PDA

View Full Version : Texans logo on jerseys

Hookem Horns
08-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Is this just a camp thing? I think it looks pretty decent.

SheTexan
08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Is this just a camp thing? I think it looks pretty decent.

I stuck with my vow and didn't watch the game. I have yet to see those Basteeds in the Oiler blue, not even a small pic. I feel like a hermit! No TV, no newspaper, and NO links off FB, TT, or any other website. Just ignoring that team from Tenn with every ounce of my STEEL BLUE BLOOD!!!:texflag:

TEXANRED
08-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I stuck with my vow and didn't watch the game. I have yet to see those Basteeds in the Oiler blue, not even a small pic. I feel like a hermit! No TV, no newspaper, and NO links off FB, TT, or any other website. Just ignoring that team from Tenn with every ounce of my STEEL BLUE BLOOD!!!:texflag:

I think he was talking about the bull head on the TC jersey.

Hookem Horns
08-10-2009, 06:41 PM

LOL, I feel your pain Grandma. I did watch the game and it irked me a few times, especially when I saw them wearing shirts saying "Property of Houston Oilers". However that turned into a pretty good joke itself. Nice to see they are promoting the city of a division rival and admitting they are our property. I am sure the fans in Nashville are loving that.

However all of that being said I was referring to the Texans logo the Texans are wearing on the front of their jerseys in camp. I assume that is just a camp thing however it looks pretty good. I was wondering if it has been considered for the regular season.

DiehardChris
08-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Just a camp and regular season practice thing. It's there to sell advertising space - but obviously they haven't sold the spot yet.

SheTexan
08-10-2009, 06:59 PM
My BAD!! lol I'm just still a little p*ssed at the whole Oiler uni thing! BUT, if it irritates the Titan fans just a LITTLE, then I guess it's ok! :)

I think the Texans wear a different logo on their practice jerseys just about every year. Would be nice to see something different. I've been shopping for some new Texan wear and it's hard to come by, even here in dear old H-town. The store at Reliant KILLS my pocketbook, but, I might have to resort to going there since my trip to KC is coming up..

BTW! I LOVE the "Property of Houston" thing! Might have to make a trip over to the Titans board just for FUN!! Football season is definitley upon us, Grandma is feelin FRISKY!!!! lol

Hookem Horns
08-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I've been shopping for some new Texan wear and it's hard to come by, even here in dear old H-town. The store at Reliant KILLS my pocketbook, but, I might have to resort to going there since my trip to KC is coming up..

I buy just about everything sports related online. You typically can't beat the prices and of course the selection is unmatched. Ebay is always the first place I look. I hardly ever visit stores anymore. That is just another way the internet has changed my life.

hobie
08-10-2009, 08:32 PM
My BAD!! lol I'm just still a little p*ssed at the whole Oiler uni thing! BUT, if it irritates the Titan fans just a LITTLE, then I guess it's ok! :)

I think the Texans wear a different logo on their practice jerseys just about every year. Would be nice to see something different. I've been shopping for some new Texan wear and it's hard to come by, even here in dear old H-town. The store at Reliant KILLS my pocketbook, but, I might have to resort to going there since my trip to KC is coming up..

BTW! I LOVE the "Property of Houston" thing! Might have to make a trip over to the Titans board just for FUN!! Football season is definitley upon us, Grandma is feelin FRISKY!!!! lol

Oh la-la !!

Specnatz
08-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I buy just about everything sports related online. You typically can't beat the prices and of course the selection is unmatched. Ebay is always the first place I look. I hardly ever visit stores anymore. That is just another way the internet has changed my life.

Well it's not like you can go to the local Academy store and purchase any Texans gear.

SheTexan
08-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Just came back from the local Academy, and I have to admit they have some new stuff. They have some tee shirts now with player names and numbers, not just expensive jersey's. Some new style hats, and a couple new style lady's tee's that aren't to expensive. Some new style mugs, glasses, insulated cups/glasses, posters, towels, etc, etc. Needless to say, I am broke!:headhurts:Just can't walk away from Texan stuff I don't already have. My name is Sandy and I'm addicted!!:texan::gotexans1:shetexan::texflag::whe rewill:fieldgoal

Vinny
08-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I wanted them to put a little state of Texas on their pants like the University of Michigan has their logo on their pants....I thought it would be kinda cool lookin...just sayin'

http://www.collegeotr.com/images/blogs/c87ea1f9184f0ce86131b1afc0540ea6.jpg

Hookem Horns
08-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I wanted them to put a little state of Texas on their pants like the University of Michigan has their logo on their pants....I thought it would be kinda cool lookin...just sayin'

Something like this?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9633/schaub.jpg

Actually I don't think they can put anything on the pants. All NFL uniforms have the NFL logo on one leg and the Reebok logo on the other.

So how about adding the the alternate HT logo they came out with a year or two ago on the left shoulder like this?

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1329/schaub1.jpg

Hookem Horns
08-10-2009, 11:55 PM
While we are at it how about an alternate helmet?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1348/helmetn.jpg

LonerATO
08-11-2009, 12:19 AM
This is off topic, but I like the new AFL Dallas Texans gear thats up on NFLShop.com. I would love for the Texans to use the HT logos.

powerfuldragon
08-11-2009, 01:00 AM
While we are at it how about an alternate helmet?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1348/helmetn.jpg

i think i prefer the bull on the helmet.

barrett
08-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I've often wondered why the "T"? With that logo, couldn't the state represent the "Texans" as well as the letter "T" just because of the top and how it's sandwiched into the "H"?

Somebody Photo shop savvy, can you get what I'm saying?

I've always hated the bull logo. Mostly because of it's size. If reduced by 25-35% it could be "okay" but it still reminds me of an arena logo.

Love the name, love the uni's, love the font even, just not the helmet logo.

Go Texans.

distant_texans_fan
08-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Just a camp and regular season practice thing. It's there to sell advertising space - but obviously they haven't sold the spot yet.

I'd love to be able to buy one of those. Over here, genuine football jerseys are not common and it would set me apart from all the guys with cheap chinese knock offs.