PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Broadcast v. Cowboys

m5kwatts
08-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Just watched the Raiders broadcast on NFLN Replay of their preseason game vs. the Cowboys... to lead off the broadcast they mentioned the Texans home win as the big highlight leading to a promising season this year for the Raiders..after that their commentators mentioned the Texans win a few other times... very interesting because I thought our loss there was predictable considering the emotional high of beating the Titans the week before. I just thought it was really funny that their big battle cry is "we beat the Texans at home last year so believe in 2009." Can't wait for the Raiders game this year, I think we'll blow them out of the building.

valleytexfan
08-14-2009, 03:09 AM
here, here. :d:

Kulluminatii
08-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Doubt it will be a blow out, but it'll be one interesting game:shades:.

GuerillaBlack
08-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Just watched the Raiders broadcast on NFLN Replay of their preseason game vs. the Cowboys... to lead off the broadcast they mentioned the Texans home win as the big highlight leading to a promising season this year for the Raiders..after that their commentators mentioned the Texans win a few other times... very interesting because I thought our loss there was predictable considering the emotional high of beating the Titans the week before. I just thought it was really funny that their big battle cry is "we beat the Texans at home last year so believe in 2009." Can't wait for the Raiders game this year, I think we'll blow them out of the building.

I feel respected.

HOU-TEX
08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I think the Raiders have plenty of talent sprinkled throughout their roster. I just think they're lacking a decent QB and coaching. Can Cable corral the talent and put it on the field?

I've always thought Russell was a joke for a QB and I expect Garcia to take over pretty quick.

jaayteetx
08-14-2009, 10:49 AM
McFadden is a beast, we stop him we'll be alright.

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2009, 11:21 AM
I think the Raiders could be one of those surprise teams. They finished strong and they've got a good running game. And at least two of the other teams in their division could be in shambles.

And besides, they've got Seth Wand now. How can they lose?

Specnatz
08-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I think the Raiders could be one of those surprise teams. They finished strong and they've got a good running game. And at least two of the other teams in their division could be in shambles.

And besides, they've got Seth Wand now. How can they lose?

They have a running game but not much else. The fat guy they have at QB throws a lowsy deep ball because the WR have to stop and wait for it. Stop the run and it should be an easy win.

m5kwatts
08-14-2009, 01:56 PM
They have tough O & D lines but finesse is not a word that Raiders team understands. Every yard they get is a struggle, big plays are rare. Its not the kind of offense that can win at Reliant. They're becoming a good home team I think, kind of like the 07 Texans and their next step is becoming a good road team and they're not there yet.

Hervoyel
08-14-2009, 02:06 PM
I think the Raiders are over .500 this year. They've been bad a long, long time and even when you're run by a lunatic mummy you're bound to get a few picks right in the draft. They've got talent and Russell appears to finally be getting it. They're going to beat some people this year who don't expect. I sure hope we aren't one of those teams.

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2009, 02:41 PM
They have a running game but not much else. The fat guy they have at QB throws a lowsy deep ball because the WR have to stop and wait for it. Stop the run and it should be an easy win.

I'm not convinced Russell ends up as the QB for this team.

m5kwatts
08-14-2009, 02:52 PM
I think the Raiders are over .500 this year. They've been bad a long, long time and even when you're run by a lunatic mummy you're bound to get a few picks right in the draft. They've got talent and Russell appears to finally be getting it. They're going to beat some people this year who don't expect. I sure hope we aren't one of those teams.

They're definitely improved from years ago but its still going to be a steep climb for them. They'll get wins because they get to play the Broncos and Chiefs twice but they also have the NFC east and AFC north to worry about. Their defense will have to win a lot of games and score TDs if they're going to be over .500.

Vinny
08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Doubt it will be a blow out, but it'll be one interesting game:shades:. I don't even pay attention to the score in preseason. Good teams look bad, bad teams look good, sometimes good teams look good...how I look at it is that nothing really matters other than watching individual players during the preseason and hoping nobody gets hurt.

HoustonFrog
08-14-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't even pay attention to the score in preseason. Good teams look bad, bad teams look good, sometimes good teams look good...how I look at it is that nothing really matters other than watching individual players during the preseason and hoping nobody gets hurt.

Agree. Romo and the starters scored and then sat last night. The old Cowboys teams of Jimmy proved the preseason is crap thing...4-0 the 1-16 year and 0-4 and 1-3 in SB years. My main goal for teams I like in preseason is 1) no injuries and 2) finding young players that can contribute and play

Vinny
08-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Agree. Romo and the starters scored and then sat last night. The old Cowboy teams of Jimmy proved the preseason is crap thing...4-0 the 1-16 years and 0-4 and 1-3 in SB years. My main goal for teams I like in preseason is 1) no injuries and 2) finding young players that can contribute and play
yeah, I think the all time example of not putting too much stock into the preseason results were the Lions of 2008 - winning every single meaningless game, and losing every single game that counted.

WWJD
08-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I've sat thru many preseason games in person.

Can't remember a single score or a single play.

The NFL needs to do as they have talked about...decrease the preseason...increase the regular season.

I wonder overall how ticket buying fans feel about that.