PDA

View Full Version : Texans release 2009 uniform combinations

DiehardChris
08-18-2009, 12:55 AM
I have no idea why I care about this (http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/2009UniformCombinations.asp), but every year - I do.

TWICE we have to deal with the ketchup bottles. I wish they'd bring back the original red tops w/ white pants.

Yes, I'm complaining about uniforms. I know, it's lame. I know, I shouldn't care.

TexansFanatic
08-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Dude, I'm with you. I hate the ketchup bottles. I can't imagine how it was decided those things looked suitable for public consumption.

awtysst
08-18-2009, 12:59 AM
I have no idea why I care about this (http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/2009UniformCombinations.asp), but every year - I do.

TWICE we have to deal with the ketchup bottles. I wish they'd bring back the original red tops w/ white pants.

Yes, I'm complaining about uniforms. I know, it's lame. I know, I shouldn't care.

Yeah,
I did not think i cared either, but I clicked your link, so I must.

Oh and I am not a huge fan of white shirts and white pants. It just looks really weird to me.

Ckw
08-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Maybe I am one of the few but I love the red on red combination.

SteveSlaton20
08-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Maybe I am one of the few but I love the red on red combination.this

it still beats white/blue, they're plain boring.

and white/white is my favorite.

imatexan
08-18-2009, 01:05 AM

Ya I love the red on red,

White on White is Alright.

m5kwatts
08-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Blue/Blue is my favorite... looks evil

Texaninlild
08-18-2009, 01:18 AM
Uh...thanks for making me care about uniform combinations. Now I feel I must run to the TV to watch America's Top Model. I feel a little strange about that.

Hookem Horns
08-18-2009, 01:21 AM
The red jersey/white pants combination is my favorite. Of course they aren't going with that this season. I don't like the red pants thing at all.

hot pickle
08-18-2009, 02:17 AM
i love the red on red... always use it on madden to i love it.. blue on blue is closely second though

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Is anyone irritated that the helmets for our game against the Rams shows us as being the Titans?

tex
08-18-2009, 02:35 AM

I like it to, I also like the all white.I don't care much for the all blue.

Specnatz
08-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Is anyone irritated that the helmets for our game against the Rams shows us as being the Titans?

OK fire the web designer and run his family out on a rail.

I like the red on red because of our record.

kiwitexansfan
08-18-2009, 03:23 AM
I vote for the Blue on Blue.

Red on Red is ok, but think Red on White is better.

GuerillaBlack
08-18-2009, 03:33 AM
We should be white on white at home and make other teams where their dark colors. Then, make the stadium a little warmer and open the roof in the hot Houston weather. Thus, giving the Texans a competitive advantage. Amirite?

Malloy
08-18-2009, 03:36 AM
We're still not in the regular season so everything and anything Texan is OK in my book! :)

Here are the votes from the Danish Jury:

White-White - One point
Red-Red - Two points
Blue-White - Three points
Blue-Blue - Five points

What about white-red, we'll look like Danish national players! :)

scourge
08-18-2009, 03:50 AM
We should be white on white at home and make other teams where their dark colors. Then, make the stadium a little warmer and open the roof in the hot Houston weather. Thus, giving the Texans a competitive advantage. Amirite?

absolutely.

Signed,
Dom Capers - 1st home game of the 2005 season vs. Pittsburgh.

GuerillaBlack
08-18-2009, 03:52 AM
White on White for the road. Red on Red for Battle Red days, and the Blue on White for home. That is all we need. Keep it classy.

Brisco_County
08-18-2009, 04:35 AM
I have an art degree from UT, so my opinion counts more.

Blue on white is my favorite. It's a grounded and balanced combination, commanding respect.

White on blue might seem bland, but it's a reminder that we're traveling to play football, not dance around in tiger stripes or lime green accents.

Red is high frequency and savage, but ketchup bottles aren't cool, so it needs to be contained with white pants.

