PDA

View Full Version : What I love about signing first rounders

jppaul
08-11-2009, 01:45 AM
I think it is great when first rounders from opponents hold out. I think it prevents them from getting the reps they need to be effective in thier first year. Like Derrick Harvey or JaMarcus Russell.

So far, in division we have Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton from the Jaguars. And outside the division, Andre Smith from the Bengals. Michael Crabtree for the 49ers. Aaron Maybin from Buffalo.

V3rm0nt3r
08-11-2009, 01:56 AM
I think it is great when first rounders from opponents hold out. I think it prevents them from getting the reps they need to be effective in thier first year. Like Derrick Harvey or JaMarcus Russell.

So far, in division we have Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton from the Jaguars. Andre Smith from the Bengals. Michael Crabtree for the 49ers. Aaron Maybin from Buffalo.

as a football fan i hate to see it. but as a texan fan it brings hope. i think a couple of these guys were a longshot to be productive this year anyway (Maybin seems like more of an athlete and is going to need to become sound on the technique side of football and Crabtree just doesn't have a QB that will be able to get him the ball enough to be effectiuve) but i'm very glad that Jacksonville still doesn't have Monroe OR Britton signed, just as they didn't have Harvey signed last year because it takes a while for an O-Line to mold so i don't look at Jacksonville as a threat to stop Mario and company.

Blake
08-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Actually Eben was signed awhile ago.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/shared-gen/ap/General_Football_News/FBN_Jaguars_Britton.html

And the Bengals, 9ners and Bills are not in our division.

jppaul
08-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Actually Eben was signed awhile ago.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/shared-gen/ap/General_Football_News/FBN_Jaguars_Britton.html

And the Bengals, 9ners and Bills are not in our division.

oops.

Yeah, forgot the transition, I know they are not in our division but we play them this year.

TimeKiller
08-11-2009, 08:42 AM
What I love about signing first rounders is that we always do with plenty of time in TC left.

Maddict5
08-11-2009, 09:26 AM
and Crabtree just doesn't have a QB that will be able to get him the ball enough to be effectiuve.

actually SF threw for most ypg last yr. i only remember it because it was such a shocking stat to me

Austrian
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
actually SF threw for most ypg last yr. i only remember it because it was such a shocking stat to me

No, New Orleans did. There were four teams listed and out of those four SF threw the most ypg.

edit: It was a quiz.
edit2: After further research SF was 13th. Not bad considering their QB problems.

Maddict5
08-11-2009, 09:32 AM
No, New Orleans did. There were four teams listed and out of those four SF threw the most ypg.

oh right thanks. i knew it was kirwans quiz but i thought it was most in the nfl

looked it up & SF threw for the 13th most pass yards. still pretty good

V3rm0nt3r
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM

yes but add in that the team is going for more of a smashmouth approach this year instead of the spread that they ran last year and the production will go way down.