PDA

View Full Version : Vick signs with Eagles

TEXANS84
08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Just broke on ESPN...two year deal

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938)

Specnatz
08-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Just broke on ESPN...two year deal

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938)

I just heard while watching the game on espn.

WOW!!

HTown2ATX
08-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Just saw this on ESPN during the game. One thing I'll say is that if there is any city that would welcome Vick, Philly is it. The city that booed Santa, throws batteries and cheers career ending injuries to opposing players. Did you also know that the old Vet stadium had it's own jail in it. Man, I used to live near there too. Mike and Philly were made for each other.

Drew_Smoke
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I got a text about 7:30 but didn't believe it.

See ya Kevin Kolb...

alphajoker
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Sweet! This means Schaub will be playing against Vick in the SB :texflag: - I can dream right? ;)

TEXANS84
08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah, that's strange about Kolb. I thought Andy Reid hand picked the guy...

Second Honeymoon
08-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Always hated Philly fan since they heckled and booed Irvin when he was being taken off the field on a stretcher with a spinal injury. Whether you like Irvin or not, that was an indictment of Eagles fan. I can't wait to see if they cheer or boo the move when it inevitably makes news during their preseason game. Will the fans be behind it? It seems kind of a wierd destination considering but I guess Kolb being injured affected that mode of thinking.

This has disaster written all over it. just one big distraction now. the players wont mind it at first but its gonna affect their ability to focus over the course of a season, and I dont see how Vick is going to be able to help them on the football field this year. At the end of the day, the Eagles have won the same amount of Super Bowls as the Texans and that is zero.

CloakNNNdagger
08-13-2009, 09:07 PM
The Eagles Have Landed...............a big turd..........

HoustonFrog
08-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Well, they have speed with their WRs of DeSean and Maclin, Vick and Westbrook as a back. Wildcat galore.

False Start
08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Now I have a new team to dislike..... :wild:

axman40
08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
You guys had to know this was coming cause Tony Dungy said so!

Khari
08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
damn...i used to like the eagles...

Hagar
08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
This is perfect; I want to see some of those PETA nut jobs try and mess with an Eagles fan. :boxing:

It could get ugly real quick. My money goes on the Eagles fan. :money:

Khari
08-13-2009, 09:47 PM
who am i going to root for when dallas plays philly now.....:thinking:

Koolaid Time
08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Sad thing is when Dog Boy comes back to Atlanta in December to play the Falcons, the Georgia Dome will be sold out and he will get a Standing Ovation.

People around here honestly believe he was "set up"...

hot pickle
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
i like the eagles more now.. im a big mike vick fan

and on top of that i would like to add that i cant stand jamie dukes on the NFLN... he is probably the biggest ***** of that network IMO

Texan JBZ
08-13-2009, 10:15 PM
This is the perfect situation for Vick. They already have a steady, entrenched starter at QB. They have a strong, no nonsense HC and front office. I glad for Vick. Maybe he can get his life together and his career back on track now. Good luck to the guy.

DiehardChris
08-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I hope PETA tries to protest at Eagles games. Philly fans would rid us of those nutjobs forever.

steds
08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Makes sense. Gives Vick the opportunity to prove his repentance and commitment before being needed as a starter. Gives the Eagles a veteran to back up a quarterback who missed 15 games in the 3 seasons preceding 08, especially with Kolb hurt.

nunusguy
08-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Vick has paid his dues to soceity and it took balls to give such a controverseial player the second chance that he deserves in the NFL.
Now I'm an even bigger fan of the Eagles than I was this morning.

Khari
08-13-2009, 11:32 PM
glad it wasn't houston...glad we don't play the eagles too...

ChampionTexan
08-13-2009, 11:38 PM
I completely abhor what he did and was convicted for, but I feel he's paid a steep price for the transgressions, and should get this opportunity. If he stays clean, he's got a future - whether that future is as an NFL football player is now a matter of how much talent is left, how much drive is there, and how much dedication to taking advantage of the second chance there is.

If he doesn't stay clean, his second chance in the NFL will also be his last.

Hookem Horns
08-13-2009, 11:49 PM
I really wanted to see Vick sign with Cleveland so he would have to play in front of the Dawg Pound. That would have been ironic.

Actually, I don't get this deal at all. Why in the world would the Eagles sign Vick? They already have 2 capable QBs. Why would Vick sign there unless no one else would sign him which is possible.

Reid was on ESPN lastnight and was asked about Vick. He said the Eagles are set at QB however he felt somebody should give him a chance.

Hopefully the Giants have some dog lovers on their defense. :)

Dan B.
08-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Why is everyone so sure that Vick will play QB? Especially when Reid said this: (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938)

"He's an unbelievable athlete, both running the ball and throwing it," Reid said. "I'll think of something for him."

