PDA

View Full Version : T.o. Biaaatched

CloakNNNdagger
06-23-2009, 07:44 AM
T.O.'s expression is priceless:

T.O. Gets T-Owned (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/22/to-gets-t-owned/)

Finally, someone has done something that Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and Tony Romo have each failed to do.

Terrell Owens has been put in his place.

The author of the T.O. verbal smackdown is Joanna Krupa, a Polish-born model who is T.O.’s teammate on the ABC ’70s-throwback reality competition Superstars.

For the first time in his life, Owens is speechless.

But Krupa isn’t speechless, and so we suggest turning down the speakers or ushering the kids out of the room before she makes like Kramer at the dentist’s office.

WATCH THE VIDEO (http://withleather.uproxx.com/2009/06/joanna-krupa-has-solved-terrell-owens)

Texecutioner
06-23-2009, 09:47 AM
I guess this means that we'll be seeing TO for years on reality shows. I really wish this reality show sage would die at some point but unfortunately I think these god awful shows are going to be around for the next 10 to 20 years where the most annoying people will continue to stick around.

The Pencil Neck
06-23-2009, 11:51 AM
I guess this means that we'll be seeing TO for years on reality shows. I really wish this reality show sage would die at some point but unfortunately I think these god awful shows are going to be around for the next 10 to 20 years where the most annoying people will continue to stick around.

This sort of stuff comes and goes in cycles.

But stars whose fame is fading will always find some show or another to appear on. When sitcoms are king, then they'll show up on sitcoms. When game shows are king, they'll show up on game shows. When reality shows are king, they'll show up on reality shows.

HoustonFrog
06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I love Krupa too. Picked her in my Hot Chicks Draft last year ..:)

TimeKiller
06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Nobody has ever told TO to shut up? Seriously?

Or nobody with a vagina has ever told TO to shut up? My guess is the hanging portion of the population would get a big, angry dude in your face for that type of comment. At least TO has some manners, not confronting a lady, through all his shenanigans.

Goldensilence
06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
STDs think once you get a TO you're screwed.

Texecutioner
06-23-2009, 01:09 PM
This sort of stuff comes and goes in cycles.

But stars whose fame is fading will always find some show or another to appear on. When sitcoms are king, then they'll show up on sitcoms. When game shows are king, they'll show up on game shows. When reality shows are king, they'll show up on reality shows.

They wouldn't be able to find any roles on real tv shows other than a cameo here and there. Reality shows have completely taken over television now. Things may go in cycles, but this cycle has gone on for a while now with reality tv and I don't see it going anywhere for a long time with how successful this garbage is. It's not like they're getting more creative with this stuff either. It's the same recycled bullshit on different networks over and over with these tired ass celebs that go on some surivor type of show or where they do a bunch of stupid challenges like running through a few hoops or some competition to see who can eat the most **** roaches or rat tails the fastest. Then you have these silly shows where some silly whore gets a show about her pathetic life of wanting to be famous.

What happened to this country to where talent actually mattered and real entertainment actually took place? It's freaking embarrassing at this point actually. I know other countries have their trash shows and all, but if I lived in another country and saw all of the garbage that's all over our networks now, I'd be laughing at Americans right now.

I remember the good old days when sitcoms ruled, and good tv drama series were the thing where real actors who paid their dues got the lime light or were the celebs. Now all we hear about everywhere we go is about some pathetic "John and Kate" garbage or everywhere I look I see these crappy couples about "Spencer and Heidi" of whoever they are.

Whatever happened to some good ole Matlock, Cheers, Seinfeld, Dallas, Columbo, The A team, and etc. Not that all of those shows were the best or anything, but at least they were real shows with producers who looked to create something good and entertaining to bring to life. Not some pathetic reality show with some celeberty burn outs who are drunks and some pathetic whores who just want to be famous but don't have one talented bone in their body where they just put them into a house or some island and give them a ton of booze and let them destroy shit.

The Pencil Neck
06-23-2009, 02:57 PM
They wouldn't be able to find any roles on real tv shows other than a cameo here and there. Reality shows have completely taken over television now. Things may go in cycles, but this cycle has gone on for a while now with reality tv and I don't see it going anywhere for a long time with how successful this garbage is. It's not like they're getting more creative with this stuff either. It's the same recycled bullshit on different networks over and over with these tired ass celebs that go on some surivor type of show or where they do a bunch of stupid challenges like running through a few hoops or some competition to see who can eat the most **** roaches or rat tails the fastest. Then you have these silly shows where some silly whore gets a show about her pathetic life of wanting to be famous.

What happened to this country to where talent actually mattered and real entertainment actually took place? It's freaking embarrassing at this point actually. I know other countries have their trash shows and all, but if I lived in another country and saw all of the garbage that's all over our networks now, I'd be laughing at Americans right now.

I remember the good old days when sitcoms ruled, and good tv drama series were the thing where real actors who paid their dues got the lime light or were the celebs. Now all we hear about everywhere we go is about some pathetic "John and Kate" garbage or everywhere I look I see these crappy couples about "Spencer and Heidi" of whoever they are.

Whatever happened to some good ole Matlock, Cheers, Seinfeld, Dallas, Columbo, The A team, and etc. Not that all of those shows were the best or anything, but at least they were real shows with producers who looked to create something good and entertaining to bring to life. Not some pathetic reality show with some celeberty burn outs who are drunks and some pathetic whores who just want to be famous but don't have one talented bone in their body where they just put them into a house or some island and give them a ton of booze and let them destroy shit.

I think you've got an idealized view of what life used to be like. Most of those old dramas and comedies and variety shows and game shows were crap at best. Most were cheap knock offs of other more successful shows. There's never been a time when talent mattered that much. Most of those shows that you fondly remember as being so great, really weren't if you can look at them objectively.

Yeah, most reality shows are crap and pathetic attempts to pick up viewers with sensationalism. But there are some good ones. Some that really highlight talent. (I'm a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance.) Of course, you may not like them.

And if you think American TV is bad, then you should try watching some of those other countries' stuff. Most of it is real bad. And a lot of stuff that's on American TV was stolen from those other countries.

