PDA

View Full Version : Charles Spencer Signing with UFL Orlando

CloakNNNdagger
07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Good luck, Charles.

Former NFL offensive lineman Charles Spencer and Kevin Sampson have agreed to contract terms with Orlando of the newly formed United Football League, their agent, Joe Linta, told Scout.com.

Spencer, 27, who is expected to play left tackle for Orlando, was originally selected by the Houston Texans in the third round of the 2006 draft, won a starting job as a rookie, but suffered a serious knee/leg injury which put him on injured reserve after just two games. Spencer spent time with the Carolina Panthers during the off season of 2008 and was on the Jacksonville Jaguars active roster for several weeks, but he's only played in just two games as a professional.

LINK (http://hou.scout.com/2/880833.html)

PapaL
07-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Best wishes to The Big Nasty!

edo783
07-22-2009, 10:18 PM
I hope you do well big guy.

Ckw
07-22-2009, 10:19 PM
What might have been?

Honoring Earl 34
07-22-2009, 10:26 PM
What might have been?

What do you think his do overs might be ?

Ckw
07-22-2009, 10:40 PM

1. Get out of the way of Ron Dayne
2. Get out of the way of Ron Dayne
3. Oh and, get out of the way of Ron Dayne

Would you add anything?

Honoring Earl 34
07-22-2009, 10:51 PM
1. Get out of the way of Ron Dayne
2. Get out of the way of Ron Dayne
3. Oh and, get out of the way of Ron Dayne

Would you add anything?

1. Have the FB block Ron Dayne .
2. Put quicksand in front of Ron Dayne ( no he wasn't running in quicksand , it just looked like it ) .
3. Let Seth Wand play the first couple of games until Ron Dayne got hurt .

Ckw
07-22-2009, 11:16 PM
1. Have the FB block Ron Dayne .
2. Put quicksand in front of Ron Dayne ( no he wasn't running in quicksand , it just looked like it ) .
3. Let Seth Wand play the first couple of games until Ron Dayne got hurt .

Very nice. Rep.

Man that guy showed some promise. Too bad Dayne had to ruin it. Or like you said, if only it could have been that other worthless draft pick Seth Wand. Man those drafts in our early years were pathetic. Its so nice to at least be arguing over players that have shown a little something like Okoye, Brown, Barwin, etc. instead of suffering through Wand, TJ, Gaffney, etc.

Runner
07-23-2009, 08:05 AM

Get off the line on the snap count, rather than be so late that he's pushed 2-3 yards into the backfield on a running play?

He was pretty raw to be starting on day one anyway.

There is plenty of blame to go around on that freak accident, if people have to blame someone.

Honoring Earl 34
07-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Get off the line on the snap count, rather than be so late that he's pushed 2-3 yards into the backfield on a running play?

He was pretty raw to be starting on day one anyway.

There is plenty of blame to go around on that freak accident, if people have to blame someone.

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1538/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1538R-49951.jpg

Runner
07-23-2009, 08:55 AM
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1538/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1538R-49951.jpg

I'm not the one pining away for an unproven rookie lineman three years later. :)

I had that dark cloud painted over my head during the pre-season when I pointed out how slow Spencer was off the line. I knew if I looked at his good plays and ignored his bad ones I would have had him in the Pro Bowl too. I just couldn't do it.

Spencer will always be a fan favorite because fan expectations never met reality. Don't get me wrong - I think he would have been pretty good; I just wasn't ready to put him into the Hall of Fame based on a nasty nickname and a couple of pre-season games against second/third stringers.

chicagotexan2
07-23-2009, 08:59 AM
As good as our 96 draft class was, it could've looked even better had he not gotten hurt. I wish him well.

Honoring Earl 34
07-23-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm not the one pining away for an unproven rookie lineman three years later. :)

I had that dark cloud painted over my head during the pre-season when I pointed out how slow Spencer was off the line. I knew if I looked at his good plays and ignored his bad ones I would have had him in the Pro Bowl too. I just couldn't do it.

Spencer will always be a fan favorite because fan expectations never met reality. Don't get me wrong - I think he would have been pretty good; I just wasn't ready to put him into the Hall of Fame based on a nasty nickname and a couple of pre-season games against second/third stringers.

He was a big , strong mauler , who would be a better fit as a guard with Dallas IMO . Since he got hurt in his 2nd game I'll say he was the 2nd coming of Art Shell for his misfortune .

swtbound07
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
As good as our 96 draft class was, it could've looked even better had he not gotten hurt. I wish him well.

apparently i missed a ton of texans football...

brakos82
07-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Either that or he's thinking the Oilers' '96 draft... :thinking:

badboy
07-23-2009, 01:00 PM

Spencer will always be a fan favorite because fan expectations never met reality. Don't get me wrong - I think he would have been pretty good; I just wasn't ready to put him into the Hall of Fame based on a nasty nickname and a couple of pre-season games against second/third stringers.Put de lime in de coconut and drink it right down.

painekiller
07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Put de lime in de coconut and drink it right down.

Here you go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbgv8PkO9eo)

chicagotexan2
07-23-2009, 03:32 PM

06 smart ass.

chicagotexan2
07-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Either that or he's thinking the Oilers' '96 draft... :thinking:

or it was a typo smart ass 2.0

nunusguy
07-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Good luck in Orlando Charles !

brakos82
07-23-2009, 04:55 PM
I'll tell you what... I hope that the UFL gets a Texas team soon.

Battle Red Flash
07-24-2009, 02:25 PM
GOOD LUCK, BIG CHUCK! Dang, I wish big Dayne had not hit his knee.