SheTexan
08-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Well, so much for the green and white! I'll be boxing up all my stuff when I get back from KC. Hard to become an EX fan of a team you've always liked so much. Really sad! BUT, my convictions toward that animal killing bastard will not change. Why anyone thinks he deserves a second chance just amazes me! Those poor animals sure as hell didn't get a second chance, and that asshole KNEW what he was doing!!! Sorry, but, I think I might start hating the Eagles more than I do the Cowboys! Reid needs to see a shrink!!

I feel really depressed over this. Sometimes I doubt my sanity when it comes to the NFL. It's crap like this that makes me wish I had the guts to kiss it all goodbye! Tomorrow's a new day though, and I'll be in KC to watch my team play ball. I'll never watch the Eagles again, as long as MV is on that team!! THAT"S a fact!!

Koolaid Time
08-14-2009, 01:20 AM

You know every time he gets tackled this season someone will be "barking" at him while the pile of bodies gets 7up.

hot pickle
08-14-2009, 01:39 AM
I really wanted to see Vick sign with Cleveland so he would have to play in front of the Dawg Pound. That would have been ironic.

Actually, I don't get this deal at all. Why in the world would the Eagles sign Vick? They already have 2 capable QBs. Why would Vick sign there unless no one else would sign him which is possible.

Reid was on ESPN lastnight and was asked about Vick. He said the Eagles are set at QB however he felt somebody should give him a chance.

well if vick can play as good as he did before he went to jail i'd be much more comfortable with him rather then Kolb if Mcnabb goes down.. but thats just my opinion

Specnatz
08-14-2009, 01:48 AM
well if vick can play as good as he did before he went to jail i'd be much more comfortable with him rather then Kolb if Mcnabb goes down.. but thats just my opinion

You mean throw passes worse than my left-handed uncoordinated sister?

Maybe Ron Mexico will get it one day ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrAIL9MlWJY

Specnatz
08-14-2009, 02:07 AM
nvm

I was posting diff comments and thought better of it both positive negative.

swtbound07
08-14-2009, 02:12 AM
could not be happier. Glad Vick found a team, especially a good one. Its going to be good to see him back on the field where he belongs. He's built for the wildcat, and he'll be effective in it. Might have to pick me up a vick-eagles jersey.

Koolaid Time
08-14-2009, 07:42 AM

Perhaps that knee injury Kolb sufffered the other day is more serious than reported?

CloakNNNdagger
08-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Well, so much for the green and white! I'll be boxing up all my stuff when I get back from KC. Hard to become an EX fan of a team you've always liked so much. Really sad! BUT, my convictions toward that animal killing bastard will not change. Why anyone thinks he deserves a second chance just amazes me! Those poor animals sure as hell didn't get a second chance, and that asshole KNEW what he was doing!!! Sorry, but, I think I might start hating the Eagles more than I do the Cowboys! Reid needs to see a shrink!!

I feel really depressed over this. Sometimes I doubt my sanity when it comes to the NFL. It's crap like this that makes me wish I had the guts to kiss it all goodbye! Tomorrow's a new day though, and I'll be in KC to watch my team play ball. I'll never watch the Eagles again, as long as MV is on that team!! THAT"S a fact!!

I hope that means UNLESS the Texans play the Eagles, in which case we can enjoy the popcorn together!::popcorn::popcorn:texflag:

08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
You mean throw passes worse than my left-handed uncoordinated sister?

your sister is a hoss, because vick's got one of the strongest arms i've ever seen. his accuracy isn't the best and his decision making throwing the ball isn't good, but his arm is NOT the problem.

Specnatz
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
your sister is a hoss, because vick's got one of the strongest arms i've ever seen. his accuracy isn't the best and his decision making throwing the ball isn't good, but his arm is NOT the problem.

Hence the uncoordinated part of my comment. I never said a word about arm strength, if that was a factor Jeff George would be in the hall of fame.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah, that's strange about Kolb. I thought Andy Reid hand picked the guy...

Why is it strange? Kolb went down with a sprained ligament in his left knee last week.

The Philadelphia Beagles.. :pirate:

CloakNNNdagger
08-14-2009, 09:10 AM

Like George, Vick's strong arm has never been connected to a functional brain.

Showtime100
08-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Like George, Vick's strong arm has never been connected to a functional brain.

I'm glad I canceled my post. I said the same thing only not as well.

Hookem Horns
08-14-2009, 09:43 AM
If you want to be entertained about this whole thing, listen to this station today. http://www.610wip.com/ (Philly sports radio)

These guys are going bonkers over this subject. Angelo Cataldi (a well known sports radio guy in Philly) is bashing Vick because he won't forgive Vick.

A lot of the fans calling in are p*ssed and talking about boycotting the Eagles.

