PDA

View Full Version : I need Cato June feedback

badboy
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
IMO, linebackers are pretty much set for regular season barring injury. Cushing, Ryans, Diles, Adibi and Bentley are the 5 leading candidates. Buster Davis a 5'9" 239 lbs MLB, Chaun Thompson (who I think many have already cut) and June are in the running.

TexansChick had an interesting thought on why the former Tampa Bay players were signed. "best available free agents or a hint of new things to come.." http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/04/what_the_texans_linebacker_sig.html

Cato June is out for Saturday per today's Chronicle due to knee injury. Please offer feedback on your perception of his chances of making the team and how many linebackers Texans will keep.

TEXANS84
08-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm sure we'll only see Cato on the field in 3rd down situations. He's great in a tampa 2 defense, horrible against the run.

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
IMO, linebackers are pretty much set for regular season barring injury. Cushing, Ryans, Diles, Adibi and Bentley are the 5 leading candidates. Buster Davis a 5'9" 239 lbs MLB, Chaun Thompson (who I think many have already cut) and June are in the running.

TexansChick had an interesting thought on why the former Tampa Bay players were signed. "best available free agents or a hint of new things to come.." http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/04/what_the_texans_linebacker_sig.html

Cato June is out for Saturday per today's Chronicle due to knee injury. Please offer feedback on your perception of his chances of making the team and how many linebackers Texans will keep.

From everything I've heard, Chaun Thompson has been having a really good camp so far.

And from everything I've heard, Cato June probably isn't going to make the team. I expect us to keep Ryans, Adibi, Cushing, Diles, Bentley, and Thompson. I expect June to get cut. However, they were saying that one of the UDFA's has been having a good camp as well and he's supposedly a beast in coverage; he was one-on-one on Andre Davis and broke up a pass. (That brings up the question, wtf defense were they in that a LB ended up one on one with AD.)

Austrian
08-14-2009, 10:54 AM
From everything I've heard, Chaun Thompson has been having a really good camp so far.

And from everything I've heard, Cato June probably isn't going to make the team. I expect us to keep Ryans, Adibi, Cushing, Diles, Bentley, and Thompson. I expect June to get cut. However, they were saying that one of the UDFA's has been having a good camp as well and he's supposedly a beast in coverage; he was one-on-one on Andre Davis and broke up a pass. (That brings up the question, wtf defense were they in that a LB ended up one on one with AD.)

Yeah, Toddrick Verdell from Forida State. He was the Seminoles' WLB and started all but one games in his senior season, but only saw limited action before that. He still seems to be raw, but he is a great athlete.

Porky
08-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, Toddrick Verdell from Forida State. He was the Seminoles' WLB and started all but one games in his senior season, but only saw limited action before that. He still seems to be raw, but he is a great athlete.

Major practice squad candidate. We have really turned around the depth at LB. A couple of years ago, June would have been a sure starter on this team. Now he is in danger of being cut. I personally think it's neck and neck between him and Thompson at this point. The games themselves will shake things out, and if Thompson has a good game he'll have a leg up because June is out this week. Buster Davis, June and Thompson all have places in the NFL and 2 of those 3 will likely be cut. I just think think that speaks to the depth the Texans have acquired at the LB position.

Texan4Ever
08-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Cato June is a good player and should be allowed the chance to play a few games as a relief OLB. Not to mention, he's played for some good teams (Colts, Bucs) so he help out guys like Adibi and Cushing.

badboy
08-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Cato June is a good player and should be allowed the chance to play a few games as a relief OLB. Not to mention, he's played for some good teams (Colts, Bucs) so he help out guys like Adibi and Cushing.I have June and Thompson even up so far, but admit I have minimal info to base it on. I thought Chaun would have a pretty solid 08 season but I saw little of him on field and he had minimal tackles. June does bring experience and could help with newer guys. I think Thompson at 6'2" and 243 and June at 6' 229 play a bit differently. Not sure which would be the better option as a back up. I've never seen Buster Davis play.