PDA

View Full Version : Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

Pages : [1] 2

Texaninlild
07-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I couldn't find the old thread and I wanted to know if we ever found a place to call home on Sunday? :fans:

Edit by mode to add locations of Texans' meeting

Flips in Grapevine (Somewhat central metroplex)

Website with menu

http://www.restauranteur.com/flipspatiogrill/index.htm

Map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Flips+Patio+Grill&city=Grapevine&state=TX&address=415+W+State+Highway+114&zipcode=76051&country=US&latitude=32.924433&longitude=-97.081212&geocode=ADDRESS

Fairchilds for those more North and/or East

Website link

http://www.wwfairfields.com/

Mapquest link

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Richardson&state=TX&address=147+N+Plano+Rd&zipcode=75081-3827&country=US&latitude=32.94692&longitude=-96.699935&geocode=ADDRESS

If the Saints fans, can have multiple location, real TEXANS should be able to have a few places for some football watchin'.

Showtime100
07-29-2009, 10:24 PM
I couldn't find the old thread and I wanted to know if we ever found a place to call home on Sunday? :fans:

I hope this helps. I took the liberty of doing a search myself. I knew we had one, I'm funny that way.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52228&highlight=dallas+texan+fans

It starts out by saying "instead of bumping last year's version" so maybe this fresh thread will do as well. At least maybe the last one could give you guys some ideas. :)

OzzO
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
That's the one. Post #12 of that thread gave a good year's overview, though I think I had to add onto it toward the end of the year, later in the thread - overediting the post I guess.

The first year I was there, we kinda went between 3 places or so. 2nd year to get a little more variety (Ker's wing house is great - but only so much chicken one can eat every Sunday), we went all over - helped cause we all lived in different parts of the 'plex.

I've since relocated back to Houston, but get in touch with any of those folk that posted and / or try some of those places we visited. It was a good variety we had last year.

Texan JBZ
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm actually a newbie to the metroplex. Me and my family moved here in June. Let me know what places you guys will be attending for the Texans games. I went to Flips last season to watch the Titans game with Ozzo and Arlington Texan. They were good guys. Sorry to see that you've moved back to Houston Ozzo.

ArlingtonTexan
07-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm actually a newbie to the metroplex. Me and my family moved here in June. Let me know what places you guys will be attending for the Texans games. I went to Flips last season to watch the Titans game with Ozzo and Arlington Texan. They were good guys. Sorry to see that you've moved back to Houston Ozzo.

Looks like I will be in the Metroplex again this year, although there is a longshot about (20 to 1) chance of my moving last mintue.

Ozzo, best of luck to ya. I think we are in the yahoo fantasy league together, though. JBZ I remember you coming and would be glad to hangout with you again.

While I enjoyed the different spots, this year I would not mind having a pretty stable place to establish as the Texans hangout.Flips is pretty high on the list for me. It is relatively central and has a diverse enough menu.

I will move this thread to the tailgate section in a few minutes.

ArlingtonTexan
07-30-2009, 01:06 PM

I am going to take the liberty of editting the title a little.

Big Poundcake
08-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I need to find someplace to watch the Texans games up here.

thunderwolf
08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm going to school in denton and really need to find a place to watch games. I'm pretty fortunate to see some of the noon games because the cowboys are always playing later in the day. It's not easy for a texans fan here, hopefully now that I'm 21 I can't start going to sports bars or something to see the games.

Texan JBZ
08-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Glad to see the number growing. I'll be back and forth between Ft Worth and Houston pretty much all football season. We all will definitely get together and watch the Texans. I met up with Arlington Texan and OzzO at a place called Flip's off of 121 (or 183). It was a pretty nice spot. They just opened a Blackfinn over in the Arlington Highlands off of 20 that is very nice too. We'll all get together and enjoy some games together, more than likely starting with the Vikings Monday nighter. Boudreaux's in the Highlands has $1 drafts that day.

OzzO
08-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah - to give y'all a heads up on sports bars, A-Tx and I found this out last year that they get the NFL ticket, but that doesn't include the preseason games. So if it's not national / shown in your area on standard tv, you're out.

Best bet would be to wait till the regular season to get the groups together. Make sure to have Ker's at least once in the rotation, since it was the birthplace of our GTG's.

For meet locations, click on the link in post #2 above, then in that link - scroll down to post #12 to see the different spots we went to last year and what was thought about them.

grinch1134
08-13-2009, 08:11 AM
I'll still make it out when I can. I trained the little one to nap from 12-2, so I may be a little more consistent this year (and he may be staying with mamma).

Vinnie
08-13-2009, 08:20 AM
I have to be in Frisco for the first preseaon game this Saturday and aint too happy about missing it. I know it's preseaon and all, but was really looking forward to it. If yall find a place up there to watch it please respond in this thread or send me a tweet. My handle is texanfanvinnie on twitter.

ArlingtonTexan
08-13-2009, 04:14 PM
I have to be in Frisco for the first preseaon game this Saturday and aint too happy about missing it. I know it's preseaon and all, but was really looking forward to it. If yall find a place up there to watch it please respond in this thread or send me a tweet. My handle is texanfanvinnie on twitter.

Unless something has changed from last year, I doubt that we will be able to see the game live in the Dallas area (see Ozzo's post), but i will call a couple of places just in case.

ArlingtonTexan
08-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah - to give y'all a heads up on sports bars, A-Tx and I found this out last year that they get the NFL ticket, but that doesn't include the preseason games. So if it's not national / shown in your area on standard tv, you're out.

Best bet would be to wait till the regular season to get the groups together. Make sure to have Ker's at least once in the rotation, since it was the birthplace of our GTG's.

For meet locations, click on the link in post #2 above, then in that link - scroll down to post #12 to see the different spots we went to last year and what was thought about them.

the sports bar tour of Dallas was fun last year, but i don't see it again for me. As we found out during the tour various bars have catered to specifc teams. with the Texans having a legitimate chance of being good, I hope to make somewhere "our" place.

Big Poundcake
08-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Is Ker's in Arlington?

ArlingtonTexan
08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Is Ker's in Arlington?

There is one in Arlington that we went once a couple of year back, but at the time it was not convient as we had guys driving from all over the Metroplex. The one that was home was the North Dallas/irving location. I would keep the Arlington on the radar, but it is along that part of I30 that is under massive construction and a pain to get in and out of.

that reminds me, one thing that we may need to figure out is where is everyone located. Doing a quick glance it seems like we are Fort Worth/Arlington heavy at the moment, but I may be mistaken.

Texan JBZ
08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm at 20 and Forest Hill. Pretty in the middle of everything.

Big Poundcake
08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm going to be in Arlington near the UT-Arlington campus.

grinch1134
08-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Ker's in Arlington closed.

I'm in east Fort Worth 30 and 820.

ArlingtonTexan
08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Ker's in Arlington closed.

I'm in east Fort Worth 30 and 820.

Not a surprise with that traffic situation and being a stone's throw from Hooters.

ArlingtonTexan
08-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Forgot...I am in far South Arlington.

Texans34Life
08-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Man, I want to hook with fellow Texans fans, but you guys seem too far from me. I'm in the Frisco/McKinney/The Colony area. Anyone up here want to get together during the regular season?