If you want to be entertained, TV should probably be pretty low on your to-do list. And it's always been that way.

HoustonFrog
06-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I kind of feel sorry for TO at times.....let me explain.

I know he is a jackass. I know he brings it on himself. I know he is a world class attention ho. So I'm not saying I like or defend the guy. His off field stuff annoys me to no end.

But I have always thought I could read people pretty well...you know, see something in them that tells the story. I also had read where he was a pretty shy and kind of to himself as a kid.

After she said that he had this almost pathetic/sad look on his face. I think all of his b.s. is a facade and the guy really is just a maladjusted person in real life with not many social skills. I think the guy is either sad or depressed or has some childhood issues deep inside. I think her comments struck him because she wasn't a teammate or coach or the media.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing but as has been said before I think TO is the bad alter ego and it won the battle a long time ago. Maybe Terrell will surface one day and get back to normal life and exorcise some demons.

TimeKiller
06-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I think her comments struck him because she wasn't a teammate or coach or the media.
Please, her comments struck him because she is pretty and TO wants some.

It's science.

GP
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I read a little-known story about T.O.

His dad left him when Terrell was young. So he grew up with his grandma. As he got older, and became attracted to a girl who lived across the street, his grandma said he couldn't date her. "Why?" asked Terrell. Grandma answered him and said "Because she's your sister. And her daddy that lives across from us is also YOUR daddy."

His dad was right there the whole time, but I guess he was unwanted by the father. Grandma never had the heart to tell him until the young girl came into the picture. Hey, guess what, T.O.? Everybody but you knows who your dad is, and the best part is this: He was across the street from you and you never knew it. So, yeah...there's some trust issues with T.O.

Tell me that won't mess with your mind when you're a teenager.

Not saying it excuses all he's done. But it makes it understandable. Nobody here has batted 1.000 in life.

StarStruck
06-23-2009, 03:42 PM

I read about his childhood a few years ago and thought is was public to anyone choosing to read it.

On the incident with the model, she seems to have an attitude akin to Naomi Campbell. I don't blame TO. He used good judgement in standing back, with his mouth closed and simply watch this 'f bomb' raving maniac.

Double Barrel
06-23-2009, 03:52 PM

His dad left him when Terrell was young. So he grew up with his grandma. As he got older, and became attracted to a girl who lived across the street, his grandma said he couldn't date her. "Why?" asked Terrell. Grandma answered him and said "Because she's your sister. And her daddy that lives across from us is also YOUR daddy."

His dad was right there the whole time, but I guess he was unwanted by the father. Grandma never had the heart to tell him until the young girl came into the picture. Hey, guess what, T.O.? Everybody but you knows who your dad is, and the best part is this: He was across the street from you and you never knew it. So, yeah...there's some trust issues with T.O.

Tell me that won't mess with your mind when you're a teenager.

Not saying it excuses all he's done. But it makes it understandable. Nobody here has batted 1.000 in life.

That's just effed up!!

Finding out such a jaded story from his childhood explains a lot. It doesn't justify anything, but it certainly reveals some basic issues that must roll around in his noggin'.

About this story, I think the chick was being a bit dramatic. It's just a freakin' celebrity game show. I can see TO not taking it as serious considering the high pressure he deals with as an NFL player. She strikes me as one of those chicks that expects everyone to treat her as a pampered princess, and maybe TO's not playing the game. Two sides to a story, y'know?

The Pencil Neck
06-23-2009, 04:05 PM

Yeah, I've heard that story, too. Not sure where I heard it from or if it's true.

Double Barrel
06-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I've heard that story, too. Not sure where I heard it from or if it's true.

It's from his autobiography (http://www.notablebiographies.com/news/Ow-Sh/Owens-Terrell.html).

Texecutioner
06-23-2009, 04:20 PM
First off, stop with the sympathy stuff for TO. The guy is one solid piece of turd through and through.

That is not a little known story GP. That was all over ESPN when he was with the Niners and has been played plenty of times since.

I could care less about what happened with TO as a child. I hate when people go out of their ways to make excuses for people that consistently screw up their situations in life like they're supposed to get a FREE PASS of excuses for one bad thing that happened to them when they were younger. I would have felt sorry for TO way back then for a while, but this is life and everyone has challenges and messed up things that happen to them of some sort. You don't get to pick and choose your parents or how your brought up. But yo do get to choose the directions that you go in and how you learn from your mistakes in life and let those mistakes lead you into becoming a better person.

TO has never done any of that. He's gone way out of his way to embarrass his QB's, his coaches, and always says non stop hurtful stuff towards them after he leaves. The guy constantly stirs the pot and always blames everyone BUT HIMSELF. He is an adult now and has been for over 16 years. Mature adults don't sit there and act like total Pie holes their entire lives because of one really bad thing that happened to them when they were younger. THey move on from it, and if they don't the likely chances are they would have been that same exact person no matter whether that bad experience happened to them or not.

And Frog, you saw one quick look of TO after he was called that. They don't show every moment of a reality show. And I'm sure that TO's been called much worse names than that by other women. I look at how he treats his team mates, I can only imagine how he treats the women in his life.

The Pencil Neck
06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
It's from his autobiography (http://www.notablebiographies.com/news/Ow-Sh/Owens-Terrell.html).

Like I said, I don't know if it's true...

TimeKiller
06-23-2009, 05:15 PM
So GP are you gonna post that story in every TO thread or what?

GP
06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
First off, stop with the sympathy stuff for TO. The guy is one solid piece of turd through and through.

That is not a little known story GP. That was all over ESPN when he was with the Niners and has been played plenty of times since.

I could care less about what happened with TO as a child. I hate when people go out of their ways to make excuses for people that consistently screw up their situations in life like they're supposed to get a FREE PASS of excuses for one bad thing that happened to them when they were younger. I would have felt sorry for TO way back then for a while, but this is life and everyone has challenges and messed up things that happen to them of some sort. You don't get to pick and choose your parents or how your brought up. But yo do get to choose the directions that you go in and how you learn from your mistakes in life and let those mistakes lead you into becoming a better person.

