PDA

View Full Version : Confidence....

El Tejano
06-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Is anyone else noticing a different team already in this offseason? To me these players all sound as if they KNOW they can win. I've heard and seen interview after interview and everyone talks about this being a big year for us, that everyone knows what they have to do, that they just want to contribute to the team getting to the playoffs, that no playoffs would be a disappointment for the season. Even the rookies sound confident. Cushing sounds like someone is going to have to take his job, Barwin sounds like he feels he can dominate, and Quin sounds like he belongs in the NFL.

Or have we heard this before?

Texan_Bill
06-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Is anyone else noticing a different team already in this offseason? To me these players all sound as if they KNOW they can win. I've heard and seen interview after interview and everyone talks about this being a big year for us, that everyone knows what they have to do, that they just want to contribute to the team getting to the playoffs, that no playoffs would be a disappointment for the season. Even the rookies sound confident. Cushing sounds like someone is going to have to take his job, Barwin sounds like he feels he can dominate, and Quin sounds like he belongs in the NFL.

Or have we heard this before?

El Tejano - not to be:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/images/season31/episode1421/snl_1421_downer_wedding_03.jpg

But I'm going with the latter: "Or have we heard this before?" Confidence has to be shown with wins on the field.

The Pencil Neck
06-17-2009, 09:18 AM
I gotta go with TB here. At this point in the year, most teams have a good feeling and sound confident. Being confident doesn't translate to anything. It's like have you ever gone into a test at school feeling like you own the test only to come out beaten and bloody and alternatively gone into a test knowing you're going to get crushed and then come out feeling damned lucky that they only asked the stuff you knew about? It doesn't matter how you feel about yourself before, it only matters how you feel after.

El Tejano
06-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I hear yall. I do feel they have alot more confidence in each other though as compared to years past. When they talk about a certain teammate they aren't just giving the status quo response, but they really mean it. I feel like the team has a lot more confidence in Matt this year.

Thorn
06-17-2009, 10:36 AM
I think everyone, from ownership on down to the fans, will be disappointed if there isn't a legitimate challenging for a playoff spot this year.

Vinny
06-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I think everyone, from ownership on down to the fans, will be disappointed if there isn't a legitimate challenging for a playoff spot this year.
yeah, the last time this city has seen a winning season it was with the Oilers....it's time. I think most of the "confidence" fans see is their own. I see the players being optimistic every year.

76Texan
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I think the team came together nicely toward the end of last year.

And winning breeds confidence!

So yes, I agree that they feel "Right" to be truly optimistic. :texflag:

Jackie Chiles
06-17-2009, 12:15 PM
I see more talent and thats my reason for optimism. The fluff pieces from the website and the Chron that are written at this time of year no longer sway me but at least they kill some time.

pbat488
06-17-2009, 12:19 PM
this seemed like a good place to put in this link..

Schaub Pledges 16-game Season (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-10-84/Schaub-pledges-16-game-season.html)

here's hoping he doesn't have to eat those words in 6 months time.

HOU-TEX
06-17-2009, 01:26 PM

Schaub Pledges 16-game Season (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-10-84/Schaub-pledges-16-game-season.html)

I like Schaub a lot and truly believe he could statistically be a top 5 QB, but basically guaranteeing to remain healthy for 16 games is kind of a reach. I do applaud his optimism though.

"But I am going to be out there 16 weeks this year. I feel good. Offseason work, weight room, conditioning, I feel like it's going to happen this year, I'm going to make sure it does."

badboy
06-17-2009, 02:26 PM
If all we needed was a guarantee, why did he not do that last year? Sheesh. A guarantee will keep those illegal hits away from him. Oh, yeah. Don't most guarantees come with money back offers?

infantrycak
06-17-2009, 02:28 PM

Here's hoping he isn't counting pre-season games.