TEXANS84
08-14-2009, 09:48 AM
WIP is a great radio station. I can only imagine Philly fans right now.
Maybe the should think about building another jail inside LP, similar to the one at Veterans.

HOU-TEX
08-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Yay..........Pffft! Who cares!?

Thorn
08-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Meh.....Vick is not in our division, so it's just another NFL trivia thing I'll ignore until Philly ends up on our schedule.

TEXANS84
08-14-2009, 09:55 AM
From the old' Veteran's stadium.....I'm sure a little has changed, but Vick may have a hard road ahead of him considering their fans.

Opposing players will shed few tears for the passing of the Vet, the place where Philadelphia fans earned their reputation as some of the toughest in sports.
Consider:

•In 1999, fans jeered Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin as he lay on the field for 20 minutes, suffering from a neck injury that ended his career.
•That same year, fans threw D batteries at St. Louis Cardinals outfielder J.D. Drew, who held out for a year after the Phillies drafted him and eventually signed with the Cards instead.
•Matthew Scott, the only person in the United States to have received a hand transplant, was asked by the Phillies to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the team's home opener in 1999. The pitch, from his transplanted hand, dribbled over the plate. The fans booed.
•Eagles fans famously blasted Santa Claus with a shower of snowballs at halftime of a game as St. Nick circled helplessly around the field before stadium officials rescued him.

The place was considered so rough that the city opened up a jail — complete with a court and a judge — inside the stadium after a particularly nasty bout of drunkenness and fighting at a Monday night game between the Eagles and 49ers in 1997.

LINK (http://www.nestofdeath.com/press/washTimes.html)

Texan_Bill
08-14-2009, 10:07 AM
WIP is a great radio station. I can only imagine Philly fans right now.
Maybe the should think about building another jail inside LP, similar to the one at Veterans.

You do realize that there's a detention cell at Reliant too, right??

infantrycak
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM

Philly didn't just have a detention cell, they had at least at the old stadium a full courtroom with a judge, etc. How they got around right to counsel, I have no idea.

I don't know if this is Reid angst over his son or Kolb is hurt worse than reported because otherwise this deal makes no sense. $1.6 mil this year (twice vet minimum) for a guy who may attempt a few passes in pre-season and then most likely will have no opportunity for the remainder of the year. Then $5.2 mil next year when McNabb will be collecting almost $11 mil. No way both those salaries carry into next year.

HoustonFrog
08-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Philly Fan vs PETA protester. I'll take Eagle fan with D-Cells

infantrycak
08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Philly Fan vs PETA protester. I'll take Eagle fan with D-Cups

Fixed that for you.

HoustonFrog
08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Fixed that for you.

:rofl:You shouldn't take about their coach that way.....or this guy

http://i32.tinypic.com/jjsn0g.jpg

False Start
08-14-2009, 10:37 AM

Vick might mistake that for the locker room.....

HOU-TEX
08-14-2009, 10:50 AM
:rofl:You shouldn't take about their coach that way.....or this guy

http://i32.tinypic.com/jjsn0g.jpg

Is that Joe Klecko cheering for his son Dan? :thinking:

HOU-TEX
08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
For those who actually care

According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the Bengals were the first team to make an offer to Michael Vick.

Is anyone surprised the Bengals got into the fray first? It's unlikely Tony Dungy would have allowed Vick to sign with Cincinnati because he is most concerned with Vick the person right now. Andy Reid signed Vick "sight unseen" - no workout or meeting, Reid just took Dungy's word for it on Vick, and Dungy trusted that the Eagles will be a good situation for Vick to re-start his career.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

infantrycak
08-14-2009, 11:21 AM

I guess it is nice for two guys to be in position to make a $1.6 mil pity signing with someone else's money.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Philly didn't just have a detention cell, they had at least at the old stadium a full courtroom with a judge, etc. How they got around right to counsel, I have no idea.

IIRC, the courtroom in Philly was used just for a "probable cause" proceeding. In any event, yes I had heard about it.

DiehardChris
08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Did anyone else hear that reporter ask Vick "do you have any pets?"

Who says journalism is dead?

Mr teX
08-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm a bigger eagle fan than i was before now because of this signing. I hope he makes the most of this opportunity. I doubt he'll be playing much qb though.

HOU-TEX
08-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I guess it is nice for two guys to be in position to make a $1.6 mil pity signing with someone else's money.

I think I heard during the game last night that Vick at least wanted what was offered by the UFL team.

infantrycak
08-14-2009, 12:11 PM
I think I heard during the game last night that Vick at least wanted what was offered by the UFL team.

As my dad used to say, people in hell want ice water. But I guess he got his.

HoustonFrog
08-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Vick's press conference...interesting that the Bengals were the first team with an offer!Thought he answers were blunt and sounded contrite. He either succeeds or screws up...Video in link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4398956

"I know I've done some terrible things, made a horrible mistake. Now I want to be part of the solution and not the problem," Vick said, adding, "I know playing in the NFL is a privilege and not a right. I have to keep pushing forward and do more good than bad."