TO has never done any of that. He's gone way out of his way to embarrass his QB's, his coaches, and always says non stop hurtful stuff towards them after he leaves. The guy constantly stirs the pot and always blames everyone BUT HIMSELF. He is an adult now and has been for over 16 years. Mature adults don't sit there and act like total Pie holes their entire lives because of one really bad thing that happened to them when they were younger. THey move on from it, and if they don't the likely chances are they would have been that same exact person no matter whether that bad experience happened to them or not.

And Frog, you saw one quick look of TO after he was called that. They don't show every moment of a reality show. And I'm sure that TO's been called much worse names than that by other women. I look at how he treats his team mates, I can only imagine how he treats the women in his life.

I like you a lot, and have sided with you on lots of stuff.

However...there's a point where you have to stop and go "That guy is facing a whole set of issues that I don't have a clue about."

And before you try to possibly equate any of your own prior issues that you might have conquered, we are all at some point trying to conquer something in our lives. If T.O. is failing to overcome that, give the guy some grace.

At some point, we have to stop putting our foot on someone's throat. And just let go of whatever preconceived notions we have.

The dude had his dad leave him, lived across the street, and nobody told him. Until it would have meant potential incest or something awkward like that. When you're young, you can literally have your maturity "frozen" because of a traumatic event like that.

Some people, somehow, get over sooner than others. God I hope T.O. gets over it at SOME point before he dies. My dad wasn't the greatest father in the world, but when he told me some of the stuff HIS dad did...I felt like I had the best dad in the world.

It's all about perspective. I don't condone how he lives, and how he hurts others, but I can see why it's easy. He thinks people are pieces of crap who are out to get him--to laugh at him--and he's going to be the first one to pull the trigger on that deal. Lots of people have tried to help him, and it hasn't helped. Maybe some day it will click for him.

Double Barrel
06-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Like I said, I don't know if it's true...

yeah, this is true, but I figure a story with so many folks involved would have been exposed a long time ago if it's fabricated, especially with such a high profile celebrity like TO.

GP
06-23-2009, 05:35 PM
So GP are you gonna post that story in every TO thread or what?

Yep. Because I'm at a point in my life where I am sick and tired of all the judgment and half-ass'd holier-than-thou stone throwers.

We sit around and we laugh at people's troubles.

It's like the Ryan Leaf deal. So many keyboard warriors comment on the little comments section beneath the foxsports.com and espn.com Ryan Leaf stories, and they can't help but make fun of him, rip him to shreds, and act like he's such a screw up. Me, and others in the Amarillo area, saw a whole different side to the guy. A side that came out because he was in small-town Texas and being allowed to be human. Unfortunately, he has issues with drugs. And the laughter returned. Our culture loves to build someone up and tear them down.

I look around me, and see people who are screw ups...but they do a good job of hiding it. Affairs on their wives, stealing from loved ones, gossip that runs wild and hurts beyond repair, friendships that end over some of the stupidest crap you could ever imagine, and the list goes on.

I get it already: It's cool to rag on others. It makes us feel better about ourselves. It levels the playing field when we find a T.O. we can burn down every other day. Because it paints our little failures in such a smaller light.

I'm not saying my door is open to T.O., and I want to listen to him and kiss his boo-boo away and make him feel better, etc. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to have the other side of the coin displayed every now and then.

I forgot to join in and kick the guy around. My bad.

Texecutioner
06-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I like you a lot, and have sided with you on lots of stuff.

Thanks, and as you know, the feeling is quite mutual.

However...there's a point where you have to stop and go "That guy is facing a whole set of issues that I don't have a clue about."

And before you try to possibly equate any of your own prior issues that you might have conquered, we are all at some point trying to conquer something in our lives. If T.O. is failing to overcome that, give the guy some grace.

At some point, we have to stop putting our foot on someone's throat. And just let go of whatever preconceived notions we have.

The dude had his dad leave him, lived across the street, and nobody told him. Until it would have meant potential incest or something awkward like that. When you're young, you can literally have your maturity "frozen" because of a traumatic event like that.

Some people, somehow, get over sooner than others. God I hope T.O. gets over it at SOME point before he dies. My dad wasn't the greatest father in the world, but when he told me some of the stuff HIS dad did...I felt like I had the best dad in the world.

It's all about perspective. I don't condone how he lives, and how he hurts others, but I can see why it's easy. He thinks people are pieces of crap who are out to get him--to laugh at him--and he's going to be the first one to pull the trigger on that deal. Lots of people have tried to help him, and it hasn't helped. Maybe some day it will click for him.

I think this is a good post, but again I disagree. There is just way to many things that TO has said and done so malitiously towards people for no apparent reason that will not giver him a pass no matter what he went through at one time or another.

He may have had some tragedies, but like I said we all have.

I think one thing that many people forget when they're thinking about what this athlete or that athlete went through is all of the wonderful advantages and other perks they've also had their entire lives that many of us would have dreamed to have. FOr one most of us love sports and I'm sure would have been ecstatic to have the talent that TO has. He may have gotten the bad end of the deal as far as having a father there for him, but he also got another great end of the deal which was his genetics which he was able to mix hard work with to become a multi Millionaire, be a college superstar athlete, and have all sorts of opportunities to travel and do all sorts of stuff in life that many of us will never have an opportunity to do. So there is also the positives that he got as well as many other athletes from that perspective. How many hot girls do you think have been all over this guy his entire life because he was a star athlete? How many people have been overly nice to him because he was a star athlete and given him wonderful treatment that he wouldn't have gotten had he not been a superstar football player? You have to remember all of that as well, and those wonderful "gifts" that he got "HE CHOSE" to take them and be an ass with it. He hasn't taken his stardom and tried to become a great person with that advantage. He's done the opposite and been "arrogant" with it, "narcissistic" with it, "vengeful" with it, "immature" with it, and many other negative things as well. He's made dirt out of a lot of the gifts that were originally gold.

No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. It's what you learn from those mistakes and how you grow as a person from those mistakes that shapes who you are. TO continues to make the same calculated mistakes time and time again to the point that you can't even call them mistakes. It's just TO being TO. He chooses to be that kind of guy. He refuses to believe that it's him being the turd to so many people in his football career.

