going against your 3rd?

Also, you can be objective. Our media, which isnt great by any stretch, reported when Brown got tossed by Williams, but then they ALSO reported he stoned Williams on the next rep. BALANCE in reporting ain't bad.

LOL.

We get it: You love the Saints. :listening

http://www03.neworleanssaints.com/~/media/365CA3BF8A8543F3B16CBE7D4A9558B2.ashx?w=200&mw=200&h=250&mh=250

buddyboy
08-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Thomas has injury problems? When and where? Guy averaged 5 yards a pop last season so don't be surprised if he has a good game tomorrow. This will be his first chance at a 16 game season since Deuce left. He was hardly ever used and buried on the depth chart before last season for injury to hamper him. Can't get injured on the sidelines. Where do you get this stuff?

Also, I'm speaking for Saints fans since we are the ones who have seen Bush perform in EVERY game. Not ESPN snippets. We know his value both with AND without the ball, so no, I'd say the vast majority would NOT trade him for Mario. Especially since I already mentioned that the Saints are very deep at DE.

I agree that the Saints are deep at DE, so maybe ya'll wouldn't swap RB for Mario, but I've also heard a lot of Saints fans saying that Reggie has done more as a pro than Mario. Like you said, I'm sure most Saints fans haven't seen Mario perform in more than 3 or 4 games. Plus, I'm sure that ESPN shows more Reggie highlights than Mario highlights. I'm curious how much of Mario you've seen?

Frankly, I'm happy with Slaton. Runs just as well as Reggie (IMO!) for a 3rd rounder. Sure, maybe he's not a "decoy" (I hate that term), and definitely not the receiving threat, but hey, he was a third rounder, not "the best RB prospect in decades" and the "next coming of Barry Sanders!".

buddyboy
08-20-2009, 09:50 PM

I don't think you realize the extent of the constant bashing of the Texans following the 2006 draft.

ObsiWan
08-20-2009, 09:52 PM

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_story/2009/06/24/autotuning_sports_rants_is_a_meme_we_can_all_fully .jpg
Practice!??
We talkin' 'bout practice!
Not a game...
...Practice!

LOL

sorry, I just had to get that in.

Wolf
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
williams "decoy" status would have gone through the roof if Weaver and others would have taken advantage of it ..

2006 had 4 of the teams 28 sacks
2007 had 14 of the teams 31 sacks
2008 had 12 of the teams 25 sacks

totals of 30 of the teams overall 84 sacks (per nfl.com)

nothing to read into just saying

man I hope bush and bill kohler gets this group going and Smith is the real deal

GP
08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't think you realize the extent of the constant bashing of the Texans following the 2006 draft.

quoted for truth.

It was over-the-top smack talk by all sports media, and NFL fans everywhere. For a whole year.

And now? It's this-- :cricket:

One Time
08-20-2009, 10:08 PM
LOL. You don't even know enough of NFL history (recent history, at that) to know that we didn't just decide to change our team's name and logo.

Bud Adams (he owns the Titans, in case you didn't know) owns the Oilers' likeness rights and all that goes with it. He wanted the city of Houston to set him up in a fantastic new stadium, upon the shoulders of tax payers, and the city told him enough is enough. Bud then threw a fit and took his toys and went to Nashville.

You've been to one too many Mardis Gras events if you think Reggie has lived up to his hype. Oh, you threw out the "mostly" word in order to try and squeeze that outrageous claim by us.

Look at Steve Slaton's rushing yards in ONE season, compared with Reggie's entire three seasons.

Bush has played in 38 games and has 1,550 yds. of rushing. That's an average of under 41 yards per game.

Slaton has played in 16 games and has 1,282 yds. of rushing. That's an average of 80 yards per game.

Twice as much rushing production, packaged in a 3rd rounder named Slaton.

But Reggie has an edge in the "decoy" category. LOL.

Ummm no, I'm well aware of how the "name game" goes. You see, we had this team called the New Orleans Jazz, then our ruthless owner took them to Salt Lake City, along with the colors and uni, and now you have the Utah Jazz...:mcnugget:

There was talk that our present NBA team owner could purchase back the old name and colors, but it fell through. Thus the question about the Oilers. You off your high donkey now?

Also, what are Slaton's punt return and receiving numbers? We all knew Bush would not be an every down running back, and has been used in many different ways. Kinda false to only talk about his rushing numbers...don't ya think?

DocBar
08-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Geez, those "Take it Away" shorts are so weird looking.

They must be Mario sized. LOL

buddyboy
08-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Ummm no, I'm well aware of how the "name game" goes. You see, we had this team called the New Orleans Jazz, then our ruthless owner took them to Salt Lake City, along with the colors and uni, and now you have the Utah Jazz...:mcnugget:

There was talk that our present NBA team owner could purchase back the old name and colors, but it fell through. Thus the question about the Oilers. You off your high donkey now?

Also, what are Slaton's punt return and receiving numbers? We all knew Bush would not be an every down running back, and has been used in many different ways. Kinda false to only talk about his rushing numbers...don't ya think?

Ugh. I concede the receiving yards. Reggie is a good pass catching threat and can be used in a myriad of ways, recieving the ball. But punt return numbers? Really? These "all-purpose yards" nonsense needs to end. You can't just add punt and kickoff return yardage to a guy's yardage. ESPN used it nonstop to justify their manlove of Reggie his first couple seasons. Yeah, I'm sure he's a great punt returner. But every team these days have a great punt returner. Jacoby Jones returned 2 last year, Reggie had 3. AMAZING, THEY'RE BOTH ALLSTARS NOW!

DocBar
08-20-2009, 10:22 PM

I like Thomas. I think he can be a very good RB in the NFL. Didn't he have some nagging injury problems in '07 and '08 that kept him limited? I might be mistaken on that, but for some reason it rings a bell with me. That will take some of the sting out of losing The Deuce. I travel all over the country and get to enjoy the NFL in other teams hometowns quite regularly. I talk a LOT of football with those fans. My one job in the New Orleans area was right after Katrina, so most sAints fans were elsewhere.

