PDA

View Full Version : Hello Texan fans...

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Just a newbie here wanting to say hello.

badboy
06-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey! Welcome to the MB. Looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas. Have you been a Texans fan long? Steve

valleytexfan
06-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the boards! I'm not nearly one of the more active posters, but everyone is very friendly here and they'll roll out the red carpet for ya. If you love Texans, TT.com is the place to be! Welcome again!

DiehardChris
06-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Welcome aboard!

False Start
06-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the family! :jam: :cool:

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey! Welcome to the MB. Looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas. Have you been a Texans fan long? Steve

Not long at all. But I am now closely watching the Texans. Brand new interest.

I've always been a Raider fan. :gun:

nero THE zero
06-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Any of our draftees from the Bay Area?

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM

No Bay Area connection. Just have been a Raider fan since the 6th grade. That was a really really really looooong time ago.

DiehardChris
06-10-2009, 01:12 PM

Haha, that was my first thought as well! Maybe a player mom?

TexMexMom - we do have one player parent on the board, though I haven't seen him around in a while. Center Chris Myers' dad posts occasionally.

I know Troy Nolan is form SoCal...

Showtime100
06-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy being here as much as I have. :tiphat:

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Haha, that was my first thought as well! Maybe a player mom?

TexMexMom - we do have one player parent on the board, though I haven't seen him around in a while. Center Chris Myers' dad posts occasionally.

I know Troy Nolan is form SoCal...

Well I'm not trying to be coy. I just hesitate to divulge all. I've been reading for a couple of months. Seems fairly tame....but it is the off season!

OzzO
06-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, when's the last time we had a "newbie intro" thread? Welcome to the site and the Texan fan base. Catching the Texans on the way up.

Raiders, huh? You'll probably always have a spot (not necessarily the heart) for them. I'm sure the owner drove you over the edge. Kinda like Bud did (does) and Jerrah continues to do.

GlassHalfFull
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome to another Mom. The women on the board are few and far between, so we have to stick together.

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow, when's the last time we had a "newbie intro" thread? Welcome to the site and the Texan fan base. Catching the Texans on the way up.

Raiders, huh? You'll probably always have a spot (not necessarily the heart) for them. I'm sure the owner drove you over the edge.

And yes, exactly.

Thanks for the welcome all.

I'm actually Arian Foster's mom..............................be gentle. :tiphat:

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Welcome to another Mom. The women on the board are few and far between, so we have to stick together.

Women are few and far between on most boards, so I'm kinda used to that. But you're right, we moms must stick together!

Thanks for the welcome.

Specnatz
06-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the funny farm, we are a sarcastic who tend to argue at times but what family doesn't. That is what this place is, family.

Glad to have you here.

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the funny farm, we are a sarcastic who tend to argue at times but what family doesn't. That is what this place is, family.

Glad to have you here.

Thanks.....hey, don't you have your own emoticon????

Old School
06-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Well I'm not trying to be coy. I just hesitate to divulge all. I've been reading for a couple of months. Seems fairly tame....but it is the off season!
Welcome aboard!! Yes it is pretty tame here. The only exception is the No Spin Zone (NSZ). You will find that is where the gloves come off!! :wild:
But you will find that the same 2 people going at it in the NSZ will be posting to each other nice and calm 5 minutes later in the other forums.
Again, welcome aboard!!:texflag:

Old School
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks.....hey, don't you have your own emoticon????
Yeah, he is a legend in his own mind....er, I mean time!!

GlassHalfFull
06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
You will find that many of us have our own :glasshalffull:

One of the things that makes the board so great is our wonderful list of emoticons, thanks to Khari who keeps us so well supplied.

jaayteetx
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
And yes, exactly.

I'm actually Arian Foster's mom..............................be gentle. :tiphat:

Well, welcome aboard and good luck to your son!

Hardcore Texan
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Welcome TexMexMom. Great bunch of diehard Texans fans on this MB. If you ever make it out to a game you should tailgate if possible. Most of the posters here tailgate and welcome anyone and everyone, friendliest group of people you will meet.

As far as Arian goes a lot of us have been very excited to see how he does in training camp. We really need the help at RB. There are a couple of threads around here about him already. Best of luck to him.

drewmar74
06-10-2009, 01:58 PM
And yes, exactly.

Three things:

Welcome aboard.

God bless.

We're really pulling for your boy.

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks...to all of you. I'm hoping that, should Arian make the team, we'll be able to go to several. But that's all gotta wait for now. He seems very positive about the OTA's, but as you all are aware, we just won't know til we know.

Showtime100
06-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Welcome TexMexMom. Great bunch of diehard Texans fans on this MB. If you ever make it out to a game you should tailgate if possible. Most of the posters here tailgate and welcome anyone and everyone, friendliest group of people you will meet.