"Special thanks to Donovan McNabb. He's a great friend. And for reaching out to Andy and giving Andy time to think about the decision he made about bringing me in," Vick said Friday.

The 29-year-old Vick has not played in the NFL since 2006 when his career came tumbling down. He was convicted in August 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting operation, sentenced to 23 months in federal prison and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

"For the life of me, I can't understand why I was involved in such pointless activity," Vick said. "Why did I risk so much at the pinnacle of my career?"
The Eagles were reportedly not the first team to extend an offer to Vick. FOXSports.com reported that the Cincinnati Bengals first offered Vick a two-year deal worth about $2.3 million.

TheRealJoker
08-14-2009, 12:19 PM
I wanted the Browns to sign him so that he would be in the Dawgpound every home game!!!

HOU-TEX
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Vick's press conference...interesting that the Bengals were the first team with an offer!Thought he answers were blunt and sounded contrite. He either succeeds or screws up...Video in link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4398956

"For the life of me, I can't understand why I was involved in such pointless activity," Vick said. "Why did I risk so much at the pinnacle of my career?"

Umm, because you're a moron, maybe? :thinking:

TEXANS84
08-14-2009, 12:28 PM

No, actually I didn't.

I'm assuming someone close to us saw it last year during one of the games.

TheIronDuke
08-14-2009, 12:39 PM

I heard on one of the radio stations this morning that he had to have been offered by an NFL team at least what the UFL offered because the bankruptcy court made it mandatory that he take the highest-paying job.

Double Barrel
08-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm glad he finally got signed. Maybe the end of Vick Watch 2009 will be coming to an end now.

Khari
08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm glad he finally got signed. Maybe the end of Vick Watch 2009 will be coming to an end now.

i think it just started

infantrycak
08-14-2009, 12:55 PM

LOL - you should do stand up.

HOU-TEX
08-14-2009, 01:00 PM

i think it just started

Yeah, unfortunately, we'll now be seeing video footage following Vick everywhere from the bathroom to the field for at least the next 3-4 weeks. :gun:

Double Barrel
08-14-2009, 01:08 PM
re: Vick Watch 2009

yeah, but it won't be near as bad as it's been since his release. Especially once the season starts and he's just a backup QB. Talking heads speculate where he might end up on every freakin' show, and that part stops now. He's an Eagle, and now the chattering gets focused on that once the 60 Minutes interview is aired.

Personally, if Vick reforms himself and becomes an advocate for helping animals and educating kids about the subject, I can't hate on the guy. I know too many people with giant mistakes in their past (including myself) to get on my high and mighty horse to cast judgment.

Seems to me this so-called "Christian Nation" has a hard time with one of the most fundamental aspects of Jesus' ministry: forgiveness.

Specnatz
08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm a bigger eagle fan than i was before now because of this signing. I hope he makes the most of this opportunity. I doubt he'll be playing much qb though.

:um: You would probably be the first to say Steve howe needed to be banned for life though.

Texecutioner
08-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Anyone thinking that this isn't a good signing for the Eagles is crazy.

As long as he isn't in there pushing for the starting job, and the coaches are trying to play QB shuffle or itching to make him a starter there at QB any time soon, then this makes Philly's offense a freaking nightmare to prepare for if they put the right wildcat packages together. Philly is actually the BEST team for Vick to have gone to. The Wildcat package works best if you've got some speed on the edges, and the Eagles have probably the two fastest guys on the edge in the league possibly with Jackson and Maclin now, and don't forget about a healthy Kevin Curtis coming back from injury who is one freaking speedy white guy. Then while they're stretching the field, you've got the best receiving RB the NFL has ever seen in Brian Westbrook who now can find those gaps where he can get open and we all know what happens when Westy gets the ball in space, he takes it to the house. He's the best HR hitter in football. Then you have a young Lesean McCoy if Westbrook isn't healthy for any reason.

Vick is great for the Wildcat, the Eagles have the perfect WR's and RB for it. Hell, I'd create some packages where I'd throw Vick in the slot and have MCnabb throw him the ball down the sidelines, then let Vick stay behind the line of scrimmage and look down the field and if nothing is there on his side right away, throw it right back to Mcnabb so Mcnabb could look down the field on the other side where another speedster will be most likely blowing by someone.

If the Eagles can work this wildcat package in successfully which I'm sure they will because Reid is great at working trickery plays like this, then teams will now have to prepare for their regular offense and a very very dangerous wildcat offense as well each week, and that's simply to much to prepare for without getting disoriented at some point in time in a game for defenders especially when you start moving players in motion on plays.