One Time
08-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Ugh. I concede the receiving yards. Reggie is a good pass catching threat and can be used in a myriad of ways, recieving the ball. But punt return numbers? Really? These "all-purpose yards" nonsense needs to end. You can't just add punt and kickoff return yardage to a guy's yardage. ESPN used it nonstop to justify their manlove of Reggie his first couple seasons. Yeah, I'm sure he's a great punt returner. But every team these days have a great punt returner. Jacoby Jones returned 2 last year, Reggie had 3. AMAZING, THEY'RE BOTH ALLSTARS NOW!

But Reggie had 3 in only 10 games played last year. Two in one game that single handedly kept the Saints in the game against the Vikings on Monday night (wierd game by the way). THAT is why ALL yardage is counted because it all...counts. The key is that he scores doing all those things. A pure threat EVERY time he touches the ball.

When healthy, the guy is a threat in too many different ways and has burned opposing teams doing all three. The key for him is staying healthy. When he's healthy, watch out!

Wolf
08-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Reggie's best season 2006 16 games 565 yards rushing 743 yards receiving for a total of 1308 yards

Slaton rookie season 16 games 1282 rushing and 377 receiving for a total of 1659

for career Bush has 20 tds (3 seasons add 4 more td's when adding PR stats ) to Slatons 10 Tds (1 season)

throw in his CAREER punt return yardage (3 seasons) you get to add 498 yards)(2006 he had 216 yards )

so if you want to compare total yards of best seasons bush has 1524 (total yards of rushing/receiving/pr ) to Slaton's 1659(rushing/receiving)

all stats per NFL.com

buddyboy
08-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Reggie's best season 2006 16 games 565 yards rushing 743 yards receiving for a total of 1308 yards

Slaton rookie season 16 games 1282 rushing and 377 receiving for a total of 1659

for career Bush has 20 tds (3 seasons add 4 more td's when adding PR stats ) to Slatons 10 Tds (1 season)

throw in his CAREER punt return yardage (3 seasons) you get to add 498 yards)(2006 he had 216 yards )

so if you want to compare total yards of best seasons bush has 1524 (total yards of rushing/receiving/pr ) to Slaton's 1659

all stats per NFL.com

This.

One Time
08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I like Thomas. I think he can be a very good RB in the NFL. Didn't he have some nagging injury problems in '07 and '08 that kept him limited? I might be mistaken on that, but for some reason it rings a bell with me. That will take some of the sting out of losing The Deuce. I travel all over the country and get to enjoy the NFL in other teams hometowns quite regularly. I talk a LOT of football with those fans. My one job in the New Orleans area was right after Katrina, so most sAints fans were elsewhere.

Maybe you're thinking about Deuce? Thomas only missed one game last year, the season finale.

He's added a few pounds, always moves the pile, is cat quick, and can catch out of the backfield. Looking forward to a full season of #23 and #25 this season. The guy has done nothing but produce when he touches the ball. Now that Deuce is gone, it's his turn to shine.

Oh, and I wouldn't trust the Chronicle of you want objective information on your next opponent. They don't seem to fill you in on very much.

Been fun Texans. I'll be back to congratulate, or talk a lil smack after the game.

Cheers!

Wolf
08-20-2009, 10:38 PM
for the record I am not knocking on reggie.. it isn't his fault that he was hyped so bad by ESPiN ... but it got really ridiculous on the garbage that was was thrown around ... an Eric metcalf type on PR that can run and catch a bit.

I wish Reggie the best and hope he can stay healthy

One Time
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM

so if you want to compare total yards of best seasons bush has 1524 (total yards of rushing/receiving/pr ) to Slaton's 1659(rushing/receiving)

all stats per NFL.com

Which translates into 318 touches at 5.2 yards per for Slaton in 2008.

Bush's 271 touches at 5.6 yards per in 2006.

Cheers!

ObsiWan
08-20-2009, 10:46 PM

Okay, receiving....
Bush -- 52 catches for 440 yds and 4 TDs
Slaton - 50 catches for 337 yds and 1 TD
advantage Bush. But not by much.

Add in Slaton's rushing yards (both guys were signed to be RBs after all) and Slaton has the edge. We have other guys who can return punts. For a lot cheaper than the 4-5 mil/yr you're paying Bush.

For the record, I was kind of a fan of the New Orleans Jazz - mainly because of this guy
http://cache.nba.com/media/history/maravich_350.jpg

I think you got screwed when they moved the Jazz to Utah. Whoever heard of any jazz coming out of Utah. They should have changed the name.

Anyway, enough of this banter. Good luck to you this season - since we don't play you guys - and may we see you in the playoffs; because it means both teams made it to the Super Bowl.

Wolf
08-20-2009, 10:53 PM

Cheers!

wow impressive .. Saints are probably pleased with the production on the 6 year 51 million dollar contract..i wonder how much he gets paid per touch and I wonder if the 26 million in guaranteed money goes toward the decoy fund ...and 25 million goes to the rest. :tease:

compared to Slaton's 4 year 2.37 :hmmm:

I can play the stats game too :joker:

http://www.pubhousedialogues.com/media/blogs/curmudgeon/obi-wan-mind-trick.jpg

Wolf
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Anyway, enough of this banter. Good luck to you this season - since we don't play you guys - and may we see you in the playoffs; because it means both teams made it to the Super Bowl.

agreed :texflag:

buddyboy
08-20-2009, 10:56 PM

Cheers!

Bush's #2 overall draft position
Slaton's #89 overall draft position

I'd still say the Texans came out on top on that one

Houston_Fanatic
08-20-2009, 11:40 PM
We all knew Bush would not be an every down running back, and has been used in many different ways. Kinda false to only talk about his rushing numbers...don't ya think?

ummm...... NO. You didn't find out he wasn't an "every down back" until after his rookie year. That was NOT how he was HYPED, hence the extreme criticism against the Texans for passing on him. I am happy with our pick (Slaton) and wish you guys well in your regular season play. It really doesn't matter what Reggie or VY does at this point - Mario has already proven himself and there are no whispers of "bust" and that is all that matters to our team. The other 2 draft picks can fail or succeed and it won't take away from Mario's contribution to our team.

