PDA

View Full Version : Adibi is outweighing Diles (per 610)

MeLoveTexans
05-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Mcclain on 610 just said Adibi is now at 243 lbs. That is a lot of weight to put on for someone who was in the 220's last yr. I hope he doesn't lose the speed. They said he was flying around the field. Let's hope its a legitimate weight gain

Diles on the Other hand is checking in at 237 lbs and has lost a step according to McClain.

Carr Bombed
05-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Mcclain on 610 just said Adibi is now at 243 lbs. That is a lot of weight to put on for someone who was in the 220's last yr. I hope he doesn't lose the speed. They said he was flying around the field. Let's hope its a legitimate weight gain

Diles on the Other hand is checking in at 237 lbs and has lost a step according to McClain.

Awesome.......I loved Adibi last year "when healthy" he looked like the best lb on the field (since DeMeco looked banged up all season). The added weight gain should help him STAY HEALTHY and on the field this season.

MojoMan
05-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Also, Adibi may lose some of that newly added weight as he goes through training camp and the first part of the season, especially since he is still so young. If he loses five pounds, he would weigh 238, only one pound more than Diles.

alphajoker
05-27-2009, 02:36 PM

That only seems logical since he did break his leg. I imagine it will take a lil' bit to get his football legs back underneath him.

Texaninlild
05-27-2009, 03:03 PM
I hope bringing the pain for the opposition comes with bringing the pounds.

bah007
05-27-2009, 03:34 PM
That only seems logical since he did break his leg. I imagine it will take a lil' bit to get his football legs back underneath him.

I've been there. It's a mental thing at this point.

You're a little tentative because you're afraid that if you go full out you might get hurt again. A big ol' cut block from Leach is just the thing he needs. That first heavy shot to the leg should get his head on straight.

Take the hit, realize you're okay, and then move on.

Texan JBZ
05-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I've been there. It's a mental thing at this point.

You're a little tentative because you're afraid that if you go full out you might get hurt again. A big ol' cut block from Leach is just the thing he needs. That first heavy shot to the leg should get his head on straight.

Take the hit, realize you're okay, and then move on.

You're exactly right. I remember coming back from my ACL surgery. Physically I felt fine, but mentally it was hard to let go. Plus, it takes a while to get that confidence back - at least two years.

DiehardChris
05-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Plus, Diles says he's not quite 100% yet.

barrett
05-27-2009, 05:31 PM
These two should really push each other. Both got a taste of starter-dom. Now the race is on to see who will get to continue it.

steelbtexan
05-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Plus, Diles says he's not quite 100% yet.

I talked to Diles at the all-access and he said he was 100%, but I would find it hard to believe that he is.

DiehardChris
05-27-2009, 11:46 PM
I talked to Diles at the all-access and he said he was 100%, but I would find it hard to believe that he is.

Wow, well he healed an additional ten percent in a day or two because just a day or two on HT.com he said he was around 90%.

steelbtexan
05-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Just saying what he told me.

ObsiWan
05-28-2009, 05:56 AM
I read somewhere that he said he was 100% as in he could put weight on it, cut, run, etc. But the endurance he was used to hadn't returned. The muscle was still getting tired sooner than he thought it should.

TimeKiller
05-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I hope bringing the pain for the opposition comes with bringing the pounds.

I hope Adibi is as far away from pain as possible. We need him on the field and hopefully the bulk won't affect his game the way it did to Ryans last year. I mean with Cushing on board I would think adding size at LB has already been taken care of.

So what of June? Not even mentioned as the competition for this spot?

BigBull17
05-28-2009, 07:51 AM
I think its a good thing. 220, explosive or not, is way to small for LB's. As long as he didn't do a Twinkie weight gain program. If he comes in at 240 and isn't a stiff, he'll be the starter, with Diles providing excellent depth.

BTW, Brown looked lean and mean last night. Also, Casey is a big mofo. If he is a hard worker, I see no reason he won't be a decent blocker. Just solid.

Polo
05-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Wow, well he healed an additional ten percent in a day or two because just a day or two on HT.com he said he was around 90%.

He said that he felt 100%, but since the doctors say he is 90% he'll go with it.

HOU-TEX
05-28-2009, 08:46 AM
For now, I'm calling bull-butter on McLame's numbers. I do think he gained weight, just not as much as he says.

I might be wrong, but I'll wait until I hear it from a reputable source.

Diles losing a step....:rolleyes:...well it was his 1st or 2nd practice back. WTH did you expect McBlob?

