PDA

View Full Version : Rams up for sale

BSofA04
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4218760

It would terrible to see St. Louis lose the team.

stingray
05-31-2009, 08:43 PM
LA again?

BSofA04
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM
http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/rams-soon-will-put-up-sale-no-preconditions-36689/

Some knee-jerk reactions from Ram fans. Seems like the have some serious tax issues.

awtysst
05-31-2009, 09:20 PM
LA again?

They could play in Anaheim and be the Los Angles Rams of Anaheim!

Hookem Horns
05-31-2009, 09:22 PM

Why? It wasn't their team to start off with. That's like saying it would be terrible to see Nashville lose it's team. I would love to see them go back to L.A.

BSofA04
05-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Why? It wasn't their team to start off with. That's like saying it would be terrible to see Nashville lose it's team. I would love to see them go back to L.A.

So the Arizona Cardinals should go back to St. Louis too?

Specnatz
05-31-2009, 09:43 PM

The Cardinals are originally from Chicago.

BSofA04
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
The Cardinals are originally from Chicago.

And technically the Rams were originally from Cleveland before LA.

I just see how the fans are getting a team ripped away from them. After reading most board member feelings after the Oilers left, it's hard not to feel for them. Sure LA probably felt the same way, but most Cali transplants here in San Antonio could care less about the NFL. They're all about SC.

But most of all, I guess I'm just an LA hater.

Hookem Horns
05-31-2009, 11:02 PM

That would be nice too. :) Colts back to Baltimore, etc.

Hervoyel
05-31-2009, 11:34 PM
The Rams need to go back home and for them home is Los Angelas. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is. The Cardinals should go back to St. Louis as well but if they won't or can't then St. Louis should end up with the Jags which would pretty much mean they ended up getting the team they were shooting for following the Cardinals departure. In this scenario the only people really put out by the turn of events would be about 40 guys in Jacksonville and a bunch of tarps.

While we're fixing things the Colts should lose their name and be forced to pick a new identity. The Ravens should ditch that stupid bird crap and become the Colts. The Titans lose all their history prior to 1996 and that goes to the Texans. In its place the Titans get to pretend that they've been around since the 60's and wear the New York Jets old uniforms as their throwback. The Jets meanwhile get their time as the Titans chopped off and have two options. They can be the Namath era Jets or the latter "modern logo" Jets and that's it. The Texans get the Oilers past but don't get the Dallas Texans past because we don't want it since it used to be in Dallas. It's soiled.

Corrosion
06-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I dont want the Titans back .... no way no how.

Now if we could get ridda Dud Adams and maybe go back to being the Oilers ....

WWJD
06-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Houston is lucky to have the Texans..better everything.

nunusguy
06-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Terrible for St. Louis would be losing the Cardinals. Losing the Rams wouldn't
be nearly so serious.

Hookem Horns
06-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Terrible for St. Louis would be losing the Cardinals. Losing the Rams wouldn't
be nearly so serious.

Not sure about that. Historically the Rams have been a decent franchise and even have a Super Bowl win. Until last season the Cardinals have been one of if not the worst run franchise in sports. I have always looked at the Cardinals as the place where careers go to die.

I think seeing the Cards in the Super Bowl last season was like seeing Haley's Comet, a once in a lifetime experience. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

HOU-TEX
06-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Not sure about that. Historically the Rams have been a decent franchise and even have a Super Bowl win. Until last season the Cardinals have been one of if not the worst run franchise in sports. I have always looked at the Cardinals as the place where careers go to die.

I think seeing the Cards in the Super Bowl last season was like seeing Haley's Comet, a once in a lifetime experience. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

I think he was speaking of the Baseball Cardinals?

spurstexanstros
06-01-2009, 12:13 PM
"Dont even think about it , San Antonio..that is unless you want the earth to swallow you up into the seventh level of Hell."-Jerry Jones

STS " what do you call the training camp you will have here in July then? After all that usually makes a giant sucking sound. I assumed that it led to hell."

Due to this post Jerry Jones has kidnapped STS and forced him to watch Hard knocks on NFLN...maybe then will he realize the greatness of the Cowboys.

"Fat chance"-STS:texflag:

TimeKiller
06-01-2009, 01:03 PM
When I start hearing about teams moving the first thing I think of every time is the opening sequence of Base-ketball.

"The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil...
The Jazz moved to Utah where they don't allow music...
The Minneapolis Lakers moved to LA where there are no lakes..."

Thorn
06-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I hate to see any town lose their NFL team. It's difficult on the fans, we should know.

Texan_Bill
06-01-2009, 02:22 PM
When I start hearing about teams moving the first thing I think of every time is the opening sequence of Base-ketball.

"The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil...
The Jazz moved to Utah where they don't allow music...
The Minneapolis Lakers moved to LA where there are no lakes..."

But I thought Uncle Jed found oil there. That's how they could afford to move to Beverly.... Hills that is. :specnatz:

I hate to see any town lose their NFL team. It's difficult on the fans, we should know.

Agree Thorn. The fans are the ones that really pay the price.

