PDA

View Full Version : Is Kubiak Really Handing over the Reins to Young Shanny?

CloakNNNdagger
08-05-2009, 08:05 AM
It's still to be seen. But that is what he is saying for the "day of reckoning"..........better known to us as football Sunday. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6561013.html

nunusguy
08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
I for one hope he does just that. BTW, can't get into your link C-NNN-D, no access ?

CloakNNNdagger
08-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I for one hope he does just that. BTW, can't get into your link C-NNN-D, no access ?

Sorry, fixed it.:texflag:

thunderkyss
08-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I think he needs to, maybe not 100%, because we don't need to be going backwards on offense.

But we need to see progress on the defensive side of the board.

He needs to make sure we do progress on the defensive side.

False Start
08-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Cool article, thanks for the link.

It worked the last part of the 08 season, so why not try it full-time. I think Kyle is going to be a head coach one day.

DoCRoN
08-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Pardon my prejudice, but I read the first paragraph then looked up to see who the author was. Unfortunately my twitchy finger instinctively hit the "red x" in the upper right-hand corner immediately.

Looks like I'll have to wait for the season to play out to see who actually will be calling the plays! :)

TheRealJoker
08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I hope he does take over play calling duties. Kubiak's biggest fault as a HC imo is his in game management. He has poor clock management and doesn't do a good job of knowing when to throw the challenge flag.

One way to solve this problem is to take away one extra duty he has the other HCs dont have (playcalling) so he can concentrate on the game as a whole rather than worrying about what play to choose.

GP
08-05-2009, 10:58 AM
So why would Gary Kubiak give up the very thing many NFL coaches love the most about their jobs?

“No, I really welcome it,” he said.

If you buy that answer, there's beachfront property in Conroe you're going to love.

Kubiak has once more convinced himself the Texans will be better off if he turns the play-calling over to offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.
He's going to hate it. Remember you heard it here first. In fact, Kubiak is already miserable.

There he was Tuesday morning facing the media after practice, giving shorter and shorter answers, looking madder and madder, channeling his inner Cecil Cooper.

“We're at a crossroads as a team,” Kubiak said finally.

He gave another answer or two, both short, both through clinched teeth, and then something amazing happened. He turned around and began running, right off the complex, headed for the freeway, for freedom.

I don't think I've ever admired him more than at that moment. Haven't we all wanted to do the same thing at some point in our lives?

The Texans went into full spin mode, claiming he was going for his morning run. But who takes a morning run when the temperature on the field is 112?

RJ tries to connect Kubiak's frustration that one morning with Kubiak's letting go of the playcalling duties? I'm more confused for having read his column.

There's the issue of Kubiak thinking the team played sloppy in that particular practice...so that's due to Kyle's job of calling plays that morning? There's also been that nagging, persistent Texans team attitude that was established by Capers and Fangio which is still trying to get eradicated to this very day. And then there's probably other unseen issues, lurking beyond the media and the fan's view, which might have set Kubiak off.

I think the only point RJ was making is that Kubiak is going to be miserable because Kyle is going to do great at calling plays and that means Kyle has more fun and it makes Kubiak the drooling old man in the corner who is no longer involved in the "real" football aspect of being a coach.

LOL.

There is no END to this man's obsession with trying to trash Kubiak.

Malloy
08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
RJ scares me, he's 'Highschool with a semi-automatic'-crazy to me...

He needs help, something's not right with him.

HOU-TEX
08-05-2009, 01:00 PM

That's for dang sure. It'd be nice if there was a way to permanantly ban his name from TT all together. That would include links to his articles and anything written or said by him.

The dude's mental.

edo783
08-05-2009, 01:13 PM

That's an interesting take Mallory. You live so far away and yet you can see it, but some folks that live here can't. I have no idea how the guy keeps his job being the duffas that he is.

Goldensilence
08-05-2009, 01:27 PM
That's an interesting take Mallory. You live so far away and yet you can see it, but some folks that live here can't. I have no idea how the guy keeps his job being the duffas that he is.

My guess is it's kind of like driving by a train wreck.....you can't...help....but look.