PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Wonder feeling the National Love

Texan JBZ
05-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Two good finds on Stevie:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=4205740

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d810890f7/Sophomore-stars-and-slumps

Enjoy!

El Tejano
05-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Wow!!! That last paragraph about not being caught up in last years stats was just awesome. I can't wait to see Steve run this year.

CloakNNNdagger
05-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Two good finds on Stevie:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=4205740

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d810890f7/Sophomore-stars-and-slumps

Enjoy!

Thanks,

The article is one of the very best and accurate articles written by an "outsider" I've read to date.

whiskeyrbl
05-28-2009, 09:13 AM
That was a really good article. Nice find.

Insideop
05-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Great finds! Article was very good and I really liked the video with the breakdown in the plays. Good stuff! Can't wait for the season to start! :wild:

OzzO
05-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I like the jab about 8 seconds into the video...

"... Ahman Green was hurt...."
"who"
"... and really needed someone to tote the rock..."

TimeKiller
05-28-2009, 12:43 PM
I didn't appreciate the jab at Ahman Green and I promise you I suffered more watching him 'play' here than any of those 3 bobbling heads.

Nice breakdown of Slaton and THE REPLAY OF VONTA LEACH DOING WHAT HE DO is still awesome and I'm glad I got to see that again. We've got a beast in Slaton, who picked up an extra 10 pounds training this offseason. There is no limit for him in sight and what's equally as awesome as that? He wants to find out how far he can go as much as we do!!!

sbalderrama
05-28-2009, 12:52 PM
That second Slaton highlight in the NFL.com video, watch Vonta's block. he just plasters the defender and throws him about 10 yards sideways. Awesome.

HOU-TEX
05-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I didn't appreciate the jab at Ahman Green and I promise you I suffered more watching him 'play' here than any of those 3 bobbling heads.

Nice breakdown of Slaton and THE REPLAY OF VONTA LEACH DOING WHAT HE DO is still awesome and I'm glad I got to see that again. We've got a beast in Slaton, who picked up an extra 10 pounds training this offseason. There is no limit for him in sight and what's equally as awesome as that? He wants to find out how far he can go as much as we do!!!

Why? Green did absolutely nothing for us, except hurt us. For the love of Pete, we had to watch Dayne almost an entire season. That in itself is worth all the jabs in the World. Jab away

That second Slaton highlight in the NFL.com video, watch Vonta's block. he just plasters the defender and throws him about 10 yards sideways. Awesome.

Vonta has made a habit of doing that. That's why he's in my top 3 on my Beast list. He's my boy!

valleytexfan
05-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Excellent Finds! Man, I can't wait for football...:kingkong:

mexican_texan
05-28-2009, 02:16 PM
I prefer Stevie Wonder to Speed Slaton.

The Pencil Neck
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I prefer Stevie Wonder to Speed Slaton.

Well, last year, he said his nickname was Sleepy.

I like that.

Sleepy Steve.

barrett
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I would pay good money to get to watch every run play of the season from the endzone cam. I love that the NFL is offering the chance to re-watch the game broadcasts on NFL Rewind. Kudos to them. Well worth the $20. For another $20, how about offering up these "coaching angles" for those of us who can't get enough?

The first highlight against the Tacks is still one of my favorite highlights from last year. I've seen that run from that angle several times now and it absolutely shows exactly why Slaton has the potential to be EXTREMELY good in this offense. He reads the line, makes the appropriate cut, and then, every cut he makes after that is based on what he is seeing in front of him. Winston seals his man. Once he gets the to the second level he's got Dreesen in front of him blocking his man initially out to the left. In that scenario Slaton would probably cut to the right but he has the vision to see that Walter's block is collapsing in on that hole and he's able to assess what will happen on either side of the block and he makes the appropriate cut back in to the left. His ability to make those reads at the line benefits him repeatedly as he reads the second level and then the third and so on... This is smart, smart football with all the physical ability as a bonus! Man! I am excited!

Mike Kerns
05-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Glad to see Stevie getting the recognition he deserves. And hes so humble...unlike another rookie RB from a division rival who seems to never shut up...

InterestedJeff
05-30-2009, 09:40 AM
I like Speedy Stevie

ObsiWan
05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Slippery Slaton: Just when you thought you had him, he slips away again...

gary
05-30-2009, 11:04 AM
I am excited for the season to start and I hope Foster becomes final peice.

TimeKiller
05-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Why? Green did absolutely nothing for us, except hurt us. For the love of Pete, we had to watch Dayne almost an entire season. That in itself is worth all the jabs in the World. Jab away
Nothing for us but it's not like he was the garbage truck Dayne was his whole career. Ahman Green was a decent running back at one point and succumbed to age and injury. Kind of a low-blow I guess. I wanted Ahman Green gone as much as anybody but he's gone now so I'm over it. Jab away!

Vonta has made a habit of doing that. That's why he's in my top 3 on my Beast list. He's my boy!
Yup, I'll agree with anyone who thinks James Casey is a big dude but he's got a hell of a blocker to usurp. Size isn't everything!

TexanAddict
06-01-2009, 03:37 PM

And watch Andre in a couple of those runs. Gets his man up off his feet. The man is not afraid to get in there, get dirty, and block. Makes me appreciate having him on our team even more. He is definitely the best all-around WR in the league today. :texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
06-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Yup, I'll agree with anyone who thinks James Casey is a big dude but he's got a hell of a blocker to usurp. Size isn't everything!

I don't believe that the Texans see Casey as one there to usurp Vonta.......he is going to be there to complement Vonta..........just think of it as a 2 on 1. Refer to it as the "Jared Allen Project".:pirate:

http://www.tvgasm.com/newsgasm/wweraw041408cr3.jpg