PDA

View Full Version : Trade for VY....

WesmanTexanfan
06-01-2009, 11:43 PM
I think if we can get him and only give up some scrub itd be a good deal, he should be cheap and he can work his way up the strings or off the team, I dont know. I am not a big fan of his pro career, at all, but some people really do need just the right situation.

TexansFanatic
06-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Duck!

IMA TEXAN
06-01-2009, 11:56 PM
I think if we can get him and only give up some scrub itd be a good deal, he should be cheap and he can work his way up the strings or off the team, I dont know. I am not a big fan of his pro career, at all, but some people really do need just the right situation.

We are trying to become a winning NFL team. Not the right situation.

mexican_texan
06-01-2009, 11:57 PM
It's been 3 years, let it go

m5kwatts
06-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Good idea but wouldn't lighting a bag of dog feces on fire and signing it to a contract be of more use?

BattleRedToro
06-02-2009, 12:00 AM

What would be the impetus of the trade? Reuniting him with Kasey Studdard so that he wouldn't have to travel as far for their all night :hobie: parties?

DiehardChris
06-02-2009, 12:09 AM
At least revise your statement to say that we should sign him for cheap after he's cut next year. If we traded for him, we'd be taking on his huge contract. His cap number is 14 million in 2010 and 15 million in 2011.

Still - bad idea. It's not just that he's not good - it's that he clearly "doesn't get it."

RipTraxx
06-02-2009, 12:34 AM
i got an idea...how about ..............................NO!

brakos82
06-02-2009, 12:48 AM
What did I do with that fork? I was gonna use it to poke my left eye out...

Malloy
06-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Ok, what about Bush then ? :)

Texaninlild
06-02-2009, 12:56 AM

Excellent idea! We can pick up the two rejects from the '06 draft. It would be a little funny to have Bush as a backup and VY as a backup.

Specnatz
06-02-2009, 01:10 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Durg-Cocain.gif http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Drugs-Crackpipe.gif http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/bong.gif Read my avatar!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Sign-brainfart.gif

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/trans-shortbus.gif

Old School
06-02-2009, 05:50 AM
How about a straight up trade. Mario for Reggie!! Then we can trade OD and Winston for VY. How long do you think it would take for the Tacks and the Aints to jump on those deals?

Wes.... Tsk, tsk. This is one of those posts that is like the mission statement in Jerry McGuire.... You should have left it in the closet! :)

Malloy
06-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Short of the poetic justice value of having VY and RB here, i cant see much reason :)

Honoring Earl 34
06-02-2009, 07:57 AM
We have Jacoby .

CloakNNNdagger
06-02-2009, 08:32 AM
What did I do with that fork? I was gonna use it to poke my left eye out...

Thanks for the idea..........I feel much better now.

http://jaggedsmile.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/poke-in-the-eye.jpg

BigBull17
06-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Maybe if he player change of pace running back. He is an awful QB with little to no smarts and no desire to put in the work to better himself. He's David Carr who runs a little faster and is less accurate. Carr's a loser, so is VY. I know it breaks UT people's hearts to see the chosen one fail, but he did. That's what he gets for being such a cocky *******. The EA commercials and the "This is my house" in Reliant. No thanks.:headhurts:

HOU-TEX
06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Great thread. Neg Rep

Mr teX
06-02-2009, 11:19 AM
shock thread..

FirstTexansFan
06-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Neutering....it's the answer :)

drewmar74
06-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Great thread. Neg Rep

I think that about sums it up.

WesmanTexanfan
06-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Has anyone even read my opinion of vince? I dont like him. I havnt said "hey lets give up mario for vince!" or demeaco, or andre, or even fred bennet, I say give up no one of any importance, simply a what if situation. Im basically suggesting that EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM would be intrested to see what happens if VY gets some kind of shot in Houston, wether he sucks or not. And by shot I dont mean in a starting role or ever even touching the field, maybe just a 3rd string try out.

I dont want to do it, and obviously neither does anyone else.