GP
08-21-2009, 08:35 AM

1. You made a statement that was ignorant, in regards to why our name is the Texans. No need to try and spin it.

2. "We all knew Bush would not be an every down running back" is a statement that attempts to excuse his lack of production at the position of running back. I don't think your team drafted the guy at No. 2 and paid him all that money to field punts and be a situational player. They had hoped he would be a dazzling running back; I believe the media called him "The next Gale Sayers."

Deep down, under that gold and silver exterior of yours, you know that Reggie Bush has not fulfilled the overwhelming hype and promise that everyone but Texans fans has placed upon him.

And, score one for us (for a change), we finally did something right. But even when we do something right, we still have to be wrong. We still have to come up on the short end of the stick. When David Carr was here, ESPN had a commercial showing him on the field all by himself--A very untrue picture of what the problem REALLY was (David Carr). Then came the draft, and all the Madden video game commercials with Vince Young and Bush slamming the Texans for passing on them. And the dozen commercials featuring Reggie Bush, already a lock for the hall of fame. And the media's relentless kicking of our Texans, for over a whole year. We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

Good luck to your team this season.

Thorn
08-21-2009, 08:54 AM
The three main players involved in all this talk are Mario, Vince and Reggie. At the time of the draft, the Mario pick blew up the fans and the media and then Mario didn't have a good rookie year, where as Vince did and to some degree so did Reggie. As Houston fans, we've never heard the end of it so please excuse us if we are a bit sensitive about it.

As to those three players, their careers are not finished yet, so unless any of us has a working time machine and can go get a future sports report, all of us are blowing smoke up our collective asses.

In the meantime, I wish the Saints no injuries and good luck this season.

Go Texans! :texflag:

rush2112mn
08-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Later on that same guy complains more about how Reggie has been "under the microscope" and that's why the critics hate him so much. For me, I think that Mario has been under MORE scrutiny than Reggie. He's had to battle through the instantaneous belief that he was going to be the biggest mistake in football history. Critics would have LOVED for Mario to tank and prove them all right, and it took two 10+ sack seasons to change their minds.

He also talks about the impact of Reggie as a decoy being greater than the impact of Mario. No way. I guarantee that offenses account for Mario with either a chip block from a RB, an extra TE blocker, sending the RB to the other side. And even when Mario doesn't register a tackle, sack, or TFL c, he impacts games by causing pressure and drawing blockers.

Hell...the critics crucified the Texans....Mr McNair....Casserly and Kubiak......it was a all out crucifixion on taking Mario Willaims.....

I remember how bad it got. I placed my 2 authentic Mario Williams jerseys order the day we drafted him. I have always loved the pick....

I heard a interview the other day with Chris Collingsworth and he was like "I was wrong about Mario" apology....Its nice to see someone actually admit that they were wrong about the Texans pick.:texflag::texflag::texflag:

dalemurphy
08-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Hell...the critics crucified the Texans....Mr McNair....Casserly and Kubiak......it was a all out crucifixion on taking Mario Willaims.....

I remember how bad it got. I placed my 2 authentic Mario Williams jerseys order the day we drafted him. I have always loved the pick....

I heard a interview the other day with Chris Collingsworth and he was like "I was wrong about Mario" apology....Its nice to see someone actually admit that they were wrong about the Texans pick.:texflag::texflag::texflag:

You guys in Houston have no idea how bad it can get. Try living in Austin with all these myopic Longhorn fans. Heck, Texan games were pulled in favor of the freakin' Titans for 3 years so these id*ots could watch Vince Young.

triplethreat
08-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Sorry, but this one is rather easy.

Reggie Bush in zone blocking system > Steve Slaton

Period. Bush would flourish in our system.

Thorn
08-21-2009, 02:14 PM

Interesting "what if" scenario there. I'm not sure I'd disagree with you, but I think Mario is more valuable to us since we already have Slaton. And Slaton has also proven to be an effective slot reciever.

HOU-TEX
08-21-2009, 02:15 PM

Mmkay

The dude can't even stay on the field.

Slaton > Bush

Period. Bush can't flourish in diddly from the training room

triplethreat
08-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Interesting "what if" scenario there. I'm not sure I'd disagree with you, but I think Mario is more valuable to us since we already have Slaton. And Slaton has also proven to be an effective slot reciever.

Oh, in no way am I saying that I would rather have Reggie than Mario, I'd have to be insane to say that. But Reggie would be the better running back in our system given his and Slaton's running styles.

triplethreat
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Mmkay

The dude can't even stay on the field.

Slaton > Bush

Period. Bush can't flourish in diddly from the training room

Sorry, I'm just saying if Reggie was put into a system like ours he would have more success than Slaton. And there is no way you can argue that. I love Steve don't get me wrong, and I'm glad we took Mario over Reggie, but if Bush was put into this kind of system he could be an every down back and I think (just my opinion) he would be rather good.

Texecutioner
08-21-2009, 02:24 PM
I just hope that someone flattens Shockey like that team mate of his did two years ago on the Giants that gave him that concussion. :kingkong:

infantrycak
08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry, I'm just saying if Reggie was put into a system like ours he would have more success than Slaton. And there is no way you can argue that.

Yes that can be argued rather easily. Bush is a dancer which is not the best thing for ZBS.

Jackie Chiles
08-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Sorry, I'm just saying if Reggie was put into a system like ours he would have more success than Slaton. And there is no way you can argue that. I love Steve don't get me wrong, and I'm glad we took Mario over Reggie, but if Bush was put into this kind of system he could be an every down back and I think (just my opinion) he would be rather good.

Thats a pretty big assumption when you consider that Pierre Thomas can average a stout 4.8 yards per carry behind the same line that Reggie struggles behind. From what I have seen from Reggie he dances too much behind the los making him pretty much the anti zbs runner. He has all the tools but his running style wouldn't mesh as well in our system as Slaton's does.

triplethreat
08-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Yes that can be argued rather easily. Bush is a dancer which is not the best thing for ZBS.

Which is obviously something that can easily be fixed...

infantrycak
08-21-2009, 02:37 PM

Which is obviously something that can't easily be fixed or NFL coaches and GM's wouldn't concentrate so much on finding players that one cut and go and discount those who don't.