White on white is too Denver Bronco-ish. Other than being a better team, we already have enough trouble distinguishing ourselves from them.

08-18-2009, 06:36 AM

Blue on white is my favorite. It's a grounded and balanced combination, commanding respect.

White on blue might seem bland, but it's a reminder that we're traveling to play football, not dance around in tiger stripes or lime green accents.

Red is high frequency and savage, but ketchup bottles aren't cool, so it needs to be contained with white pants.

White on white is too Denver Bronco-ish. Other than being a better team, we already have enough trouble distinguishing ourselves from them.

i agree with most of this post... however, i wish we'd wear blue on white at home instead of white on blue.

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2009, 07:28 AM

You know what the stats are for driving red cars.............they are traffic ticket attractions. Wonder if that translates to zebra penalty attractions on the field.:thinking:

Fred
08-18-2009, 07:43 AM

I'll have the Jumbo Jack, mustard no ketchup. No I do not want cheese but thanks for asking.

buckaroo_banzai
08-18-2009, 07:56 AM
how about white jerseys with red pants? we haven't tried that yet...:headhurts:

nunusguy
08-18-2009, 07:58 AM
All whites in season opener like the last Reliant season opener against the Chiefs
in '07. I like that look. And yea how come we can't go red-tops and white pants
now and then ?

08-18-2009, 08:26 AM
I'll have the Jumbo Jack, mustard no ketchup. No I do not want cheese but thanks for asking.

LOL... low blow, but i guess it's deserved.

Craig.
08-18-2009, 08:27 AM

:lol:

Shaft75
08-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I think we should stick with calling the uni's by their names. Steel Blue, Battle Red, and Liberty White.

michaelm
08-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Haven't we worn red/red for just about every prime time game?

BTW, I like all of the unis. Even the ketchup bottles.

Houston_Fanatic
08-18-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't like the all red, either. I like the red tops and white bottoms - very cool.

I also do not like the all white - too boring.

My all-time favorite combination is the steel blue jerseys, white pants and red socks - very classy!

Mike Kerns
08-18-2009, 09:41 AM

I actually like them as well.

TEXANS84
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM

I grew up watching University of Utah football, so I'm used to the ketchup bottles. I actually am very partial to them.

Kaiser Toro
08-18-2009, 09:46 AM
I am looking forward to the team sporting unitards

HOU-TEX
08-18-2009, 09:51 AM
They could wear pink with purple polka dots for all I care, just as long as we win.

OK, that might be to much. I can dig the all Battle Red

False Start
08-18-2009, 10:14 AM
White on White for the road. Red on Red for Battle Red days, and the Blue on White for home. That is all we need. Keep it classy.

My thoughts exactly. I wish we would wear the white/white on the road, it looks old school and classy. I do like the red/red though. On Madden 10 you can mix up the jersey combos down to the socks and shoes, its pretty cool. OK, that's my fashion take for the year. :cool:

Texan_Bill
08-18-2009, 10:24 AM

LMAO!! Because you care about "everything" Texans, man! Actually, I appreciate you posting this info.

dtran04
08-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Mario gets like 3 sacks everytime they wear the ketchup bottles so I say keep wearing them.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2009, 10:39 AM

YES!! That freakin' p's me off!!!! WTH???

*EDIT*
I just emailed them about it.

Fox
08-18-2009, 10:47 AM
All-Blues are my favorite, but I like the all-red and all-white combo's too.

Marcus
08-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I think the red jersey with white pants would be real cool looking.

But those red ketchup bottles look stupid. Something you'd see in high school.

And if you're a high schooler, get over it.

tedr
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Put me down for White on White on the road, and either Blue or Red on White at home. I can do without the Blue on Blue, Red on Red, and White on Blue.

TexansFight
08-18-2009, 11:50 AM
My least favorite are the all blues. Having the same color jersey and pants is kind of high school IMO. Does anyone have a picture of us wearing the red jerseys with white pants. That was really cool. The only thing going the ketchup bottle is that we have played really well wearing them so if they keep it up I am fine with it.