ArlingtonTexan
08-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Man, I want to hook with fellow Texans fans, but you guys seem too far from me. I'm in the Frisco/McKinney/The Colony area. Anyone up here want to get together during the regular season?

Honestly, there are enough Houston area trasplants where we should be able to have 3 or 4 of these over the Metroplex, but it has not worked out that way. Largely, because the Texans have not been good.

The spread part of the reason that we moved around last year as OzzO was in Wiley and we had a couple of in more NE locations. What would be a drive you could make?

Texans34Life
08-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Honestly, there are enough Houston area trasplants where we should be able to have 3 or 4 of these over the Metroplex, but it has not worked out that way. Largely, because the Texans have not been good.

The spread part of the reason that we moved around last year as OzzO was in Wiley and we had a couple of in more NE locations. What would be a drive you could make?

The farthest I've gone down to meet for a game (Texans/Rockets) was 635/75. If I went west, I would go as far as the Lewisville area.

Any farther I have to go, I'd just go to a bar then.

Now for the MNF game, I would definitely meet up, but don't want to go too far south....

Big Tex 13
08-17-2009, 04:42 PM
My brother and I are both huge Texan fans and live in Carrollton. We have season tickets, but for the games we don't make it to, we need a fun bar to hang out at. Are there any fans up in the Carrollton/Addison area? Also, any luck on preseason games in Dallas?

rvguy121
08-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Yawnnnnn! Hello everybody, sorry I haven't posted in over a year, but I had NFL ticket at home and only made one or two watch parties. I will not be able to afford The Ticket this year and so I want to attend the watch parties! Has a permanent site been selected or will there be multiple locations? We live in east Dallas...

This looks like it will be a fantastic season, and I don't want to miss a snap!

Texan JBZ
08-19-2009, 09:28 AM
It looks like we're spread all over the Metroplex. We may have to split up into two different groups for most games, but we all need together for at least a couple of games during the season.

ArlingtonTexan
08-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I have talked with Greg the Manger at Flipps and he would be happy to have us. If he is around he usually does something for the grouup and he said there would be $2 domestic pints during the games on sundays. this is the Grapevine location which all thing considered is pretty central. FWIW he has also opened another one in fort Worth.

OzzO
08-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Good call on Flips A-Tx. If I'm ever up visiting the fam on a football weekend, I'll find y'all.

rvguy121
08-22-2009, 03:25 PM
WW Fairfields in Richardson is wanting to host some of our games as well. It's a nice venue and they have food and pitchers of beer. We could basically have the place to ourselves. This location would be great for thoe of us in the Dallas area!

grinch1134
08-25-2009, 12:11 PM
If we are voting I'm in for Flips and only b/c last year the manager turned the volume up around the bar so we could hear the gameday audio. Also, good food and easy enough to get to. It is near the north end of DFW airport and pretty much centrally located as discussed earlier. It amounts to a 25 minute drive for me, but we are all from Houston and that could very well be across the street.

Texaninlild
08-25-2009, 03:06 PM
I have talked with Greg the Manger at Flipps and he would be happy to have us. If he is around he usually does something for the grouup and he said there would be $2 domestic pints during the games on sundays. this is the Grapevine location which all thing considered is pretty central. FWIW he has also opened another one in fort Worth.

Flipps sounds good to me. I live down south in Mansfield, but the girfriend is in Keller. Since she is forcing me to watch Cowboy games, she will be forced to watch the Texans.:fans:

wagonhed
08-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Hey everyone.

I just moved to Denton (going to UNT) from Austin. I don't mind a drive, I'll go to whichever party has the biggest TV and the most fans.

So basically I'm just posting to say "count me in".

OzzO
08-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Glad to see you made it onto TT, wagonhed.

Errant Hothy
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, I might be around this year, or might not. Sorry about bailing on the old crowd last season, life and what not happened.

If/when y'all meet at Flip's in Grapevine let me know and I might be able to make it out.

OzzO, congrats on the move back to Houston.

wagonhed
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Glad to see you made it onto TT, wagonhed.

Thanks again for directing me here!

I had some trouble registering but here I am.

ArlingtonTexan
08-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Looks like we will try Flips starting the year as one of the locations.

Website with menu

http://www.restauranteur.com/flipspatiogrill/index.htm

Map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Flips+Patio+Grill&city=Grapevine&state=TX&address=415+W+State+Highway+114&zipcode=76051&country=US&latitude=32.924433&longitude=-97.081212&geocode=ADDRESS&id=23431365

It seems like some of the North & East guys want something closer and I am all for having multiple Texans spots and would even make the drive support you guys once or twice in the year.

rvguy121
08-28-2009, 02:42 AM
Grapevine is a real stretch for me...but for all of us in the east and north Dallas, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano, Irving, Garland, Rowlett areas WW Fairfields would like to be considered for hosting us there. The manager/owner would like to know if anyone's interested so they could plan ahead for us.

wagonhed
08-30-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm in Denton and that Flips location looks fine to me...

Are we doing this on Monday?

Texan JBZ
08-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Count me in. I won't be able to make it to the Monday Night game since I'll be in class, but I'll definitely be there for the Jets game.

ArlingtonTexan
08-30-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm in Denton and that Flips location looks fine to me...

Are we doing this on Monday?

Probably should have had a practice run, but that work stuff is interfering for me.

ArlingtonTexan
08-31-2009, 12:03 AM
Grapevine is a real stretch for me...but for all of us in the east and north Dallas, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano, Irving, Garland, Rowlett areas WW Fairfields would like to be considered for hosting us there. The manager/owner would like to know if anyone's interested so they could plan ahead for us.

Website link

http://www.wwfairfields.com/

Mapquest link

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&address=147+N+Plano+Rd&city=Richardson&state=TX&zipcode=75081

If the Saints fans, can have multiple location, real TEXANS should be able to have a few places for some football watchin'.

Texaninlild
08-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Denton from Mansfield is a stretch for me. Can't do Monday nights, but Jets I am there at Flipps Grapevine.

grinch1134
09-04-2009, 07:52 AM
I won't be at the Jets, but I'll see you all at Flips for the Titans

ArlingtonTexan
09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I won't be at the Jets, but I'll see you all at Flips for the Titans

Good deal...see ya in a couple of weeks

For everyone I am going to edit the first post with both locations. This way people do not have to dig the rubble to find out where we are.

If you are going to either location go on and post just so we have an idea of the numbers we are dealing.

Texan JBZ
09-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll be at Flip's AT. Can't wait! I regret not getting one of those burger baskets with the onion rings last time we were there. It looked damn good!

rvguy121
09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
So what is the consensus as far as the where everyone is going to meet? I have not heard anything but Flips so is that going to be "the place"?

barrett
09-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Would you guys say that you have it worse than we do in Austin? My dad lives up there and he says they don't show the Texans games on TV much. We have no press coverage here but the games are usually on TV. Is it true that Dallas has somewhat of a media boycott of Texans football up there?

Texaninlild
09-11-2009, 12:59 PM
So who will be there this weekend?

Texaninlild
09-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I just realized they are playing the game up here, opposite the Cowfries no less. I will be staying home.:fans:

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Would you guys say that you have it worse than we do in Austin? My dad lives up there and he says they don't show the Texans games on TV much. We have no press coverage here but the games are usually on TV. Is it true that Dallas has somewhat of a media boycott of Texans football up there?

