PDA

View Full Version : Colts D Just Took One Heck of a Hit

CloakNNNdagger
08-12-2009, 09:39 PM
This could have a major impact on the what Manning will be expected to deliver.

Colts working without safety net

The Colts are the only team in the league that boasts two Pro Bowl safeties, but neither one is helping out much right now. (At least I think they are the only team. The PFT research staff has taken off for the night.)

Indianapolis learned Wednesday that Antoine Bethea, their free safety, has a cracked bone in his right hand. He will be out indefinitely.

The news is murkier when it comes to 2007 Defensive MVP winner Bob Sanders, who is struggling with yet another preseason injury. Sanders is recovering from knee surgery.

When asked if he was confident that Sanders would be ready for the season opener, coach Jim Caldwell said, "I would say that if I felt that way. I'm really not certain. The most important thing is to get him healthy."

The team consulted Dr. James Andrews recently, which is never an uplifting sign. Sanders is struggling with the same knee that cost him ten games last year.

The Colts knew the risk they were taking when they signed Sanders to a big deal at the end of 2007 and haven't received good returns on the investment thus far.

Sanders has missed at least ten games in three of his five seasons. In the other two, he was an All-Pro.

link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/12/colts-working-without-safety-net/)

m5kwatts
08-12-2009, 10:04 PM
This could have a major impact on the what Manning will be expected to deliver.

link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/12/colts-working-without-safety-net/)

And I thought this was going to be about Meeks no longer the defensive coordinator....Jamie Dukes (I know, Jamie Dukes) had an interesting piece about jealousy possibly leading to Meeks' departure in Indy and how that could hurt them...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/12/moves-i-like-dont-like-or-just-dont-know-about-from-new-coaches/

Imatexanfan
08-12-2009, 11:53 PM
It seems like we have a greater chance of being #1 AFC South this year.

TimeKiller
08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
When was the last time Bob Sanders made an impact on that team? Their super bowl run? The guy is terminally hurt now.

spurstexanstros
08-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Anyone thinking throw at "Open" Daniels in the middle.....about 5 or six times.

Blazing Arrow
08-13-2009, 01:18 PM
It seems like we have a greater chance of being #1 AFC South this year.

:mcnugget:

You might have a shot at #2 ... might.

disaacks3
08-13-2009, 02:05 PM

So, the Titans are aiming for #3 then? :shades:

Bulluck53
08-13-2009, 02:28 PM
They aren't the only team in the league with two Pro Bowl safeties.... rubbish

This is why Sanders is overrated. You can't be considered one of the best in the league if you're on the field half the time. Bethea is a real player, though I think he'll be back soon enough.

Thorn
08-13-2009, 05:00 PM

With yalls running game, I happy you don't have a full fledged QB and good recievers. I think this year the Texans will prove we can compete in our division. I'm really looking forward to our Monday night game. :)

The second game this season when we travel to yalls place is an excellent early test for us. If we can plug up your running game and force you guys to pass, it's going to be a good one.

badboy
08-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Texans had a safety with an arm in a cast that was a pro bowl alternate. Did not make the roster the next year. Surprised me both times.

HOU-TEX
08-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Texans had a safety with an arm in a cast that was a pro bowl alternate. Did not make the roster the next year. Surprised me both times.

Will Demps