PDA

View Full Version : Winston Schooled!

stevn8r
08-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Did Y'all see Barwin School Eric Winston in the Training camp Vid on HT.com at the 6 minute mark?
He lifts him up and runs him back about 10 yds and Eric gets pissed and throws Barwin off and Okoye goes to his defense! VERY FIREY! Its good to see that the Vets are looking out for the rookie. :wild: But it's better to see the rookie do that to a vet!
If Barwin can do that to Winston, let's hope he can do it to other big OLinemen on Sundays!

GO DEFENSE :texflag:

Runner
08-03-2009, 06:29 PM
In Winston's defense, I'd consider if this was a rookie going at 100% vs. a vet going at practice speed. Peek always looked faster than everyone else in camp too. So fast that he appeared unstoppable.

m5kwatts
08-03-2009, 06:53 PM
In Winston's defense, I'd consider if this was a rookie going at 100% vs. a vet going at practice speed. Peek always looked faster than everyone else in camp too. So fast that he appeared unstoppable.

If you watch it, speed wasn't what won it for Barwin, he got under Winston's pads and used strength and leverage. Very impressive to see from a rookie.

Maddict5
08-03-2009, 07:02 PM
winston implied in the quotes after that the whistle had gone & barwin kept going so he called his reaction 'player self-policing'

Goldensilence
08-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Barwin. Championship!

Nice to hear good things, but we'll see how he does in pre-season against other teams, then I'll get a little excited.

painekiller
08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
And in the team drills WInston got Barwin back. Barwin was also schooled by Hill another rookie.

aj.
08-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't read much into this. I haven't seen Barwin beat anyone with power during full team in the four practices I've attended. Not that what I've seen is a representative sample but......

I think his game will be beating guys around the edge this year, jumping up and knocking down pass attempts, and blocking punts and PATs..

DocBar
08-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Hard to make much of it. I can't wait to see how the rooks do against another team. That will be when I start measuring them up. I like what I hear about our rooks this year. All of them seem to be flying around and doing good things. I really hope Quin's injury is just bump.

stevn8r
08-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I really hope Quin's injury is just bump.

AMEN!!! he was impressive on sunday morning! I hope he comes back quickly as well...kubes had him returning kicks in practice as well

edo783
08-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Most anyone that tries to take on Winston from a power stand point will likely lose, but he has a problem with the speed guys. Barwin frustrated him with his speed and Eric wanted to push the Rook around. It's understandable. It's HOT and a rook makes you look bad so you react. Once Barwin locked up with him, he was done.

NitroGSXR
08-03-2009, 11:00 PM
AMEN!!! he was impressive on sunday morning! I hope he comes back quickly as well...kubes had him returning kicks in practice as well

Really? I went to three practice sessions and only saw David Anderson, Andre Davis, and Jacoby Jones returning kicks. I didn't see Quin returning kicks at all. Where did you hear of or see him returning kicks?

D-Frank
08-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I saw pics of it somewhere, quin was indeed doin punt returns i believe

stevn8r
08-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Really? I went to three practice sessions and only saw David Anderson, Andre Davis, and Jacoby Jones returning kicks. I didn't see Quin returning kicks at all. Where did you hear of or see him returning kicks?

sunday morning...it was #17 Glenn Martinez, David Anderson and Quin...He looked good...so did that Martinez kid....very fast....
All Jacoby did was drop two passes during Offense vs. Defense Team activity!

painekiller
08-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Watching the video, IMO it happen like Winston said, the rookie did not disengage when he should have, and Winston disengaged him. Okoye was out of line, IMO.

Also you can see the legs starting to get tired and Conner is no longer the quickest on the field , because they are all equally tired. And the tempers are starting to flair.

Again this should be a non story.

painekiller
08-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I saw pics of it somewhere, quin was indeed doin punt returns i believe

I saw that too.

They rotated the guys everyday.

D-Frank
08-04-2009, 10:39 AM
i was responding to Nitro