PDA

View Full Version : Chester Pitts, Kris Brown are last original Texans

Wolf
08-12-2009, 05:26 AM
HOUSTON They've outlasted a head coach, a handful of assistants and dozens of teammates, including 2002 top overall pick David Carr.

Chester Pitts and Kris Brown are the only players who've been with the Texans since their inception.

The pair has survived the struggles and growing pains of being part of an expansion team. Now they hope Houston's eighth season will be the one in which the team finally moves into the playoffs.

"I believe it in my heart that this is by far the best chance we've had of all the years that we've been here to make it," Pitts said. "This will definitely be the year where it's the biggest disappointment if it doesn't happen."

Pitts, an offensive guard, and Brown, the team's kicker, have played in every one of Houston's 112 games. Pitts was drafted in the second-round in 2002 and has missed just seven plays in his career.

They both count Houston's win against the Cowboys in the inaugural game in 2002 as a high point in their careers. Another favorite for Pitts is Houston's first win over the Colts in 2006 and Brown liked last season's win at Green Bay.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/aug/12/fbn-original-texans-081209/?national%20football%20league

awtysst
08-12-2009, 10:45 AM
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/aug/12/fbn-original-texans-081209/?national%20football%20league

I am a little surprised that Brown didn't list the Indy win in 2006 as his favorite moment. I mean he kicked the game winner on Christmas Eve and Reliant Stadium went nuts. It was AWESOME!

Insideop
08-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I am a little surprised that Brown didn't list the Indy win in 2006 as his favorite moment. I mean he kicked the game winner on Christmas Eve and Reliant Stadium went nuts. It was AWESOME!

Both games were great with game winning kicks near the end, but I have to agree with you about the Colts game. After all, it was the 1st, and up until now, the only win against one of our biggest division rivals. So yes, I'm a bit surprised he didn't pick that game too.