Specnatz
08-21-2009, 03:31 PM

Bush is afraid of contact, therefore he dances around. It is very hard to fix nerves or balls when he has neither of them. Oh and if it was so easily fixable why has not yet been fixed?

Bush's best moment ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQUiZ6ioKw

Wolf6151
08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I've got a bad feeling that in this game our secondary concerns are going to be exposed badly. I really don't care who wins because it's only preseason but I think our secondary is going to get tore up by Drew Brees.

Texan_Bill
08-21-2009, 03:48 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p50/dawkins2026/sheldonclip1.gif
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/mavman041/Bush-Jacked-Up.gif

http://www.brown24.com/images/store/sheldon%20brown%20Hit%20on%20Reggie%20Bush%20color ized%20ball%20too.JPG

TimeKiller
08-21-2009, 04:01 PM

:penalty:
Worst Post Ever

Houston_Fanatic
08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Ever since Bush took that incredible hit, he hasn't been the same. After that, I saw him heading for the sidelines a lot instead of turning it uphill and hesitating in the backfield.

steelbtexan
08-21-2009, 04:25 PM
You cant win a hypothetical arguement with the blind.

However if Kubes thought Reggie was all that he would be a Texan.

Reggies two greatest hits
1. Kim Kardashian
2. Sheldon Brown knocking him on his a**

steelbtexan
08-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Agreed TK

DocBar
08-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Interesting "what if" scenario there. I'm not sure I'd disagree with you, but I think Mario is more valuable to us since we already have Slaton. And Slaton has also proven to be an effective slot reciever. I would disagree with that. Bush can be amazing in the open field but, IMHO, he lacks the heart to be a productive NFL RB. You have to be WILLING to take the hits. He wasn't at USC and he isn't in New Orleans.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Which is obviously something that can't easily be fixed or NFL coaches and GM's wouldn't concentrate so much on finding players that one cut and go and discount those who don't.

Exactly. You don't have to look too far.............How many RB's have the Texans given up on because they wouldn't give up their Fred Astaire School of Dance technique??

Wolf
08-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Bush can suddenly run between the tackles?

BTW I hear he might not play due to calf injury tomorrow tonight(was a statement running along the bottom of the TV screen earlier today while I was watching LLWS

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2009, 08:50 PM

I would disagree with that. Bush can be amazing in the open field but, IMHO, he lacks the heart to be a productive NFL RB. You have to be WILLING to take the hits. He wasn't at USC and he isn't in New Orleans.

That, for sure, is pretty obvious.............unless this discussion has turned to weed?

b0ng
08-21-2009, 09:20 PM

Bolded the parts that are not very smart. I can easily argue that 10-12 games of Reggie Bush wouldn't be as dominant as 16 games of Slaton.

Where do you get the idea that Bush would flourish in the ZBS without seeing him play in it?

That, for sure, is pretty obvious.............unless this discussion has turned to weed?

You rang?

HouSportsWriter
08-21-2009, 09:49 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p50/dawkins2026/sheldonclip1.gif
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/mavman041/Bush-Jacked-Up.gif

http://www.brown24.com/images/store/sheldon%20brown%20Hit%20on%20Reggie%20Bush%20color ized%20ball%20too.JPG

that made my day

i just got home haveing a air soft war you made me laugh and it hurt =[:goodpost:

DocBar
08-21-2009, 09:56 PM
That, for sure, is pretty obvious.............unless this discussion has turned to weed? Are you confusing Bush with Ricky Williams? That other sure-fire HOFer the sAints broke the bank for?

b0ng
08-22-2009, 12:25 AM
This is more like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Ubvj4Uf3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnT0ef2gQ5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8aRh2WUz18

A real RB running the ball. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JFqO4mYjSc)

b0ng
08-22-2009, 01:30 AM
After re-reading all of the posts I missed (I only read the triplethreat posts and responded to those)

One-Time you actually present information and stats to back up your arguments which is a lot more work than most of the goofballs put in their posts which is very commendable. However, I simply find it to be a very indefensible fact that Reggie Bush does not get the ball that often. Why is that? Why cannot he not get more touches running the ball like a traditional runningback? If the whole "he was drafted as a scat/3rd down back" then why was he drafted 2nd overall? That is a major blunder right there, and I think he was drafted to carry the freaking load of the Saints ground game. Some stats from 2006:

15 games played 8 started (Why is this?): 155 carries 565yds 3.6avg (I know Deuce carried the running game, so Bush was adequate (Definitely not mind blowing) 88rec 742yds 8.4avg (top 10 in receptions, 45th in yards the avg is below S-Jax for that year). So he's a guy who can catch out of the backfield great and pretend to run the ball but he averaged less than Ron Dayne is most stats that you would want him to be better than Ron Dayne at. I wanted to use the stats for the season he played the most games. I would also consider it the most he contributed to the Saints in a statistical and attendance manner. As I'm sure you're aware he has done nothing but declined since his, well whatever you wanna call it, season. I thought it was very "meh". For some reason Bush needs to have a guy who can carry the ball 20 times a game so that he can run the ball. He received great in his rookie season, although as you are aware, if he was a WR it'd be a meh year. As a RB pass catching hybrid he definitely was not as good as Westbrook or Steven Jackson and I'd probably put LdT on there too. Those players carried their offenses on the ground as well though. All of these stats are taken from http://www.nfl.com .

I don't know why a lot of people want to put in his punt return ability as something to really really showcase. He scored a TD. His average was pretty bad at 7.7yds for 44th place in the NFL. He had a few long ones and took 1 to the house. All the other ones were pretty mediocre. Here's the question, why is your #2 overall draft pick running back returning punts if he's that integral to the offense? I don't understand why you would risk a really expensive player that contributes a whole bunch on punt returns. It's not like he's the best PR'er ever.

Please don't say decoy. That is not even near a legitimate argument to make and I refuse to believe that "decoy" is even near what you want Bush to be doing. If he's that great and that important you want the ball in his freaking hands.