CloakNNNdagger
05-28-2009, 08:57 AM
For now, I'm calling bull-butter on McLame's numbers. I do think he gained weight, just not as much as he says.

Diles losing a step....:rolleyes:...well it was his 1st or 2nd practice back. WTH did you expect McBlob?

He will need all the OTAs, TC, preseason and possibly the beginning of the season to max his potential and confidence.

HOU-TEX
05-28-2009, 09:00 AM

He will need all the OTAs, TC, preseason and possibly the beginning of the season to max his potential and confidence.

I agree, Cloak. Especially with the extent of his injury. If he continues to train on his own, I think he can be ready by TC. I think his confidence level will be the determining factor.

whiskeyrbl
05-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Sounds like we are going to have 6 very good LB's this year.

RipTraxx
05-28-2009, 09:34 AM
With the exception of greenwood, all of our LBs have filled in pretty well...it almost seems johnny holland is due for a promotion IMO ::defense::

D-Frank
05-28-2009, 09:59 AM
with the way our D is stacked up, I think this year everyone will see an identity, our defense will be known for something. (other than sucking) :d:

CloakNNNdagger
05-28-2009, 10:53 AM
with the way our D is stacked up, I think this year everyone will see an identity, our defense will be known for something. (other than sucking) :d:

Simply just "sucking" would have been good.........last year.

Mr teX
05-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Also, Adibi may lose some of that newly added weight as he goes through training camp and the first part of the season, especially since he is still so young. If he loses five pounds, he would weigh 238, only one pound more than Diles.

the same goes for diles too though..

MojoMan
05-28-2009, 01:40 PM
the same goes for diles too though..

Yeah, but if Adibi actually did put on 23 pounds over the off season, that is a substantial increase to his overall mass. That much of an increase might be especially difficult for Adibi to sustain.

Runner
05-28-2009, 07:17 PM
I avoid avoirdupois discussions until I can see the guys run around in camp. Maybe longer.

Jackie Chiles
05-28-2009, 11:40 PM
FWIW McClain stated the weights of the LBs on one of his Chron.com interviews with Anna Megan.

Adibi is indeed 243
DeMeco is a stout 248
Diles is 237
Cushing is a whopping 262 and says he played at around 259 at SC, that guy is a load and a half

Also of interest Anthony Hill is 6 foot 6' 269 and McClain said they would like him to play around 275.

Jackie Chiles
05-28-2009, 11:44 PM
I avoid avoirdupois discussions until I can see the guys run around in camp. Maybe longer.

I'll take it when I can get it, almost impossible to get accurate weights during the season, not like the website really updates that stuff.

Vinny
05-29-2009, 10:08 AM
FWIW McClain stated the weights of the LBs on one of his Chron.com interviews with Anna Megan.

Adibi is indeed 243
DeMeco is a stout 248
Diles is 237
Cushing is a whopping 262 and says he played at around 259 at SC, that guy is a load and a half

Also of interest Anthony Hill is 6 foot 6' 269 and McClain said they would like him to play around 275.
I think Curly Culp played at 268 on the nose...back in the day. He was a dominant player at that weight too (just thinking outloud). What did SC list Cushing at last season and I wonder how well he moves at 260-something as opposed to 240-something (at the combine).

Porky
05-29-2009, 10:18 AM
If Cushing is the player we think and makes a decent impact as a rookie, I really like the way this LB crew stacks up. This should (knocks on wood) be our best LB crew in the Texans history. I would think Adibi, Ryans, and Cushing are the likely starters with Diles, Bentley, and June as the likely reserves. That's very good at the top with pretty impressive depth compared to some of the chaff we have had around here.

TexansSeminole
05-29-2009, 10:18 AM
They will all lose weight through training camp and pre-season.

nunusguy
05-29-2009, 10:22 AM

Adibi is indeed 243
DeMeco is a stout 248
Diles is 237

I dunno, but I thought we wanted to get faster and more athletic, not slower and fatter ?

Polo
05-29-2009, 10:26 AM
I think that the plan may have been for them to start off with a little extra baggage so that by time the season starts they will be nice and solid and would have lost a little weight...

Lets say Cushing, Demeco and Adibi lose about 5-7lbs each that puts Adibi at 235-238ish - Demeco at about 240 - 243 ish...and Cushing at 255 to 258ish...

76Texan
05-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I think that the plan may have been for them to start off with a little extra baggage so that by time the season starts they will be nice and solid and would have lost a little weight...

