PDA

View Full Version : "OPEN" Daniels.... It's official

barrett
06-02-2009, 03:05 PM
from HT.com's live chat with Owen Daniels:

barrett - austin, TX, US: Owen, we over at texanstalk.com have given you the nickname "OPEN" Daniels. What do you think? Seems pretty appropriate I think!

Owen Daniels: I like it a lot. Whoever thought of that is a genius, and it works because it's true. Thanks.

There you have it. It's official. Put O.D. to rest. OPEN Daniels is our starting TE.

El Tejano
06-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Nobody is going to give me credit for it but I came up with that. There's a thread somewhere about nicknames and I was talking about how some of our guys are starting to get nicknames and I came up with Open Daniels. Darn it where's my copyright when I need it.

76Texan
06-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Nobody is going to give me credit for it but I came up with that. There's a thread somewhere about nicknames and I was talking about how some of our guys are starting to get nicknames and I came up with Open Daniels. Darn it where's my copyright when I need it.

Send him an e-mail.
Maybe you'll get some good seats at one of the games! :)

Silver Oak
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
www.opendaniels.com

it's available.

barrett
06-02-2009, 04:27 PM

The blasphemy! It was I who coined it I tell you!!!! I!!! :)

I'll now show proof if it pleases the court:

06-02-2008that's my nickname for Walter "KevinS Walter" i figure the trend is to add an "s" somewhere it doesn't belong so that's what i do.

i've been campaigning for a year and a half now to have Owen Daniels' name officially changed to Open Daniels.

those are the only two nick names I have come up with. Obviously KevinS Walter is stupid but it stuck. Open Daniels though, that's pure gold.

12-10-2007totally clutch.

a nickname we came up with:

Kevins Walter.

and my personal favorite:

OPEN Daniels

I know the Kevin(s) one is lame but help me spread the love with OPEN Daniels... it's too perfect!

and from all the way back in 10-09-2007call it whatever you want....

i'm calling it "Open" Daniels from now on. I'm lovin' it!

Your witness.

HOU-TEX
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Eh, I'll stick with OD. Short, sweet and easy to bark while in a drunken stupor.

If I were to choose a nickname for OD, it'd be "The Weatherman"

Specnatz
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
provide links Barrett so others can judge.

El Tejano
06-02-2009, 04:38 PM
If you have time to go over all your posts then be my guest. Either way I'm cool.

Vinny
06-02-2009, 04:39 PM
If you have time to go over all your posts then be my guest. Either way I'm cool.I just did a pretty big search...couldn't find an old phrase of "open daniels" for you. I'll look more later, and over at the dotcom.

powerfuldragon
06-02-2009, 04:42 PM
provide links Barrett so others can judge.

the little blue thingy next to his name in the quote jumps you to the page.

barrett
06-02-2009, 04:47 PM
giggidy. Thanks dragon. I just learned something new!

gtexan02
06-02-2009, 05:21 PM
May 18, 2004
In the event that we ever draft someone named Owen, I suggest his nickname be "Open." If he plays on offense that is

Winner

(now I need a time machine...)

barrett
06-02-2009, 05:46 PM
or at least a "blue thingy" :) Who cares in the end. I'm just please to see that the man himself is digging it!

God we're not even to the dry time yet!

dalemurphy
06-02-2009, 06:15 PM
The blasphemy! It was I who coined it I tell you!!!! I!!! :)

I'll now show proof if it pleases the court:

06-02-2008

12-10-2007

and from all the way back in 10-09-2007

Your witness.

Barrett also came up with the nickname for my three kids:

Benjamin... he came up with "Ben"
Samuel... he came up with "Sam"
Kathryn... he came up with "Kate"

The man is a genius! By the way, he has been annoyingly persistant screaming Open Daniels for the past 2 seasons. He was calling OD "Open Daniels" back when I was calling Demarcus Faggins "The Man!"

Specnatz
06-02-2009, 06:16 PM
or at least a "blue thingy" :) Who cares in the end. I'm just please to see that the man himself is digging it!

God we're not even to the dry time yet!

MY computer is color blind because I do not see a "blue thingy"

JCTexan
06-02-2009, 06:21 PM

When you quote someone beside their name is a blue thing, if you click on it it will take you directly to the page of the quote. In this post, in the quote there is an arrow beside your name if you click on it you will be taken to your post.

Specnatz
06-02-2009, 06:23 PM
When you quote someone beside their name is a blue thing, if you click on it it will take you directly to the page of the quote. In this post, in the quote there is an arrow beside your name if you click on it you will be taken to your post.

See I was looking for a link not that, I knew that was there and did not even think about that. D'oh

:headhurts:

Kaiser Toro
06-02-2009, 07:30 PM
May 18, 2004

Winner

(now I need a time machine...)

Sorry, we have a strict five year rule on coinage rights of nicknames.

False Start
06-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Eh, I'll stick with OD. Short, sweet and easy to bark while in a drunken stupor.

If I were to choose a nickname for OD, it'd be "The Weatherman"

Same here.

barrett
06-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Barrett also came up with the nickname for my three kids:

Benjamin... he came up with "Ben"
Samuel... he came up with "Sam"
Kathryn... he came up with "Kate"

The man is a genius! By the way, he has been annoyingly persistant screaming Open Daniels for the past 2 seasons. He was calling OD "Open Daniels" back when I was calling Demarcus Faggins "The Man!"

