PDA

View Full Version : LeBron as a Football player

HoustonFrog
05-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Hypothetical on ESPN in the same vein as Jordan moving to baseball. Highlights of LeBron in high school as a WR are pretty awesome!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4194437

Mark Murphy hasn't merely witnessed the finest receivers of his generation. He has experienced them.

Murphy's 11-year career at strong safety was good enough to get him into the Green Bay Packers' Hall of Fame. He has covered, tackled and occasionally been scorched by legends.

On the subject of greatness, he knows what he's talking about.

"I've been around a lot of great receivers," Murphy said. "I tell people that I rate my top receivers -- coaching, playing or watching -- as James Lofton, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent and LeBron James."

http://i41.tinypic.com/29f6osx.jpg

infantrycak
05-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Virtually unstoppable TE I can see. WR, not a chance in hades.

HoustonFrog
05-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Virtually unstoppable TE I can see. WR, not a chance in hades.

Agree and that is what most said in there. Size, vertical leap, etc where he would be close to unstoppable at TE.

Joe Texan
05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Personally I think Fisher should try out

ubecool454
05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I think Big Baby could give it a shot. Lebron might make a good pass rushing DE if he could put on 10 -20 more lbs. I think Ron Artest would have the right attitude to play defensive end too. I would love to see Kobe Bryant as a WR so he can get his azz knocked around.

TimeKiller
05-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Wasn't there a rumor about Joey Dorsey being interviewed by the Texans? He's pretty close to Mario's size...Someone like Von Wafer would probably make a crazy good WR. Josh Smith from Atlanta would be a crazy athletic TE (close to Lebron's size).

Ben Wallace as a fullback?

Showtime100
05-26-2009, 06:42 PM
LeBron as a football player? Right, they commit real fouls in the NFL. LeBron as a hockey player? No way, wouldn't last a shift.

HoustonFrog
05-26-2009, 08:51 PM
LeBron as a football player? Right, they commit real fouls in the NFL. LeBron as a hockey player? No way, wouldn't last a shift.

Disagree. The guy was already being looked at by Notre Dame and others when he was a Soph. So football didn't seem to bother him...the hitting at least. I'm not sure dbs hitting a 6'8, 260 guy would last long. If he put the effort in that he put on the court, he could.

Ole Miss Texan
05-26-2009, 10:25 PM
I would love to see Lebron as a TE, I think he'd be unstoppable to.

The only hitch is that basketball is much more glamorous. It's his passion, he's virtually unstoppable at it, it can pretty much be a one man show, center of attention, highlight real after high light real, etc. He can make more money playing basketball and it's much easier to make money outside of the sport. Shoe deals, his own King James brand... just like Jordan did.

As much as us fans would want to see him in the NFL, I think he'd be stupid to do it. Football is much easier to get injured in than in baseball.

I see no reason for him to play football, even if he becomes the greatest TE in the history of the NFL it still wouldn't amount to him and the NBA. He's got the possibility to be the best NBA player in history, better than Jordan. Maybe he doesn't get there but he'll be close. That beats the NFL, especially when you're a guy that already likes basketball more than any other sport.

Showtime100
05-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Disagree. The guy was already being looked at by Notre Dame and others when he was a Soph. So football didn't seem to bother him...the hitting at least. I'm not sure dbs hitting a 6'8, 260 guy would last long. If he put the effort in that he put on the court, he could.

Interesting Frog. In my best Carson impression, I did not know that. I'm still pulling for Orlando, but sadly LeBron will make espn on a daily basis anyway with nonsense topics (just sayin). :D

HoustonFrog
05-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Interesting Frog. In my best Carson impression, I did not know that. I'm still pulling for Orlando, but sadly LeBron will make espn on a daily basis anyway with nonsense topics (just sayin). :D

Your point was very valid though Showtime because in the article it was one bounced around the most. It did have his high school stats and what people said then too. NFL is a different game but I think he could!