It's not just the fact that he doesn't get along with certain people or the fact that he attacks them when they don't do what he wants. It's how he publically tries to smear them and persecute them. What he did to Jeff Garcia was freaking despicable. I think that most people would agree that the majority of the NFL is full of a bunch of homophobes and would not feel that comfortable having a gay guy around, and TO literally tried to imply that his QB was a gay guy just to embarrass him, and Garcia never did anything to TO. Then he did it to Mcnabb, then Romo, and countless other coaches, and O lineman. He never takes responsibilities for his actions and whenever asked he always makes some comment about how the other guys were somehow jealous of him or something.

You can't just take one tragedy of someone and say well he supposed to be this way because of this or that. He's had plenty of time to get over that stuff, accept it, and move on.

michaelm
06-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Me, and others in the Amarillo area...

You still in the Amarillo area?
I don't know if you like country music, but if so, Cory Morrow is playing up there on Friday at Midnight Rodeo.
I'm not much of a country fan, but a buddy of mine is a good friend of Cory's and took me to his show last Friday at Big Texas in Spring. Not a bad show, even for someone who isn't a fan of C&W.

Texecutioner
06-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Yep. Because I'm at a point in my life where I am sick and tired of all the judgment and half-ass'd holier-than-thou stone throwers.

It's like the Ryan Leaf deal. So many keyboard warriors comment on the little comments section beneath the foxsports.com and espn.com Ryan Leaf stories, and they can't help but make fun of him, rip him to shreds, and act like he's such a screw up. Me, and others in the Amarillo area, saw a whole different side to the guy. A side that came out because he was in small-town Texas and being allowed to be human. Unfortunately, he has issues with drugs. And the laughter returned. Our culture loves to build someone up and tear them down.

I look around me, and see people who are screw ups...but they do a good job of hiding it. Affairs on their wives, stealing from loved ones, gossip that runs wild and hurts beyond repair, friendships that end over some of the stupidest crap you could ever imagine, and the list goes on.

I get it already: It's cool to rag on others. It makes us feel better about ourselves. It levels the playing field when we find a T.O. we can burn down every other day. Because it paints our little failures in such a smaller light.

I'm not saying my door is open to T.O., and I want to listen to him and kiss his boo-boo away and make him feel better, etc. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to have the other side of the coin displayed every now and then.

Well the Ryan Leaf thing is such a different type of issue and animal all together. I've always rooted for Ryan Leaf actually since he was kicked out of the NFL for being such a brat.

I was actually happy for him when he got his coaching gig at that college and thought he would be a good hire there because he could teach a lot of these kids about his mistakes and how to handle themselves since he obviously messed up bad. He seemed to be past the drama in the NFL and his failures and moving on in life. I watched a few of his interviews when he was first hired.

But then I hear about this drug incident with one of his players and I'm like how STUPID can this guy get? I didn't criticize him much because it was just sad to me, but then I hear about some burglary thing as well, and I'm not even sure what he did to have these burglary charges or what happened with that, but if he broke in somewhere and stole from people that he gets whatever he deserves. I hate thieves personally more than anyone, but I'm not even sure what happened with that.

And then I read an article like a week or so ago reporting that he's on the lamb and has not even reported to his jail time and is "wanted." I mean, he keeps on keeping on with this stuff.

I hope he gets his life together, but man o man Leaf seems to be getting everything he asks for.

CloakNNNdagger
06-23-2009, 06:17 PM
The source of the "The Story" is from T.O.'s 2004 autobiaography, CATCH THIS! (http://www.notablebiographies.com/news/Ow-Sh/Owens-Terrell.html)

Learns truth about neighbor

In his autobiography, Owens recounts a childhood in which he grew up lonely and poor. He was born Terrell Eldorado Owens on December 7, 1973, to Marilyn Heard, a seventeen year old from Alexander City,Alabama. He was raised primarily by his grandmother in Alex City,as his hometown is known. He wrote about a great-grandmother he never knew in his book. She disappeared one day when his grandmother was twelve years old, and in the pre-civil rights era Deep South, little was done to solve the disappearance. She was simply assumed to have run away, or been murdered. (Before the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s that pushed for equal rights for all races, blacks suffered severe prejudice and persecution, especially in the former slave states of the South.) The tragedy left a scar on the family that carried over well into Owens's youth. His grandmother was so overly protective of Owens, along with the brother and two sisters of his she also raised, that she did not permit them to leave the front yard to play with other children. Even when Owens received a bike as a gift, he was only allowed to ride it in the driveway or on the sidewalk in front of the house. If the rule was broken, they could expect a whipping. Owens recalls crying as he looked out his bedroom window and watched the other kids play freely on the street.

Owens's mother was not absent from his life, but she had to work double shifts at the nearby Russell Athletic textile mill to support her children, whose fathers did not play a part in their lives. One of the most traumatic events of his early life, Owens wrote in Catch This!, was the time he fell in love with the little girl

"I'm not going to keep quiet or stay inside a box, the way many pro athletes do, even some very famous ones who've told me that the best road was to be politically correct at all times."

who lived across the street from him. The girl's father—a man in his forties—made fun of the eleven-year-old's crush on his daughter and said dating her was impossible because the girl was Terrell's sister. With this, Owens realized that this neighbor man was his father. He and his family had lived across the street all this time, and neither his grandmother nor his mother, Marilyn Heard, had ever told him about it. He was devastated by the news, and he never went near the house again. Nor did his father make any attempt to have a relationship with him.

Owens and his siblings were allowed to leave the property for two reasons: to go to church and to school. There, kids of his own race teased him because of his darker skin. As a teenager Owens found more acceptance on the football field, and he was a standout player at Benjamin Russell High School as a wide receiver, the member of the offense who can run and catch passes. His hero was San Francisco 49er Jerry Rice (1962–), considered one of, if not the best, wide receivers to ever play in the NFL. Owens even wore Rice's number 80 jersey on his high school team.