Neg rep.....c'mon, your breaking the unspoken rules.....:texflag:

Grams
06-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Has anyone even read my opinion of vince? I dont like him. I havnt said "hey lets give up mario for vince!" or demeaco, or andre, or even fred bennet, I say give up no one of any importance, simply a what if situation. Im basically suggesting that EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM would be intrested to see what happens if VY gets some kind of shot in Houston, wether he sucks or not. And by shot I dont mean in a starting role or ever even touching the field, maybe just a 3rd string try out.

I am somebody's MOM, and I hope I NEVER see VY in a Texans uniform, don't care what string he is on. Don't think the Texans need to waste any space on any roster for VY.

Polo
06-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Barber School.

False Start
06-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Trade for him to play what position? Maybe he could play the ol' "guard, end, and tackle" position. OR!!! he could play, left-out...... he seems to be doing a hell of a job at it right now. :cool:

Grams
06-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Maybe we need a forum titled "Stupid Ideas Because I Am Bored with the Offseason"

Vinny
06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
i saw some of his sausage discounted heavilly at Food World the other day. Apparently nobody wanted it at full price either.

El Tejano
06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
He could be a perfect fit still for someone who is looking to implement the Wildcat offense.

I'd like to hear a Titans fan point of view on this. Is the franchise trying to help him get his starter role and the team doesn't like him or are they just saying they will give him an opportunity to win but really Collins will be their man no matter?

Texan_Bill
06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
i saw some of his sausage discounted heavilly at Food World the other day. Apparently nobody wanted it at full price either.

lol:

Yankee_In_TX
06-02-2009, 12:33 PM
WHEN he leaves Tenn - will all the self professed Tenn fans who are really just VY fans stop being Tenn fans, thereby admitting they never actually gave a crap about the team?

Hervoyel
06-02-2009, 12:46 PM

No. This is not one of those cases. The man is nearly worthless on the professional level.

HOU-TEX
06-02-2009, 12:49 PM

FWIW, the neg rep was a joke. Sorta like this thread, no?

GlassHalfFull
06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
*Sigh* I miss the days of the one big all inclusive VY thread. We are starting to look more like TitansTalk than TexansTalk.

Double Barrel
06-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Maybe VY can be that guy that runs out and grabs the kicking tee. He can grab it and run around Reliant yelling "this is my house!". Maybe give him a little drum like Crazy George or something. That's the only way I want to see him in Texans gear.

Texan_Bill
06-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Maybe VY can be that guy that runs out and grabs the kicking tee. He can grab it and run around Reliant yelling "this is my house!". Maybe give him a little drum like Crazy George or something. That's the only way I want to see him in Texans gear.

VY< Mojo :D

BigBull17
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
He could be a perfect fit still for someone who is looking to implement the Wildcat offense.

I'd like to hear a Titans fan point of view on this. Is the franchise trying to help him get his starter role and the team doesn't like him or are they just saying they will give him an opportunity to win but really Collins will be their man no matter?

He makes too many poor decisions. The point of the Wildcat is to trick people, take advantage of forced errors, and not make mistakes. VY is a mistake everytime he touches the ball.

Texan4Ever
06-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Great thread. Neg Rep

How do we do that?

Anyways, what has VY done in his illustrious carrer...absolutley nothing!

Double Barrel
06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
VY< Mojo :D

LOL! No doubt. And Mojo is probably a better QB, too! ;)

Mailman
06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Anyways, what has VY done in his illustrious carrer...absolutley nothing!

And whose fault is that? Certainly not VY's.

If the Tits would just give the guy a chance....

Grams
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM

I sure hope you meant to put a sarcasm sign on that.

HOU-TEX
06-02-2009, 04:53 PM

Not that I really want to get into this, nor give a damn, but are you serious?

You do realize he was the starter and was basically given the job. He walked away from his team, man. He quit!

Double Barrel
06-02-2009, 05:01 PM

I'm pretty sure that Mailman was being sarcastic. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

But I say that because of his post in the other VY thread:

I am laughing my ass off about this because my fellow UT alums here in Austin and elsewhere are now fighting amongst themselves about VY's attitude and overall suckiness. Hahahaha.