TimeKiller
06-01-2009, 03:26 PM
hahaha....hey Bill, I'm just going off of what I remember from the movie, I'm no oil-tycoon. I think the South Park guys are hilarious, naturally I thought this movie was pretty funny as well but I think most people and especially sports fans would enjoy watching the first 5 minutes of it where they tear free agency a new sports-hole.

nunusguy
06-01-2009, 04:03 PM

I'm talking about the St. Louis Baseball Cardinals, not the football version of the Cards.
St. Louis always has been more of a baseball town than any other sport because or their beloved Cardinals, the one for whom the Stan "The Man" played for back in the day.

ubecool454
06-01-2009, 04:38 PM
LA again?

I was thinking the same thing. St. Louis would be tied with LA as the only city to lose a NFL team two times.

Goldensilence
06-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Really hope someone in the city or area of St. Louis steps up for the franchise. I'd hate to see a team moved because of something like this and I'd especially hate to see it go to L.A. IMO the city doesn't deserve a team and wouldn't care.

Really sucks because I think Spagnulo is going to be a good coach and they picked up some interesting peices in the draft.

False Start
06-01-2009, 05:14 PM
LOL @ all the people in San Antonio hoping the Rams will come there. It just ain't happening. Football in the Alamodome is an ugly sight.

Double Barrel
06-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I hate to see any city lose a team, all things considered.

spurstexanstros
06-01-2009, 05:58 PM
LOL @ all the people in San Antonio hoping the Rams will come there. It just ain't happening. Football in the Alamodome is an ugly sight.

New stadium would be built on Northside between SA and Austin. I dont think it will happen as long as Jerry Jones is alive.

TimeKiller
06-02-2009, 08:40 AM

Keep loving the Cowboys jerks!!!!!! What happened to the "we have a team" bit????

Vinny
06-02-2009, 11:56 AM
LOL @ all the people in San Antonio hoping the Rams will come there. It just ain't happening. Football in the Alamodome is an ugly sight.true, plus the alamodome was a disaster. It was out of date the minute it was finished.

BSofA04
06-03-2009, 06:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4225066

Blues owner wants to buy Rams and keep them in St. Louis. Apparently he also owns the Salt Lake MLS team.

MannyFresh
06-03-2009, 07:13 PM
They could play in Anaheim and be the Los Angles Rams of Anaheim!

Dude that deserved some rep!

Speedy
06-03-2009, 07:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4225066

Blues owner wants to buy Rams and keep them in St. Louis. Apparently he also owns the Salt Lake MLS team.

40% of the Rams are owned by a sports owner in Denver. The Nuggets and Avalanche IIRC.

The Blues and Avalanche owning the same team?

Hagar
06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Any of y'all want to pool your money together and buy the Rams? As bad as they are, we should be able to get the team for cheap!

I got $10. :)

LonerATO
06-04-2009, 02:10 AM
40% of the Rams are owned by a sports owner in Denver. The Nuggets and Avalanche IIRC.

The Blues and Avalanche owning the same team?

If Stan Kroenke sold the Avalanche he would then be able to buy the team outright. I would have to say owning an NFL team these days is a better investment then an NHL team.

LonerATO
06-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Keep loving the Cowboys jerks!!!!!! What happened to the "we have a team" bit????

I have been stuck in San Antonio for a few years now due to my job and the city sucks. I will say this about San Antonio football fans, they fing love the Cowboys more then people in Dallas do. These are the kinds of fans who show up to everything related to the Cowboys and they are also the kinds of fan base the Texans ownership would love to have. They have no problem spending a ass load of money on anything Cowboys related. When I drive back to Houston to visit friends and some family I am always on the lookout for people sporting Texans gear or hell even stickers and I see very few and yes I do know that there are a few more million people here. In San Antonio you will see 15 Cowboys bumper sticks on like 4 cars, these people will fight you if you talk shit about the Cowboys and yet I would venture to say that 90% of these people have never seen a game live. I have a feeling that someday soon San Antonio will get an NFL and it will make a massive dent in the Cowboys fan base. I could see that team only playing in the Alamodome for about a year or two before they would build a stadium.

BSofA04
06-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I have been stuck in San Antonio for a few years now due to my job and the city sucks. I will say this about San Antonio football fans, they fing love the Cowboys more then people in Dallas do. These are the kinds of fans who show up to everything related to the Cowboys and they are also the kinds of fan base the Texans ownership would love to have. They have no problem spending a ass load of money on anything Cowboys related. When I drive back to Houston to visit friends and some family I am always on the lookout for people sporting Texans gear or hell even stickers and I see very few and yes I do know that there are a few more million people here. In San Antonio you will see 15 Cowboys bumper sticks on like 4 cars, these people will fight you if you talk shit about the Cowboys and yet I would venture to say that 90% of these people have never seen a game live. I have a feeling that someday soon San Antonio will get an NFL and it will make a massive dent in the Cowboys fan base. I could see that team only playing in the Alamodome for about a year or two before they would build a stadium.

Everything you said is 100% correct. Sad, but true.