PDA

View Full Version : Five Questions (a piece on yahoo sports)

Texanmike02
07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aojf038CNCd1AC8ZDvgnarpDubYF?slug=ys-bowentexans070109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

5. Can we finally expect this team to make a run at the postseason?

Every year, this is someone’s “surprise team” when it comes to preseason predictions, and according to NFP’s Michael Lombardi, I’m not only on the Texans’ bandwagon – I’m driving it as well.

This team is prefect for fantasy football, but is suspect when it comes to real football on Sundays. The Texans put up enormous stats on offense and have maybe the best overall receiver in the game in Andre Johnson(notes). However, their defense is – and always will be – a question mark. Until they prove otherwise.

The AFC South is by no means a lock for the Titans to repeat. And yes, the Texans are definite contenders, but so are Indianapolis and Jacksonville. So, can the Texans do it? Can this club really be a complete football team? Because that’s what it’s going to take for them to move from an offensive showcase on paper to a playoff team.

But do I still like this team going into 2009? Enough to pick them as AFC South champs? Not just yet, but enough to expect to see them playing football in January.

More national press... and more of what we know.

Mike

m5kwatts
07-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Whose this guy's editor? Matt Cushing?!? And no mention of Antonio Smith in the 2nd question about rushing the passer?

Texanmike02
07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
No. Good point. Its just good to read positive stuff about the Texans. I know its more prevalent than it used to be but it still feels good.

Mike

m5kwatts
07-01-2009, 10:32 PM
No. Good point. Its just good to read positive stuff about the Texans. I know its more prevalent than it used to be but it still feels good.

Mike

Oh I agree its just fun ripping on some of the morons they have writing for yahoo

steds
07-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Matt Cushing?!?
"Shit. We drafted the wrong Cushing!"

hawk258
07-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree with m5kwatts. Antonio Smith is a much better pass rusher than we had In Anthony Weaver. Having Antonio will make it even tougher for O' lines to keep Mario from the quarterback