PDA

View Full Version : Why so few Open TC practices???

CloakNNNdagger
07-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Is it just me, or have we not seen a diminishing of the Texans opening their arms to their fans. I find it curious that the front office has chosen this year-by-year apparent declining trend for their loyal fan base. Could it be that they fear telegraphing spies amongst us? :mcnugget:

Texan_Bill
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Is it just me, or have we not seen a diminishing of the Texans opening their arms to their fans. I find it curious that the front office has chosen this year-by-year apparent declining trend for their loyal fan base. Could it be that they fear telegraphing spies amongst us? :mcnugget:

:foottap: Cloak and Dagger???

:whip:

Yankee_In_TX
07-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Because Kubiak hates open TC practices, IMHO. When he first took over, there were rumors of that he wanted to close it off entirely. But that's 10th hand rumoring, who knows.

painekiller
07-15-2009, 10:37 AM

Or could it be the number of practices has decreased? The team is not having evening practices for the most part. So they do not have the available practices.

nunusguy
07-15-2009, 12:28 PM

Couldn't agree more CloakNNNdagger. It's very obvious what the trend is.
And with the Saints coming to town for some joint practices including scrimmages with the Texans, I was really hoping and expecting we'd get to view some of that action.
No doubt its all about Kubiak. Well it's his team, if he can make the team winners then its a small price to pay. If he fails, maybe the next HC will be more open with practices.
BTW I understand some teams have no fan restrictions during TC. They are all open.

NitroGSXR
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Couldn't agree more CloakNNNdagger. It's very obvious what the trend is.
And with the Saints coming to town for some joint practices including scrimmages with the Texans, I was really hoping and expecting we'd get to view some of that action.
No doubt its all about Kubiak. Well it's his team, if he can make the team winners then its a small price to pay. If he fails, maybe the next HC will be more open with practices.
BTW I understand some teams have no fan restrictions during TC. They are all open.

I'm going to a couple of practices myself. I went a couple years ago too. Really enjoyed seeing our players on the field. I really like the idea of open practices.

But..

If Kubiak doesn't like the open practices, then I'll get behind that. Whatever he thinks is best for the team getting better is what I'm going to get behind.

HOU-TEX
07-15-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm going to a couple of practices myself. I went a couple years ago too. Really enjoyed seeing our players on the field. I really like the idea of open practices.

But..

If Kubiak doesn't like the open practices, then I'll get behind that. Whatever he thinks is best for the team getting better is what I'm going to get behind.

Did you already receive the tickets?

NitroGSXR
07-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Did you already receive the tickets?

No but I trust that you'll send them unless you were not able to get me more?

HOU-TEX
07-15-2009, 02:19 PM
No but I trust that you'll send them unless you were not able to get me more?

I sent 4 for the Monday practice and 2 for the Sunday

76Texan
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM

I think all of the Pats' practices are open to the public, and they'll have two a days. Somebody isn't afraid of spies! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Battle Red Flash
07-17-2009, 10:10 AM

'Cause Kubes wants to get his illegal blocking drills on! :shades:

gary
07-19-2009, 10:18 AM
I like the idea of having open practices and seeing the players afterwards but if Kubes feels this is better for the team then I'm ok with it. I'd rather be seeing the Texans and meeting them at better times and better places anyway like an SB paraed.

NitroGSXR
07-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Can anyone tell me about being an ambassador? What does that mean and how does one become one? I'm trying to better arm myself so I can get some autographs this time around. A couple of years ago I had problems at a training camp and I'm jusr wanting to be better armed with information...

Anyway, ambassadors are talked about on the training camp information page.

Wolf
07-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Houston Texans Training Camp Open Dates

July 31 8:30-10:45 a.m.

Aug. 1 8:30-10:45 a.m.

Aug. 2 8:30-10:45 a.m.

Aug. 3 8:30-10 a.m.

Aug. 6 7:15-9:15 p.m.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/220418-texans-tiptoe-towards-training-camp

Kimmy
07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Can anyone tell me about being an ambassador? What does that mean and how does one become one? I'm trying to better arm myself so I can get some autographs this time around. A couple of years ago I had problems at a training camp and I'm jusr wanting to be better armed with information...

Anyway, ambassadors are talked about on the training camp information page.

These are usually former players :)

TexanBacker93
07-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I wonder if the weather also factors into things. It's dang out there and an open practice means the players are outside more. A closed practice and they can use that fancy bubble.

Kimmy
07-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Is anyone going Thursday night?