I've been listening to people pull out retarded "factoids" about Bush (And Young for that matter) for the last few years about how they are great players. Great players put up jaw dropping numbers year in and year out, are consistent, and nobody would question what they do. OC's shouldn't find a way to use you, that should jump out at them what you are great at.

Basically my argument uses stats as it's basis and it's easy to say the stats don't tell the whole story. Well they do tell a lot of the story and I just don't think Bush is a guy who produces enough to warrant the praise he gets.

Hope for an injury free game Saturday.

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 03:51 AM
But Reggie had 3 in only 10 games played last year. Two in one game that single handedly kept the Saints in the game against the Vikings on Monday night (wierd game by the way). THAT is why ALL yardage is counted because it all...counts. The key is that he scores doing all those things. A pure threat EVERY time he touches the ball.

When healthy, the guy is a threat in too many different ways and has burned opposing teams doing all three. The key for him is staying healthy. When he's healthy, watch out!

Congrats you got a top notch punt returner with the 2nd overall pick in the draft. How much are you paying for that guy?

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 03:59 AM
if R.B was here... he would own this town...he would be the biggest star in H-Town ...theres no doubt in my mind...If the Texans were to get R.G 2maro ..he would dominate the sports media here...Matt and Rich and Mark and John and Andre would be chewing his jock all frikin day..so alll in all ..i know houston sports and its all just what you as a fan what to hear....am i right??....u know i am...

Yeah, Reggie would be talked about ALL THE TIME......for the same reasons another sports star is talked about all the time in this city.

You know the other OVERRATED, always injured, peice of crap, that people call Tracy McGrady. Yeah, he dominates the sports media here also.

Trust me, H-Town fan doesn't blindly support some guy, just because he has a nice smile. H-Town fan would've already turned on Reggie Bush by now....go ask David Carr what it was like living here when he couldn't get by on his smile and "potential" anymore. :rolleyes:.

Reggie should just thank his lucky starts that he went to the "Big Easy" and not NY, they would have ate him alive over the last couple of seasons.

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 04:07 AM
Can u say 1 game away from the super bowl???....just wait we will get there first.... with R.B..returning punts ..catching the ball....and running as well.. thats worth every penny bra..

Can you say....It's a team sport and there's 52 other men on the roster? The signing of Brees is the reason why they were 1 game away from the SB....not Bush. (and who the hell talks about being one game away from the SB, three seasons ago LMAO!)

The only reason why Reggie gets as many receiving yards as he does, is because your coach has to justify keeping him on the field and that's the only thing he was effective at in your offense.......now he's lost his starting position to a UDFA. Yeah, that's worth EVERY penny. The guy just needs to follow Devin Hester already and become a full-time WR. Actually come to think of it......I'd rather have Devin Hester than Reggie Bush. I mean, how much is Hester getting paid?

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 04:09 AM
And as far as McGreedy...R.B is light yrs ahead .. he was able to make it past the first round...lol

But unlike McGrady, Bush was just a role player so that year doesn't say crap about his success in the NFL now....He hasn't offered the Saints didly crap since that season. Atleast McGrady usually carries his team to the playoffs every year.

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 04:10 AM
So im right???? that would be resounding YES...dont be jealous that NOLA got R.B....yall had your chance.....and took a linemen who was hurt and a nonfactor while R.B..was jukin the league out of their jockstraps...lol

LOL, Seriously?

I don't even have to respond, you're just serving yourself now :spit:

BSofA04
08-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Reggie Bush isn't even as good as Steve Slaton.

Tell your boy not to fumble on the goal-line like last time he played us.

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Reggie Bush isn't even as good as Steve Slaton.

Not to mention alot of the backs he was drafted ahead of in his own draft.

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Hey u would have taken that season ...rite?

I would be proud of my teams accomplishments, but I wouldn't be so ignorant to think the success of that season was, because of Bush. It had more to do with the resurgence of Deuce McAllister and picking up Drew Brees.

Oh crap, I forgot....Reggie Bush was the BIGGEST DECOY IN THE NFL!

:rolleyes: yeah, another reason why I wouldn't bring up that season when trying to argue that Bush should've been the 1st overall pick.......mainly, because nobody buys that "decoy" crap.

Also I wouldn't bring up that season, becuase this is the NFL, which is a "what have you done for me lately" league and nobody cares about losing in a damn championship game almost 4 years ago! If they did care about stuff like that Donovan McNabb would be the greatest QB of all time and the Buffalo Bills would be the best NFL team that ever took the field.

so he has already surpassed Devin Hester bra... He is the MOSt dangerous man in the NFL to take it to the house...ask Brian Ulracher...and the Minny special teams ..or Tampa Bay.....the most dangerous.....yep

Devin Hester cost a fraction of what Bush does, is a better STs player than Bush is, and he also KNOWS he's not a RB, and knows his real value. Bush is overpaid, that's why I'd take Hester.

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 04:31 AM
Believe me the Texans coaching staff ,,next to stopping Breesus.. is stopping Bush...but you know what we wont even play him in a game that doesnt matter ....except for Houston fans to have something to talk about and call in to 610 all week.... thats the truth....lol... r u there John Complain?

I'm sure Houston would try to do what they did last time when they easily beat NOLA during the regular season...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29345&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&seasonType=REG&week=11

Stop the run and make Brees have to throw the ball 50 times for his yards...

Your number 2 ovrl selected back failed to give NOLA a running game to keep teams honest that year (yeah, but..but..he got his total yards :rolleyes:). When Duece went down, your running game went to crap, that's the reason why y'all didn't go back to the playoffs. You just can't throw on teams every down. You have to have a running game and Bush didn't give y'all one..........hopefully for y'all's sake P. Thomas will and I think he will.

I still can't believe we have posters on this board that think Bush is a better RB than Slaton.