Plus, the Eagles are one of the most well ran organizations from top to bottom in football from the owner on down to the coach and they have quite a few good leaders on that team to where Vick should know his place. I didn't want to see Vick in a great situation right away or anything, but this is probably the best situation he could have gone to.

hobie
08-14-2009, 01:40 PM

As long as he isn't in there pushing for the starting job, and the coaches are trying to play QB shuffle or itching to make him a starter there at QB any time soon, then this makes Philly's offense a freaking nightmare to prepare for if they put the right wildcat packages together. Philly is actually the BEST team for Vick to have gone to. The Wildcat package works best if you've got some speed on the edges, and the Eagles have probably the two fastest guys on the edge in the league possibly with Jackson and Maclin now, and don't forget about a healthy Kevin Curtis coming back from injury who is one freaking speedy white guy. Then while they're stretching the field, you've got the best receiving RB the NFL has ever seen in Brian Westbrook who now can find those gaps where he can get open and we all know what happens when Westy gets the ball in space, he takes it to the house. He's the best HR hitter in football. Then you have a young Lesean McCoy if Westbrook isn't healthy for any reason.

Vick is great for the Wildcat, the Eagles have the perfect WR's and RB for it. Hell, I'd create some packages where I'd throw Vick in the slot and have MCnabb throw him the ball down the sidelines, then let Vick stay behind the line of scrimmage and look down the field and if nothing is there on his side right away, throw it right back to Mcnabb so Mcnabb could look down the field on the other side where another speedster will be most likely blowing by someone.

If the Eagles can work this wildcat package in successfully which I'm sure they will because Reid is great at working trickery plays like this, then teams will now have to prepare for their regular offense and a very very dangerous wildcat offense as well each week, and that's simply to much to prepare for without getting disoriented at some point in time in a game for defenders especially when you start moving players in motion on plays.

Plus, the Eagles are one of the most well ran organizations from top to bottom in football from the owner on down to the coach and they have quite a few good leaders on that team to where Vick should know his place. I didn't want to see Vick in a great situation right away or anything, but this is probably the best situation he could have gone to.

There will be the problem, he would probably miss him, he is very inaccurate !

infantrycak
08-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Vick is great for the Wildcat, the Eagles have the perfect WR's and RB for it.

Yes Vick has potential in a wildcat. Heck, before Schaub was even a rumor here I thought Atlanta should run 2 QB sets and give D's nightmares. That said, one thing Vick is going to have to work on is ball security. He runs like a QB with the ball hung out in one hand away from his body and so has coughed the ball up a lot.

Texecutioner
08-14-2009, 01:54 PM
There will be the problem, he would probably miss him, he is very inaccurate !

And every other player that runs the Wild Cat isn't? All of those RB's and WR's that run the wild cat plays are inaccurate, so with that statement of yours I would assume that you must be against the Wild Cat all together.

Vick would easily be the most accurate passing guy in the league that would run the wild cat plays because he used to play QB. Now you're right he's not an accurate passer when compared to other true QB's, but when comparing him to every other player that runs the wild cat he's the most accurate of all of them. And you have to remember most likely he'll be throwing a lot of long balls on those plays where all he has to do is launch the ball down the field and let a guy like Jackson or Maclin run under it. Vick can launch the ball down the field. That was never a problem for him. Where Vick was poor as a passer was when he was trying to fit the ball in tight holes and spaces and throw nice bullets where only his guy could get the ball. He wasn't bad at all at launching a bomb. His arm strength was never questionable.

Texecutioner
08-14-2009, 01:57 PM
That said, one thing Vick is going to have to work on is ball security. He runs like a QB with the ball hung out in one hand away from his body and so has coughed the ball up a lot.

You know I had never really thought about that Icak, and that is a good point. He did used to run the ball holding it with his hand and hanging out. But that will be on the coaching staff to correct. I'm sure he'll probably naturally do that again for a while, but the coaching staff will have to work with him on tucking it inside when he wants to scramble up the field.

Texan JBZ
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
re: Vick Watch 2009

yeah, but it won't be near as bad as it's been since his release. Especially once the season starts and he's just a backup QB. Talking heads speculate where he might end up on every freakin' show, and that part stops now. He's an Eagle, and now the chattering gets focused on that once the 60 Minutes interview is aired.

Personally, if Vick reforms himself and becomes an advocate for helping animals and educating kids about the subject, I can't hate on the guy. I know too many people with giant mistakes in their past (including myself) to get on my high and mighty horse to cast judgment.

Seems to me this so-called "Christian Nation" has a hard time with one of the most fundamental aspects of Jesus' ministry: forgiveness.

Yep, 70 times 7. I'm like you DB, I've done too much busllshit in my life to throw stones when I know I live in a glass house. I'm just a glass half full kind of guy. I want to see the guy succeed. He's in the perfect situation for that to happen too.

