PDA

View Full Version : Titans RBs Tagged "Dumb and Dumber or.......

CloakNNNdagger
06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
as suggested by coach Fischer after Johnson wants to get away from his "dash" label and create his own inflated and truly egotistical one......just the type of "team player" other players want to go to war with.

FISHER JABS AT JOHNSON'S NEW NICKNAME (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090624/SPORTS01/90624088/1027/Fisher+jabs+at+Johnson+s+new+nickname)

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher isn’t sure if his Pro Bowl running back fits his new, self-proclaimed nickname.

“Every Coach’s Dream?’’ Fisher said with a smile Wednesday. “Maybe with a few exceptions — playing the bongos … and getting hurt in the playoff game.’’

Ouch.

One day after Chris Johnson killed the “Smash and Dash” nickname he shared with fellow running back LenDale White, and branched out on his own with “Every Coach’s Dream,” there were plenty of one-liners to go around.

Fisher got in on the banter with digs at Johnson for his ankle injury in last season’s playoff loss to the Ravens, and for his drum-banging touchdown celebration that resulted in a penalty flag and a fine.

Johnson and White created the “Smash and Dash” moniker last season as they combined for 2,001 yards and 24 rushing touchdowns.

“I’m sure they’ll come up with something else,” Fisher said. “Dumb and Dumber or something.’’

Meanwhile, Johnson and White continued to take somewhat playful jabs at one another.

Johnson said he feels he needs his own identity after rushing for 1,228 yards and nine touchdowns. White is resisting the divorce — after all, the nickname resulted in national attention and T-shirt sales.

“You know how when you have a little brother and he gets beat up his whole life and then you grow up and are bigger than him and he can’t beat you up any more? I think that is what he is going through right now,’’ Johnson said. “LenDale is having a hard time handling it all.’’

White called Johnson a “coach’s pet’’ and said last year’s success went to his head.

“He is a little delirious. When he wakes up out of the dream he’ll be all right,’’ White said. “And the one thing about dreams is they are not real. So if you’re the coach’s dream, you are not real. …

“I don’t know him right now. I think it’s the Pro Bowl stuff — ya’ll created somebody we don’t want to see.’’

Linebacker Keith Bulluck shook his head. He’s started 113 consecutive games, so he could be considered a coach’s dream, too.

“How many straight games for me?’’ Bulluck said. “I could be a pain in the (butt) for sure. But for the most part you want a guy like that.’’

Texan_Bill
06-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Ha! Funny article. It would also be funny to see Johnson fall flat on his face this season.

thunderkyss
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Have we got a nickname for Steve Slaton yet?

I like SS (Super Sport)

CloakNNNdagger
06-25-2009, 10:06 AM
That's sort of the point........as we have discussed in other related Defense, Offense and player nickname threads, it's not up to the player to apply his own nickname...........that's up to his team mates or fans (and it usually comes "naturally). I guess, Chris Johnson is practicing for his wrestling debut, where you choose and market your own mantra..........Ocho Stinko should be waiting there for him with open arms.

Honoring Earl 34
06-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Ha! Funny article. It would also be funny to see Johnson fall flat on his face this season.

How Chris Henry jr. ?

Wolf
06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I like Sir Herv's knighting of "Lard and Tard" on a post many moons ago

DiehardChris
06-25-2009, 10:46 AM

I like SS (Super Sport)

The Texans "blogosphere" has been calling him Stevie Wonder since mid-season last year. Super Steve was a consideration, but Super Mario has dibs on that.

Double Barrel
06-25-2009, 10:55 AM

lol: Well done, Sir Herv!

spurstexanstros
06-25-2009, 11:00 AM

I like SS (Super Sport)

I like "Cold Speed" Slaton...but that name will probably be plagarized by Barrett (again)

Hardcore Texan
06-25-2009, 11:30 AM

Best one ever. I might have even stole it once or twice.

CloakNNNdagger
06-25-2009, 11:40 AM

I, too, really thought that was a great monicker.

The "Dumb and Dumber" label of Fisher, though, had to be based on the following facts. LW almost lost 2005 eligibility due to his academic problems.
CJ's initial Wonderlic score was 10, making him immediately eligible for the Tacks, and to be teamed up right there with VY and LW.

"Lard and Tard" is still the king monicker but with the new developments "F..ked up and Stuck up" cannot be far behind.

ESAD2-14
06-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Johnson and White created the “Smash and Dash” moniker last season as they combined for 2,001 yards and 24 rushing touchdowns.

I thought the Panthers RB tandem (Stewart/Williams) first came out with that? Johnson/White then ripped it off?

CloakNNNdagger
06-25-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought the Panthers RB tandem (Stewart/Williams) first came out with that? Johnson/White then ripped it off?

Panthers, Titans both claim 'Smash and Dash' (http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/dec/13/panthers-titans-both-claim-smash-and-dash/sports-professional/)

Wolf
06-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Earl Campbell was "smash and dash" all others are just wannabe's and can't hold his jock and he was one person that could do it both
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKtv4gxuvQ&feature=related

TimeKiller
06-26-2009, 02:16 PM
"fast food"
"drum roll"
"ouch and pouch"

or just simply "stupid ass and fat ass"

hyuck

HOU-TEX
06-26-2009, 04:05 PM
"fast food"
"drum roll"
"ouch and pouch"

or just simply "stupid ass and fat ass"

hyuck

I'll take "stupid ass and fat ass" for a $1000, Alex.

texasguy346
06-26-2009, 04:18 PM
How about "Fatboy - Slim"
http://www.ilbaluardo.com/Cover/Audio/F%20-%20G%20-%20H/FATBOY%20SLIM%20-%20You%27ve%20come%20a%20long%20way%20baby%20-%20Front.jpg

Yankee_In_TX
06-26-2009, 04:33 PM
that's up to his team mates or fans (and it usually comes "naturally).

I agree 100% and am NOT a fan of the "let's name our ____ and spread the word and take signs to the stadium threads."

If it happens, it happens.

Ryan
06-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Brad Evans of Yahoo! Fantasy calls Slaton "The Slasher" i believe.

gg no re
06-26-2009, 07:07 PM
In Madden I created two RBs named Smith and Wesson.

Then one of them had to go ruin everything by holding out for more money