Earlier in my career, I had performed a good deal of voluntary work on prisoners at Huntsville, including those with "bordeline personality," bipolars, thieves, rapists, and murderers. Sadly enough, most had stories to tell which were very similar or worse. Rejection was a recurrent theme. The bottom line, though, is that no matter what your story, you still have some say in what direction your life takes.

Speedy
06-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I think this is a good post, but again I disagree. There is just way to many things that TO has said and done so malitiously towards people for no apparent reason that will not giver him a pass no matter what he went through at one time or another.

I think that's the whole point. It's no apparant reason to you. That does not mean there isn't a reason.

That said, I don't think the whole "I'm this way 'cause something bad, traumatic, my mom was a crack whore or whatever happened to me when I was a kid" is an excuse to be like you are. You're still the one who makes the choices for yourself. Some grow up with great childhoods, loving families and all that jazz and still turn out to be jerks or worse. Others grow up with horrible childhoods, trauma, abandoned, crack whore parents or what have you and turn out to be fine outstanding citizens. It's all about the choices you make.

That's a horrible thing to happen to Owens. But you can't let it run your life for the rest of your life. He did pretty well for himself without his jackass father. Turn the page already.

TimeKiller
06-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Are you to the point where you can tell when this story has a place in a thread or not?

The spotlight is a double-edged sword, is it not? You can't love the fame but hate the recoil for doing something stupid in front of everyone. Well, I guess you can but it just makes you a dumb-dumb.

Hiding it? You mean like, not being a professional athlete who soaks up every bit of time in front of a camera that one can? YOU CAN'T LOVE ATTENTION WHEN IT'S GOOD AND HATE IT WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID AND EVERYONE CALLS YOU STUPID BECAUSE YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING STUPID.

So TO can be the ultimate ass clown (and he is, make no mistake) but nobody is allowed to call him on it or give him a little shit because he can't get over something that happened 20 years ago? C'mon mane.

Unbelievable. Have fun on your high horse, us half-ass stone throwing, holier than thou types will just have to take him to the shed without you.

scourge
06-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Are you to the point where you can tell when this story has a place in a thread or not?

The spotlight is a double-edged sword, is it not? You can't love the fame but hate the recoil for doing something stupid in front of everyone. Well, I guess you can but it just makes you a dumb-dumb.

Hiding it? You mean like, not being a professional athlete who soaks up every bit of time in front of a camera that one can? YOU CAN'T LOVE ATTENTION WHEN IT'S GOOD AND HATE IT WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID AND EVERYONE CALLS YOU STUPID BECAUSE YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING STUPID.

So TO can be the ultimate ass clown (and he is, make no mistake) but nobody is allowed to call him on it or give him a little shit because he can't get over something that happened 20 years ago? C'mon mane.

Unbelievable. Have fun on your high horse, us half-ass stone throwing, holier than thou types will just have to take him to the shed without you.

Excellent post.

HOU-TEX
06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
:cry2: Wait, wait.........THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!

:grouphug:

The Pencil Neck
06-24-2009, 09:23 AM

I'm not defending TO here but I'd like to point out that you're assuming that this is the only thing that happened to him and is contributing to his behavior. But this could be just one of a multitude of things that happened to him growing up that ended up contributing to his behavior.

If this guy is growing up with his mom and grandmother and the father is living right across the street and they're all acting like there's no relationship between them... that's some dysfunction right there. What else did they lie about? What sort of anger and hostility was simmering right beneath the surface?

Ultimately, none of that matters. Everyone has to figure out a way to fit in and function in society regardless of what their family and early environment did to them and regardless of what their genes do to them. If you don't then in one way or another, you're going to get ostracized, shunned, or locked away.

CloakNNNdagger
06-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Insult to injury. Last night on SUPERSTARS, T.O. was the 1st athlete to be eliminated.........asked to comment, this is what Joanna Krupa had to say: "That @&#**:bouncey::hairpull: M.th..f......g piece of *&$@...:yikes:

Texecutioner
06-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Insult to injury. Last night on SUPERSTARS, T.O. was the 1st athlete to be eliminated.........asked to comment, this is what Joanna Krupa had to say: "That @&#**:bouncey::hairpull: M.th..f......g piece of *&$@...:yikes:

Awsome!

GP
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks, and as you know, the feeling is quite mutual.

He may have had some tragedies, but like I said we all have.

I think one thing that many people forget when they're thinking about what this athlete or that athlete went through is all of the wonderful advantages and other perks they've also had their entire lives that many of us would have dreamed to have. FOr one most of us love sports and I'm sure would have been ecstatic to have the talent that TO has. He may have gotten the bad end of the deal as far as having a father there for him, but he also got another great end of the deal which was his genetics which he was able to mix hard work with to become a multi Millionaire, be a college superstar athlete, and have all sorts of opportunities to travel and do all sorts of stuff in life that many of us will never have an opportunity to do. So there is also the positives that he got as well as many other athletes from that perspective. How many hot girls do you think have been all over this guy his entire life because he was a star athlete? How many people have been overly nice to him because he was a star athlete and given him wonderful treatment that he wouldn't have gotten had he not been a superstar football player? You have to remember all of that as well, and those wonderful "gifts" that he got "HE CHOSE" to take them and be an ass with it. He hasn't taken his stardom and tried to become a great person with that advantage. He's done the opposite and been "arrogant" with it, "narcissistic" with it, "vengeful" with it, "immature" with it, and many other negative things as well. He's made dirt out of a lot of the gifts that were originally gold.

No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. It's what you learn from those mistakes and how you grow as a person from those mistakes that shapes who you are. TO continues to make the same calculated mistakes time and time again to the point that you can't even call them mistakes. It's just TO being TO. He chooses to be that kind of guy. He refuses to believe that it's him being the turd to so many people in his football career.

It's not just the fact that he doesn't get along with certain people or the fact that he attacks them when they don't do what he wants. It's how he publically tries to smear them and persecute them. What he did to Jeff Garcia was freaking despicable. I think that most people would agree that the majority of the NFL is full of a bunch of homophobes and would not feel that comfortable having a gay guy around, and TO literally tried to imply that his QB was a gay guy just to embarrass him, and Garcia never did anything to TO. Then he did it to Mcnabb, then Romo, and countless other coaches, and O lineman. He never takes responsibilities for his actions and whenever asked he always makes some comment about how the other guys were somehow jealous of him or something.