YellerLotYeller
08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
This thread is just fabulous!

Vinny
08-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm another that doesn't like the red on red with the blue hat. I also don't understand why we have to wear white at home early in the year before winter. Supposedly it's because white is cooler, but we have a roof policy that closes the roof if it's even lukewarm. Don't really understand that one.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm another that doesn't like the red on red with the blue hat. I also don't understand why we have to wear white at home early in the year before winter. Supposedly it's because white is cooler, but we have a roof policy that closes the roof if it's even lukewarm. Don't really understand that one.

Which brings me to the Saturday night game. HT.com has announced the roof will be closed. It's a night game, why not open the roof?

Thorn
08-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Thorn rates the uniforms:

1. Blue top, white bottom
2. All white
3. All blue
4. White top, blue bottom (boring)
5. All red (should be red top, white bottom)

If you disagree with me, you are obviously wrong. LOL

HOU-TEX
08-18-2009, 12:50 PM

Yes, it's just precious. TB can now adjust his outfit accordingly.

spurstexanstros
08-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Dude, I'm with you. I hate the ketchup bottles. I can't imagine how it was decided those things looked suitable for public consumption.

I freaking love the all Battle Red.....I think it should be our regular jersies. the whole team and stadium colored Battle Red ...intimidating.

Hervoyel
08-18-2009, 01:07 PM
If I owned this team red/red wouldn't exist. We'd wear our home jerseys when we were at home and our away jerseys when we were away (unless the home team dictated othewise).

We'd always wear the opposite color pants (blue/white, white/blue).

Twice a year we'd wear our Battle Red jerseys at home and if we played in prime time that would be when we'd do it at least once. I'd save one of the days though for a Sunday game.

We'd wear those red jerseys with either blue or white pants but never red. It does not look good in my opinion.

Finally the jersey, colors, and logo we have right now would be the only ones any of you would ever get to see because the Texans would stay unchanged in appearance for as long as I lived. I hate it when teams tweak their looks all the time. Changes if necessary should be subtle. There should rarely be any need to change anything. That's how you get a classic look like the Steelers or Packers have. That would be my goal with the Texans.

Specnatz
08-18-2009, 01:19 PM

It has been fixed.

GuerillaBlack
08-18-2009, 01:22 PM
My thoughts exactly. I wish we would wear the white/white on the road, it looks old school and classy. I do like the red/red though. On Madden 10 you can mix up the jersey combos down to the socks and shoes, its pretty cool. OK, that's my fashion take for the year. :cool:

Yeah, I usually do the White on White on Madden. Looks the best.

nero THE zero
08-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Me too, I wish they'd make that the standard uni.

awtysst
08-18-2009, 01:34 PM

Here you go. You were missing a little something.

http://pageslap.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/richard_simmons.jpg

barrett
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM
My standard Uni post is something like this:

We're a young franchise. We need to form an identity. Consistency is key. We wear Liberty White over Steel Blue the most. We should stick to that at home and for the majority of road games where the home team wears dark jerseys. This will ensure that we wear that combination the majority of the time. Our Steel Blue over Liberty White combo can be the alternate jersey when the home team wears white (dallas, etc.) and that should help form a visual brand to the Texans name. Battle Red over LIberty White combo for special games ONCE A YEAR.

Go Texans.

Dan B.
08-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I like the red because other Houston teams have red as a primary color. I like the idea of consistency across teams. IMO, the coolest thing going for Pittsburgh's teams is they all wear black and gold. I also think that our standard uni's look generic. There are fewer teams wearing red than there are wearing blue and white.

Texecutioner
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM

I don't see how ANYONE could argue that the red on red combination isn't by far the best uni's the Texas have ever had. I love the red on red. Red is power, and it makes them look more intimidating. I hate the white jerseys. They are so freaking boring. The Blue over the white pants has always reminded me of the Broncos when they wear those jerseys.