Some will always be in the "OMG f *uck da haterz VY iz de bestest" camp, but many others are finally calling out #10 for his immaturity and criticizing his excus-making enablers in Longhorn Nation.

Suddenly they're not so fond of the Tennessee Titans. :texflag:

WesmanTexanfan
06-02-2009, 05:13 PM
FWIW, the neg rep was a joke. Sorta like this thread, no?

no, someone neg repp'd me.....:lion:

Mailman
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM

Haha. Yeah, I've got the Orangeblood act down pat. Just don't ask me to tickle VY's sac.

Mailman
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Not that I really want to get into this, nor give a damn, but are you serious?

You do realize he was the starter and was basically given the job. He walked away from his team, man. He quit!

Gotcha! Sucka.

SouthSideTexan
06-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I say we trade away our entire 2010 draft and our 1st and 3rd rounders for 2011. Sounds pretty fair for VY right.....right....oh someone agree with me!!!!

Sincerely,

Mike Ditka

:sarcasm:

HOU-TEX
06-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Gotcha! Sucka.

Touche, my friend. ;)

toronto
06-03-2009, 12:43 AM
As a Tack fan, lemme chime in. He's done. Pull out a game tape of the Colts game last year in the final game of the season as Exhibit A. He is completely lost on the field, to the point where if Kerry Collins gets hurt, I'd rather see what Patrick Ramsey has to offer.

I don't want whining quitters on my team. The Rose Bowl is over. Way over.

Mari-OWNED!
06-03-2009, 02:12 AM
I'd rather have Michael Vick... (Can't believe I just typed that)

brakos82
06-03-2009, 02:14 AM
I'd rather have Michael Vick... (Can't believe I just typed that)
I can't believe I just QFT'd ya for that.

Imatexanfan
06-03-2009, 02:55 AM
You all are crazy VY just has that win/leadership he brings to the table....the man is a winner period. I've said it once and I say it again I would have him over Schaub any day.

For yall to criticize him is just retarded, and don't make sense. And I know majority of the TT members will back me up on this too, he's got that "it" factor. From the long VY thread this will go on and on but if you are any kind of FB junkie you would know I'm right.

bigbrewster2000
06-03-2009, 09:07 AM
You all are crazy VY just has that win/leadership he brings to the table....the man is a winner period. I've said it once and I say it again I would have him over Schaub any day.

For yall to criticize him is just retarded, and don't make sense. And I know majority of the TT members will back me up on this too, he's got that "it" factor. From the long VY thread this will go on and on but if you are any kind of FB junkie you would know I'm right.

ummmm yeaaaahhh riiiight gotcha...............:backsout:

HOU-TEX
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM

Hmm, after being punked by Mailman, I'm not sure what to make of this.

Texan_Bill
06-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Why not? VY is the greatest thing to come along since cold beer and sliced bread. All the guy does is win. PERIOD!

Double Barrel
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM

Drugs are bad, mmm'kay.

VY has never really had to face adversity. He's gotten by on athleticism, where coaches simplified the playbook and structured the offenses to cater to his abilities. But this doesn't fly in the NFL. If a QB can't read defenses pre-snap (much less identify them), and if he can't sit in the pocket sometimes to find an open man, he won't have much success.

Nobody is guaranteed anything the NFL, much less a starting job. VY needs to realize that if he wants the job, he's got to prove that he's worthy of it. Whining to the press is not the first step in that process.

Texan JBZ
06-03-2009, 10:41 AM

For yall to criticize him is just retarded, and don't make sense. And I know majority of the TT members will back me up on this too, he's got that "it" factor. From the long VY thread this will go on and on but if you are any kind of FB junkie you would know I'm right. :sarcasm:

There, fixed it for ya. No need to thank me.

BigBull17
06-03-2009, 10:55 AM

...Seriously...You really believe this crap...? Thank God you arent GM of the Texans. Schaub will have a MUCH better career than VY will. There is zero doubt about that in my mind.:wild:

False Start
06-03-2009, 11:02 AM

:spit:

Good one man, for a second I thought you were serious.

