is it cajun or creole?

Lets get this party started

HouSportsWriter
08-16-2009, 04:59 PM
joe where at in spring u live northampton here

btw do you have any pictures of the blue crue i would love to see some pictures

TxDavid
08-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Took the grill for a test run today and it's ready to go. Going to be bringing some box fans. If anyone has access to a Port-A-Cool we could probably use it. I'm sure it's gonna be a scorcher out there.

Joe Texan
08-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I live at louetta and I 45

What is a box fan, new name for aints fans

oh wait I get it

DiapHer
08-16-2009, 10:25 PM
btw do you have any pictures of the blue crue i would love to see some pictures

Go here http://www.texansbullpen.com/ and look at the photo pages, then click on a game.. then click on "FANS" most of those are from the Blue Crew tailgating experience that takes place in "Platnium Lot" the with a few exceptions :diapher:

Yankee_In_TX
08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Taking a roll call of my gang then we'll figure menu. Maybe slim due to people being out of town and us in the process of moving.

Honoring Earl 34
08-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Taking a roll call of my gang then we'll figure menu. Maybe slim due to people being out of town and us in the process of moving.

Ice Cream and beer ?

Spiked Sno Cones ?

Tedc
08-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I may have to miss my first preseason game.

Injured reserve sucks!

Yankee_In_TX
08-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Ice Cream and beer ?

Spiked Sno Cones ?

Last year we always did (well, tried to) themed cooking. We'll see this year :)

Honoring Earl 34
08-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Last year we always did (well, tried to) themed cooking. We'll see this year :)

Gumbo when it's 100 degrees , I'll sweat like Bill at an Obama convention .

disaacks3
08-18-2009, 02:22 PM

Injured reserve sucks! Uh oh, what did you do to yourself THIS time?? :thinking:

Texan_Bill
08-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Gumbo when it's 100 degrees , I'll sweat like Bill at an Obama convention .

No doubt. With all those long haired freaky people, I would be nervous. :wild:

I know were not doing anything special. It's just gonna be too damn hot to stand over a grill. Besides that, with my new diet, there's only so much you can do with tofu... :gun:

Honoring Earl 34
08-18-2009, 03:04 PM
No doubt. With all those long haired freaky people, I would be nervous. :wild:

I know were not doing anything special. It's just gonna be too damn hot to stand over a grill. Besides that, with my new diet, there's only so much you can do with tofu... :gun:

Tofu with with stewed okra and peppers .

Texan_Bill
08-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Tofu with with stewed okra and peppers .

Ugh.... I just threw up in mouth, a little.

Honoring Earl 34
08-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Ugh.... I just threw up in mouth, a little.

Cajun tofu po boy with file' faux roux gumbo .

Texan_Bill
08-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Cajun tofu po boy with file' faux roux gumbo .

Bobby Bacala: "Earl, you go too far".

Honoring Earl 34
08-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Bobby Bacala: "Earl, you go too far".

What ... it's about the spicing . For the gumbo you don't use a real roux ( not authentic but cuts out the fat ) or the fatty sausage . It will still taste good .

SheTexan
08-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I gotta check the weather first. Got sick last year at our first preseason game, partly due to the heat. WILL NOT happen this year! No more rides out of Reliant in an ambulance for me!! I'll be there, just might be late. Gotta come by and see all my friends!!! I have missed everyone this off season!!!

NitroGSXR
08-18-2009, 04:28 PM

Injured reserve sucks!

I'll carry you to your seats if that's what it'll take.

Actually, if you call guest services... they will accommodate and help you get to your seats. My ma did that once. Neck surgery.

TxDavid
08-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Change of plans. I won't be there for the tailgate. See everyone after the game.

disaacks3
08-21-2009, 10:51 AM
OK. with THAT update in place...who WILL be there tomorrow? Also, I'm trying to check on who will have grill space. (otherwise I'm gonna be mooch-a-matic)

ROLL CALL!!! :texflag:

Yankee_In_TX
08-21-2009, 12:39 PM
OK. with THAT update in place...who WILL be there tomorrow? Also, I'm trying to check on who will have grill space. (otherwise I'm gonna be mooch-a-matic)

Crap - due to Adam and Stef moving to Brenham, we won't have a grill Saturday, either.

Errrr - anyone?!?!?!

GlassHalfFull
08-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Crap - due to Adam and Stef moving to Brenham, we won't have a grill Saturday, either.

Errrr - anyone?!?!?!