You can't just take one tragedy of someone and say well he supposed to be this way because of this or that. He's had plenty of time to get over that stuff, accept it, and move on.

After thinking about this last night, I can see where you're coming from.

There are those who get hurt by no fault of their own, and then there's those who bring the hurt onto themselves. A dysfunctional person doesn't know he's dysfunctional, or he at least doesn't want to deal with it...so he continues to lean on the crutch at the expense of others.

Even Ryan Leaf, to a large degree, has brought his problems onto himself. Repeated instances of offensive behavior tends to make others less trusting of the offending person. That's not only normal, it's just plain wisdom.

I have ragged on Josh McDaniels a lot, so I'm a bit of a hypocrite on this issue that I've stood on. But I'm wondering this: Is there a difference between the disadvantaged minority who suffered psychological trauma (T.O.) and what I assume to be a clean-cut, straight arrow white guy (McDaniels) who have both acted pretty brashly, messing up team chemistry and acting like they can do whatever they want to other people around them?

I think one guy acts the way he does because he had something stolen from him as a child and he's acting out of his hurts, and the other acts the way he does because he wants to when he really doesn't have to. It's that Napolean complex, maybe.

McDaniels wikipedia entry states: "McDaniels is the son of Thom McDaniels (often described as a "legend" of Ohio high school football).[2] Attending his father's practices during his youth has been credited with inspiring McDaniels to enter coaching."

Two guys who are toxic in the area of relationships, with T.O. in a commanding lead of McDaniels.

Nonetheless, I don't want to get into the whole nature/nurture debate and all that. I'm just saying that at the end of the day, you wonder who T.O. would have been had his dad been a legend of Ohio high school football and T.O. grew up with that kind of foundation and support and love. Not that we know exactly how it was for McDaniels growing up, either--His dad could have been mean and unloving and Josh found a way to overcome a childhood that might have been less than picture perfect.

That's how I justify why I'm OK with being harsh on McDaniels: There's no prior condition, at least not to the degree of what we see in T.O. Then again, that's being hypocritical to say one transgression is greater than the other. Maybe they're both just a couple of dysfunctional guys and that's that?

GP
06-24-2009, 10:56 AM
You still in the Amarillo area?
I don't know if you like country music, but if so, Cory Morrow is playing up there on Friday at Midnight Rodeo.
I'm not much of a country fan, but a buddy of mine is a good friend of Cory's and took me to his show last Friday at Big Texas in Spring. Not a bad show, even for someone who isn't a fan of C&W.

I have been to Midnight Rodeo, long ago when I was in college at West Texas A&M University. I competed in rodeo (steer wrestling) on the college level, amateur circuit, and a few on the pro circuit after college. So let's just say that I knew my way around the honky tonk!

I don't go back there anymore. I got married in 1999, we have two kids (ages 5 and 8) so going back, even for a concert, would be weird. Even when I was into the scene, back in the day, it was a little depressing that here's this place where it's the same people...same setting...different night. Kinda' like the movie Groundhog Day.

I like country music a lot: Waylon Jennings, Dwight Yoakam, Bob Wills, and basically your "outlaw" or "honky tonk" style of country music. Not too big on the new stuff, except for Paisley and Urban whom I think are natural artists and not just a gimmick.

Thanks for the heads up, though!

Texecutioner
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
After thinking about this last night, I can see where you're coming from.

There are those who get hurt by no fault of their own, and then there's those who bring the hurt onto themselves. A dysfunctional person doesn't know he's dysfunctional, or he at least doesn't want to deal with it...so he continues to lean on the crutch at the expense of others.

Even Ryan Leaf, to a large degree, has brought his problems onto himself. Repeated instances of offensive behavior tends to make others less trusting of the offending person. That's not only normal, it's just plain wisdom.

I have ragged on Josh McDaniels a lot, so I'm a bit of a hypocrite on this issue that I've stood on. But I'm wondering this: Is there a difference between the disadvantaged minority who suffered psychological trauma (T.O.) and what I assume to be a clean-cut, straight arrow white guy (McDaniels) who have both acted pretty brashly, messing up team chemistry and acting like they can do whatever they want to other people around them?

I think one guy acts the way he does because he had something stolen from him as a child and he's acting out of his hurts, and the other acts the way he does because he wants to when he really doesn't have to. It's that Napolean complex, maybe.

McDaniels wikipedia entry states: "McDaniels is the son of Thom McDaniels (often described as a "legend" of Ohio high school football).[2] Attending his father's practices during his youth has been credited with inspiring McDaniels to enter coaching."

Two guys who are toxic in the area of relationships, with T.O. in a commanding lead of McDaniels.

Nonetheless, I don't want to get into the whole nature/nurture debate and all that. I'm just saying that at the end of the day, you wonder who T.O. would have been had his dad been a legend of Ohio high school football and T.O. grew up with that kind of foundation and support and love. Not that we know exactly how it was for McDaniels growing up, either--His dad could have been mean and unloving and Josh found a way to overcome a childhood that might have been less than picture perfect.

That's how I justify why I'm OK with being harsh on McDaniels: There's no prior condition, at least not to the degree of what we see in T.O. Then again, that's being hypocritical to say one transgression is greater than the other. Maybe they're both just a couple of dysfunctional guys and that's that?

Well for all we know, TO might have had a great father and been even worse of a dude growing up. I've known tons of guys growing up that had nice parents but were just cruel people all of their lives. Then I've known people that had it tough their entire lives with awful parents that ended up being great people. That's why I've always learned to tell myself not to worry about failures of the past or things that were out of my control and to just roll with the punches that life gives me.

You know that little saying that people like to say "I have no regrets." I've always thought that was the biggest pile of crap of a statement out of anyone, because everyone has regrets. Hell I regret certain stuff that I did two days ago. Lol! Everyone looks back at certain things in their lives and ask
what could have been? If I only knew then what I know now and things like that. But at the end of the day, it's all about what you do going forward and how you take what you learned or went through to make a better future, and that's all that really matters. I know that I've personally got tons of regrets and mistakes that I think about all of the time, but life goes on and I'd like to go down the right paths and use my mistakes of the past for a better future where I will have fewer regrets as I go.

