PDA

View Full Version : Graham Harrell Set to go to CFL

Goldensilence
07-17-2009, 02:03 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4332177

I guess it was to hard to shed the perception about the offense at Tech.

Mari-OWNED!
07-17-2009, 03:07 AM
The Cleveland Browns gave him a shot, but I guess he just couldn't get it done.

I think he will make a good CFL quarterback though.

Mr teX
07-17-2009, 09:22 AM
How much shot could he have gotten having not even been afforded an opportunity to participate in his 1st training camp?

Let him go to the CFL & get his Doug Flutie on..

badboy
07-17-2009, 10:05 AM
I read just last week that he had turned a contract down for Canadian football.

gwallaia
07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
There must have been a reason 32 NFL teams passed on him for 7 rounds.

Mr teX
07-17-2009, 01:53 PM
There must have been a reason 32 NFL teams passed on him for 7 rounds.

nfl scouts dont know anymore how a guy is gonna turn out than we do. especially if u still have 32 teams passing on a guy 6 times each & he winds up becoming arguably the best qb this era. if i were say the bronco's or rams i'd bring him to camp to compete for a job he couldn't much worse tahn anybody they have.

Vinny
07-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I knew a kid that dominated all of us in the 8th grade but defenses grew bigger and more sophisticated at the next level and as an aside, he was the first guy with facial hair in my class.

HOU-TEX
07-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I knew a kid that dominated all of us in the 8th grade but defenses grew bigger and more sophisticated at the next level and as an aside, he was the first guy with facial hair in my class.

I think most of us had experiences with a guy or two like that in Junior High.

I, for one, grew almost 6 inches from 8th grade football season to my Freshman season. I enjoyed returning the beat down he gave fellow teamates the previous year. The difference was, there were a handful of others that grew during that timespan too. So it was a beat down X10.

The dude didn't finish his Freshman season. He quit!

bah007
07-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Harrell doesn't have the arm strength to throw a 15 yd out against NFL DB's. That's why nobody wanted him. The Browns brought him in as a camp arm and saw the same thing that everyone else did so they let him go.

That doesn't mean he can't have a successful career wherever he does end up though.

dc_txtech
07-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Harrell doesn't have the arm strength to throw a 15 yd out against NFL DB's. That's why nobody wanted him. The Browns brought him in as a camp arm and saw the same thing that everyone else did so they let him go.

That doesn't mean he can't have a successful career wherever he does end up though.

co-signed

I love the guy and what he did at Tech but this is the truth.

Yankee_In_TX
07-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Harrell doesn't have the arm strength to throw a 15 yd out against NFL DB's.

Can you explain that? (I never played football)

Thanks.

dc_txtech
07-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Can you explain that? (I never played football)

Thanks.

The WR runs 15 yards downfield then makes a quick cut toward the sideline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_(route)

It's a tough throw to make because not only does it need to go 15 yards but also needs to go 20+yards to the sideline. It also has to have a lot of zip on it and be very accurate or the CB will easily jump the route. It takes a strong and accurate arm to make that throw and very few college QB's can do it.

Yankee_In_TX
07-17-2009, 06:02 PM
It's a tough throw to make because not only does it need to go 15 yards but also needs to go 20+yards to the sideline. It also has to have a lot of zip on it and be very accurate or the CB will easily jump the route. It takes a strong and accurate arm to make that throw and very few college QB's can do it.

So the strength is moreso to get the zip and accuracy? That makes sense. I didn't understand why he wouldn't have the arm strength to throw a ball 15-20 yards. Rep coming your way.

dc_txtech
07-17-2009, 06:20 PM
So the strength is moreso to get the zip and accuracy? That makes sense. I didn't understand why he wouldn't have the arm strength to throw a ball 15-20 yards. Rep coming your way.

Exactly.

bah007
07-18-2009, 04:15 PM

dc txtech hit the nail right on the head. Harrell can obviously throw the ball 20+ yards. But does he have the zip to get a 15 yd out to his WR when they are being covered by Terence Newman or Asomugha? Not a chance.