PDA

View Full Version : Another Okam sighting

Goldensilence
07-12-2009, 05:30 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3246&play_clip=y

Good interview. Only good things can happen to this team if Okam can step up and into a more prominent role on the DL. Got an interesting tidbit on on Demeco working on blitzing. I'm hearing all the right things I'm just hoping to see major progress by the time TC and the preseason rolls around.

barrett
07-12-2009, 05:45 PM
I loved the bit about 'Meco but as far as Okam.... see you Sunday buddy.

CloakNNNdagger
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
This time he basically mentioned lining up to rush the QB, as well as tying up 2 players, which ever the coaches ask him to. This will tend to change according to the opponent and the situation. But the neat thing is that this time he mentioned that they were playing him at the 3-technique (where he would be expected to run the gap between the guard and tackle).

dalemurphy
07-13-2009, 04:10 AM
This time he basically mentioned lining up to rush the QB, as well as tying up 2 players, which ever the coaches ask him to. This will tend to change according to the opponent and the situation. But the neat thing is that this time he mentioned that they were playing him at the 3-technique (where he would be expected to run the gap between the guard and tackle).

In the 4-3 Under alignment, the NT often plays shading to the weakside of the Center. From there, he can either attack the center, shoot the gap, or atttempt to tie up the center and guard. I would expect that is where he would make an impact on this defense if he gets his game together. That, and also situationally in short yardage and goal line situations potentially lining up anywhere inside the tackles.

johndoe
07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
The greatest point I got from the interview was when he reassured everyone that he has the desire that it takes to play the game. A lot of people, including myself, often question his commitment; I'm glad he came out and addressed the issue.

Kaiser Toro
07-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Nice interview, I liked hearing his take on the rookies.