As far as Mcdaniels, if you remember I agreed with you on a lot of that stuff. What he's done with the Broncos has been pretty bad thus far. If I were a Broncos fan in this off season I'd be pissed on so many levels. That franchise has been set back quite a few years in my opinion. However, before Mcdaniels went to Denver I never heard anything bad about the guy. I'm not aware of any big time problems he had anywhere else with any other players for that matter. Maybe he did and the media just wasn't all over it, but we'll have to just wait and see what Mcdaniels does in the next few years. My guess is that by year 3 Bowlen will be crying himself to sleep when the Broncos haven't gone anywhere and he realizes what a bad hiring he was. But then again, maybe some of his moves that he's made ends up working and he gets them into the playoffs in a year or two. We'll have to wait and see, but my guess is that Mcdaniels won't be in Denver for that long.

Double Barrel
06-24-2009, 02:22 PM
The way some hate on TO, it seems like some kind of personal hang up.

When was the last time TO was arrested? He's not a troublemaker in the criminal sense. Yeah, he speaks his mind, and that is where he's gotten all the heat, but the dude is not a criminal. Some of you guys act like he slept with your wife. Save your anguish for those issues that truly deserve it, not some big mouthed self-serving athlete.

Besides, TO is nothing but a product of our modern society. You want entertainment? TO is there to give it to you. Love to hate the guy, but seriously, the emotional tantrums are as funny to laugh at as the original subject sometimes.

Let me ask you: How is your life personally impacted by TO? If it's like 99.9% of us, it hasn't, and you just choose to drive your whambulance around with the sirens full blast. :shades:

Texecutioner
06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
The way some hate on TO, it seems like some kind of personal hang up.

When was the last time TO was arrested? He's not a troublemaker in the criminal sense. Yeah, he speaks his mind, and that is where he's gotten all the heat, but the dude is not a criminal. Some of you guys act like he slept with your wife. Save your anguish for those issues that truly deserve it, not some big mouthed self-serving athlete.

Besides, TO is nothing but a product of our modern society. You want entertainment? TO is there to give it to you. Love to hate the guy, but seriously, the emotional tantrums are as funny to laugh at as the original subject sometimes.

Let me ask you: How is your life personally impacted by TO? If it's like 99.9% of us, it hasn't, and you just choose to drive your whambulance around with the sirens full blast. :shades:

Well as far as having the sirens on full blast of the wambulance truck DB, I'll be riding shotgun all the way! :)
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/nickms/wambulance_logo.jpg

Double Barrel
06-24-2009, 02:35 PM
lol! I'm just having fun with ya', man! Glad you took it that way. I'm far from a TO apologist or fan. I honestly just don't care about the guy and turn the channel whenever they continue to force him, Ocho Idioto, or grandpa Favre down our throats. It's just sensationalist crap that I choose not to ingest.

StarStruck
06-24-2009, 02:40 PM

Gee, I bet no guy is going to take Joana to his mama's house.

HOU-TEX
06-24-2009, 02:40 PM
lol! I'm just having fun with ya', man! Glad you took it that way. I'm far from a TO apologist or fan. I honestly just don't care about the guy and turn the channel whenever they continue to force him, Ocho Idioto, or grandpa Favre down our throats. It's just sensationalist crap that I choose not to ingest.

I agree! I love NFLTA, but they tend to give those players way too much love.

Texecutioner
06-24-2009, 02:42 PM

Beep beep!!! Get out of the way, we've got the TO wambulance coming through! YOu guys hear what that guy recently said about Trent Edwards! Beep Beep! That guy is a jack ass!

Got the megaphone and everything. :)

Double Barrel
06-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I agree! I love NFLTA, but they tend to give those players way too much love.

Completely agree. The constant update about Mucho Stupido's workouts was annoying. Who gives a crap what this average receiver on a crap team does in the off-season?! I really do not understand the obsession with this guy or TO.

Beep beep!!! Get out of the way, we've got the TO wambulance coming through! YOu guys hear what that guy recently said about Trent Edwards! Beep Beep! That guy is a jack ass!

Got the megaphone and everything. :)

You know TO loves it when you hate on him. I have no doubt that his mantra is any publicity is good publicity. It's a no win situation...unless you just ignore him.

Hooston Texan
06-24-2009, 03:08 PM

Hey, now. I was as ticked after the Rosencopter as anyone, but I don't think we should be wishing the Grim Reaper on the guy. And when did Rosenfels get a reality-show?? I'm confused.

Texecutioner
06-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey, now. I was as ticked after the Rosencopter as anyone, but I don't think we should be wishing the Grim Reaper on the guy. And when did Rosenfels get a reality-show?? I'm confused.

It must have been a typo or something man. I meant to write "saga". Sometimes I'll be typing so fast on these message boards that I don't proof read my posts and have spelling errors that normally wouldn't be there.

I have nothing against Sage, and wish him the best.

TimeKiller
06-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm not defending TO here but I'd like to point out that you're assuming that this is the only thing that happened to him and is contributing to his behavior. But this could be just one of a multitude of things that happened to him growing up that ended up contributing to his behavior.
I assumed nothing. We're only talking about that specific instance. I'm sure this is the rotten cherry on top of the f'd up sundae that is TO's mental state.

If this guy is growing up with his mom and grandmother and the father is living right across the street and they're all acting like there's no relationship between them... that's some dysfunction right there. What else did they lie about? What sort of anger and hostility was simmering right beneath the surface?
Ultimately, none of that matters. Everyone has to figure out a way to fit in and function in society regardless of what their family and early environment did to them and regardless of what their genes do to them. If you don't then in one way or another, you're going to get ostracized, shunned, or locked away.
So....you call me out on only mentioning this incident, recite only this incident, and then have a very similar opinion on the subject to me?

The Pencil Neck
06-24-2009, 06:00 PM
I assumed nothing. We're only talking about that specific instance. I'm sure this is the rotten cherry on top of the f'd up sundae that is TO's mental state.