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Well we almost made the playoffs on Drew's arm...and Slaton is a good back ,,but not R.B....he cant do all the things Bush can...come on man what you smokin...P.T will be the bruiser and Bush will get his touches as well...and probably lead the league in Tds again..... he's just a special player...and everyone puts him under the microscope..when your that good all eyes are on you...so if you ask most people they dont even know who Slaton is...as well as Mario Williams to be honest....we have a True NFL star in Bush and like ive said b4 everyone is watching
:shades:

Slaton can do everything receiving wise that Bush can, he has great hands......we just don't ask him to run a damn route everytime he's in the game, because we'd rather have those attempts going to a WR who gets 12 to 15 ypc, rather than being like y'all and passing out to a scatback like Reggie who can only get 7.5. In other words, we run a traditional west coast offense, because we have a RB who can RUN the ball through the tackles and we don't have to force feed him receptions out in space to get production out of him.

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 05:03 AM
And really the Texans dont need to worry about Bush ..its Peyton..Chris Johnson.. and M.J D...they need to worry about their D which mario is a part of... and makes more than R.B... so look in the mirror Texans fans has the Mario pick got yall to the playoffs??? They said Mario was the answer for Peyton... it aint happend yet...lol

I don't see any UDFA taking Mario's job while we try to turn him into a 3rd down situational pass rusher.....Nobody gives a crap about your failed attempt at beating a Bears team lead by Rex Grossman. Hell, your own coach doesn't even care about it. Ask him if that game makes him feel safer about his job at night? That's the reason why Reggie Bush has been DEMOTED. LOL :laughjump:

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 05:12 AM
I mean for christ's sake here is a avatar, people are sporting at the Saints message board...

http://saintsreport.com/forums/image.php?u=20104&dateline=1218906583

That's only 3 seasons after you took a RB #2 ovrl....and then you want to try to convince us Reggie is better than Slaton, when you can't even convince your own home fans that Reggie is better than Thomas. :spit:

Carr Bombed
08-22-2009, 05:22 AM
U mean Thomas got promoted? did u see Deuce last yr?...he tried but wasnt what he was...so really Bush is in the same spot...

Really, that sucks......no wonder some Saints fans want to trade a 2nd round pick for Marion Barber. I guess y'all need to find a RB somewhere if Thomas isn't going to work out.

DocBar
08-22-2009, 06:29 AM
After reading the posts of 2blu4u, I'm having a hard time typing cuz I'm laughing my ass off. Could you PLEASE use the :sarcasm: emoticon? Some people on here might think you're being serious. RB juking people out of their jockstraps!!! Man, that's some rich humor there. RB getting the sAints to within one game of the Super Bowl while having a season Jonathon Wells would be proud of. Ever hear of him? Not many outside Columbus, Ohio and Houston, Texas have.

Malloy
08-22-2009, 07:12 AM
LOL...well i will tell you this... ive lived in H-town and played here for 15 yrs... and am considered the best Blues guitar player in town...u can say what you want everybody here wanted Reggie Bush...or Vince Y..dont lie u know im right..lol..Reggie has got us 1 game away from a super bowl and that was his frikin rookie season....so that pick for Saints fans was spot on..we have had many dominate defensive players and having a threat everytime he touches the ball on offense is a fan dream..so dog R.G all you want ..just remember ...u all wanted him deep down inside and when he breaks out this season and stays on the field for 16 games and is part of this super bowl team...the PICK will have paid off... So get ready !!! all u haters ..when he dives in the endzone like he did in the CHAMPIONSHIP Game ...... all the world will see what we as SAINTS fans have known...When you have a special talent everybody is jealous ...lol...so be ready to be humbled.....

see ya at the game....

Keep your homo-erotic fantasies for yourself...

Thorn
08-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Keep your homo-erotic fantasies for yourself...

Eh, no problem. It's just slatonisabeast messing with our heads with his other account.

Lucky
08-22-2009, 08:31 AM
...and Slaton is a good back ,,but not R.B...
Thank goodness. :whew

Ben Frank
08-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Well we almost made the playoffs on Drew's arm...and Slaton is a good back ,,but not R.B....he cant do all the things Bush can...come on man what you smokin...P.T will be the bruiser and Bush will get his touches as well...and probably lead the league in Tds again..... he's just a special player...and everyone puts him under the microscope..when your that good all eyes are on you...so if you ask most people they dont even know who Slaton is...as well as Mario Williams to be honest....we have a True NFL star in Bush and like ive said b4 everyone is watching
:shades:

1) Slaton is actually a better back than Bush.. Rushed for over a 1000, he was brought in to 2 be a 3rd down back because of his ability to catch passes in the backfield.. IMHO he's a better version of Reggie Bush.. Reggie act's like he's afraid of getting hit.. that's why he choose to run on the outside and try to use his speed.. but the corner's in the NFL are a lot faster than the one's in college

2) He was a special player in college and high school.. now that some year's have passed.. I noticed he was really.. really.. over-rated, u can thank that high school mix-tape for that.. not to mention he's put under a microscrope because people expected so much more

3)We'll Slaton was a rookie last year.. 1 of 3 to rush for a 1000 yards, and how can u say most people don't kno who Mario Williams is???? If people know Reggie Bush.. there's a good chance thay know Mario Williams.. and I'm sure the fact that Mario's a top 5 DE in the NFL help's too.. meaning he's number 1 on the scouting report

4) Dateing Kim Kardashian make's u a true NFL Star??? What has he done lately?

infantrycak
08-22-2009, 09:22 AM
He is the MOSt dangerous man in the NFL to take it to the house...

Oh look, the "take it to the house" pre-draft argument.

Bush (3 years) runs 20+ (7) 40+ (1)

Slaton (1 year) runs 20+ (13) 40+ (5)

The most dangerous man seems a little flaccid.

ObsiWan
08-22-2009, 09:34 AM
LAWD! Are we STILL arguing about this??

We didn't take him because we needed an impact defensive player worse than we needed a 3rd down back. The Denver-style running game is one where you patiently follow your blocking, spot the hole, make one cut and head north. Bush has been in the league 3 (going on four) yrs and still hasn't mastered that simple task. That's why old man Deuce and Pierre carried the sAints running attack last year.

The one thing Bush HAD going for him was speed and quickness. I'll be the first to admit that there was a time that if "he was even, he was leavin'". Now that he's got off-and-on knee issues that edge may be fading. And people say Schaub has durability issues.

