PDA

View Full Version : Texans Rookies Bond during NFL Rookie Symposium

nunusguy
07-08-2009, 09:17 AM
That was the No. 1 thing I feel the best about,” Caldwell said. “All of us went down there and had a great time together and joked around, cut up and also learned a lot together. A lot of things that I didn’t know about the guys before, like where they are from, their family situations and stuff like that, we got that all on the table. Now, I feel a closer bond to my teammates.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5364
Good little story to read from the Texans' website as we work our way to TC.

Silver Oak
07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
good to see that financial sense is being preached to all NFL rookies. I hope most, if not all take it to heart.

El Tejano
07-08-2009, 10:19 AM
That was the No. 1 thing I feel the best about,” Caldwell said. “All of us went down there and had a great time together and joked around, cut up and also learned a lot together. A lot of things that I didn’t know about the guys before, like where they are from, their family situations and stuff like that, we got that all on the table. Now, I feel a closer bond to my teammates.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5364
Good little story to read from the Texans' website as we work our way to TC.

Wow! For some reason when these guys were drafted, I got that team feel out of all of them. I've mentioned before that there seems to be an overall attitude change with our team this year.

nunusguy
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Nolan and Cushing were pleasantly surprised. Not only did they enjoy hearing from speakers like Mike Tomlin, Eddie Royal, Marcellus Wiley, Jerome Bettis, Nnamdi Asomugha and Cris Carter, they ended up close friends.

"Troy Nolan and Brian Cushing became really good friends," cornerback Glover Quin said. "When Brian left to go back to New Jersey, Troy got sad and wasn't his usual upbeat self. At the airport, he put on his headphones and just listened to music. We started telling him that he had a man-crush on Brian."
I dunno, too much camaraderie ?

m5kwatts
07-08-2009, 02:48 PM
The Cushing-Nolan thing is really funny...Its the Pac-10 connection if ya ask me...funny how all our rookies were razzing him for that though good stuff

Mari-OWNED!
07-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Troy Nolan has a man crush on Brian Cushing! Haha, it's really nice to hear about players really connecting, because you don't really hear many stories about that reported.