As far as Arian goes a lot of us have been very excited to see how he does in training camp. We really need the help at RB. There are a couple of threads around here about him already. Best of luck to him.

I can't wait until the San Fran game. I'll finally get to meet my friends here.

DiehardChris
06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks...to all of you. I'm hoping that, should Arian make the team, we'll be able to go to several. But that's all gotta wait for now. He seems very positive about the OTA's, but as you all are aware, we just won't know til we know.

A lot of us were very excited to have Foster sign... and if I'm not mistaken he was very sought-after because the Texans had to give him a two-year deal to land him.

Best of luck to him. Personally - I think he's got a really good shot to make the team. RB is one of our thinnest positions, depth-wise.

Hardcore Texan
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I can't wait until the San Fran game. I'll finally get to meet my friends here.

I will most likely be at that game as well. Be funny if we met there, instead of the times we have missed each other at the local wing bar.

4Texans
06-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Hello! Welcome to the Texans. :tiphat:

brakos82
06-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the site! If you see me and PapaL posting in the same thread, run away... that's uncharted territory right there.

Showtime100
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM
I will most likely be at that game as well. Be funny if we met there, instead of the times we have missed each other at the local wing bar.

Lol, yes, and my apologies. I believe it was my fault. :headhurts:

Porky
06-10-2009, 03:10 PM
A lot of us were very excited to have Foster sign... and if I'm not mistaken he was very sought-after because the Texans had to give him a two-year deal to land him.

Best of luck to him. Personally - I think he's got a really good shot to make the team. RB is one of our thinnest positions, depth-wise.

It all depends on Chris Brown. If he is healthy, our depth is actually pretty good and Foster is a bubble guy. If Brown is out with an injury (shocking I know!) than I think Foster has an excellent chance. He just needs to grab the bull by the horns and show the coaches he belongs. I'm definetely excited to see what he brings in pre-season.

Welcome to you TexmexMom. The only warning I would give you is that if you have a thin skin don't come here after a bad game or bad performance by Arian. In the meantime, have fun. You will learn a lot about the Texans just by reading. Many of our posters are highly informed. You will get more soild analysis here than just about anywhere.

Goldensilence
06-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Welcome board to one of the net's best forums.

I have a lot of Raider friends so I can understand the sentiments most of the Raider nation shares.

Best of luck to Arian most of us here are really pulling for him and think he can make an impact on the team.

Showtime100
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
It all depends on Chris Brown. If he is healthy, our depth is actually pretty good and Foster is a bubble guy. If Brown is out with an injury (shocking I know!) than I think Foster has an excellent chance. He just needs to grab the bull by the horns and show the coaches he belongs. I'm definetely excited to see what he brings in pre-season.

Welcome to you TexmexMom. The only warning I would give you is that if you have a thin skin don't come here after a bad game or bad performance by Arian. In the meantime, have fun. You will learn a lot about the Texans just by reading. Many of our posters are highly informed. You will get more soild analysis here than just about anywhere.

I learn bigtime from this board.

TEXANS84
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay.

We are pulling for your boy, he can have great success at the RB position with Gibbs on this team.

badboy
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Any parent posting here deserves my respect. The criticism we dish out can be pretty raw as we allow our emotions to sometimes over come common courtesy. Myers dad went through a lot of that. Hopefully he will be back as season begins. Everything I read about our new running back looks very positive. I look forward to seeing him and hope he earns a roster spot. Actually I hope he can be our power back and play for about 15 years, go to pro bowl, Super Bowl, Ice Cream Bowl..uh, I'll shut up now.

Texan JBZ
06-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Welcome abroad! Glad to have you.

Good Advice: Stay away from the No Spin Zone!!!

The Pencil Neck
06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the boards!

As several people have said, we were really psyched up when Arian got signed. We're hoping he has a long fruitful career.

With us.

As a running back.

:texflag:

TexMexMom
06-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Any parent posting here deserves my respect. The criticism we dish out can be pretty raw as we allow our emotions to sometimes over come common courtesy. Myers dad went through a lot of that. Hopefully he will be back as season begins. Everything I read about our new running back looks very positive. I look forward to seeing him and hope he earns a roster spot. Actually I hope he can be our power back and play for about 15 years, go to pro bowl, Super Bowl, Ice Cream Bowl..uh, I'll shut up now.

Well, I can't imagine it being any worse than the Tennessee boards at times. Great folks but extreeeeeemely passionate about their football. I can handle it 95% of the time. The other 5%, I just turn the computer off!
:user:

Here's hoping I get a chance to stick around! :scarygirl:

Txn_in_FL
06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the board. It's one of the extremely few I even frequent because the people here are so easy to deal with. No one ever gets riled up around here, no anger issues, no rude remarks... and sarcasm? None to be found around here, never.

