PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What's the roughest part of the NFL year for YOU?

GP
07-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Just wondering what stretch of time is the hardest for Texans fans.

Since we're anxious about Training Camp, and still have several weeks to go, I thought this would be a good, non-combative way to vent some frustrations and talk amongst all us Texans counselors!

So vote, and tell us what option you picked and why.

brakos82
07-03-2009, 12:43 AM
I voted Draft to TC.... because abso-friggin'-lutely nothing happens. At least before the draft we have 34,000,000 mocks and free agency.

GP
07-03-2009, 12:47 AM
I voted Draft to TC.... because abso-friggin'-lutely nothing happens. At least before the draft we have 34,000,000 mocks and free agency.

That's what I voted for, too.

There's a lot of debate during the lead-up to the draft, sort of like Christmas Eve. And just like you play with Christmas toys and run all the fun out of them within a few days, the time between the draft and TC gets old very quickly.

We know what we have. Most of them wait awhile before signing. And we'd just generally like to see the team in pads and on the field again.

Mari-OWNED!
07-03-2009, 12:52 AM
I voted for the entire offseason. It's just really killing me right now...

NEB74
07-03-2009, 12:53 AM
from OTA's til training camp cause nothing happens and there's nothing NFL related on

GP
07-03-2009, 01:21 AM
I voted for the entire offseason. It's just really killing me right now...

Then find a hobby. Pansy.

Just kidding.

Won't be around the boards until next week. Have a good and safe 4th of July everyone--And I'm looking at YOU, Mr. Benson....:shades:

jppaul
07-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Honestly, the scraps of the NFL that exist in the time between season are like methodone for a heroin addiction, but right now I feel like I am in withdrawls.:chickendance:

Corrosion
07-03-2009, 03:51 AM
In a normal year I'd say the time between the draft and training camp .... This year I gotta go with the playoffs , especially the Superbowl .... Having to watch the team I hate the most win another one over a team than has been pathetic for a decade .... ugh. :gun:

Just once I want to see my favorite team playing for this thing ....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Superbowl_Trophy_Crop.jpg

steelbtexan
07-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I voted for between draft and TC.

The worst time of year for football is now between OTA's and TC.

I'm ready for some football.

Dan B.
07-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I voted time between draft and TC too. What I'm wondering is:

Are we voting for that time because it's really the worst? Or because right now we are in that time period, just days from TC?

BSofA04
07-03-2009, 01:11 PM
I voted the time between the Super Bowl and the Draft. Knowing that I wait sooo long for the season to begin, when it's finally over it's hard for me to accept it! The draft just seems like eternity away. I keep myself sane by going to numerous mocks.

Dan B.
07-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I voted the time between the Super Bowl and the Draft. Knowing that I wait sooo long for the season to begin, when it's finally over it's hard for me to accept it! The draft just seems like eternity away. I keep myself sane by going to numerous mocks.

That's kind of what I meant with my previous question. If this poll had been held a few weeks before the draft, with everyone giddy over who we're gonna take, are we gonna trade up/down, etc., I think more people would agree with you. If it had been asked the day after we got knocked out of the playoffs (hey, I can dream -- it's all hypothetical), there'd be a lot of people voting for the "Playoffs: We're not in it, so we watch other games " option.

Showtime100
07-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Between training camp and the regular season for me. The summers keep me more than busy with baseball and once training camp comes along I can taste the coming season. By then I'm ready for some football.

Ryan
07-03-2009, 02:36 PM
From draft to training camp for me. I get very impatient and there's really nothing football related going on except the annual Brett Favre fiasco.:gun:

Mr teX
07-03-2009, 02:47 PM
the dog days begin for me right after the superbowl b/c i realize i won't see any quality football for a couple of months. By the time OTA's roll around i'm jumping around like a teenage girl at a jonas brothers concert..

NitroGSXR
07-03-2009, 03:03 PM
For me, it's the bye week. I frigging hate flipping on the TV knowing that the Texans do not play for another whole week while watching the rest of the league play football. Ugh. It's like a week with a hole in my throat.

Not having the Texans play during football season.... ugh!

Buffi2
07-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Draft to TC. There is soo nothing football related going on - it makes me a little crazy. It is fishing season, which is good, but it ain't football. For some reason, this year seems worse than years' past to me.

m5kwatts
07-03-2009, 04:24 PM
The offseason period. In fact, this thread is making it even worse by rubbing it in :gun:

Giant Tiger
07-03-2009, 11:33 PM
I went with the draft to TC, but for me the worst is the draft to July. I watch the CFL until TC for some football fix. I'm watching the Saskatchewan- BC game right now (25-14 Sask.), but BC is on the 6 yard line... they just scored a TD-missed the 2 point conversion, so 25-20 now :tv:

Vinny
07-03-2009, 11:44 PM
right now...the nsz forum is like watching Bill Murray's Groundhog day with the same characters spewing the same posture on the same issues over and over and over. It's like nobody thinks for themselves and we have nothing but people spewing partisan talking points from talk radio and the blogosphere. I'd talk more football but I'm really more into breaking down what I saw as opposed to talking about what the team is going to do with players I haven't seen play...oh, I should have just let them freeze me and I wouldn't be mr grumpy pants in the offseason. I'd just have another month to defrost and I'd be good.

IlliniJen
07-04-2009, 12:02 AM
If I could cryogenically freeze myself during the offseason, I would.

BRING ME BACK MY FOOTBALL! (channeling Mel Gibson from one of his bad movies)

nunusguy
07-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Even though it's gonna be a long 4 weeks until TC begins, it does begin at the end of "THIS MONTH", which represents the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel" for me. Then we'll start getting daily reports about individual players, who is the most impressive, who is the least impressive, etc. The worst is now behind us.

ArlingtonTexan
07-04-2009, 08:45 AM
In terms of the lack of games, news, and info, the end of mini-camp to the start of training camp.

In terms of what i read on this board, the end of the season to the draft.

Corrosion
07-04-2009, 08:55 AM
I voted time between draft and TC too. What I'm wondering is:

Are we voting for that time because it's really the worst? Or because right now we are in that time period, just days from TC?

I dont think its just because we are in that period of time .... Its the lack of Football related news and team coverage during this period of the offseason.

right now...the nsz forum is like watching Bill Murray's Groundhog day with the same characters spewing the same posture on the same issues over and over and over.

The NSZ has been that way as long as .... forever. Although there are usually a few fresh faces who pop in during the season.

hawk258
07-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I chose from the Draft To TC, but what I really mean is the Draft to the start of the season. This off season I feel confident about our playoff chances. I think we drafted well and I like the look of our team going in. That makes it tougher to count down the days to week one kickoff. I just want to see Schaub play all 16 this year.