The Texans are just another mediocore team in regards to the press coverage in DFW. they don't even get the Astros "oh you are a Texas based team" thing. In terms of TV, the stations generally go with the best national game versus any sort of Texans coverage.

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I just realized they are playing the game up here, opposite the Cowfries no less. I will be staying home.:fans:

Understandable, I am sure that we will get to meet before too long. Win Texans win. :texflag:

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
So what is the consensus as far as the where everyone is going to meet? I have not heard anything but Flips so is that going to be "the place"?

I am hoping that there is more than one Texans "place" this season. I know that there are plenty of Texans fans/ Houston transplants where we should have bars all over the place.

ArlingtonTexan
09-13-2009, 08:51 AM
So is the weather going to keep us away?

Texan JBZ
09-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Not I. But I don't want to be the only one there, so who all is coming?

ArlingtonTexan
09-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Not I. But I don't want to be the only one there, so who all is coming?

me and Mrs AT can be there

OzzO
09-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Y'all have fun up there, drink one for me... I guess that means I need to drink one for each of you.

:toast2:

ArlingtonTexan
09-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Y'all have fun up there, drink one for me... I guess that means I need to drink one for each of you.

:toast2:

Now that's the spirit.

Texan JBZ
09-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Cool deal Sly. My wife is going to meet me up there so that's perfect.

ArlingtonTexan
09-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Cool deal Sly. My wife is going to meet me up there so that's perfect.

see you in an hour

wagonhed
09-13-2009, 11:03 AM
i'm coming!

wagonhed
09-13-2009, 05:03 PM
where was everyone? don't worry, you didn't miss shit.

Texan JBZ
09-13-2009, 07:00 PM
where was everyone? don't worry, you didn't miss shit.

Yeah, except for a bar full of Cowboys fans cheering on a winning a team while three guys in Texans gear looked like fools!

ArlingtonTexan
09-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, except for a bar full of Cowboys fans cheering on a winning a team while three guys in Texans gear looked like fools!

I am now on my 6th season of leaving my houe to watch the Texans and 3rd/4th where i make a significant drive to do so. Pretty tired of spending extra time, money on them.

wagonhed
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM
yeah... that was pretty much it. That old dude sitting two seats down from me took so much pity on us that he paid my tab. :gun:

ArlingtonTexan
09-15-2009, 12:42 PM
A couple of days have halped my spirit for the weekend. Will be there on Sunday, but can't take too much more.

Texan JBZ
09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
I guess I'll show up too Sly. I'm still pretty pissed off, but I can't miss the game.

Texaninlild
09-18-2009, 12:05 AM
I should be there this coming Sunday. No viewing for us in DFW in the safe confines of our homes. If we get ***** slapped again, I don't know how much more I can take. It is one thing to lose a slugfest, but if you are fighting back like someone at a gay slappy festival..it kinda turns your stomach. I thought about burning and burying my Texans gear to release the sissy spirits, but I paid too much for that crap.

grinch1134
09-18-2009, 05:46 PM
I'll be there for at least the first half. I have a prior engagement.

Texaninlild
09-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I guess I'll show up too Sly. I'm still pretty pissed off, but I can't miss the game.

Sly? Sly Stallone is secretly ArlingtonTexan? He is a closet Texans fan?..or just in the closet? :thinking: See you there Rocky. :boxing:

wagonhed
09-19-2009, 10:30 PM
A couple of days have halped my spirit for the weekend. Will be there on Sunday, but can't take too much more.

Are you Sylvester? It was nice meeting you last weekend - this is Ben. If a few more people are gonna show up than last weekend I would love to come again. I can find somewhere to watch it here in Denton but I would PREFER to see it with fans.

Hope the rest of you don't ditch us again this weekend.

PS - the mushroom burger there was incredible

PPS - maybe we can get a better TV this time if more than 3 people show up

ArlingtonTexan
09-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Are you Sylvester? It was nice meeting you last weekend - this is Ben. If a few more people are gonna show up than last weekend I would love to come again. I can find somewhere to watch it here in Denton but I would PREFER to see it with fans.

Hope the rest of you don't ditch us again this weekend.

PS - the mushroom burger there was incredible

PPS - maybe we can get a better TV this time if more than 3 people show up

yeah, that's me...yeah looks like a bigger group for the week.

ArlingtonTexan
09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
We had a good game on this past sunday. As for next week three of us are going to be in Houston. trying to guage the possible turn out. May have a different location for 1 week only depending on the who is available.

Texaninlild
09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
First I want to thank Jeremy and Sylvester for assisting in keeping my cane walking butt off the floor with those bar stools. I had trouble finding my happy place on them.

Sylvester, have you seen the Firehouse Grill next to the theatre in Mansfield? I just got an ad and wouldn't mind trying that if we stay all Southie this weekend. :fans:

ArlingtonTexan
09-23-2009, 12:19 PM
First I want to thank Jeremy and Sylvester for assisting in keeping my cane walking butt off the floor with those bar stools. I had trouble finding my happy place on them.

Sylvester, have you seen the Firehouse Grill next to the theatre in Mansfield? I just got an ad and wouldn't mind trying that if we stay all Southie this weekend. :fans:

If i have the right place in mind, we went to it when it some other name. I would be willing to do that.

rvguy121
09-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Well it looks like our Texans may be headed back on track! Where's the meeting place of choice this week?

wagonhed
09-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Well it looks like our Texans may be headed back on track! Where's the meeting place of choice this week?

Reliant Stadium for at least Jerry and I :texflag:

ArlingtonTexan
09-24-2009, 10:03 AM
I might have a change of plans myself, give me until the end of the day to figure it out.

ArlingtonTexan
09-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Good news is that i am going to be able to go to the game this weekend also. Of course, that means that i am not going to be at the watching party.

I am going to email Greg and let him know that the big group will not be there this weekend unless the remaining guys tell me different sometime today.

Texaninlild
09-26-2009, 11:40 AM
I will be doing the Southie thing and finding a place around Mansfield this weekend.

wagonhed
09-28-2009, 12:23 AM
real glad I made the 5 hour drive for that :texflag:

Texaninlild
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
I liked Firehoue Grill in Mansfield. They have lots of screens with all good views. The seating is spread out and easier for handiman to get around. The only part I did not like is when I went to the ladies room and came back to find the Pats game on my TV. I surprised them when I told them to put my *******ing game back on now. I can be a grumpy camper especially after I have kicked back a few of the finest O'Dooles. :turtle:

ArlingtonTexan
09-29-2009, 03:56 PM
I liked Firehoue Grill in Mansfield. They have lots of screens with all good views. The seating is spread out and easier for handiman to get around. The only part I did not like is when I went to the ladies room and came back to find the Pats game on my TV. I surprised them when I told them to put my *******ing game back on now. I can be a grumpy camper especially after I have kicked back a few of the finest O'Dooles. :turtle:

Glad to see that there is a good option on those weeks we are doing the south Tarrant thing.

ArlingtonTexan
09-30-2009, 08:49 AM
back to flipps again this week????

Texan JBZ
10-01-2009, 06:12 PM
back to flipps again this week????

I'm cool with Flips. I've fell in love with their burgers. Special apologies to wagonhed about last weekend. Hope you got my message. It was a long weekend of drinking in Houston and I didn't have enough left in me to make the tailgate. I'll get you a couple rounds on me if you come to Flips.

grinch1134
10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I'll be there.

