PDA

View Full Version : "THE FRIDGE" World Famous NFL FB Stricken........

CloakNNNdagger
07-03-2009, 06:58 PM
........by a potentially devastating nerve disease.........Guillain-Barre syndrome. Good luck on your recovery, big guy.[LINK] (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8111c245&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

WWJD
07-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Andy Griffin had that disease but he recovered.

Hopefully this will be something the Fridge can conquer as well. Poor man.

CloakNNNdagger
07-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Andy Griffin had that disease but he recovered.

Hopefully this will be something the Fridge can conquer as well. Poor man.

Unfortunately his weight will not be helping his recover, even at his "slimmer" 275 pounds. The resultant weakened muscles will be much more difficult to functionally come back from when saddled with that type of weight, as opposed to the 160 pounds Andy was carrying around.

mexican_texan
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
From what I've heard, he's been in bad health for a while now. I hope he pulls through, but like Cloak said, his weight isn't helping. I haven't read the article, but I did recently hear he's been in a wheelchair for months now.

WWJD
07-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Unfortunately his weight will not be helping his recover, even at his "slimmer" 275 pounds. The resultant weakened muscles will be much more difficult to functionally come back from when saddled with that type of weight, as opposed to the 160 pounds Andy was carrying around.

I THINK I remember Johnny Cash being incorrectly diagnosed with this disease...not sure though.

I hope Fridge gets better..

CloakNNNdagger
07-03-2009, 08:52 PM
I THINK I remember Johnny Cash being incorrectly diagnosed with this disease...not sure though.

I hope Fridge gets better..

You're correct. Johnny Cash ended up having another nerve disease........
"autonomic neuropathy."

IlliniJen
07-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Get well soon, Fridge. You were a big part of what made being a Bears fan so great back in the day.

WWJD
07-03-2009, 09:05 PM
You're correct. Johnny Cash ended up having another nerve disease........
"autonomic neuropathy."

Well good..the memory does work from time to time. Saw that on one of those BIOGRAPHY shows.

Vinny
07-03-2009, 11:11 PM
hate to say it but I'm kinda surprised he is still alive, health issues and all. People that large don't tend to live long lives. Keep on chuggin' fridge.

WWJD
07-03-2009, 11:32 PM
hate to say it but I'm kinda surprised he is still alive, health issues and all. People that large don't tend to live long lives. Keep on chuggin' fridge.

How heavy is he? Didn't he play at 300 plus pounds?

Irregardless it's sad he's so ill. He's not that old...this has been a bad week hearing about people dying and being ill and all.

StarStruck
07-03-2009, 11:45 PM
My memory could be a bit off, but I thought I saw him on tv a few years ago and that he owned a restaurant. Seems that he was still quite large and had a lot of teeth missing. I checked it out, and found that he introduced a brand of barbecue sauce, but was in the construction business.

I recall when he played both offense and defense and would be called on in first and goal plays. He was also one who had a personality that you liked him even if not a Bears fan.

CloakNNNdagger
07-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Irregardless it's sad he's so ill. He's not that old...this has been a bad week hearing about people dying and being ill and all.

More like 300 plus plus plus. He played his entire career between 360 and 380.

WWJD
07-04-2009, 09:10 AM
More like 300 plus plus plus. He played his entire career between 360 and 380.

Holy moly..thanks..didn't realize he was that large.

Vinny
07-04-2009, 09:21 AM

he played over 350 and once he stopped working out he was over 400. A recipe for not getting to 50. Most 300+ pounders don't make it to old age, regardless of body type.

WWJD
07-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Frankly I don't even see how those really big heavy guys get thru training camps.