Hookem Horns
08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
This was fast.

http://product.images.store.philadelphiaeagles.com/37-01/37-01005-F.jpg

Khari
08-14-2009, 02:46 PM
This was fast.

barf

Hervoyel
08-14-2009, 02:50 PM
And they have his alternate jersey up too!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/prod.jpg

gary
08-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't like Vick but I love coach Reid and the Eagles I hope he does well for the sake of the team but the Texans will always be my first option.

Silver Oak
08-14-2009, 03:29 PM

I'm not sold on the Eagles changing their scheme now, to accommodate a single player...one who has been out of the league for awhile, and is late getting into camp. That, plus I doubt McNabb would be too excited to see his role diminished.

Vinny
08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm not sold on the Eagles changing their scheme now, to accommodate a single player...one who has been out of the league for awhile, and is late getting into camp. That, plus I doubt McNabb would be too excited to see his role diminished.I bet McNabb doesn't want to run any wildcat....for some reason I think this is a perfect spot for Vick and I think the league is headed to more and more situational QB, so who better than Vick (at least physically) to work into this scheme?

ChampionTexan
08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
This was fast.

It was fast when it was an Atlanta jersey - just how fast the one in the picture will be remains to be seen.

Blazing Arrow
08-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, we'll now be seeing video footage following Vick everywhere from the bathroom to the field for at least the next 3-4 weeks. :gun:

I just hope the uncut prison videos of this event do not surface .... :jogger:

Dan B.
08-14-2009, 05:10 PM
So if Vick has lost a step and can no longer compete, we get to drown him and put him on a rape stand, right?

HOU-TEX
08-14-2009, 05:15 PM
So if Vick has lost a step and can no longer compete, we get to drown him and put him on a rape stand, right?

:spit: Nicely done!

I'd feel sorry for Vick if Flaming Wheelbarrow was around and saw him on that stand.

Showtime100
08-14-2009, 06:39 PM

Nice..lol. After looking at your avatar I have to wonder if your dog lost a step. Either way he looks like a step too slow..

Dan B.
08-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Nice..lol. After looking at your avatar I have to wonder if your dog lost a step. Either way he looks like a step too slow..

I wish my dog could fit in a bukkit. She's a 50lb boxer/pit mix -- at least I think so. Rescued her off of a feeder road abut 4 years ago, when she was about two months old. Best thing I've ever done.

jgl35
08-14-2009, 07:59 PM

What this link said about Reid signing Vick sight unseen is just flat out wrong. In his press conference after the Pats game Reid said that he had spoken with Vick, more then once with Tony Dungy, and others close to the Vick situation.
Eagles owner, Jeff Lurie said today that both Reid and McNabb had to sell the idea of Vick joining the Eagles. He agreed to it as he has never gone against any player the coaching staff wanted to sign. Lurie also said that if Vick slips up in any way, he will not be a Philadelphia Eagle long.

As far at fan reaction goes, one tv poll shows that 17% like the signing. The rest are furious.
I, myself have been a Eagle fan for over fifty years. I also have spent many years as a volunteer at my local SPCA. I have seen my share of abused animals over the years. I have also seen dogs used in fighting. To me, these people are scum.
I also believe in giving people a second chance if they have proved they have REALLY changed. If Vick has really changed, means he is not sorry but ashamed at what he did, and works publicly to prove it, then I can get excited about him as a football player. Until then, I just can't.

FYI for whoever posted about snowballs and Santa. That took place at Franklin Field, not the vet. If this tired stuff has to be posted, at lest get it right.
The court was put in the vet so the city could get correct names and addresses from offenders. Before the court, people who did not live in the city would just skip the court hearing. The city had neighed the time or money to send people to New Jersey, Delaware, or the 'burbs to find these people and collect fines and costs.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2009, 09:21 AM
What this link said about Reid signing Vick sight unseen is just flat out wrong. In his press conference after the Pats game Reid said that he had spoken with Vick, more then once with Tony Dungy, and others close to the Vick situation.
Eagles owner, Jeff Lurie said today that both Reid and McNabb had to sell the idea of Vick joining the Eagles. He agreed to it as he has never gone against any player the coaching staff wanted to sign. Lurie also said that if Vick slips up in any way, he will not be a Philadelphia Eagle long.

As far at fan reaction goes, one tv poll shows that 17% like the signing. The rest are furious.
I, myself have been a Eagle fan for over fifty years. I also have spent many years as a volunteer at my local SPCA. I have seen my share of abused animals over the years. I have also seen dogs used in fighting. To me, these people are scum.
I also believe in giving people a second chance if they have proved they have REALLY changed. If Vick has really changed, means he is not sorry but ashamed at what he did, and works publicly to prove it, then I can get excited about him as a football player. Until then, I just can't.