Texaninlild
10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Not sure if I will be there. I have been feeling like the Texans run defense all week.

cj5776
10-02-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm cool with Flips. I've fell in love with their burgers. Special apologies to wagonhed about last weekend. Hope you got my message. It was a long weekend of drinking in Houston and I didn't have enough left in me to make the tailgate. I'll get you a couple rounds on me if you come to Flips.

Could you post a link or an address for flips? Thanks

ArlingtonTexan
10-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Could you post a link or an address for flips? Thanks

All the info is on the first post of the thread...hope to see ya on Sunday

wagonhed
10-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I'll be there tomorrow.

If you look at Flips on mapquest, you gotta ignore the side of the street it says it's on. It's wrong. It's on the other side. Next to the Olive Garden and stuff, right on the access road.

rvguy121
10-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Well I stopped by Kers Wing House and watched the game. Sure wasn't like it was last year
when we had lots of Texans fans there....we were the only Texan fans there.

ArlingtonTexan
10-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Well I stopped by Kers Wing House and watched the game. Sure wasn't like it was last year
when we had lots of Texans fans there....we were the only Texan fans there.

Glad you made to the old stumpin' grounds. Did not have a bad experience there and honestly would love to have it as a Texans' option for those who are closer to that area.

Texan JBZ
10-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Is it Flips again this Sunday fellows? If it is, Blue Cheese Bacon Burger here I come!!!:chef:

ArlingtonTexan
10-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Is it Flips again this Sunday fellows? If it is, Blue Cheese Bacon Burger here I come!!!:chef:

I am going to be late, so save me a spot. I have to pick up Mrs. AT from the airport around 3:30ish, which normally would be perfect if it were not a late start.

wagonhed
10-11-2009, 12:30 PM
guess I'll be there again

Texans34Life
10-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey guys, I will finally get to join a Dallas Texans hangout. Finished church and will be leaving in an hour to meet up at Flips!

ArlingtonTexan
10-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey guys, I will finally get to join a Dallas Texans hangout. Finished church and will be leaving in an hour to meet up at Flips!

Glad to met you, hopefully you enjoyed yourself despite the game.

Texans34Life
10-11-2009, 09:12 PM
It was great hanging out with you, Ben and Jerry despite the result. Hopefully the next time I can hang with you guys is a win on MNF vs. the hated ex-Oilers.

wagonhed
10-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Was a pleasure hanging out, Jason.

Texan JBZ
10-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Same here. It was a great time despite the roller coaster ride. Hope to see you again Jason.

ArlingtonTexan
10-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Just making sure we are up for the trip this week.

Texan JBZ
10-17-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll be there AT. Got a good feeling about this game for some reason.

grinch1134
10-18-2009, 09:21 AM
I'll be there

Texan JBZ
10-23-2009, 01:33 PM
So what's the plan for this weekend guys?

ArlingtonTexan
10-23-2009, 04:13 PM
I am planning on being at Flipps

grinch1134
10-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm down for Flipps

Texaninlild
10-30-2009, 11:40 PM
My cousin and I should be there Sunday. He is up from H-town.

wagonhed
11-01-2009, 02:39 AM
My Dad is in town as well and wanted to meet me for lunch, I told him to come to the game. So it'll be me +1.

ArlingtonTexan
11-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I am going to have to fight through death star traffic, so if I am late that what happened.

Texaninlild
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry, ended up meeting my cousin at BW3's in Valley Ranch. There were actually a half dozen or so Texans fans there besides us. I actually liked it there better than Flips.

ArlingtonTexan
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Sorry, ended up meeting my cousin at BW3's in Valley Ranch. There were actually a half dozen or so Texans fans there besides us. I actually liked it there better than Flips.

Yeah, we are not locked into Flipps no matter what. After having the traveling circus last year, i was more committed to establishing a Texans place. While the menu is good combination of quality and variety, the actual game watching experience is not as strong as some other places around.

OzzO
11-02-2009, 01:10 PM
What?!?! Travelling circus?!?!? Why, I oughta.....

;-)

grinch1134
11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm in for this week, just let me know where everyone is planning to go. I will have the little texan with me.

We've all been waiting years for this next game, so lets bring it big.

ArlingtonTexan
11-04-2009, 11:02 AM
What?!?! Travelling circus?!?!? Why, I oughta.....

;-)

oughta come join us some week.

ArlingtonTexan
11-04-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm in for this week, just let me know where everyone is planning to go. I will have the little texan with me.

We've all been waiting years for this next game, so lets bring it big.

I am presuming Flips unless someone has a another plan. Actually thinking a Kerr's rewind trip should happen at some point.

Texaninlild
11-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Staying home to watch it on the Jumbo.

wagonhed
11-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm omw to Flips

ArlingtonTexan
11-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving are we doing anything at Flips or anywhere else this Sunday?

Texaninlild
12-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Anyone going to Flips or elsewhere today?

ArlingtonTexan
12-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Anyone going to Flips or elsewhere today?

I am going to the Mansfield No Frills Grill

Texans34Life
08-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I know the season hasn't started, but I thought I would bump this up for new members who are displaced like in Cowbitches town. Where's the place to be this year that will host us Texans folk?

Texans34Life
09-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Bump. Game time is 6 days away. Where we getting together boys?

ArlingtonTexan
09-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Bump. Game time is 6 days away. Where we getting together boys?

I actually have Rangers/Yankees tickets for this Sunday. Probably need to do the annual none of us live within 30 minutes of each other,location check to help figure out a place.

Texaninlild
09-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Mansfield Southie check :texflag:

grinch1134
09-07-2010, 07:50 AM
I'll be at the game, so I'm out. See you all for the Washington game.

wagonhed
09-10-2010, 03:47 AM
I'm still in Denton. I'll try to check the board again before Sunday morning to see if we are gonna meet somewhere.

If yall wanna pick somewhere last minute, give me a call at 512-961-2716 and let me know please!

wagonhed
09-12-2010, 04:03 AM
last call...

grinch1134
09-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm down this week, so let's plan something. I'll have my little one with me. 3 o'clock game.

ArlingtonTexan
09-16-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm down this week, so let's plan something. I'll have my little one with me. 3 o'clock game.

I hace a busy weekend, but with the game being later it might free me up to head somewhere.

wagonhed
09-17-2010, 12:53 AM
I can't do it this weekend. I'm actually going to miss the first 30 mins of the game or so already.

We should definitely meet up next week for the Cowboys game though. We gotta!

I was at the bar here in Denton last Sunday and someone told me about some place in Dallas that has a crowd of Texans... I don't remember but maybe he said something like "RT bar"? I could be totally off with that name.

grinch1134
09-18-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm going here:

Buffalo Wild Wings
BEDFORD (#0197)
1933 Airport Freeway
Bedford, TX 76021-5732
Phone: 817-283-9464

No use going all the way out to Grapevine.

Texans34Life
09-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Dang, I hope I'm not replying too late.

I want to meet up grinch1134, but that's too far out for me. What's the middle of Plano/Frisco area and Bedford area?

I came out once to see the Texans/Cardinals play last season, but I forgot where that place was.

E-mail (rockets34life@gmail.com) me if I haven't responded on the board before/after 1pm.