I was thinking about bringing our camp stove and making red beans and rice.

disaacks3
08-21-2009, 02:04 PM
I was thinking about bringing our camp stove and making red beans and rice.

This is beginning to sound like a Katrina / Rita evacuee party rather than a tailgate... :foottap:

Honoring Earl 34
08-21-2009, 02:49 PM

Errrr - anyone?!?!?!

Errr ... that's not good .

Texan_Bill
08-21-2009, 05:06 PM
See everyone in about 21 +/- hours. :fans:

SheTexan
08-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Why was my post deleted??!:foottap:

Second try! I'll be there, but, not at 2pm, IF it's HOT outside. Wouldn't miss seeing all you guys and gals for anything! IF it's not blistering hot outside I'll bring my coleman and a pot of gumbo, not homemade! lol I have to work tonight so gotta get my beauty rest in the morning!!

See ya all tomorrow!!
Gma

Yankee_In_TX
08-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Can we bum grill space from Bill or Dean?

FILO_girl
08-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Got the macaroni salad made and the Sweet Tea chicken is getting very happy in the marinade, just waiting to be put on our new grill under the new canopies.

Whoops, sorry...that will be in Orange Lot, along with the Texans tea. :chickendance:

Carry on....go Orange Lot...

BullPenPhotos
08-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Can we bum grill space from Bill or Dean?

Our pit should be there...Dean won't be but we will have a substitute griller...
I am sure you can borrow part of it...

GlassHalfFull
08-22-2009, 08:56 AM

Will we be meeting Little Disaacks?

Yankee_In_TX
08-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Our pit should be there...Dean won't be but we will have a substitute griller...
I am sure you can borrow part of it...

Wow, sounds like a bunch of peeps are going to be absentee!

disaacks3
08-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Will we be meeting Little Disaacks?

Kayla won't be making a trip to the game just yet. We're leaving her with the regular sitter (I'm trying to talk her into putting the game on!), but will will bring some pics w/ us!

It does sound like it'll be kind of wimpy here for the 1st pre-season game, but with Ted, Wendy, myself (& God knows who else on IR) - we'll just keep trying to get everyone ready for the regular season. :texflag:

SheTexan
08-22-2009, 02:32 PM
That's my goal Dan, regular season! Just can't push it to much this early in the season! NOT gettin any younger, and my old body tells me that each and every day!

Sounds like the Blue Crew needs CNNND!!:ouch:

Sitting at this computer rather than being with my buddy's on the Platinum, really sucks!! See you guys/gals in a couple hours though! Hold down the canopies, gma will be there soon!

Texecutioner
08-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I just got some free tickets, so I'll be looking out for you guys. It might be hard to find since I don't know where y'all normally post up. Is Gary going?? I can always spot Andrea's bright hair from far away or Joe Texan's hat.

gary
08-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I just got some free tickets, so I'll be looking out for you guys. It might be hard to find since I don't know where y'all normally post up. Is Gary going?? I can always spot Andrea's bright hair from far away or Joe Texan's hat.Not this time Tex.

Texecutioner
08-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Not this time Tex.

Ah man. I don't know what time I'll get there really, so it's hard to say how much time I'll have to tailgate. But I was hoping to see you there. Oh well, maybe next time bud.

gary
08-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Ah man. I don't know what time I'll get there really, so it's hard to say how much time I'll have to tailgate. But I was hoping to see you there. Oh well, maybe next time bud.Try to score tickets to the Jets game man I'll be there.

Showtime100
08-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Does anyone have a laptop there? I'm so jealous.

Hey! New stuff. :turtle: :ant: I'm so easily amused.

Tedc
08-23-2009, 05:04 AM
I missed you guys so much last night. Every time I spotted Dr2beKay, Lil Red, Yankee, Papa Troll, Leatherhead, Big Tex and his wonderful wife, Joe Texan, Bobblehead, Kat and her friends, and even Texan Bill, I wanted to jump through the screen into the Bull Pen.

By the way, Kay, you may want to be careful of fondling Bill's balls in public. You never know when the camera is on your pretty face.

The camera seems to add 10 pounds to Bill's balls.:tedc::tedc::tedc:

Only one more preseason game to miss........hopefully. ;(

gary
08-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Who was all at the tailgate outside?

SheTexan
08-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Missed you too Ted! It sure was good seeing all the "crew" together once again. Kat and Katie took care of everyone!

