PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' winning fatigue

Blake
01-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Patriots' winning fatigue (http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/26/commentary/column_sportsbiz/sportsbiz/index.htm)

http://www.patriots.com/playoffs/2004/header.gif

"But with the New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox taking three championships in the last three years between them, and with the Pats favorites to capture a fourth on Feb. 6 in the Super Bowl, the hard numbers suggest that some of the excitement and interest is waning, at least a bit. "

Double Barrel
01-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Must be nice! I'd like to feel burnt out from winning too much sometime. I can't even imagine it.

All these stories about the Eagles going 24 years between Superbowls and blah blah blah...heck, Houston has never even had a team make it!! That town has had NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA championships. Why would I ever feel sorry for them?!

Shoot, if it wasn't for the Rockets, we'd never even have a freakin' championship in professional sports! Much less a team that made it to the championship table. Not a Superbowl, not a World Series, and obviously no Stanley Cup.

You know what? I'm getting losing fatigue! Championship drought! Chokers fever! ;)

MarleyFan
01-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Must be nice! I'd like to feel burnt out from winning too much sometime. I can't even imagine it.

All these stories about the Eagles going 24 years between Superbowls and blah blah blah...heck, Houston has never even had a team make it!! That town has had NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA championships. Why would I ever feel sorry for them?!

Shoot, if it wasn't for the Rockets, we'd never even have a freakin' championship in professional sports! Much less a team that made it to the championship table. Not a Superbowl, not a World Series, and obviously no Stanley Cup.

You know what? I'm getting losing fatigue! Championship drought! Chokers fever! ;)

Now, that's funny. George Foreman was the heavywieght champion!

JustBonee
01-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Patriots captured the magic everyone wants .. now can they get complacent with it?
.... wonder how tough it is to keep it going at that level.
I think they'll get it done again. Then the coaching staff will break up, with Romeo Crennel leaving, and other things will change, and the spell will break.