So....you call me out on only mentioning this incident, recite only this incident, and then have a very similar opinion on the subject to me?

I didn't really think I was I "calling you out".

You were saying that this guy needs to get over this ONE thing that happened to him 20 years ago. I was just pointing out that it's probably much more than one thing.

I think we agree on the fact that no matter what happens, you've got to find a way to deal with it. Personally, I don't think I'm in a position to tell whether or not TO is dealing with it. He doesn't seem to me to be like a Pacman Jones or a Ryan Leaf. He doesn't seem that self destructive or delusional. But he could be.

Hooston Texan
06-25-2009, 08:44 AM
It must have been a typo or something man. I meant to write "saga". Sometimes I'll be typing so fast on these message boards that I don't proof read my posts and have spelling errors that normally wouldn't be there.

I have nothing against Sage, and wish him the best.

Just having fun with you, Tex. I'm as opposed to the grammar/typo police as the next guy, but I just couldn't resist in this case. :)

Texecutioner
06-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Just having fun with you, Tex. I'm as opposed to the grammar/typo police as the next guy, but I just couldn't resist in this case. :)

I was wondering, like how did he think I was talking about a Rosencopter reality show out of that? Lol! Cool man.

CloakNNNdagger
06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
THEY'RE BAAAAACK! (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/26/to-returns-to-the-superstars/)

With the folks at ABC realizing that most if not all potential interest in their revival of The Superstars evaporated with the first-episode departure of Bills receiver Terrell Owens and his feisty, foul-mouthed, she-devil partner, there’s been a surprising twist.

T.O. and Joanna Krupa will be returning.

As this leaked video of the next episode illustrates, former tennis player Jennifer Capriati suffered an injury, which disqualified her team.

According to the long-established and judicially-vetted rules of The Superstars franchise, the last team to be disqualified returns.

How convenient.

Meanwhile, Krupa stands by her profanity-filled rant at Owens from the first week of the show.

“Yes, I blew up, but I had my reasons,” Krupa tells Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “Trust me, there was a lot of frustration, and it was building up throughout the competition — and then it burst. I didn’t feel like my partner was giving it 100 percent, and I didn’t feel like I had a teammate. Poor, poor him? Come on! Look at his track record.

“To some people, I’m a hero. I stood up to T.O. After what he’s been doing to teammates for years, I finally gave it back.”

But Warren Sapp, who’s working as an announcer on the show, thinks that Krupa was the problem.

“She’s a maneater,” Sapp told Silver. “You heard of cougars and all that [expletive]. This is a maneater, buddy. She wants to make it seem like he was [a primadonna], but I was there, and that’s a lie. She’s a nightmare. She treated him like he was her child. She’s crazier than any athlete I’ve ever seen. . . . As I watched her berate him, I thought, ‘Oh, if I could put Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia, one on each shoulder, and Tony Romo on the top of my head, it would be amazing. Cause this is something I haven’t seen.’ [Owens] looked at me like, ‘Dawg, what do I do with her?’ I was like, ‘I have no idea.’”

Krupa takes issue with that characterization, offering more details regarding the issues with Owens.

“Let’s get that [expletive] straight,” she said. “He was late every time he had a call time. He was 30 minutes late. I understand he was the star of the show, and the star is always late. I get it. But that wasn’t the only thing. Every time we were off camera, he was taking off his shirt, so we could all look at him. He had his bodyguard and assistant with him the whole shoot. There was a point where he threatened he was gonna leave the show if he couldn’t wear his hat with his website on it. There was a lot going on that people didn’t see on the show.”

But here’s the bottom line. No one will be watching the show if T.O. isn’t on it, especially since he’s finally met his match.

Texecutioner
06-26-2009, 05:26 PM
THEY'RE BAAAAACK! (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/26/to-returns-to-the-superstars/)

What is this show actually?

Sapp's words were hilarious about that though. I love listening to Sapp's commentary. Hated him as a player, but as a commentator he's pretty funny.

CloakNNNdagger
06-26-2009, 08:41 PM
What is this show actually?

Sapp's words were hilarious about that though. I love listening to Sapp's commentary. Hated him as a player, but as a commentator he's pretty funny.

The Superstars (http://abc.go.com/primetime/thesuperstars/index?pn=index)

Goldensilence
06-26-2009, 08:52 PM

Lol @ the idea of someone NEEDING to make TO look like a primiadonna. . Freaking hilarious comment...oh wait...he was serious?

Double Barrel
06-29-2009, 04:59 PM
But Warren Sapp, who’s working as an announcer on the show, thinks that Krupa was the problem.

“She’s a maneater,” Sapp told Silver. “You heard of cougars and all that [expletive]. This is a maneater, buddy. She wants to make it seem like he was [a primadonna], but I was there, and that’s a lie. She’s a nightmare. She treated him like he was her child. She’s crazier than any athlete I’ve ever seen. . . . As I watched her berate him, I thought, ‘Oh, if I could put Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia, one on each shoulder, and Tony Romo on the top of my head, it would be amazing. Cause this is something I haven’t seen.’ [Owens] looked at me like, ‘Dawg, what do I do with her?’ I was like, ‘I have no idea.’”

LMAO!!! lol:

That was awesome. What a team, TO and Krupa. The witch and the jock itch. :heh:

StarStruck
07-01-2009, 09:54 AM
LMAO!!! lol:

They were a good team last night and were acting like old buddies. Of course they blew everyone away in the races and if not mistaken were second place in total points.

HoustonFrog
07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
LMAO!!! lol:

And this

http://mt4-blogs.nbcsports.com/system/mt-search.cgi?search=krupa&IncludeBlogs=14&limit=20

“Let’s get that [expletive] straight,” she said. “He was late every time he had a call time. He was 30 minutes late. I understand he was the star of the show, and the star is always late. I get it. But that wasn’t the only thing. Every time we were off camera, he was taking off his shirt, so we could all look at him. He had his bodyguard and assistant with him the whole shoot. There was a point where he threatened he was gonna leave the show if he couldn’t wear his hat with his website on it. There was a lot going on that people didn’t see on the show.”