REd on Red baby!

Battle Red should be every Sunday!:texflag:

Carr Bombed
08-18-2009, 01:53 PM
I love the red on red as well, my favorite uni's. Who gives a crap what Tony K. has to say. (which is a reason why I think some people knock them so much.)

Ryan
08-18-2009, 01:56 PM
i like the red on red...we play awesomely with it.

Vinny
08-18-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't see how ANYONE could argue that the red on red combination isn't by far the best uni's the Texas have ever had. I think they look high schoolish....besides, I'm red/green color blind.

brakos82
08-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I like the blue/blue the best, but the red/red is the better of the red combos. Although kinda wish we'd wear the red/white against the Jags.

I'm neutral, leaning towards against the white/white combo though.

Jackie Chiles
08-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Red/White for me any day although I do like the Red/Red.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
They could wear pink with purple polka dots for all I care, just as long as we win.

That would certainly convert Flaming Sparrow to become a Texans fan. :worm:

Texan_Bill
08-18-2009, 03:03 PM

YES!! That freakin' p's me off!!!! WTH???

*EDIT*
I just emailed them about it.

They fixed it.... But that was bad. Real bad!!!

Brisco_County
08-18-2009, 03:49 PM

Jumbo Jacks don't come with ketchup. Duh!

I think we should stick with calling the uni's by their names. Steel Blue, Battle Red, and Liberty White.

Totally agree. The Texans represent the Texas spirit of independence, which is composed of strength, courage, and liberty. As opposed to the Dallas urban cowboy spirit, which is composed of rogue degenerates, rhinestones, and cocaine.

I had an idea for a team that would have red tops and argyle pants. Since that would look kind of British, they would be called the Redcoats, and they'd be in the AFC East so they could be the arch rivals of the Patriots.

Good thing I'm not an NFL commissioner.

Finally the jersey, colors, and logo we have right now would be the only ones any of you would ever get to see because the Texans would stay unchanged in appearance for as long as I lived. I hate it when teams tweak their looks all the time. Changes if necessary should be subtle. There should rarely be any need to change anything. That's how you get a classic look like the Steelers or Packers have. That would be my goal with the Texans.

I still hate the Astros' red uniforms, because the Navy/Orange/Yellow jerseys of the 80's were the most attractive and characteristic in their history.

I don't see how ANYONE could argue that the red on red combination isn't by far the best uni's the Texas have ever had. I love the red on red. Red is power, and it makes them look more intimidating.

Unless the opponents have giggle fits because the Texans look like they're in unitards and helmets.

Specnatz
08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
It has been fixed.

They fixed it.... But that was bad. Real bad!!!

:thinking:

Texan_Bill
08-18-2009, 05:03 PM
:thinking:

Dude, I've ignored you for years. :specnatz:

Big Poundcake
08-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I love the battle red uniforms.

Specnatz
08-18-2009, 05:53 PM

Hence why I am the invisible poster. So when is your other self getting here?

thunderkyss
08-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Ya I love the red on red,

White on White is Alright.

I hate the red on red.

I love the white on white...

Go figure..

Double Barrel
08-18-2009, 06:09 PM
absolutely.

Signed,
Dom Capers - 1st home game of the 2005 season vs. Pittsburgh.

lol! yeah, especially when the VISITING team brings cooled benches and our dumbass coaches had our players sitting on metal benches being warmed up by the sun.

If I owned this team red/red wouldn't exist. We'd wear our home jerseys when we were at home and our away jerseys when we were away (unless the home team dictated othewise).

We'd always wear the opposite color pants (blue/white, white/blue).

Twice a year we'd wear our Battle Red jerseys at home and if we played in prime time that would be when we'd do it at least once. I'd save one of the days though for a Sunday game.

We'd wear those red jerseys with either blue or white pants but never red. It does not look good in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly. But, we're old school, and the ADD-fan does not find our old ways to be exciting these days.

