PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Season Tickets help...

NitroGSXR
07-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm a proud NEW season ticket holder and I'd like to see if anyone can help me on information as to getting these ticket rights transferred over to me from the previous buyer. No PSL. These seats are up high and outside the PSL seating areas. Just season tickets. I've emailed the Texans from their website but no response in two weeks. I kinda don't want to get on the phone with them. It's a bit of a hassle but if that's what I gotta do then that's what I gotta do... just am hoping for an email address...

Also.... any idea exactly when tickets will be mailed out? I got my frame ready and all...

GO TEXANS!!!

Honoring Earl 34
07-03-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm a proud NEW season ticket holder and I'd like to see if anyone can help me on information as to getting these ticket rights transferred over to me from the previous buyer. No PSL. These seats are up high and outside the PSL seating areas. Just season tickets. I've emailed the Texans from their website but no response in two weeks. I kinda don't want to get on the phone with them. It's a bit of a hassle but if that's what I gotta do then that's what I gotta do... just am hoping for an email address...

Also.... any idea exactly when tickets will be mailed out? I got my frame ready and all...

GO TEXANS!!!

Congrats , someone will answer you with some information , they always do .

TxDavid
07-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Non-PSL season tickets are not transferable. Only PSLs may be transfered.

Edit - The texans are really good with customer service. You can try calling them for more details, but I'm fairly certain they only transfer PSL rights. The tickets are not actually transfered, they are a by-product of the PSL. The texans number is: 832-667-2002

PS..Tickets will be mailed in July.

NitroGSXR
07-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Edit - The texans are really good with customer service. You can try calling them for more details, but I'm fairly certain they only transfer PSL rights. The tickets are not actually transfered, they are a by-product of the PSL. The texans number is: 832-667-2002

I sure hope this isn't correct. I trust the seller but i'd like for all coresondence from the Texans for these tickets to be with me from now on since I expect to be sitting in these seats for the next few lifetimes. I sure hope you're wrong...

Appreciate the number. Thanks, mate!

texanmojo
07-04-2009, 08:50 AM

That may be true but I think you can "sign over" the account to someone else. I have had the same non-PSL seats since the stadium opened, and I seem to remember I could change the person who is in charge of my account if I wanted to.

Do you still have access to the seller? Maybe a joint conversation (of some type) with the seller, you and the Texans ticket office can get you what you want.

I would believe the Texans would rather have a season ticket holder who renews vs trying to have to sell those tickets again next season.

texanmojo
07-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Did you use this email address?

ticketing@houstontexans.com

It's always worked for me when I have had a question.

TxDavid
07-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I went digging through my Texans files and found this in the Fan Guide:

From page 12 of the 2008 Houston Texans Fan Guide under Season Ticket Information:

"Non-PSL accounts are nontransferable. Non-PSL season tickets revert back to the Texans in the event of cancellation. Only account holders owning a PSL can sell their seats or transfer them to other individuals."

You're best option is to call the Texans office and explain everything to them. I'm sure they will do their best to assist you.

sakebomb
07-05-2009, 09:32 AM
They should work with you. They did for me in the past regarding this very issue.

ubecool454
07-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I sure hope this isn't correct. I trust the seller but i'd like for all coresondence from the Texans for these tickets to be with me from now on since I expect to be sitting in these seats for the next few lifetimes. I sure hope you're wrong...

Appreciate the number. Thanks, mate!

He is not wrong....Seasons tickets are not transferable but who knows...they may do it for you since we know that the waiting list is fake..lol

NitroGSXR
07-05-2009, 08:48 PM
That may be true but I think you can "sign over" the account to someone else. I have had the same non-PSL seats since the stadium opened, and I seem to remember I could change the person who is in charge of my account if I wanted to.

Do you still have access to the seller? Maybe a joint conversation (of some type) with the seller, you and the Texans ticket office can get you what you want.

I would believe the Texans would rather have a season ticket holder who renews vs trying to have to sell those tickets again next season.

I have no doubt the seller will confirm the sale with the Texans.

I've sent them an email to the address you gave me. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly. I'd be stunned if they decided not to honor my request to have the rights transferred over to me.

I appreciate all the info from everyone who posted in this thread! Hopefully it'll all work out.

Drew_Smoke
07-06-2009, 07:46 AM
If you paid the seller for the tix, is he not just gonna send them to you when they come?

If so...they will still be his tix. And if (trying not to jinx us) they make the playoffs the seller will get the option of buying them.

That's what it sounds like. Especially when you said you got no reply from the Texans.

Speedy
07-06-2009, 09:52 AM
If you paid the seller for the tix, is he not just gonna send them to you when they come?