Texans34Life
09-19-2010, 02:46 PM
If anyone wants to join us, we will be at BW3 in Grapevine.

Phone: 817-481-9464
1525 William D. Tate
Grapevine, TX 76051-3965

Showtime100
09-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Watch out for homicidal Cowboy fans!!!!!!

spurstexanstros
09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I hope you guys have the best day of work ever..until next week.

ArlingtonTexan
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Okay guys every bar in DFW will have the game next week.... Is there a preference as to where we go or will we represent in our little corners of the Metroplex?

grinch1134
09-19-2010, 09:11 PM
I say we all get together. I can travel.

home fort worth

grinch1134
09-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Anyone have a bar to suggest? I think we have people from Denton, Fort Worth, Arlington and Frisco interested, so somewhere in the middle works.

Texans34Life
09-25-2010, 10:54 AM
So guys, where are we meeting up? wagonhed, what was the place that was filled with Texans fans?

Since I can't afford the crazy ass prices for tickets tomorrow, I want to go somewhere nice, spend a little $, watch the game and rag on some Cowgirls fans!

grinch1134
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM
My vote, since no one else has, is the Tilted Kilt Sports Bar.

It is next to the Buffalo Wild Wings we were at last game.

1041 W. STATE HIGHWAY 114
Grapevine, TX, 76051
817-865-6350 phone

I'm willing to go anywhere else if someone has a suggestion.

Texans34Life
09-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Was there Texans fans there when you were there the last time?

grinch1134
09-25-2010, 10:19 PM
i'm skeptical that there is a mythical bar where Texans gather. This is my 3rd year going to games through the board and in 08 we went everywhere and never found another Texans fan. in 09 we stuck to Flip's which is fine if we want to go there.

Basically, anywhere we go we will be outnumbered 50 to 1. I've never been to the Tilted Kilt, but I just googled bars in the Grapevine area. Grapevine seems central as those that have been in the past have come from Frisco, Dallas, Denton, Mansfield and Arlington.

Anyone want to suggest a different place? I say we pick a place and hope others show up. This happens once every 4 years where are we gonna be.

:texan:

wagonhed
09-26-2010, 01:16 AM
Sorry guys, I'm in Austin this weekend so I won't make it.

Texans34Life
09-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey grinch, I'm still down for meeting there if you're up for it.

grinch1134
09-26-2010, 09:53 AM
sounds good see you at the tilted kilt. I'm going to be there a little early to get a decent table

Texans34Life
09-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Cool, save me a spot.

ArlingtonTexan
09-26-2010, 10:04 AM
I have a pile of work and busy week of persinal errands so I going to stay around home.

Texans34Life
09-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Hopefully there are Texans fans there or we're going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Texans34Life
08-07-2011, 09:54 PM
You guys down for meeting up this year?

Texaninlild
08-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Do we have a single location this year?

I live in Mansfield, so I am a Southie and if the games are televised (I have Uverse not DirectTV) I will most likely watch them from the comfort of my home. Once we have a regular group I wouldn't mind having folks at my house (when games are televised), if you don't mind slumming it in Mansfield.
:fans:

grinch1134
08-08-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm all for meeting up, just let me know what is decided. I'm in east Fort Worth.

Texans34Life
08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
See, I'm the opposite. I'm in North north Dallas. I can jump on 121 and come down to the Coppell location that we had met at before in, but just need heads up before trekking it down there.

If there are any that are up in my area, maybe we can get together at one of these watering hole establishments.

ArlingtonTexan
08-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I am in south Arlington almost able to spit to Mansfield. In the past we resolved travel a couple of ways. We had the one year with the traveling sports bar circus. this was fun but takes a good deal of communication.

In two separate years we had locations. One was at the Kerrs Wing House in north dallas/almost Irving (now closed), while nice and comfortable had a limited menu. the older was Flip's in Grapevine, which was kinda the opposite where we had a better quality of food, but really was not organized in a way for the best comfort for everyone.

My guess is that there is a Texanscentric bar somewhere in DFW, just never gotten a feel where that is. I know there are plenty of Houston/SE Texans who are up here. the key to making our spot besides getting a reasonable drive for the known group is to get a solid base of people probably at least 10 for the bar to pay attention to our money even when a couple of us can't make it on any given Sunday.

Texaninlild
08-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I know I did BW3's in Valley Ranch and saw a few other Texans there. It was comfortable and you know what you are getting.

The Pencil Neck
08-10-2011, 04:53 PM
See, I'm the opposite. I'm in North north Dallas. I can jump on 121 and come down to the Coppell location that we had met at before in, but just need heads up before trekking it down there.

If there are any that are up in my area, maybe we can get together at one of these watering hole establishments.

I'm in Flower Mound but I rarely go to these things. Had a great time at the ONE I went to with ArlingtonTexan, Hoth Boy, Ozzo, and others when we beat the Panthers a few years ago.

I prefer to hole up with my wife in the TV room to watch the games. That way, no one but her sees me cry.

Texans34Life
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm in Flower Mound but I rarely go to these things. Had a great time at the ONE I went to with ArlingtonTexan, Hoth Boy, Ozzo, and others when we beat the Panthers a few years ago.

I prefer to hole up with my wife in the TV room to watch the games. That way, no one but her sees me cry.

I would love to watch football with my wife, but she prefers the "other" football.....which sucks ass.

:wadepalm:

That's why I wanted to get with you guys so I got other compadres next to me rooting on our team.

The Pencil Neck
08-10-2011, 04:57 PM
I would love to watch football with my wife, but she prefers the "other" football.....which sucks ass.

:wadepalm:

That's why I wanted to get with you guys so I got other compadres next to me rooting on our team.

My wife is a real football fan. We've been watching games on Sundays since we got together 25 years ago. It was her idea that we get Sunday Ticket so we could watch all the games at home instead of going to a sportsbar.

NTTexan
08-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Live in Richardson. Looking for places in Dallas area to watch Texans!

ANyone?

House of Pain
08-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Although I live in Houston, my grandparents just moved to Coppell, and now all family events will be taking place there instead of Houston. I know I will be there for Week 1. I was just seeing if any meetup has been confirmed?

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Although I live in Houston, my grandparents just moved to Coppell, and now all family events will be taking place there instead of Houston. I know I will be there for Week 1. I was just seeing if any meetup has been confirmed?

I don't think anything's been planned, yet.

OzzO
08-13-2011, 05:54 PM
The one time where we had the "traveling circus" worked good to accomodate the fans all over the metroplex, but did require a little planning to pull it off. Otherwise, it's gonna have to be a somewhat central location to get all to come out and also have a variety of food groups (other than chicken wings) or you'll get burned out on the food halfway through the season.

It'd be ultimate to develop a home base to build the fan base in DFW. Other team's fans have done so (it seems from visiting various places) there just needs to be a search mission put in place.

I'm back in Houston - good luck in finding the perfect spot.... it is much better to see with a group than by one self at home (you don't have to spend much at the sports bar). My kid still asks if we're gonna get together with a group here like we did in Dallas. ;-)

Texaninlild
08-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have a home we could use? Tailgate @ the casa Texan. Of course this would mean you have DirectTV or the game is actually played on the tube.