I'd like to know who came up with that spelling of Kathryn? I'm going to start calling you Dayle or Jaques. Hmmmm?

dalemurphy
06-03-2009, 04:22 AM
I'd like to know who came up with that spelling of Kathryn? I'm going to start calling you Dayle or Jaques. Hmmmm?

talk to the wife!

Texan Asylum
06-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Am I missing something? :um:

I understand him being open for receptions and all, but is there something else I'm missing that makes this "click" for a nickname? idonno:

BigWig
06-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Now theres now way you can claim fame to my nickname!:kingkong:

The Pencil Neck
06-03-2009, 11:42 AM

I understand him being open for receptions and all, but is there something else I'm missing that makes this "click" for a nickname? idonno:

Um, no.

You're not missing anything.

mussop
06-03-2009, 12:07 PM

Was thinking the same thing. Its kinda blah.

El Tejano
06-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Was thinking the same thing. Its kinda blah.

It rhymes with Owen.:thisbig:

El Tejano
06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I just did a pretty big search...couldn't find an old phrase of "open daniels" for you. I'll look more later, and over at the dotcom.

That's where it might be. If you recall I used spend a great deal of time over there than over here.

badboy
06-03-2009, 12:51 PM
If Casey is as good as some think, Daniels may become known as "trade bait". If that happens, I do not expect any credit, just quiet applause.

The Pencil Neck
06-03-2009, 12:56 PM
It rhymes with Owen.:thisbig:

So does Snowin', Goin', Blowin', and Protozoan but that doesn't make them good nicknames. Open Daniels doesn't strike me as a great nickname. It's just blah.

(Actually, the first three kinda test the limit of the definition of rhyming for the semantically accurate.)

badboy
06-03-2009, 01:00 PM
So does Snowin', Goin', Blowin', and Protozoan but that doesn't make them good nicknames. Open Daniels doesn't strike me as a great nickname. It's just blah.

(Actually, the first three kinda test the limit of the definition of rhyming for the semantically accurate.)The Blowin Protozoan! I rather like that.

The Pencil Neck
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
The Blowin Protozoan! I rather like that.

The All Knowin' Samoan.

Except of course, the part about being Samoan.

beerlover
06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
officially entered the dead zone of the season :goodnight

gtexan02
06-03-2009, 01:37 PM
how about a name "Dead Zone" for a nickname? Because he's awesome all over the field but doesnt really score many tds

El Tejano
06-03-2009, 01:52 PM

(Actually, the first three kinda test the limit of the definition of rhyming for the semantically accurate.)

Those three have no relation to a football term. This is Texas - hardly snows and Owen Daniels doesn't snow. Goin could work but it really doesn't say what he's doing in a game. Blowin - well......

If you look at our games it seems as if Owen Daniels is always open to catch a pass and he has quite the ability to get open. That fact plus it rhymes with Owen and even starts with the same vowel makes it all a good name.

HOU-TEX
06-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Those three have no relation to a football term. This is Texas - hardly snows and Owen Daniels doesn't snow. Goin could work but it really doesn't say what he's doing in a game. Blowin - well......

If you look at our games it seems as if Owen Daniels is always open to catch a pass and he has quite the ability to get open. That fact plus it rhymes with Owen and even starts with the same vowel makes it all a good name.

Actually, it really doesn't rhyme that well either. Open - Owen :thinking:

The Pencil Neck
06-03-2009, 03:27 PM

I think that part is what is in dispute here.

It's not a good name.

Texan Asylum
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
PwenD = PwneD :cool:

Carr Bombed
06-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I think I'll just stick with O.D.

barrett
06-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Owen and I agree. That's really all that matters here.

spurstexanstros
06-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I believe I first called him "Open" Daniels two years ago....but I just cant remember what board...but who cares OD rocks.

best TE in the league ..I wished I wasnt working or I would have asked him a good question...like "Where the heck can I find an #81 jersey...would it kill the Texans to sell your jersey or even a jert."

TimeKiller
06-04-2009, 09:05 AM
This reminds me of a time me and some friends tried to come up with a name for a guy named Daniel. The only thing we ever came up with was "Daniel the Maniel"

It was a long summer.....

False Start
06-04-2009, 10:12 AM
This reminds me of a time me and some friends tried to come up with a name for a guy named Daniel. The only thing we ever came up with was "Daniel the Maniel"

It was a long summer.....

Now that is using your imagination.

http://74.86.44.120/phpBB3/images/smilies/p_bonghit.gif ........ :shades:

HOU-TEX
06-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Now that is using your imagination.

http://74.86.44.120/phpBB3/images/smilies/p_bonghit.gif ........ :shades:

:spit: Sweet! Pass it around, man

Gotta spread the rep BS

Vinny
06-04-2009, 11:48 AM

It was a long summer.....Daniel the Manuel. I kinda like it. :spit: I can see the National love now...

Bob Costas: "That Daniels has quite the work ethic, Chris".
Chris Collinsworth: "Yes, he has the hunger of a migrant field worker Bob".

Brando
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
The PA should have Owen! screamed over the speakers by Momma from Throw Momma from the Train when OD has a reception.

Momma: Owen!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/freeajents/anne_ramsey_4_JPG.jpg

badboy
06-05-2009, 02:16 PM
how about a name "Dead Zone" for a nickname? Because he's awesome all over the field but doesnt really score many tdsI like that for the defense. You come into our zone and you just may not leave.

barrett
06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
actually, statistics show that more than likely you will... with 7 points.

Texaninlild
06-05-2009, 03:35 PM

Perhaps your wife can point it out to you.