If so...they will still be his tix. And if (trying not to jinx us) they make the playoffs the seller will get the option of buying them.

That's what it sounds like. Especially when you said you got no reply from the Texans.

Just something to be aware of.....even if the seller does send you the tickets, as has been said, they are non-transferable, and therefore the seller still has access to them via his online account with the Texans. He can print those tickets out himself on his computer and when that is done, it voids the original ticket.

I learned this the hard way, unfortunately. It was an Astros game, but it all works the same way. You buy a ticket from someone, they send you the original, then they go to their online account and print off the ticket to use it themselves or resell it, and your original tickets are voided.

Probably not going to be a problem in this case, 'cause the original ticket holder would lose his account with the Texans, I'm sure, but just something to be aware of for anybody buying tickets out there.

NitroGSXR
07-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I have no doubt whatsoever the seller will give them to me as well as try to get the Texans to transfer them. He's a honorable guy. That is not a concern of mine.

Good info for other buyers though! Hope to hear from the Texans today or tmw.

Yankee_In_TX
07-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I have no doubt whatsoever the seller will give them to me as well as try to get the Texans to transfer them. He's a honorable guy. That is not a concern of mine.

Good info for other buyers though! Hope to hear from the Texans today or tmw.

Eastiest thing, which has been said before and unfortunately is not the easiest thing for you, have someone call the Texans for you - make sure he or she has everyone's name's, addresses, account numbers, etc., and have them find out what you need to do.

Unfortunately your e-mails may be getting lost in the shuffle. Sorry I have no actual idea what the rules on non-PSL seat transfers are or I'd be more help.

eriadoc
07-06-2009, 01:30 PM
I just thought I'd chime in with my experience. Over the years, I have found that customer support over the phone is top notch at the Texans office. E-mails and letters are OK, but they are really helpful and efficient over the phone. I understand your situation may necessitate some other solution, but I just thought I'd mention it.

texanmojo
07-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I just thought I'd chime in with my experience. Over the years, I have found that customer support over the phone is top notch at the Texans office. E-mails and letters are OK, but they are really helpful and efficient over the phone. I understand your situation may necessitate some other solution, but I just thought I'd mention it.

I second your comment. I have felt the same way when I have had to call.

gary
07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I just thought I'd chime in with my experience. Over the years, I have found that customer support over the phone is top notch at the Texans office. E-mails and letters are OK, but they are really helpful and efficient over the phone. I understand your situation may necessitate some other solution, but I just thought I'd mention it.Nitro is deaf so calling is not an easy thing for him to do otherwise I'm sure he would call the org. I am just trying to help out.

awtysst
07-06-2009, 07:58 PM

GO TEXANS!!!

Congrats on being a new season ticket holder! Enjoy the games with the family!

NitroGSXR
07-07-2009, 07:44 PM
The two posters who stated that the Texans do not transfer season tickets are correct.

I spoke with a woman named Katie with ticketing. She stated that they do not do this for NON-PSL seats but they'll make an exception for me and go ahead and allow the seller to transfer them to my name after he sends them a letter. Perfect. Could not be happier.

Once again, the Texans organization is leaps and bounds what one could ask from a business. A total class act. They could have made this a difficult transaction for me. It was well within their power. Huzzah, Texans!
--A fan for life!

Hardcore Texan
07-07-2009, 08:25 PM
The two posters who stated that the Texans do not transfer season tickets are correct.

I spoke with a woman named Katie with ticketing. She stated that they do not do this for NON-PSL seats but they'll make an exception for me and go ahead and allow the seller to transfer them to my name after he sends them a letter. Perfect. Could not be happier.

Once again, the Texans organization is leaps and bounds what one could ask from a business. A total class act. They could have made this a difficult transaction for me. It was well within their power. Huzzah, Texans!
--A fan for life!

Awesome man! Congrats on the tix.

texanmojo
07-07-2009, 09:08 PM

--A fan for life!

I think that is what they always did. They would much rather have a person who will renew those seats next year. Glad to hear those seats will be yours.

TxDavid
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Congrats Nitro! Glad it all worked out.

FILO_Doc
07-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I second your comment. I have felt the same way when I have had to call.

I agree totally with you. We bought an extra seat in our area and someone else bought 3 or 4 but ours was a couple of seats away from my son and I and they put us in touch with the other owner and we worked it out between us. This year we did the same thing but he didn't re up his tickets so they gave it to us.

The wife wanted one ticket in her name so we changed one from my name to her name without any problems or issues.

I want to give a big KUDOS to the Texans Customer service/Season ticket people. They have always been more than helpful and will do everything they can to help you out.