Hookem Horns
06-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I think ImaTexanFan is just goating everyone on. No one is stupid enough to believe that crap anymore (ok there are still a few hold outs on Hornfans.com). BTW, as a UT fan I am not disappointed to see VY fail. Actually I am glad to see it because I look at what uniform a player is wearing NOW not in college. I think it's great that Bud's knee jerk act of drafting this guy just to piss off everyone in Houston blew up in his face. Bascially he wasted the #4 pick in the draft due to his vendetta against Houston. I am sure all the fans in Tennessee and Fisher are loving that.

BigBull17
06-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I think ImaTexanFan is just goating everyone on. No one is stupid enough to believe that crap anymore (ok there are still a few hold outs on Hornfans.com). BTW, as a UT fan I am not disappointed to see VY fail. Actually I am glad to see it because I look at what uniform a player is wearing NOW not in college. I think it's great that Bud's knee jerk act of drafting this guy just to piss off everyone in Houston blew up in his face.

He earned alot of animosity from me for the "This is my house" BS he did his rookie year. I like nothing more to see him fail anmd look like an ***** while doing it.

Texecutioner
06-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Haha. Yeah, I've got the Orangeblood act down pat. Just don't ask me to tickle VY's sac.

You go on OrangeBloods?

On that board there are always a number of posters that will chastise you if you even dream of criticizing VY in any sort of way. That's one of the most ridiculous boards I've ever seen on the web. Great site for articles and information, but their board is a freaking circus.

ON a second note, I remembe reading his recent comments a few days ago, and when I read the article and report it didn't come off that bad. But then last night I saw where he was saying all of this into a camera where his words came off more as if he was demanding a trade which he was. He looked really stupid, and with that recent display he pretty much ruined any chances he'll have in Tennessee if you ask me. They seem to have stood by him and have tried to work with him to get in there when he's ready, and now he's basically on tv demanding a trade if he can't start. Really poor decision on his part, and I'm not sure what type of boneheads are in his camp and pumping his head up to put his foot in his mouth like that but he just made another really bad decision that made him look immature.

El Tejano
06-03-2009, 03:07 PM
After watching it also, it seems to me Vince just wants out of Tennessee.

scourge
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I would pick up VY for 2, and only 2, reasons...

1. We pick him up in exchange for a plain cheese sandwich and are guaranteed by another team to take him off our hands in exchange for a 6" sub from subway. Just the sandwich, the combo would be asking too much. Even a veggie only one would suffice.

2. We trade the original sandwich to make him one of those flag runner guys whenever we score

SouthSideTexan
06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I would pick up VY for 2, and only 2, reasons...

1. We pick him up in exchange for a plain cheese sandwich and are guaranteed by another team to take him off our hands in exchange for a 6" sub from subway. Just the sandwich, the combo would be asking too much. Even a veggie only one would suffice.

2. We trade the original sandwich to make him one of those flag runner guys whenever we score

I'm not sure of that.....He might quit on his 3 team mates. I think he would do better as a parking attendant. He can just play for the first couple of hours and then if he quits...no body would really care...the parking lot is already full. Maybe as a part time beer guy.....Start work after halftime and then quit after the 3rd quarter.

scourge
06-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure of that.....He might quit on his 3 team mates. I think he would do better as a parking attendant. He can just play for the first couple of hours and then if he quits...no body would really care...the parking lot is already full. Maybe as a part time beer guy.....Start work after halftime and then quit after the 3rd quarter.

Good Point on the flag boy.

Most of the parking attendants have no idea whats going on anyways.

But the beer idea is horrible. I don't need someone who isn't accurate pouring my beer and spilling it everywhere and ending up with a 60/40 head to beer ratio, but thinking it's ok because he has intangibles and in the end "willed" the beer into my cup. Only to shout out, "This is MY beer stand!" afterwards.

Silver Oak
06-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Good Point on the flag boy.

Most of the parking attendants have no idea whats going on anyways.

