PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Fodder from Steve Slaton

DocBar
07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I really like this kid. If he can stay healthy, he can go far in this league.http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-07-21/qa-withtexans-rb-steve-slaton

beerlover
07-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Q: You're a smaller back at 5-9 and 215 pounds. What are the challenges you have in preserving yourself?

A: I think the challenge I have is just getting out of the way and not taking those big hits. That's the biggest thing that you can do to help yourself survive as a running back. And I think that's why some of the bigger backs don't last. They take too many big hits. So I try to use my speed to my advantage and not take those hits.

I did not realize Steve added 14 lbs. (listed 201)? I knew he looked heavier but that's alot of addtional weight to carry, I was thinking more around 208-209 would be ideal.....

michaelm
07-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Q: When people have scouted you, what is the biggest thing they've missed?
A: Me being a competitor. I love to compete, and that's what makes a football player.

Love it...

Carr Bombed
07-22-2009, 04:12 PM
I did not realize Steve added 14 lbs. (listed 201)? I knew he looked heavier but that's alot of addtional weight to carry, I was thinking more around 208-209 would be ideal.....

Yeah, the weight gain kinda worries me. Slaton's biggest strengths were his quickness and elusiveness........I hope this weight gain doesn't have too much of a effect on that or we could be seeing a sophmore slump this year.

Vinny
07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah, the weight gain kinda worries me. Slaton's biggest strengths were his quickness and elusiveness........I hope this weight gain doesn't have too much of a effect on that or we could be seeing a sophmore slump this year.
Men's bodies don't stop filling out and thickening till about the age of 25. It's like a dog is full grown by 1, but at 2 yo, your dog will be thicker and more muscular than he was at 1. A guy in his early 20's generally has a much different look to Men in their late 20's even though he may have stopped his vertical growth years ago.

Carr Bombed
07-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Men's bodies don't stop filling out and thickening till about the age of 25. It's like a dog is full grown by 1, but at 2 yo, your dog will be thicker and more muscular than he was at 1. A guy in his early 20's generally has a much different look to Men in their late 20's.

Yeah I know, but I just hope it doesn't have a effect on his quickness......I remember when he was in college he put on some pounds going into his junior year and it had a effect on his production. (one of the reasons why he was there in the 3rd round)