All red looks like used feminine hygiene products to me. Sorry to be gross, ladies of the board, but it's the first thing that comes to mind when I see FOOTBALL players decked out in all red unis. I really hate the look and reminds me that money is what so much of this is about. Put white fluff on their ankles and wrists and call them Santa Claus. It just looks cheerleaderish, IMO.

Malloy
08-18-2009, 06:28 PM

A local team where I grew up called themselves Herlev Rebels, they were going with white helmets with pink lingerie painted on them. Unfortunately their local sponsor objected and they went with something else... boring :)

disaacks3
08-18-2009, 06:53 PM

2. All white
3. All blue

Dan rates the uniforms: (better than Thorn!)

1. Red Top Blue Bottom - hasn't been done yet, but it'd be kickin'
2. All Blue
3. All Red
4. Blue Top, White Bottom
5. White Top, Blue Bottom
6. Red Top, White Bottom
7. Blue Top, Red Bottom - another hasn't been done yet
8. All White

If you disagree with me, you are obviously Thorn. :texflag:

brakos82
08-18-2009, 07:00 PM

2. All white
3. All blue

Dan rates the uniforms: (better than Thorn!)

1. Red Top Blue Bottom - hasn't been done yet, but it'd be kickin'
2. All Blue
3. All Red
4. Blue Top, White Bottom
5. White Top, Blue Bottom
6. Red Top, White Bottom
7. Blue Top, Red Bottom - another hasn't been done yet
8. All White

If you disagree with me, you are obviously Thorn. :texflag:

Brakos rates the uniforms: (better than Dan, but worse than Thorn)

1. Blue/Blue
2. Red/Red
3. White/Red (sounds good in theory)
4. Red/White
5. Blue/White
6. White/Blue (I think I'm just tired of it)
7. White/White

If you disagree with me, you are obviously not Thorn, and wrong. LOL :texflag:

ObsiWan
08-18-2009, 07:03 PM

I don't remember them in blue/blue....

ObsiWan
08-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Which brings me to the Saturday night game. HT.com has announced the roof will be closed. It's a night game, why not open the roof?

anyone else think that having two hurricane prone cities play during hurricane season is asking for it?
:hides:

brakos82
08-18-2009, 07:07 PM
anyone else think that having two hurricane prone cities play during hurricane season is asking for it?
:hides:
So that's why we play Miami in December...

Thorn
08-18-2009, 07:12 PM
There needs to be some discipline in this thread. :whip:

m5kwatts
08-18-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't remember them in blue/blue....

Rosencopter game. Not that the duds had anything to do with that.

Speedy
08-18-2009, 10:48 PM
We're on the eve of the most anticipated season since 2002 and we're talking about fashion???? Still???

Ok, here's my take;

again;

The Texans have WAAAAAAY too much going on with their unis. There's too many combinations. They have no identity. It will be 3 years in a row now where our national exposure game shows the team in red. The rest of the world thinks we where red. Not that I give a crap what everyone else thinks, but still.

When highlights are shown from the rest of the season, nobody ever notices the Texans 'cause they aren't in red. You don't have that happen with the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc. You KNOW it's the Steelers because they're ALWAYS in black and gold at home, white and gold on the road. That's it!! Except for throwback day of course.

With the Texans it's a potpourri of combinations. Who are we? Let's get a freaking identity. Blue tops/white bottoms at home, white tops/blue bottoms on the road. That's it!! Have red once a year. I don't even have a problem with the all white opener, but geez, let's tune the fashion show down a little. There's only 10 home games and they've got 15 freaking combinations they gotta squeeze in there.

It's football not a fashion show!!!

SheTexan
08-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Just give me a football game!! They can show up in their jock straps for all I care! Hummmmm, might be interesting!!:scarygirl::shetexan:

Specnatz
08-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Just give me a football game!! They can show up in their jock straps for all I care! Hummmmm, might be interesting!!:scarygirl::shetexan:

OK that is just not right what so ever. I have already seen a pic of Stubbard without a shirt and that was more than I wanted to see.