FYI for whoever posted about snowballs and Santa. That took place at Franklin Field, not the vet. If this tired stuff has to be posted, at lest get it right.
The court was put in the vet so the city could get correct names and addresses from offenders. Before the court, people who did not live in the city would just skip the court hearing. The city had neighed the time or money to send people to New Jersey, Delaware, or the 'burbs to find these people and collect fines and costs.

Let's not sugar coat things. If you need a jail cell in your stadium, you have real issues.............and they are not ones of collections.

jgl35
08-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Let's not sugar coat things. If you need a jail cell in your stadium, you have real issues.............and they are not ones of collections.

Just trying to correct a misconseption. There was never a jail cell in the Vet.
There was only a court.
I quote from a book called THE EAGLES ENCYCLOPEDIA . by Hall of Fame sports writter Ray Didinger and Robert Lyons.

"In 1997 the team played a Monday night game against San Frarcisco, and the national tv audience saw a record number of brawls-police reported 60 fistfights in the stands- and one fan was arrested after firing a flare into the upper deck. The game was such an embarrassment that the team and the city decided to take action.

A court was created in the basement of the Vet with judge Seamus McCaffery dispensing judgement on the spot Where in the past, a drunken or abusive fan would be simply ejected from the stadium and ticketed with a court appearence, now he was handcuffed and taken to the courtroom--actually a storage area for the Phillies ground crew-- where judge McCaffery, a no nonsense former homicide detective, would issue a stiff fine,and if the offender was unable to pay, he was sent to jail.

On the first day of court, 20 fans were brought before judge McCaffery. 18 were found guilty of disorderly conduct and fined. They were also forced to give up their season tickets."

CloakNNNdagger
08-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Just trying to correct a misconseption. There was never a jail cell in the Vet.
There was only a court.
I quote from a book called THE EAGLES ENCYCLOPEDIA . by Hall of Fame sports writter Ray Didinger and Robert Lyons.

"In 1997 the team played a Monday night game against San Frarcisco, and the national tv audience saw a record number of brawls-police reported 60 fistfights in the stands- and one fan was arrested after firing a flare into the upper deck. The game was such an embarrassment that the team and the city decided to take action.

A court was created in the basement of the Vet with judge Seamus McCaffery dispensing judgement on the spot Where in the past, a drunken or abusive fan would be simply ejected from the stadium and ticketed with a court appearence, now he was handcuffed and taken to the courtroom--actually a storage area for the Phillies ground crew-- where judge McCaffery, a no nonsense former homicide detective, would issue a stiff fine,and if the offender was unable to pay, he was sent to jail.

On the first day of court, 20 fans were brought before judge McCaffery. 18 were found guilty of disorderly conduct and fined. They were also forced to give up their season tickets."

jgl35, FYI, adjacent to the basement court, there was a four-cell jail for holding purposes.

You are correct about the Santa Claus incident. But, in my opinion, something worse than this occur at Vet Stadium in 1999 which exemplifies what kind of sports fans reside in Philadelphia..............Matthew Scott, the only person in the United States to have received a hand transplant at the time, was asked by the Phillies to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the team's home opener at the Vet. The pitch, from his transplanted hand, trickled over the plate. The fans unmercifully booed him. Santa Claus would have been expected to fare much better under the circumstances.

drewmar74
08-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Dear CND,

Will herpes impact my ability to run the Wildcat?

Thanks,

Ron Mexico

SheTexan
08-17-2009, 06:14 AM
I hope that means UNLESS the Texans play the Eagles, in which case we can enjoy the popcorn together!::popcorn::popcorn:texflag:

Just hope they play in Philly so I won't have to miss a home game!!:fans:

A friend ask me the other day what I would have done if the Texans had picked up MV. I said, without hesitation, that for the second time in my life I would lose a football team that I loved. Football is a game, yes, one that I enjoy over any other, BUT, I can live without it.

I have no way of knowing if MV is a changed man or not, that's not for me to judge. Tony Dungy and Andy Reid are acting like GOD's and MV is their chosen prophet!! This entire spectical reeks with sensationalism and TONS of BS!!!!! MV would say ANYTHING and promise ANYTHING to those men if he thought they could help him get some easy NOT EARNED money, which they did. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe MV is GOD and TD and AR are HIS prophets!! Anyway you look at it, MV must be a fantastic ass kisser, cause he sure pulled this one off without a hitch.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2009, 07:54 AM

A friend ask me the other day what I would have done if the Texans had picked up MV. I said, without hesitation, that for the second time in my life I would lose a football team that I loved. Football is a game, yes, one that I enjoy over any other, BUT, I can live without it.