But the beer idea is horrible. I don't need someone who isn't accurate pouring my beer and spilling it everywhere and ending up with a 60/40 head to beer ratio, but thinking it's ok because he has intangibles and in the end "willed" the beer into my cup. Only to shout out, "This is MY beer stand!" afterwards.

agree with you, but think of the fun we could have if he was having to do 'rithmetic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqueZ1KNeT8&feature=related

ObsiWan
06-03-2009, 05:28 PM

Speaking of unspoken rules, since you didn't use the sarcasm sign on the original post, we'll have to figure that you were serious. So, two questions:

(1) What makes you think Vince is on the trading block?

(2) In what possible way would he fit our offense?
(assuming Vince suddenly had an infusion of heart and was magically given the ability to throw an accurate pass - I know, I know... there's still that whole ability to read a defense thing that needs work, but I don't want to use up ALL my Genie's damned magic trying to give VY a brain too...)

Hookem Horns
06-03-2009, 05:41 PM
We could always use another saugage vendor on the Club Level.

WesmanTexanfan
06-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Speaking of unspoken rules, since you didn't use the sarcasm sign on the original post, we'll have to figure that you were serious. So, two questions:

(1) What makes you think Vince is on the trading block?

(2) In what possible way would he fit our offense?
(assuming Vince suddenly had an infusion of heart and was magically given the ability to throw an accurate pass - I know, I know... there's still that whole ability to read a defense thing that needs work, but I don't want to use up ALL my Genie's damned magic trying to give VY a brain too...)

What? he just said he wanted out and he is sucking in Tennessee besides that, nothing.....

I dont know, I dont want him.....

Ive never been more sorry for starting a topic, IM sorry to all, someone.........(running out of air)..........just end it.....(gasping for air but speaking with deep conviction)..........erase the thread,BOOM:gun:

Lucky
06-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I can't believe I'm I am posting in this thread...

First, no team will trade for Vince Young's contract. Not for a 7th round pick in the 2100 draft. Ain't happening. So, let's set this foolishness aside, and discuss Young's options when, not if, he's released by the Titans.

No one was a bigger critic of Vince Young as a QB than I. I still think his best position is a slash, ala early Kordell Stewart. There are teams in the NFL with innovative offensive minds that could use Young in this manner. The Texans are not one of these teams. The Texans run the Bronco West Coast/Zone offense and will continue to do so under this regime. There's no flexibility to work in elements of a wildcat/slash type offense on even a part-time basis.

The Cardinals under Whisenhunt could utilize a hybrid like Young. So could the Chiefs, the Broncos, the Dolphins, and the Pats. The question is, would Vince Young accept a role as a slash player? Or would he pout and demand to play a conventional QB position? If Young would embrace the role, he could still become one of the more dynamic players in the NFL. If insists on being a QB only...

The CFL needs QBs, too.

BeatDaTitans
06-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Who wants VY? he hasnt done anything since college....he is a huge flop.....he needs to stop whining ,sit down shut up and dry his tears.... He blows worse than David Carr did for Carolina.... VY has thrown more interceptions then Touchdowns....Whoever said that needs to be smitted.... If we did anything bring in Marvin Harrison or someone like Dwayne Robertson(DT) from Denver, or Mike Brown(FS) from Chicago. I've put in my two cents...

Lucky
06-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Whoever said that needs to be smitted....
Just a heads up, but we don't allowing smitting in this forum. Not on my watch.

ObsiWan
06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
What? he just said he wanted out and he is sucking in Tennessee besides that, nothing.....

Ive never been more sorry for starting a topic, IM sorry to all, someone.........(running out of air)..........just end it.....(gasping for air but speaking with deep conviction)..........erase the thread,BOOM:gun:

oh....
is that all?
I thought someone had leaked a memo from Bud saying VY could be had at reasonable cost.
:o)

I move that we all just let this thread pass quietly into the abyss.... I figure your thread starting skills are rusty due to this dead period we all are suffering thru due to no football. Even the media is struggling. I mean, the radio talk shows are still going on because LeBron didn't shake hands....
puh-leeeeaze! who gives a ....

ObsiWan
06-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Just a heads up, but we don't allowing smitting in this forum. Not on my watch.