Good luck to Arian and welcome to you again.

:texflag:

Brando
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the board and we are pulling for Arion to make the team! Good luck!

76Texan
06-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Well, I can't imagine it being any worse than the Tennessee boards at times. Great folks but extreeeeeemely passionate about their football. I can handle it 95% of the time. The other 5%, I just turn the computer off!
:user:

Here's hoping I get a chance to stick around! :scarygirl:Welcome!

I was wondering when you'll show up on the board!

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

I've warned the folks here not to mess with you! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Note to Board members: Another warning!
This lady here is very passionate about football and fairness.
When you criticize players, you'd better be very fair. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif
Myers' dad seems to be quite low key, which is a pretty stark contrast, I guess!?!

steelbtexan
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Welcome

I thnk your son is gong to be a great fit with the ZBS.

I followed his career in Tackville and I think he has the chance to have a long career.

Marciano said he will be a great ST guy so I am sure he will make the team.

I hope that he gets a chance at RB.

The board can be wicked but we are like family and will help anybody.

Hpoefully it will go better than with Myers dad. (I thought Myers did a good job last year but some board members dog him relentlessly)

Giant Tiger
06-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Three things:

Welcome aboard.

God bless.

We're really pulling for your boy.

I couldn't have said it any better :tiphat:

DiehardChris
06-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome

I thnk your son is gong to be a great fit with the ZBS.

I followed his career in Tackville and I think he has the chance to have a long career.

Marciano said he will be a great ST guy so I am sure he will make the team.

I hope that he gets a chance at RB.

The board can be wicked but we are like family and will help anybody.

Hpoefully it will go better than with Myers dad. (I thought Myers did a good job last year but some board members dog him relentlessly)

I remember Chris's dad when he first showed up - but I missed board members dogging him. Really? Like - dogged him because they don't like the way his son plays? That's real classy. Sheesh. I'm glad I missed that.

steelbtexan
06-10-2009, 10:42 PM
:spit:I remember Chris's dad when he first showed up - but I missed board members dogging him. Really? Like - dogged him because they don't like the way his son plays? That's real classy. Sheesh. I'm glad I missed that.

LOL

Shaft75
06-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Welcome to the board former Raiders fan!

We're all pretty tame around here. So just tell Arian not to try and helicopter his way for a 1st down at a critical part of a game, and we'll be a-okay.

Texanmike02
06-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Welcome. I'm the official "Debbie downer" of the board. I'm actually looking forward to your son playing here.

IMHO here's what he needs to be able to do to stick.

1. HOLD ONTO THE BALL.
2.Pound the ball
3.Pass Block/Blitz Pickup

Normally it would be the reverse order, but I imagine he's in more in goal line/ short yardage situations where pass blocking isn't quite as important.

Either way, I'm rooting for him. Hell I hope he has a better year than Slaton did last year. That would be one hell of a backfield if we got "that guy".

Mike

Texans_Chick
06-11-2009, 09:34 AM
And yes, exactly.

Welcome to the board! The more moms the better.:heart:

I attended the Texans All Access Event, and Special Teams coach, Joe Marciano went out of his way to say some great things about your son. As in, nobody asked a question about him, but Coach Joe brought up his name in the flow of conversation.

I write a Texans only blog for the Houston Chronicle. I invite you to check it out too--I try to encourage football talk without people being ugly, and I've always thought of it as a place where I wouldn't mind players, their family or my preacher reading it. You can be truthful about things without getting overly personal. Mostly I try to educate fans about the team, and recruit new fans by increasing their knowledge of what is going on.

Here's the link (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/).

Here's something I wrote not too long ago relevant to your son:

Gary Kubiak is a big believer in not caring how a player is acquired if he can contribute and demonstrates effort. Before camps each year during his Bronco days, he would talk about how WR Rod Smith was a UFA or how RB Terrell Davis was a sixth round pick. (And now how 7th round pick WR David Anderson has stayed with the team).

Here's a good post if you want to learn more about the offense (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/05/the_houston_texans_offense_bac.html).

If you have any questions about the team or the town that you don't wish to share publicly, please feel free to PM me privately. If I don't know the answer, I usually know who does.

Welcome again to Texans Talk!

steelbtexan
06-11-2009, 10:20 AM
I see alot of paralels between Arian and T.Davis.

Both were good RB's that got injured their SR year and fell in the draft.

Both were hard runners who run in the 4.6 range in shorts but also run in the 4.6's in pads.

Both have great hands out of the backfield and are great at blitz pick up.

Most importantly Kubes is the kind of guy that will give your son a chance.

I hope he has a long and productive career with the HOUSTON TEXANS.