A little on the HOT side for me, so, I didn't last very long outside. I feel much better today also, not so tired. Cool weather can't get here soon enough, but, looks like I might have a LONG wait! Oh well, such is life in South Texas!!

gary
08-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Again, who showed up at the tailgate before and after the game?

SheTexan
08-23-2009, 05:21 PM

Mostly the same Blue Crew folks, plus some visitors. If I named everyone, I would leave someone out and they would get their feelings hurt! lol Just think of the regular crew Gary, and you'll know who was there. MISS YOU!! You, Mom, and Auntie need to criuse on over!!

NitroGSXR
08-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I checked them out for a few minutes before the game. Met HonoringEarl34, JoeTexan, Yankee and his wife, a guy who I think called himself leatherhead? (what's his SN here?), and a few 'others'. The 'others' I could not understand their names. Some of y'all are hard to lipread!

Joe Texan was very gracious and offered me food and drinks from his tailgate.

Again, was only there for a few minutes. I just wanted to wander the tailgates around the lots more than anything else. I came armed with a camera. Next week me and the wife will most likely spend some time in the blue crew and try to strike up some conversation. We'll bring our trusty pen and paper for the 'others' that are difficult to lipread.

Looks like a good bunch albeit a small group. I was expecting a much much larger tailgate but preseason...

Thanks guys!

Texecutioner
08-23-2009, 05:52 PM
That was by far my worst experience going to any Texans game ever. THere was so much freaking traffic that we didn't even get there until 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Just about every game I go to I'm so used to have the parking pass and I guess we're usually arriving a little earlier to tailgate where we slide into the blue lot very easily. I didn't have any of that this time and had to park way the hell in the back behind some purple lot. I took forever, and we literally jogged to the stadium to hurry up and get there.

That won't ever happen again as I'll be leaving at least two hours early from now on no matter what the situation is.

NitroGSXR
08-23-2009, 06:39 PM
That was by far my worst experience going to any Texans game ever. THere was so much freaking traffic that we didn't even get there until 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Just about every game I go to I'm so used to have the parking pass and I guess we're usually arriving a little earlier to tailgate where we slide into the blue lot very easily. I didn't have any of that this time and had to park way the hell in the back behind some purple lot. I took forever, and we literally jogged to the stadium to hurry up and get there.

That won't ever happen again as I'll be leaving at least two hours early from now on no matter what the situation is.
What's this got to do with the Blue Crew tailgate though? Are you a Blue Crew tailgate member?

Lauren
08-23-2009, 07:31 PM

Maybe show up earlier? Maybe spring for a parking pass? We park in purple now, so I'm guessing that you just tried to pay for some BS on the side of the road. How is that the fault of the Texans or the BC tailgaters?

gary
08-23-2009, 07:39 PM
It does not look like Tex is blaming anyone to me. I think he was just venting here and saying that he'll never do it again. No one is to blame. Calm down everything is cool.

Specnatz
08-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Maybe show up earlier? Maybe spring for a parking pass? We park in purple now, so I'm guessing that you just tried to pay for some BS on the side of the road. How is that the fault of the Texans or the BC tailgaters?

I hope he is just venting, because I can guaran-DAMN-tee it was not the fault of the BC tailgating. I have been there and with my travel everyone has been more than gracious. I can not begin to repay the hospitality I have gotten. Anyone who talks bad about the BC is just plain full of ****.

Tedc
08-23-2009, 09:13 PM

I know you are just venting.

Why don't you come a lot earlier, at least two hours before and come by our tailgate as our guest and meet some faces to some of the names here. We would love to meet you and will love to show you a good time.

Vinny
08-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Why was my post deleted??!:foottap:

Second try! I'll be there, but, not at 2pm, IF it's HOT outside. Wouldn't miss seeing all you guys and gals for anything! IF it's not blistering hot outside I'll bring my coleman and a pot of gumbo, not homemade! lol I have to work tonight so gotta get my beauty rest in the morning!!

See ya all tomorrow!!
Gma
I don't see any deleted posts Sandy, so there may have been a server or isp snafu.

Yankee_In_TX
08-24-2009, 02:36 PM
WTH did Manuel get that drink?

http://www.texansbullpen.com/09photogallery/Preseason/2009-08-22-Saints-Texans/Fans/DSC_0035.JPG

Also, great pic!

http://www.texansbullpen.com/09photogallery/Preseason/2009-08-22-Saints-Texans/Fans/DSC_0010.JPG