Can't we smite just a little?
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail017.jpg

WesmanTexanfan
06-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Can't we smite just a little?
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail017.jpg

Allright, we'll call it a draw.....:cowboy1:

michaelm
06-04-2009, 01:53 AM
I honestly hope this thread lives a life as long and active as the Embarrassing Pics Of Dante' thread.

TimeKiller
06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I hope Vince Young plays football forever.

GlassHalfFull
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM

That is what happens when you PUI. I would have thought Thorn's drunk thread would have been the appropriate place for this thread. Maybe a mod will move it there for you.

(just go with it Wes, I am trying to give you an out)

Txn_in_FL
06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Maybe as a part time beer guy.....Start work after halftime and then quit after the 3rd quarter.

Problem with that is anytime you try to get a beer from him he'll give it to someone else by mistake.

dc_txtech
06-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Don't feel bad Wes, you weren't the only one to have this idea....

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=143926

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=144490

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?t=14838

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=73850

Specnatz
06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Don't feel bad Wes, you weren't the only one to have this idea....

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=143926

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=144490

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?t=14838

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=73850

Yep and most said oh Hell NO!

dc_txtech
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Yep and most said oh Hell NO!

It says alot when a team with Orton at the helm doesn't want you.

Specnatz
06-04-2009, 03:31 PM

Look who the 49ers have and their fans are saying no.

HOU-TEX
06-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Look who the 49ers have and their fans are saying no.

I think Pearland High School would say NO at this point.

mexican_texan
06-04-2009, 06:04 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say you didn't watch a Bears game last season other than the Texans one. He's a good QB.

spurstexanstros
06-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Are you serious with this thread? Omg the off season is too long...insanity has taken over.

Texecutioner
06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say you didn't watch a Bears game last season other than the Texans one. He's a good QB.

I'm not sure that I would call him a good QB, but he is an under rated one. He improved quite a bit actually last season and I wouldn't be surprised to continue to see more growth with him this year on the Broncos with those targets he has.

HOU-TEX
06-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Well looky there, there is a team that actually wants Sausage Boy.

The Toronto Argonauts have reportedly placed Titans backup QB Vince Young on their "secret negotiation list."

Argos coach Bart Andrus used to work for the Titans. CFL teams often do this with NFL players, but it rarely amounts to a contract. Joey Harrington was also "claimed" by a Canadian League team a year ago, but never played there.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Wolf
06-05-2009, 01:01 PM
on a side note, I wonder if the Titans could do everything again, if they would have kept McNair and let Steve tutor Young (I don't remember the whole situation with McNair)

Or if it would have even helped Young

Double Barrel
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
on a side note, I wonder if the Titans could do everything again, if they would have kept McNair and let Steve tutor Young (I don't remember the whole situation with McNair)

If they could go back and do it over again, I doubt that VY would be a Titan. ;)

HOU-TEX
06-05-2009, 02:18 PM

Considering Chow was the OC at the time, I think they would've drafted Leinart if the Coaches were allowed to make the pick. Obviously Bud had his 12 sandwich eatin, knuckle-dragging dick beaters all over that pick.

Texan_Bill
06-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Considering Chow was the OC at the time, I think they would've drafted Leinart if the Coaches were allowed to make the pick.

Not to mention that Fisher himself was a USC guy.

HOU-TEX
06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Not to mention that Fisher himself was a USC guy.

That's right. Forgot about that.

Personally, I thought Cutler was the better of the 3 back then. Obviously he still is, but IMO, he'd be even better if he'd shut his trap and play ball.

mexican_texan
06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
That's right. Forgot about that.

Personally, I thought Cutler was the better of the 3 back then. Obviously he still is, but IMO, he'd be even better if he'd shut his trap and play ball.
Fisher thought Cutler was a better pick. After all, Mike Shannahan drafted Cutler only on Fisher's recommendation. I don't think he would have done the same for VY.

Wolf
06-05-2009, 02:53 PM
WWJKD?

(What would John Kruk Do?)

:thinking:

for those that don't know, Mitch Williams wanted #28 and Kruk traded him 2 cases of beer for the jersey
http://www.bigfool.com/kruk/93dl.htm

:smiliedance:

I'd keep the beer