Lets say Cushing, Demeco and Adibi lose about 5-7lbs each that puts Adibi at 235-238ish - Demeco at about 240 - 243 ish...and Cushing at 255 to 258ish...
Those are good numbers to me... I'd prefer 255 as the upper limit for Cushing though!

whiskeyrbl
05-29-2009, 10:49 AM

Sounds like some punishment to be dished out during the season.

76Texan
05-29-2009, 10:52 AM

Adibi is indeed 243
DeMeco is a stout 248
Diles is 237

Hill, I'm still debating myself whether he should lose or gain weight.
If he can play leaner, I can see a more mobile guy (possibly), able to move his feet a little better.
Right now, he gets beat a bit too often on the edges.
I wonder how he's gonna block those fast 3-4 OLBs with the extra bulk.

Jackie Chiles
05-29-2009, 11:42 AM
I think Curly Culp played at 268 on the nose...back in the day. He was a dominant player at that weight too (just thinking outloud). What did SC list Cushing at last season and I wonder how well he moves at 260-something as opposed to 240-something (at the combine).

SC had him listed at 255 and in the interview McClain actually mentioned that the coaches were a bit surprised at Cushing's weight because he was 243-245 at the combine. He said he dropped down to improve his quickness for the drills there so lets hope he doesn't lose much. I was surprised to see him so light at the combine though so this is definitely closer to what he is used to playing at.

Jackie Chiles
05-29-2009, 11:45 AM
I dunno, but I thought we wanted to get faster and more athletic, not slower and fatter ?

I'm all for stopping the run by any means necessary, not sure if the extra weight will actually have that effect but I guess we will find out soon enough.

False Start
05-29-2009, 01:28 PM
I think its good for the guy to add a few pounds. He looked like a safety lined up at LB last year. I guess we'll see how it works out once the games start.

InterestedJeff
05-30-2009, 09:18 AM

usually the offseason conditioning program takes care of any excess weight...

TheRealJoker
05-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Hopefully Cushing's size can offset the lack of bulk in the interior DL and help us add some run stopping ability.

thunderkyss
05-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Is Adibi bulking up, or is he just out of shape?

Jackie Chiles
06-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Is Adibi bulking up, or is he just out of shape?

http://assets.houstontexans.com/uploads/multimedia/stills/thumbs/3202.jpg

I was skeptical about all the weight but at least judging from that picture he certainly looks a lot more jacked than last season. For reference here is a pic from last year:

http://assets.houstontexans.com/uploads/photo/player/9402.jpg

He definitely looks like he has added quite a bit of muscle bulk, hopefully it keeps him healthy and he retains his athleticism. I really like him for our weakside spot, can't wait to see our linebackers in action this season, it is going to be night and day compared to previous years.

barrett
06-03-2009, 02:17 AM
I noticed that as well. I think it's somewhat common for players to get bigger in their second season because they are able to go through the off season programs instead of training for the combine.

BigBull17
06-03-2009, 08:23 AM
I noticed that as well. I think it's somewhat common for players to get bigger in their second season because they are able to go through the off season programs instead of training for the combine.

This. College off seasons are pretty good, but NFL off seasons are that much better. As long as he can carry the weight he'll be ok. He was WAY too small last year.

BTW, he looks bigger with out pads on then this year than he looked with pads on last year.

Kaiser Toro
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
If Adibi is able to leverage this weight and stay on the field, without injury and momentary lapses of reason, we will have a heck of a LB crew.

TimeKiller
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
BTW, he looks bigger with out pads on then this year than he looked with pads on last year.

Ha, I didn't even notice his pads were off in the first one....

Hopefully the bulk will protect him a little bit more this year. If not I see no reason for it.

BigBull17
06-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Ha, I didn't even notice his pads were off in the first one....

Hopefully the bulk will protect him a little bit more this year. If not I see no reason for it.

Yeah, I had to double take. It's nuts how big he has gotten.

barrett
06-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Kubiak said on 610 that Adibi actually played at 213 against Cleveland. Now he's 235-240 I believe.

barrett
06-08-2009, 12:19 AM
I was listening to McClain on www.sportsradio610.com and in the very end of the part 1 segment he says that he doesn't see Cushing getting on the field on 3rd downs because of Adibi. Given, this is John McClain, but I thought it was noteworthy.

oh, and in part 2 he admits he doesn't know anything about assessing talent in regards to offensive line among others.

ubecool454
06-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I heard him on Texans.HT and he did say 90% so, that means he is probably 70%. I like Diles but he has to be 120% to beat out a bigger and more athletic Adibi. The Linebacking corps seems to have the most competition right now. Adibi must have his mama cooking for him now...lol.