ObsiWan
08-19-2009, 12:18 AM
OK that is just not right what so ever. I have already seen a pic of Stubbard without a shirt and that was more than I wanted to see.
ugh! just the thought of Travis Johnson or Cody or Okam sans shirt makes me reach for the Tums

must think Cheerleaders to purge that image from my brain

barrett
08-19-2009, 04:01 AM

Perhaps the best post ever?

Texan_Bill
08-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Received this:

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans! We appreciate your feedback regarding our website and we corrected the issue. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you and have a great day!

GO TEXANS!

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:47 AM
To: Fan Feedback-HOU
Subject: Houston Texans 2009 Uniform Combinations

Will you please fix the ”Houston Texans 2009 Uniform Combinations” portion of the website?

It shows a Titans helmet in our away game against St. Louis. That’s unacceptable.

Thanks,

Bill

Mean Machine
08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
I like all our uniform combinations.
Liberty White Kickoff-white on white
Battle Red Day-red on red
Deep Steel Blue Day-blue on blue

Go Texans!!!

Double Barrel
08-19-2009, 12:51 PM
We're on the eve of the most anticipated season since 2002 and we're talking about fashion???? Still???

Ok, here's my take;

again;

The Texans have WAAAAAAY too much going on with their unis. There's too many combinations. They have no identity. It will be 3 years in a row now where our national exposure game shows the team in red. The rest of the world thinks we where red. Not that I give a crap what everyone else thinks, but still.

When highlights are shown from the rest of the season, nobody ever notices the Texans 'cause they aren't in red. You don't have that happen with the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc. You KNOW it's the Steelers because they're ALWAYS in black and gold at home, white and gold on the road. That's it!! Except for throwback day of course.

With the Texans it's a potpourri of combinations. Who are we? Let's get a freaking identity. Blue tops/white bottoms at home, white tops/blue bottoms on the road. That's it!! Have red once a year. I don't even have a problem with the all white opener, but geez, let's tune the fashion show down a little. There's only 10 home games and they've got 15 freaking combinations they gotta squeeze in there.

It's football not a fashion show!!!

Props. Must spread rep yada yada yada...

The 6 different uni combos for 8 home games just serves to remind me how much the marketing department is involved with operations for this team.

Old school football fans tend to want TRADITION, like dark jerseys at home, light jerseys on the road. The only reason we have battle red is the throwback jersey trend which has been created as a revenue stream (i.e. taking fan money and streaming it to the team's and NFL's bank accounts).

I will only wear my dark jersey to home games now. I don't care what the team is wearing. I've got my home jersey. I'll leave color coordinating to Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

hobie
08-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Props. Must spread rep yada yada yada...

The 6 different uni combos for 8 home games just serves to remind me how much the marketing department is involved with operations for this team.

Old school football fans tend to want TRADITION, like dark jerseys at home, light jerseys on the road. The only reason we have battle red is the throwback jersey trend which has been created as a revenue stream (i.e. taking fan money and streaming it to the team's and NFL's bank accounts).

I will only wear my dark jersey to home games now. I don't care what the team is wearing. I've got my home jersey. I'll leave color coordinating to Straight Eye for the Queer Guy.

There, I think that's what you wanted to say. Hey TB, what's your opinion?

Texan_Bill
08-19-2009, 01:31 PM
There, I think that's what you wanted to say. Hey TB, what's your opinion?

:foottap:

DutchTexan
08-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Imho White / Blue en Blue / White are the best combinations. Don't like the red outfits that much.

MeLoveTexans
08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
I think all the current uni combinations look awesome... Now if they ever combine blue pants w/ red jersey or vice versa that would be fugly

JBIITEXANS
08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't like wearing white tops at home, unless the Texans officially make that their home color like the Redskins and Cowboys and Dolphins do.