ArlingtonTexan
08-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Does anyone have a home we could use? Tailgate @ the casa Texan. Of course this would mean you have DirectTV or the game is actually played on the tube.

My family is trying to run me out of the house on Sundays:whip:

Texaninlild
09-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Did we ever figure anything out?

rush2112mn
09-08-2011, 06:43 PM
I think it would be fun if a bunch of us Texan fans from Houston invaded a Dallas Sports bar for one of our away games.....and took it over on a Sunday....now that would be funny....

CretorFrigg
09-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I just moved to Fort Worth last month, so I'm still trying to find a place where I can watch Texans games.

Texaninlild
09-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Here is the list of folks I gathered from the thread and their relative locations. I also grabbed a list OzzO created on a previous thread. Correct any misinformation. I think something near The Highlands would be good, but a stretch for the Northies.

South
Texaninlild - Mansfield
ArlingtonTexan - Arlington
Texan JBZ - South DFW
Big Pouncake - Arlington

West
CretorFrigg - Ft Worth
grinch1134 - Ft Worth
Hoth-Boy - Keller

North
NTTexan - Richarson
Texans34Life - Frisco/McKinney/The Colony
thunderwolf - Denton
rvguy121 - Richardson
wagonhed - Denton

Central
The Pencil Neck - Flower Mound
Big Tex 13 - Carrolton

cj5776 - ?

From OzzO:
Locations in DFW-

Twin Peaks - Arlington
Bone Daddy's - Dallas though I can't tell if they have the games there.
Wizard's Sports cafe - Richardson - 2nd WIN Det home game, good size and pool tables
Buffalo Wild Wings - Irving, Addison, Lewisville - Indy home game in Irving, good place.

... the search continues. Let me know if any (or all) of those meet your fancy. And where the heck is A-Tx?

Found a few more alternatives listed in the '07 DFW watch party thread.

Big Johnson's beer garden - Dallas
Buffalo Joes - Dallas - Browns game - WIN, good "strip center" sports bar
TNT Sports Page - Addison though this seems to be Viking fans homebase
Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas - 3rd WIN in a row! Cincinnati home game - better than MAT, packed with 'boy fans
Varsity Club - Plano

some more...
Bailey's 1st & 10 - Highland Park
Industry Bar - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern - uptown Dallas - Pit game, good place, but you'd think more than one waitress for Sundays
Ten Sports Grill - downtown dallas - Jag away game - good place, but all the smoking Saint fans go there
Wild Turkey- Dallas

Others suggested / found.....
Cafe Gecko - Addison
Ker's Wing House - Dallas Miami home game - 1st WIN (good juju)
Texan Station - Grapevine
Flips Grill - Grapevine - Titan away game, good food and service. 2nd visit - Min away
Bobby V - Arlington
No Frills - Arlington

OzzO
09-09-2011, 06:32 PM
go, Tx in lild, GO!

ArlingtonTexan
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Here is the list of folks I gathered from the thread and their relative locations. I also grabbed a list OzzO created on a previous thread. Correct any misinformation. I think something near The Highlands would be good, but a stretch for the Northies.

South
Texaninlild - Mansfield
ArlingtonTexan - Arlington
Texan JBZ - South DFW
Big Pouncake - Arlington

West
CretorFrigg - Ft Worth
grinch1134 - Ft Worth
Hoth-Boy - Keller

North
NTTexan - Richarson
thunderwolf - Denton
rvguy121 - Richardson
wagonhed - Denton

Central
Big Tex 13 - Carrolton

cj5776 - ?

From OzzO:
Locations in DFW-

Twin Peaks - Arlington
Bone Daddy's - Dallas though I can't tell if they have the games there.
Wizard's Sports cafe - Richardson - 2nd WIN Det home game, good size and pool tables
Buffalo Wild Wings - Irving, Addison, Lewisville - Indy home game in Irving, good place.

... the search continues. Let me know if any (or all) of those meet your fancy. And where the heck is A-Tx?

Found a few more alternatives listed in the '07 DFW watch party thread.

Big Johnson's beer garden - Dallas
Buffalo Joes - Dallas - Browns game - WIN, good "strip center" sports bar
TNT Sports Page - Addison though this seems to be Viking fans homebase
Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas - 3rd WIN in a row! Cincinnati home game - better than MAT, packed with 'boy fans
Varsity Club - Plano

some more...
Bailey's 1st & 10 - Highland Park
Industry Bar - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern - uptown Dallas - Pit game, good place, but you'd think more than one waitress for Sundays
Ten Sports Grill - downtown dallas - Jag away game - good place, but all the smoking Saint fans go there
Wild Turkey- Dallas

Others suggested / found.....
Cafe Gecko - Addison
Ker's Wing House - Dallas Miami home game - 1st WIN (good juju)
Texan Station - Grapevine
Flips Grill - Grapevine - Titan away game, good food and service. 2nd visit - Min away
Bobby V - Arlington
No Frills - Arlington

I would not be opposed to a place near or in the Highlands...

I have been to Pluckers and while they have the game, they pre-select the screens for the games so we may or may not get a good one. Not sure whatelse is sports barish versus a bar with tv sets around there though.

Bobby V is just a couple of exits away as an option.

Edit: For those South or don't care about driving, I go to No Frills in Mansfiled for the game and as my neighborhood bar. It is already a heavy Cowboys/Saints bar, but friendly enough where a few more Texans fans would fit right in. That's my plan most weeks unless we can agree trying on take over somewhere in the area.

Texaninlild
09-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Which No Frills do you go to? I might end up there as well if we do not work out a spot.

grinch1134
09-10-2011, 09:59 AM
I can hang with the south boys as my house is very near 820 and 20. This week I'm probably out, but I will try to make it to no frills if I can. Sucks that they decided to skip the opener on NBC after they found out about the foreheads status.

GuerillaBlack
09-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm in Arlington, too. Was disappointed when CBS switched to Pitt/Balt, but I knew it was going to happen. Always seem to switch out of the Texans game midweek. And the Highlands sounds like a good idea. I live just a few exits west of there.

ArlingtonTexan
09-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Which No Frills do you go to? I might end up there as well if we do not work out a spot.

Matlock and Debbie Lane...Mansfield.

Texans34Life
09-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Alright, I guess I'll hang with the North and Central crew, if you guys are up for it.

North
NTTexan - Richarson
thunderwolf - Denton
rvguy121 - Richardson
wagonhed - Denton

Central
Big Tex 13 - Carrolton

Have you guys heard of any good spots in our vicinity?

Texaninlild
09-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Matlock and Debbie Lane...Mansfield.

I plan on trying to make it to No Frills tomorrow after church.

Texans34Life
09-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Also, for you guys who have DIRECTV, if you're staying at home, Sunday Ticket is free this week. So for disappointment of the PIT/BAL switch, we can still catch the game!

CretorFrigg
09-11-2011, 04:11 PM
So...was Sunday Ticket messing up for anyone during the first half?

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2011, 04:36 PM
So...was Sunday Ticket messing up for anyone during the first half?

Not at the bar i was...were you at home?

Texans34Life
09-12-2011, 10:04 AM
No, not for me and I was at home.

ADTpaul
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Howdy yall ! I've been a Houstonian for 27 years and just moved up to DFW area. Euless checking in.

Texans34Life
09-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Anyone meeting up this Sunday? It would be nice if the North/Central side can meet up, but looks unlikely.