I have no way of knowing if MV is a changed man or not, that's not for me to judge. Tony Dungy and Andy Reid are acting like GOD's and MV is their chosen prophet!! This entire spectical reeks with sensationalism and TONS of BS!!!!! MV would say ANYTHING and promise ANYTHING to those men if he thought they could help him get some easy NOT EARNED money, which they did. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe MV is GOD and TD and AR are HIS prophets!! Anyway you look at it, MV must be a fantastic ass kisser, cause he sure pulled this one off without a hitch.

"Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into."

Oliver Hardy

Mr teX
08-17-2009, 01:28 PM

I understand how some in here feel about this whole situation but this isn't pacman, chris henry or even brandon marshall; all guys with MULTIPLE infractions. Vick was never in any trouble prior to this & there's no reason to assume that he will fall back into it. I also believe he's the only one in recent memory to have done serious time for his crime; and rightfully so. The only other person I can think of that served any time at all for something that they did & got back in the league was ray lewis.....& he was able to turn his life around.

Doesn't mean vick will follow suit, but anyone who's spent an extended amount of time in jail who wasn't a hardened criminal before knows..if anything's gonna change someone, it's being on lock down.

infantrycak
08-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I understand how some in here feel about this whole situation but this isn't pacman, chris henry or even brandon marshall; all guys with MULTIPLE infractions. Vick was never in any trouble prior to this & there's no reason to assume that he will fall back into it. I also believe he's the only one in recent memory to have done serious time for his crime; and rightfully so. The only other person I can think of that served any time at all for something that they did & got back in the league was ray lewis.....& he was able to turn his life around.

Doesn't mean vick will follow suit, but anyone who's spent an extended amount of time in jail who wasn't a hardened criminal before knows..if anything's gonna change someone, it's being on lock down.

Depends on how you view multiple. They had multiple incidents (and if you are going to consider Pacman's non-charged incidents then Vick had the incident at the airport as well) but Vick had a course of conduct over years and could have been charged with many more crimes. In any event...

Don't know what the cut off is for serious time, but Leonard Little spent three months in jail and Jamal Lewis spent four months in jail.

Mr teX
08-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Depends on how you view multiple. They had multiple incidents (and if you are going to consider Pacman's non-charged incidents then Vick had the incident at the airport as well) but Vick had a course of conduct over years and could have been charged with many more crimes. In any event...

Don't know what the cut off is for serious time, but Leonard Little spent three months in jail and Jamal Lewis spent four months in jail.

ahh, forgot about those 2. In any event 3 out of 4 of those guys have managed to keep it together. Even as little as 15 days (which is what ray lewis served) in jail is enough to scare someone straight especially for those who stand to lose alot. I know i was about to :tinfoil::panic::gun: for the few hours i got locked up for a friggin traffic ticket; I learned right then & there that jail/prison was not an option for me. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Vick was affected the same way by his extended time in the pokey.

Specnatz
08-17-2009, 03:14 PM

Wouldn't each dog be an infraction?

ubecool454
08-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Wouldn't each dog be an infraction?

Just let it go! Vick is out and I will be cheering him on. The Eagles fans that are pissed about Vick becoming and eagle will forget all about it when he scores a couple highlight reel
TDS...they will be like the anti mario houston texans fans:goodpost:

Specnatz
08-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Just let it go! Vick is out and I will be cheering him on. The Eagles fans that are pissed about Vick becoming and eagle will forget all about it when he scores a couple highlight reel
TDS...they will be like the anti mario houston texans fans

Some people do have conviction and will not be cheering for them no matter what. Just as some here will be cheering for him just as they would be cheering Tony Montana if he was in the NFL.

Certain people love the thug life and root for it. They want their sons to be thugs and their daughters to date them.

ubecool454
08-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Some people do have conviction and will not be cheering for them no matter what. Just as some here will be cheering for him just as they would be cheering Tony Montana if he was in the NFL.

Certain people love the thug life and root for it. They want their sons to be thugs and their daughters to date them.

If your daughter wants to date a thug and she is of age the only thing you could do is talk to her about it and hope she see things your way...otherwise you will have thug life in your life. I guess the next thing would be for me to ask you to describe thug...please do.:specnatz:

Texecutioner
08-17-2009, 04:54 PM

Sad, but true. If Tony Montana was in the NFL he'd be the most popular guy in the the NFL. He isn't even a real character and he's the most popular person in the US 30 years after the movie has come out.

UNfortunately you are correct.

Specnatz
08-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Each person has their own definition of a thug life. Anyone who loves the criminal aspects of an urban lifestyle. Even when they make it out of poverty and the environment of an urban life and takes it with them. They love having the guns, drugs, and crime around them.

They just be keep'n it real.

ubecool454
08-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Each person has their own definition of a thug life. Anyone who loves the criminal aspects of an urban lifestyle. Even when they make it out of poverty and the environment of an urban life and takes it with them. They love having the guns, drugs, and crime around them.

They just be keep'n it real.

Tru dat!