And red on red is flat disgusting. Ax the red pants and go with white. Red tops with white pants is the way to go.

Brando
08-21-2009, 01:31 PM
I like all our uniform combinations.
Liberty White Kickoff-white on white
Battle Red Day-red on red
Deep Steel Blue Day-blue on blue

Go Texans!!!

:goodpost:

Just give me Houston Texans football!

OrangeLotPole8
08-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Red on red rocks! I love the white on white as well! The white tops and blue pants can't be more boring!

worldlyman
08-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I've got a degree in graphic design. And for a good NFL look, it's all about the balance of colors, the distribution (unless it was the Fouts-era San Diego Chargers which looked interesting despite the lack of).

And I've got to say that I like the variety of combinations the Texans have as far as uniforms.

These aren't the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys or Browns who keep a basic look. Not all teams have to follow "tradition" just because they do.

But the variety of uniform combos has to be the right one.

White on white: Not the most exciting but for "Liberty White" Day, OK.

White on blue: The standard for early home and usual away games.
Blue helmets, white shirts and blue pants. Red numbers, blue stripes on the jerseys. Yes. Thank God they did away with those red socks. Distracting in a bad way.

Blue on blue: Really, really dense but OK for "Deep Steel Blue" Day.

Blue on white: The standard for late home games and certain road games when opposing home teams choose to wear white.

Red on red: No good. Tony Kornheiser was incorrect when he said they look like "ketchup bottles." Try Fanta Strawberry Soda bottles. Or Revlon Shampoo. Blue helmets on totally red outfits...bad balance.

Red on blue: A look the Texans have never tried yet certainly more balanced than red on red. But that's not an NFL look.

Red on white: Now that's a great way to utilize the red jerseys for "Battle Red" Day. Good, clean but exciting when red is to be worn.

Now if the Tennessee Titans can make their helmets blue if they insist on dark blue pants...otherwise they look much, much better with the Columbia Blue pants with white shirts but that's another thread.

Hookem Horns
08-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Red on blue: A look the Texans have never tried yet certainly more balanced than red on red. But that's not an NFL look.

The red on red is not an NFL look either and I agree with your point that it is not balanced. Actually pretty hideous. I like the red jerseys however with the red pants they are overkill. I think they look good with the white pants however I they may not look that bad with the blue pants either.

Of course like everything you have to see it to really know.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7910/alternate.jpg

Wolf
08-23-2009, 08:12 PM
with a poll 23 said red on red and next in line 14 votes ....white pants blue jersey and then with 13 votes blue pants/ red jersey
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=888

Hookem Horns
08-23-2009, 08:18 PM
with a poll 23 said red on red and next in line 14 votes ....white pants blue jersey and then with 13 votes blue pants/ red jersey
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=888

I think the results might be different if you actually posted a picture of all the combinations. That red on red is hideous IMO.

Wolf
08-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I think the results might be different if you actually posted a picture of all the combinations. That red on red is hideous IMO.

true, I had a post somewhere that showed the game day photos, and I am still searching for where I put that

I like the red tops /white bottoms.

not fond of the ketchup look

Texaninlild
08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Where was pink on pink from last night?

DutchTexan
08-24-2009, 12:55 AM
not fond of the ketchup look

The Houston Heinz' ain't that bad ;)

worldlyman
08-24-2009, 11:45 AM
The red on red is not an NFL look either and I agree with your point that it is not balanced. Actually pretty hideous. I like the red jerseys however with the red pants they are overkill. I think they look good with the white pants however I they may not look that bad with the blue pants either.

Of course like everything you have to see it to really know.

I agree. The red on red is hideous. Now that you show it, red on blue is actually a cool look but more "Arena League."

thunderkyss
08-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Can't play football....

we might as well accessorize well.

False Start
08-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Ive tried that look on Madden 10, its not bad IMO. I also like the white tops with the red pants, it looks alright.