BlueSteel
09-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Howdy yall ! I've been a Houstonian for 27 years and just moved up to DFW area. Euless checking in.

I am in the Richland Hills area and just moved here about 4 months ago. I am down for driving ANY distance within the DFW metroplex as long as it is within reason.

I need to find a Texan friendly place for days when my wife doesn't feel like catching the game with me. I hate going out by myself to watch games. :)

BlueSteel
09-18-2011, 11:42 AM
I just called the Buffalo Wild Wings in Bedford and they said that they plan to have the Texans game on in their Party Room after the Saints fans leave after the morning game.

Hope to see some fans there!!! :)

ArlingtonTexan
09-18-2011, 06:33 PM
I just called the Buffalo Wild Wings in Bedford and they said that they plan to have the Texans game on in their Party Room after the Saints fans leave after the morning game.

Hope to see some fans there!!! :)

Missed this before I left today, but I am willing to drive to Bedford if this is a good experience for everyone.

grinch1134
09-18-2011, 06:50 PM
I'll be in Nola next week for the game, but the steelers game is a go for me.

BlueSteel
09-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Missed this before I left today, but I am willing to drive to Bedford if this is a good experience for everyone.

This appears to be the Saints homebase in the Fort Worth area or something. The entire place was shut down for them at noon. I would be down with heading to a different location next week if there is a fan favorite. My wife and I need to find a solid hang out to catch the games at.

CretorFrigg
09-18-2011, 10:35 PM
This appears to be the Saints homebase in the Fort Worth area or something. The entire place was shut down for them at noon. I would be down with heading to a different location next week if there is a fan favorite. My wife and I need to find a solid hang out to catch the games at.

There appears to be a few Texans fans at Buffalo Wild Wings on South Hulen street.

We need to establish ourselves somewhere. It doesn't matter where!

BlueSteel
09-19-2011, 07:27 AM
There appears to be a few Texans fans at Buffalo Wild Wings on South Hulen street.

We need to establish ourselves somewhere. It doesn't matter where!

The Bedford Wild Wings is 100% claimed by the Saints fans. They even had saints stuff hanging on the walls there.

If we decide on something I will show up. I don't want to sit and hold hands with all of you, but I would love to have other fans cheer like idiots so that I do not look so crazy when I scream alone. :)

ELVIS
09-20-2011, 07:24 AM
im in carrollton and hoots in lewisville has the texans game on every sunday. not always with sound but it beats not being able to see the game.

god bless.

Texans34Life
09-20-2011, 08:30 AM
im in carrollton and hoots in lewisville has the texans game on every sunday. not always with sound but it beats not being able to see the game.

god bless.

I would feel like a red-headed stepchild watching the game there.

Yeah, put me in a corner and tell me "You can see the game, but only on mute. But we'll make your stay here enjoyable by taking all your money while you feel like shit....okthxbye".

F That. Elvis, start looking for another place. I'm pretty sure you can find one that will let you watch with sound.

ELVIS
09-20-2011, 08:41 AM
I would feel like a red-headed stepchild watching the game there.

Yeah, put me in a corner and tell me "You can see the game, but only on mute. But we'll make your stay here enjoyable by taking all your money while you feel like shit....okthxbye".

F That. Elvis, start looking for another place. I'm pretty sure you can find one that will let you watch with sound.

its close to the house, and i can usually talk the manager into the sound as long as the cowgirls arent on. What place has the game with sounds every week??

god bless.

Texans34Life
09-20-2011, 09:34 AM
In that area and where I live, I haven't found anything. There's been more luck on the south and southwest side.

There seems to be a few guys up in our area, but haven't heard anything from them on getting together. So I've been watching it at the casa.

ArlingtonTexan
09-20-2011, 10:48 AM
its close to the house, and i can usually talk the manager into the sound as long as the cowgirls arent on. What place has the game with sounds every week??

god bless.

This is going to be the arrangement pretty much anywhere even when we are established. The Cowboys will always get sound priority. what to look for is a sizable television in a good location. There are places who had mini-sound boxes for an area, but the overall noise usually overrides this.

That said, the Texans/Cowboys don't cross that often in realtive terms.

BlueSteel
09-21-2011, 09:02 PM
This week's game is on TV, but if we can get a few people together I will show up. If we could find a centralized location that might help get some more numbers. The more fans in a group, the easier it is to take over a section of TVs and sound! :)

CretorFrigg
09-24-2011, 11:21 PM
This week's game is on TV, but if we can get a few people together I will show up. If we could find a centralized location that might help get some more numbers. The more fans in a group, the easier it is to take over a section of TVs and sound! :)

They're going to broadcast it on CBS in D/FW?

:splits:

BlueSteel
10-01-2011, 03:07 PM
The game is not on TV this week, anyone going to be out watching the game tomorrow?

Texaninlild
10-01-2011, 04:46 PM
The game is not on TV this week, anyone going to be out watching the game tomorrow?

If we go tomorrow to watch the game it will be the BW3 in Mansfield. It is the most comfortable for me without smelling like an ashtray. The wife still needs to see Da Girls play tomorrow. Usually steeltown (kinda annoying) is plentiful no matter which sports bar it is.

grinch1134
10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Is that at 287 and Debbie

Texaninlild
10-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Is that at 287 and Debbie

Yep

BlueSteel
10-02-2011, 08:03 AM
If we go tomorrow to watch the game it will be the BW3 in Mansfield. It is the most comfortable for me without smelling like an ashtray. The wife still needs to see Da Girls play tomorrow. Usually steeltown (kinda annoying) is plentiful no matter which sports bar it is.

That will be about a 30 minute drive for me, but the BW3 up here is overrun with Saints fans that like to run around with flags when their team scores.

My wife and I may swing down to Mansfield just for a change of pace. :)

BlueSteel
10-02-2011, 11:44 AM
We got a late start so we went to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Bedford instead.

No matter where you guys are watching... have fun!!! :)

ArlingtonTexan
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM

WEre you guys able to meet?

Texaninlild
10-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I was there with my wife, but I do not know if the several other Texan fans there were from the board.

grinch1134
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I could only stay for a half as I took my 4 yr old son. On the way home he said dad I'm sad because Andre got hurt. He was only saying what I was thinking.

Texaninlild
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I could only stay for a half as I took my 4 yr old son. On the way home he said dad I'm sad because Andre got hurt. He was only saying what I was thinking.

So Mario and Andre sitting in front of us were the grinch-

BlueSteel
10-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Woohoo!!! The game is on locally again this week.

I guess it helps when the Texans are winning.

Texaninlild
10-09-2011, 09:27 AM
When was the last time we saw this much rain????? I think I lived in H-town then.

ArlingtonTexan
10-09-2011, 10:26 AM
When was the last time we saw this much rain????? I think I lived in H-town then.

I am not going to complain after this summer

CretorFrigg
10-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Are they airing the game tomorrow in D/FW?

Texaninlild
10-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Yes, they are.

grinch1134
10-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Anyone heading out tomorrow?

Texaninlild
10-30-2011, 09:25 AM
I should be @ BW3 in Mansfield off 287 today. Maybe we can get the sound.

ArlingtonTexan
10-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I should be @ BW3 in Mansfield off 287 today. Maybe we can get the sound.