Bottom Line:
I'm glad the sAint fans are happy with Hollywood Bush.
I'm certainly happy with Super Mario.
I wouldn't give up Mario for Bush now even if you threw in Marcus Colston and Drew Brees. (although, I think about it for a sec) :)

b0ng
08-22-2009, 09:35 AM
LOL...well i will tell you this... ive lived in H-town and played here for 15 yrs... and am considered the best Blues guitar player in town...u can say what you want everybody here wanted Reggie Bush...or Vince Y..dont lie u know im right..lol..Reggie has got us 1 game away from a super bowl and that was his frikin rookie season....so that pick for Saints fans was spot on..we have had many dominate defensive players and having a threat everytime he touches the ball on offense is a fan dream..so dog R.G all you want ..just remember ...u all wanted him deep down inside and when he breaks out this season and stays on the field for 16 games and is part of this super bowl team...the PICK will have paid off... So get ready !!! all u haters ..when he dives in the endzone like he did in the CHAMPIONSHIP Game ...... all the world will see what we as SAINTS fans have known...When you have a special talent everybody is jealous ...lol...so be ready to be humbled.....

see ya at the game....

This and all of the rest of your posts in this thread are nothing but hyperbole garbage. Deuce McAllister, Drew Brees, and Marques Colston (The real rookie sensation for the Saints in 2006) would probably be a little upset that you are giving all of their credit to a not-very-good RB2. None of your posts have any facts behind the opinions, you're basically just saying whatever you would think would piss off Texans fans. I'll give you some factless opinions that you can think about:

1.) If Reggie was our pick in 2006, you can be garunteed that he would be viewed in a very negative light in Houston. People would call him a bust (and he is) every time his name would be brought up on SR610.

2.) Reggie Bush obviously proved that he doesn't have his head in the game in 2007 when he spent more time in front of a camera than he did behind his offensive line.

3.) 40 million dollars for a guy who's not a good RB (he's not), not a good WR (He's not), and an okay punt returner is ridiculous. He should've re-structred his contract because he is STEALING (see, caps to make my statement more true) from the Saints organization.

Hell your grammar practically invalidates most of your posts anyway, but I'm sure my fellow Texans fans will fisk you up and down for good measure. Nobody here is going to agree with you that Reggie has lead anything other than Kim Kardashian and even then, Ray Jay hit that hole quicker and with more authority.

CloakNNNdagger
08-22-2009, 09:41 AM

Cak,

You don't understand...........2blu4u is speaking (in tongue, obviously) about RB's prowess with another type of "runs."

http://carnell.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/diarrhea-small.jpg

Jackie Chiles
08-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Won't go any further into the whole Reggie vs. Mario debate because its been beaten to a pulp and opinions aren't likely to change via our message board debate but I will say this: If Jammal Brown is good to go for the opener I expect the Saints offense, with or without Reggie, to be the best in the NFL and I expect them to win at least 10 games. Their defense doesn't even need to be average imo. That offense is just loaded. I love Pierre Thomas and Drew Brees is an absolute stud. They are deep and talented at WR and have a solid Oline. Having guys like Reggie and Shockey produce for them would be nice but that ship can still cruise without them.

One Time
08-22-2009, 11:42 PM
1. You made a statement that was ignorant, in regards to why our name is the Texans. No need to try and spin it.

2. "We all knew Bush would not be an every down running back" is a statement that attempts to excuse his lack of production at the position of running back. I don't think your team drafted the guy at No. 2 and paid him all that money to field punts and be a situational player. They had hoped he would be a dazzling running back; I believe the media called him "The next Gale Sayers."

Deep down, under that gold and silver exterior of yours, you know that Reggie Bush has not fulfilled the overwhelming hype and promise that everyone but Texans fans has placed upon him.

And, score one for us (for a change), we finally did something right. But even when we do something right, we still have to be wrong. We still have to come up on the short end of the stick. When David Carr was here, ESPN had a commercial showing him on the field all by himself--A very untrue picture of what the problem REALLY was (David Carr). Then came the draft, and all the Madden video game commercials with Vince Young and Bush slamming the Texans for passing on them. And the dozen commercials featuring Reggie Bush, already a lock for the hall of fame. And the media's relentless kicking of our Texans, for over a whole year. We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

Good luck to your team this season.

Howdy Texans! :smiliedance:

I won't rub it in too much, but the way Texan fans and Houston media talked about the Saints, I'm GLAD they spanked them! Never heard so much smack talk and homerism for pre-season game in my life. Now to address the above.

1. Was not an ignorant statement. If our basketball team can attempt to recover their old name, the question I asked was in line with why/if Houston had done the same. Case closed whiney boy.

2. Don't take your frustration from the media out on me. Saints fans KNEW he would not be an every down back because he wasn't even used as one at USC. It was plainly obvious, ESPECIALLY when the Saints had 240 Ilb Deuce McCallister already on the roster. You don't follow the Saints, so don't even try to act like you can read the mind of Saints fans regarding Bush. Give it a rest.

Be happy with Williams, we are happy with Bush. Case closed.

My assesment of tonight's game?

Payton finally kept his word and seems to be learning from his mistakes. He's really making an effort to run the football, and the Saints have 2 of the best guards in the league. No excuses for 30 to 50 pass plays per game this season it seems.

Secondly, the depth on both sides is looking good, except for DT. The inside push is still not there.

Lastly, the '08 Lions went 4-0 in pre-season. So did the '00 Ravens. Which means? Nothing at all!

Good luck on the season Texans! Only 2 more of these annoying games left.

Wolf
08-23-2009, 12:00 AM
well glad the saints spent that money on someone that wasn't going to be an everydown back...(I find that hard to believe that a team would do that , but it is a team that traded a whole draft for ricky williams )

anyway.. good luck on the season and hope they stay healthy

Wolf
08-23-2009, 11:11 AM
make sure you stretch before you pat yourself and team on the back, I hate for you to be on IR for the next 4-6 weeks with tennis elbow or torn rotator cuff

Specnatz
08-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Oh and a word to Demeco Ryans...we own your house ...lol...