TexMexMom
06-11-2009, 11:04 AM
for the kind words and the welcome. I am truly hoping Arian will stick with the team and be around for a long time. He's waited all his life for this opportunity and intends to make the most of it. Being at Tennessee was a wonderful experience and a tremendous opportunity for him. He's always believed in his abilities and just wants the chance to prove himself. Houston seemed like the perfect fit for him of all the options he had following the draft. So far, he's just working hard and staying focused.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and support.

OzzO
06-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Any parent posting here deserves my respect.....

What about siblings? Or have we already forgotten about Hulk?

SheTexan
06-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Welcome aboard MOM!! Sorry I haven't been around much lately to extend a HUGE TEXAN howdy to ya, but, took a little break from MBs, first time in 7 years. lol I'm pretty much the "old grandma" around here, but, love every minute of stirring the pot with these youngsters. As you will soon find out, the women on this board can hold their own against most of these opinionated guys, so don't be shy, feel free to voice your opinion.

Looking forward to a fantastic, exciting season with our team, and hope your boy makes the final cut. Gonna be a fun ride this year, and you will find out real soon just how passionate we are about our TEXAN football. LOVIN every minute of having football back in H-town!!

I'm only a PM away if ya have any questions you don't want to post public. If I don't know, I'll find out for ya!

Don't be shy, we're family here!!

Gma :shetexan:

ubecool454
06-11-2009, 03:18 PM

hello

badboy
06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
What about siblings? Or have we already forgotten about Hulk?David Carr's brother? If so, I think a bit different than Myer's dad. Carr's brother made some pretty bold statements & imo wave red flags at the bull (fans).

Texan Asylum
06-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Welcome to the boards! :fans:

Best of blessings to your son. :mail:

Wolf
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the board! The more moms the better.:heart:

I attended the Texans All Access Event, and Special Teams coach, Joe Marciano went out of his way to say some great things about your son. As in, nobody asked a question about him, but Coach Joe brought up his name in the flow of conversation.

I write a Texans only blog for the Houston Chronicle. I invite you to check it out too--I try to encourage football talk without people being ugly, and I've always thought of it as a place where I wouldn't mind players, their family or my preacher reading it. You can be truthful about things without getting overly personal. Mostly I try to educate fans about the team, and recruit new fans by increasing their knowledge of what is going on.

Here's the link (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/).

Here's something I wrote not too long ago relevant to your son:

Here's a good post if you want to learn more about the offense (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/05/the_houston_texans_offense_bac.html).

If you have any questions about the team or the town that you don't wish to share publicly, please feel free to PM me privately. If I don't know the answer, I usually know who does.

Welcome again to Texans Talk!
TC has her's too
:texans chick:

Welcome to the board!
stay around and enjoy the :popcorn:

scourge
06-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Welcome aboard!

You may have already seen it, but here is a thread from about a month ago on your son...

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61234&highlight=arian+foster

devo-x
06-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Enjoy the drama :popcorn:

J. Sean Wonton
06-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Welcome to the board and good luck to your son! :texflag:

Grams
06-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Welcome from another Mom and Grandma. Nice to see other ladies on the board.

Good luck to your son. Think he will be a great addition to the Texans.

The Pencil Neck
06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
I remember Chris's dad when he first showed up - but I missed board members dogging him. Really? Like - dogged him because they don't like the way his son plays? That's real classy. Sheesh. I'm glad I missed that.

Frankly, I don't recall that either.

I actually don't recall Chris' dad posting on here much after the first few times.

whiskeyrbl
06-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the board. And good luck to Arian. If our supposed #2 back plays to form he will be out sometime in the preseason with an injury giving Arian a great chance to be our powerback. I personally want to see a three headed monster RB rotation of Slaton - Foster - J. Johnson. The AFC has a storm brewing in Southeast Texas that will be unleashed in September.:texflag:

bckey
06-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the boards TexMexMom! I really hope Arian makes the team because we really need a good compliment to Slaton and Arian looks to be a perfect fit imho. There will be some serious competition at the rb position this year between Foster, Johnson, Moats and Brown. Good luck to your son and enjoy rooting for a team that is most likely going to have its first winning season. It is a good time to be a Texans fan. I expect a big influx of new fans this year because of the teams success.

mancunian
06-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Hello from the UK :)

BigWig
06-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the Board, good time to join while all the crazys are taking a break!
Good luck to your son, I hope he makes the team!

badboy
06-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the Board, good time to join while all the crazys are taking a break!
Good luck to your son, I hope he makes the team!I am not taking a break! I was on telephone with the pharmacy making sure my Xanax is ready to pick up.

Texans_Chick
06-22-2009, 01:29 PM
A focus on Arian Foster and the Texans running back position (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/06/clay_travis_talks_about_arian.html) in the TC blog.

Hopefully it isn't a jinx and you don't mind the TexMexMom shoutout.