I can be there also.

grinch1134
10-30-2011, 10:21 AM
I'll be there

CretorFrigg
10-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Why the heck are they playing the 0 win Miami team instead of the Texans?

Texaninlild
10-30-2011, 12:13 PM
I was booted out BW3 for arguing about the big screen and the sound. They are playing New York/Miami. I came to KG Sports Grill. They cater to you here but it is 18 and over because it is a smoking environment. Mansfield ordinance apparently

ArlingtonTexan
10-30-2011, 04:21 PM
I was booted out BW3 for arguing about the big screen and the sound. They are playing New York/Miami. I came to KG Sports Grill. They cater to you here but it is 18 and over because it is a smoking environment. Mansfield ordinance apparently

Just re-post what I type in the separate thread

I wondered why you weren't there. They also put signs up about game location and the sound are manager's decision. Makes sense, now. BTW, there were at least 12-15 Texans fans at one point. Another guy complained to the waitress as it "not making sense" because of the crowd that was in the location.

CretorFrigg
10-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Maybe we can find another location...the Mansfield location sounds hostile. I'm still new here and trying to find my place as a Texans fan.

ArlingtonTexan
10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Maybe we can find another location...the Mansfield location sounds hostile. I'm still new here and trying to find my place as a Texans fan.

Were you there today, just curious?

Texans34Life
10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
You guys are always welcome to come up North.... :)

CretorFrigg
10-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Were you there today, just curious?

No, I wasn't. I usually go to the BWW on S. Hulen.

ArlingtonTexan
10-31-2011, 06:09 PM
No, I wasn't. I usually go to the BWW on S. Hulen.

That's probably doable for me some weekend.

ArlingtonTexan
10-31-2011, 06:11 PM
You guys are always welcome to come up North.... :)

Remind me, where do you go again?

Texans34Life
10-31-2011, 07:05 PM
I haven't found a spot up in my area. All the guys who are in my area are not interested from what it seems like in this thread.

If there are enough people from the south that want to meet up, I like Wizards off 75 and Spring Valley. Big screen TVs, pool hall, chicks in short skirts/Catholic school outfits, etc.

grinch1134
11-01-2011, 03:57 PM
If there are enough people from the south that want to meet up, I like Wizards off 75 and Spring Valley.

That is nearly Oklahoma, right?

It's too bad that Texaninlild had a problem at BW3 b/c ArlingtonTexan is right, the dining area would have been empty if the Texans fans all got up and left. I bet if we all as a group were there the audio issue may have been better.

Texans34Life
11-01-2011, 04:04 PM

It's too bad that Texaninlild had a problem at BW3 b/c ArlingtonTexan is right, the dining area would have been empty if the Texans fans all got up and left. I bet if we all as a group were there the audio issue may have been better.

Frisco/The Colony/Allen is south Oklahoma. You guys near Mexico, right? :bender:

http://www.yougotschooled.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CMon-Man-300x200.png

Texaninlild
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM

The general manager left me a message on my cell phone. He said he is in training and would call me back Thursday. We will see what we can workout. I will use my handicap card if I need to. I am not done with Randy.

grinch1134
11-02-2011, 07:52 AM
There is no chance of audio anywhere we go this week as we play at the same time as the boys. CBS has an early game, but it looks like it will be Den/Oak accourding to the506.

Texaninlild
11-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I had the 70" and sofa @ KG Sports Grill all to myself on Sunday vs. Brownies. It was kinda nice.

ADTpaul
11-23-2011, 09:59 PM
draft picks in dallas? 703 Mckinney Ave, Dallas, TX

grinch1134
12-26-2011, 06:08 PM
So, I'm trying my best to get tix to the wild card game, but I know I'll probably not end up going. I was checking to see who would be interested in meeting up for the game and where.

ArlingtonTexan
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
So, I'm trying my best to get tix to the wild card game, but I know I'll probably not end up going. I was checking to see who would be interested in meeting up for the game and where.

I am actully going to be in downtown fort worth on Saturday afternoon/night will be close to Frankie's sports bar and grill.

grinch1134
01-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I got tix through ticketmaster, so I won't be making it after all.

ArlingtonTexan
01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
I got tix through ticketmaster, so I won't be making it after all.

Well, good for you. Enjoy, I went to the Panthers game so can't do another trip at the moment.

Texans34Life
01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
AT, I want to meet up with you to watch the game, but it would take me at least an hour or more to get to your location.....plus, I won't be leaving my house until after the game starts....

If there was a central location b/t Fort Worth and the North Dallas location, I would be willing to make the drive. But Fort Worth is tough.

If there are North Dallas users that want to meet up, I know a couple of peeps that are wanting to meet up in the Addison area. PM me for more info.

ArlingtonTexan
01-03-2012, 04:44 PM
AT, I want to meet up with you to watch the game, but it would take me at least an hour or more to get to your location.....plus, I won't be leaving my house until after the game starts....

If there was a central location b/t Fort Worth and the North Dallas location, I would be willing to make the drive. But Fort Worth is tough.

If there are North Dallas users that want to meet up, I know a couple of peeps that are wanting to meet up in the Addison area. PM me for more info.

yeah, I am stuck because Mrs. AT has planned and is paying for the weekend (not kidding).

Short answer is that I can meet anyone at Frankies, so if you can get there :texan::logo:

ArlingtonTexan
01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Bumping for Frakie's in Fort Worth and 4 Life possible meet ups.

Texans34Life
01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Our location for tomorrow:

Buffalo Wild Wings
5000 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75001

Anyone is welcome to join!

ADTpaul
01-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Kinda far for me. I will be cheering from Euless!! Go TEXANS!!!:toropalm::d:

Texans34Life
01-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Kinda far for me. I will be cheering from Euless!! Go TEXANS!!!:toropalm::d:

AT is going to be at Frankie's in Downtown Fort Worth if you can't make it to Addison.

Showtime100
01-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Make some Texan noise in JarrahLand fellers!!!

ArlingtonTexan
01-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Make some Texan noise in JarrahLand fellers!!!

:woot::pepper::piano:

BTW, No one I knew but there was a sizable, vocal enough Texans crowd at the bar I was.

Errant Hothy
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Sorry guys but I came home from work on Friday to the wife handing me tickets for my self and our two boys. Was an epic weekend to say the least.

wagonhed
01-09-2012, 11:04 PM
hey everyone. do yall have plans for Sunday? i've been watching games in Denton kind of by myself but I'd love to meet up and watch together if you guys are doing anything.

Ben

ArlingtonTexan
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
I am planning to be at No Frills Bar and Grill in Mansfield, but may convinced to travel

dbrown010
01-12-2012, 12:35 PM
If you are in the downtown/uptown area I'll go to either Christie's or the MAT to watch the TEXANS whoop ass on Baltimore... I have some other fellow TEXAN fans with me.

Texans34Life
01-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Anyone meeting up for tomorrow's game?

DFWRocket
01-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Anyone meeting up for tomorrow's game?

Hmm...that Moniker looks vaguely familiar.

ADTpaul
01-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Hanging out in Euless, TX about to watch the Texans beat the Patriots! Go Texans!!!:swatter::fans:

CretorFrigg
09-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Bump. Any place I can watch Texans game in Fort Worth at a Texans friendly establishment?

Everywhere I go, the Texans get the tiny 24" TV with no sound...