You realize that it was a preseason game, right?

b0ng
08-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah but he spouted off and got the snot beat out of him...lol.....Mike Bell made him and that entire Texans D his *****!!!!...lol

I'm glad your buddy Reggie Bush was able to sit out so a real talent at Runningback could play. Kudos to him!

m5kwatts
08-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Oh and thanks for Mike Bell..him R.B and P.T will be just fine...lol..:tiphat:

Yeah because when measuring how good your running game is, the Texans D is a good place to start! Not.

Ryan
08-23-2009, 02:07 PM
lol even detroit can look good in preseason...leave troll.

Wolf
08-23-2009, 02:13 PM
The HOF Decoy stupified our defense by not playing.. we were geared to stop him and he didn't suit up and our defense didn't know what to do :smiliedance: :rolleyes:

m5kwatts
08-23-2009, 02:27 PM
LOL..the Texans are my team in the AFC...but the Saints have been my team for 30yrs...yall just got trucked last nite and R.B wasnt even in the game.. That defensive line for yall is terrible...man its gonna be a long season for them..but the saints D is much improved and our running game is much better and well can u say Breesus!!!...oh and Mike Bell...lol

Move back to New Orleans you sewage rat

Wolf
08-23-2009, 02:31 PM
LOL..the Texans are my team in the AFC...but the Saints have been my team for 30yrs...yall just got trucked last nite and R.B wasnt even in the game.. That defensive line for yall is terrible...man its gonna be a long season for them..but the saints D is much improved and our running game is much better and well can u say Breesus!!!...oh and Mike Bell...lol

well I hope the Texans can have as much success in the playoffs over the years as your team :shades:

I am glad one game defines a (pre) season

Congrats on the win

b0ng
08-23-2009, 02:38 PM
If Bush was n there it would have probably been 58 to 14...lol..we didnt need him our backups handled your starting d with ease...lol...

If Bush was in there he probably would've gotten 4 yards on 10 carries and leg injury. lol lol lol

EDIT: And shot a commercial. Forgot about Bush's greatest asset. lol lol lol

m5kwatts
08-23-2009, 02:44 PM
LOL ...personal arent we..oh and by the way im a native Texan...lol...so the only rat i smell here is you...just lick your wounds and move on chump...Yall got a good ole fashioned ass whoopin...i cant wait to hear Mark and Andre on 610....lol....fire Kubiak is next...lol

The bragging rights belong here turd, the last regular season meeting between these teams the Texans pants'd your retarded team.

Dan B.
08-23-2009, 02:45 PM

You know the Reliant complex really was home for about a quarter million New Orleanians in 2005. Something to keep in mind when you are running your mouth on Houstonians being mean to Louisianans about a preseason game.

thunderkyss
08-23-2009, 02:48 PM
We didn't take him because we needed an impact defensive player worse than we needed a 3rd down back.

I don't care what reason we used not to take him with the #1 overall, but I'm sooooo glad we didn't. We'd have been the laughing stock of the NFL, because our front office can't evaluate & place value on talent.

No body in the history of the NFL ever took a third down back with the #1 overall. We'd have been the first. DD wouldn't have played, we'd have looked like idiots.

New Orleans had Duece.... they had the luxury of a very talented team. They only had a bad season, because of Ike, stupid coaching, and giving Aaron Brooks too much leeway.

IMHO, it was still a mistake, but a mistake a talented team can, and has in the past gotten away with, with the #2 overall.

jaayteetx
08-23-2009, 04:45 PM

Last regular season meeting, which is the only thing that matters my little troll, Texans won 23-10. Now go find a rock to crawl under and relive all two playoff victories your pathetic team has had in its 42 year history!

jaayteetx
08-23-2009, 05:15 PM

Man, I hate it when facts get in the way of a good argument!

jaayteetx
08-23-2009, 05:30 PM
lol we won the game ,,,,ha ha ha ...yall suck ....ha we won ha ha ..face it chumps ..u got smoked out your own house...all that talk and what do u have today...the same thing you had yesterday nothin...lol..troll that chump...

Today, we on Texanstalk salute you, Mr. I brag about a preseason win. Real man of genius. Because, after 42 years of futility, its all you have.

Wolf
08-23-2009, 05:30 PM
lol we won the game ,,,,ha ha ha ...yall suck ....ha we won ha ha ..face it chumps ..u got smoked out your own house...all that talk and what do u have today...the same thing you had yesterday nothin...lol..troll that chump...

and the same thing all 32 teams will have in 2 weeks 0-0 record to start the season
:user:

Jackie Chiles
08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Houston we have a problem...lol Mike Bell..Reggies backup...LMAO....one Texas team down and one to go in Dec...lol:dancer:

How many people are going to be showing up for the parade you guys are throwing after this victory? Man, you make it tough to be graceful in losing.

GP
08-23-2009, 06:05 PM
LOL ...personal arent we..oh and by the way im a native Texan...lol...so the only rat i smell here is you...just lick your wounds and move on chump...Yall got a good ole fashioned ass whoopin...i cant wait to hear Mark and Andre on 610....lol....fire Kubiak is next...lol

There should be a minimum age, for posting on this board.

Anybody who raves THAT much about Preseason Game #2 must be 12.

Congratulations, you just won a preseason game.

None of us here would have gone to the Saints board to do what you're doing (had we won the game). But here you are, typing insults about a preseason game. LOL.

If you and your mom are out doing some back-to-school shopping, I'm sure there's lots of Reggie Bush backpacks that are on clearance and in-stock.

:ohsnap:

Wolf
08-23-2009, 06:10 PM
There should be a minimum age, for posting on this board.

Anybody who raves THAT much about Preseason Game #2 must be 12.

Congratulations, you just won a preseason game.

None of us here would have gone to the Saints board to do what you're doing (had we won the game). But here you are, typing insults about a preseason game. LOL.

If you and your mom are out doing some back-to-school shopping, I'm sure there's lots of Reggie Bush backpacks that are on clearance and in-stock.

:ohsnap:

heck isn't it tax fee weekend in Texas too?

another WIN!
:smiliedance:

b0ng
08-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Actually ignore lists are better for people who have sub zero IQ's.

Wolf
08-23-2009, 06:34 PM
:yawn: