PDA

View Full Version : Sausage King "Making it Rain"

brakos82
05-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Vince Young, Makin’ It Rain
Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2009, 12:39 p.m. EDT
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/25/...-makin-it-rain/ (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/25/vince-young-makin-it-rain/)

Of all the players who have worn a Houston Oilers/Tennessee Oilers/Tennessee Titans helmet over the last 50 years, the last one that current backup quarterback and 2006 top-three draft pick Vince Young should be emulating is Pacman Jones.

But Young recently paid homage to Pacman recently, “making it rain” over the crowd (actually, it was more like a light sprinkle) at a Nelly concert, according to TMZ.com.

It really wasn’t all that troubling of a display, but in light of the all-male-shirtless-tequila-party-fueled perception that Young hasn’t taken his NFL career sufficiently seriously, he needs to avoid any situations that could create the impression that the guy hasn’t changed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:hobie:

CloakNNNdagger
05-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Vince Young, Makin’ It Rain
Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2009, 12:39 p.m. EDT
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/25/...-makin-it-rain/ (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/25/vince-young-makin-it-rain/)

Of all the players who have worn a Houston Oilers/Tennessee Oilers/Tennessee Titans helmet over the last 50 years, the last one that current backup quarterback and 2006 top-three draft pick Vince Young should be emulating is Pacman Jones.

But Young recently paid homage to Pacman recently, “making it rain” over the crowd (actually, it was more like a light sprinkle) at a Nelly concert, according to TMZ.com.

It really wasn’t all that troubling of a display, but in light of the all-male-shirtless-tequila-party-fueled perception that Young hasn’t taken his NFL career sufficiently seriously, he needs to avoid any situations that could create the impression that the guy hasn’t changed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:hobie:

Just practice for the big time.........La Bare.:cool:

Texecutioner
05-26-2009, 09:19 AM
So VY was having a good time throwing money around at a concert like a gazillion other over paid athletes do in clubs and concerts all of the time? This is a non story.

drewmar74
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Last time I made it rain we had to take one of my friends to the hospital with an eye injury.

Turns out that throwing nickels and pennies up into the air can be dangerous.....

Polo
05-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Last time I made it rain we had to take one of my friends to the hospital with an eye injury.

Turns out that throwing nickels and pennies up into the air can be dangerous.....

That's called making it hail...

brakos82
05-26-2009, 05:25 PM

That's called making it hail...

:spit:

Texans_Chick
05-29-2009, 10:44 AM
So VY was having a good time throwing money around at a concert like a gazillion other over paid athletes do in clubs and concerts all of the time? This is a non story.

It's a story when a player is a NFL quarterback who is getting paid zillions to sit on the bench and says he has his priorities straight. The rules are different for quarterbacks. It's a story when "Making it rain" is profanity to the Titans organization and its fans.

My take: Vince Young Making It Rain (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/26/vince-young-making-it-rain/)

In part:

"Young made it really clear last year that the attention given to a NFL quarterback isn't going to stop him from going out and having fun. Which, I guess is part of the reason why Kerry Collins is the starting quarterback of the Tennessee Titans despite only having 2,676 passing yards (167.2 yards per game average), and a 58.3 completion percentage last year."

Zing.

Honoring Earl 34
05-29-2009, 12:11 PM
It's a story when a player is a NFL quarterback who is getting paid zillions to sit on the bench and says he has his priorities straight. The rules are different for quarterbacks. It's a story when "Making it rain" is profanity to the Titans organization and its fans.

My take: Vince Young Making It Rain (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/26/vince-young-making-it-rain/)

In part:

Zing.

He's guaranteed a boatload of money but I think he gets cut next year .

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 12:49 PM

In part:

Zing.

It's not a story. He's a grown man. Who cares if he's a QB. So because he's a QB, he can't go to the club, have a few drinks, and throw some money around? It's not some "uncommon thing" for peopel to do that in night clubs. I've seen people do that plenty of times. A few buddies and I did it in Vegas a few years back at the Moon hotel at the Palms because we were having fun and cutting loose. We weren't hurting anyone. If VY or any other athlete wants to give some money away and have fun while doing it, it shouldn't be a problem. This has nothing to do with his play on the field or his reputation, except for people that are looking for something to criticize him for.

Texan JBZ
05-29-2009, 01:01 PM
It's not a story. He's a grown man. Who cares if he's a QB. So because he's a QB, he can't go to the club, have a few drinks, and throw some money around? It's not some "uncommon thing" for peopel to do that in night clubs. I've seen people do that plenty of times. A few buddies and I did it in Vegas a few years back at the Moon hotel at the Palms because we were having fun and cutting loose. We weren't hurting anyone. If VY or any other athlete wants to give some money away and have fun while doing it, it shouldn't be a problem. This has nothing to do with his play on the field or his reputation, except for people that are looking for something to criticize him for.

Well, yes and no. Sure he can do these things if he wants to, but he shouldn't. Steph is right, being a NFL QB is a totally different beast. You simply can't do some of the things that other athletes do. Look at Romo and his trip to Cabo before the playoff game. If that were any other player at any other position, it wouldn't have been news. Like it or not, NFL QBs are held to a different standard. Vince has yet to figure that out, which is probably why his career is at a crossroads right now.

HOU-TEX
05-29-2009, 01:10 PM
He's guaranteed a boatload of money but I think he gets cut next year .

Or restructure his contract, which I'd expect to happen before they cut him.

Texan_Bill
05-29-2009, 01:10 PM

:hmmm: So if I'm a team mate and I see my quarterback and implied team leader (because it comes with that position), going to sausage parties, hanging out in clubs and making it rain, I would be anxious to play for the guy? I think not.

Remember Willie "Steamin'" Beaman after acting a fool?

Cap Rooney: "They won't play for him Tony"

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, yes and no. Sure he can do these things if he wants to, but he shouldn't. Steph is right, being a NFL QB is a totally different beast. You simply can't do some of the things that other athletes do. Look at Romo and his trip to Cabo before the playoff game. If that were any other player at any other position, it wouldn't have been news. Like it or not, NFL QBs are held to a different standard. Vince has yet to figure that out, which is probably why his career is at a crossroads right now.

See now you're buying into the media and the stuff they tout out there. There was nothing wrong with Romo going to Cabo either. Romo went out of town to relax for a few days when he had a full week off. Players do that all of the time, and the only reason why that got out is because he was with Jessica SImpson, and the media never reported how Witten was there the entire time as well. Just because the media creates this garbage that this guy can't do that and that guy can't do that just because he's a QB, but the WR's of the NFL are allowed to be these divas who are known for all sorts of other wild ventures is okay? That is silly.

I don't hold these QB's to any higher standards just because "the media" tries to get everyone else to. If they can do activities outside of football and still come to work and do what they're supposed to do, then I could care less what they're doing with their time as long as they're not breaking the law and doing things that will put them in jail.

Criticizing a guy for haing a few drinks and making it rain for a few seconds in the club sounds pretty Skip Balylessish to me. I guess next we'll be saying that QB's shouldn't be able to go to night clubs because they're held to a higher standard or maybe we should give them all curfews from now on.

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
:hmmm: So if I'm a team mate and I see my quarterback and implied team leader (because it comes with that position), going to sausage parties, hanging out in clubs and making it rain, I would be anxious to play for the guy? I think not.

Remember Willie "Steamin'" Beaman after acting a fool?

Cap Rooney: "They won't play for him Tony"

TB, are you honestly using a fictional character to make a point here? Lol!

VY is not the leader of their team. He's their back up QB, and if it were you, you'd probably be right there with him partying as well. :toast2:

A guy going to a club and having a few drinks doesn't determine whether or not if he is capable of leading a football team. And hell this is the off season for god sakes, it's not like this is the night before a game.

bigbrewster2000
05-29-2009, 01:21 PM
See now you're buying into the media and the stuff they tout out there. There was nothing wrong with Romo going to Cabo either. Romo went out of town to relax for a few days when he had a full week off. Players do that all of the time, and the only reason why that got out is because he was with Jessica SImpson, and the media never reported how Witten was there the entire time as well. Just because the media creates this garbage that this guy can't do that and that guy can't do that just because he's a QB, but the WR's of the NFL are allowed to be these divas who are known for all sorts of other wild ventures is okay? That is silly.

I don't hold these QB's to any higher standards just because "the media" tries to get everyone else to. If they can do activities outside of football and still come to work and do what they're supposed to do, then I could care less what they're doing with their time as long as they're not breaking the law and doing things that will put them in jail.

Criticizing a guy for haing a few drinks and making it rain for a few seconds in the club sounds pretty Skip Balylessish to me. I guess next we'll be saying that QB's shouldn't be able to go to night clubs because they're held to a higher standard or maybe we should give them all curfews from now on.There is the rub. He isnt doing what he is supposed to do. He isnt mentally prepared. He isnt spending the extra time on the practice field or in the film room trying to get better. And if he cant do those things(and he isnt) then he deserves the criticism. I dont understand why you are attempting to defend the guy. It's his turn to put up or shut up.

Texan JBZ
05-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Criticizing a guy for haing a few drinks and making it rain for a few seconds in the club sounds pretty Skip Balylessish to me. I guess next we'll be saying that QB's shouldn't be able to go to night clubs because they're held to a higher standard or maybe we should give them all curfews from now on.

No, I'm not buying into any media hype. NFL QB is by far the most difficult position in professional sports, and not just because of what happens on the field. Everybody-from coaches, to teammates, to fans, to media-holds QBs to a totally different standard. QBs can't be "one of the guys" all the time like say a DT can be. It takes wayyyy to much dedication to be a good one too. I can just about promise you this. While VY is in the club making it rain, Peyton is already studying game film of the Jaguars, Dolphins, and Cardinals. While VY is thinking about which party to go to, Brady is thinking about getting his timing back down with Moss and Welker.

And there absolutely was something wrong with Romo going to Cabo before a playoff game. That wasn't the time for him to relax! He has the "offseason" to relax. He has to understand the position he's in. You're QB of the Dallas Cowboys (as much as I hate them). The team hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade. You're supposed to be the new wonderkid, and the week before you're off relaxing in Cabo when you should be breaking down game film?!? And then to top it off, you come back and lose! You can't do that as a NFL QB. It's different Tex, trust me. Whether you want to hold them to a higher standard or not, it's there-always has been and always will be.

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 01:32 PM
There is the rub. He isnt doing what he is supposed to do. He isnt mentally prepared. He isnt spending the extra time on the practice field or in the film room trying to get better. And if he cant do those things(and he isnt) then he deserves the criticism. I dont understand why you are attempting to defend the guy. It's his turn to put up or shut up.

How do you know all of this? Did you sit there with Fisher yesterday and have a one on one with him where he told you that VY wasn't doing any of this? I highly doubt that you did. You're basically just making things up here.

Show me an article within the last week that says VY isn't doing anything he's been asked to do by his coaches, and then I'll give you some credibility towards these claims, but from what I can tell you're simply trying to create a lot of smoke with some wet matches.

I'm defending the guy, because this is a non story and there is nothing currently out there suggesting that VY isn't doing what he's been asked to do by his coaches. From the last few articles I read, he was doing everything that was he was asked to do.

Texan JBZ
05-29-2009, 01:41 PM
How do you know all of this? Did you sit there with Fisher yesterday and have a one on one with him where he told you that VY wasn't doing any of this? I highly doubt that you did. You're basically just making things up here.

Show me an article within the last week that says VY isn't doing anything he's been asked to do by his coaches, and then I'll give you some credibility towards these claims, but from what I can tell you're simply trying to create a lot of smoke with some wet matches.

I'm defending the guy, because this is a non story and there is nothing currently out there suggesting that VY isn't doing what he's been asked to do by his coaches. From the last few articles I read, he was doing everything that was he was asked to do.

I think you're missing the overriding point of all this. VY can go out and do whatever he wants to do. He has the money and the time, so it's his God-given right to use both how he sees fit. But should he do knowing the current position he is in with the organization and fans of the Titans? The answer to that is no.

The problem is that this is another story that shows that the guy is not maturing. Why bring more negative attention to yourself if you're VY? That's why I believe that Fisher has lost all confidence in Vince. A quality coach like Fisher who's been around the game a long time knows when certain guys just don't get it.

Texan_Bill
05-29-2009, 01:43 PM
TB, are you honestly using a fictional character to make a point here? Lol!

VY is not the leader of their team. He's their back up QB, and if it were you, you'd probably be right there with him partying as well. :toast2:

A guy going to a club and having a few drinks doesn't determine whether or not if he is capable of leading a football team. And hell this is the off season for god sakes, it's not like this is the night before a game.

I should have went this route:
Julius [to Bertier]: "Attitude reflects leadership, captain."

Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with having a few drinks, otherwise I would never be right.

Problem with Young is that he's had a few bouts with immaturity. "Making it rain" feeds directly into the perception of Vincent's immaturity. Whether we want to admit it or not, perception is reality. Thus the stint on the bench.

Immature people do not lead football teams.

HOU-TEX
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM

Everything you've said to defend him will never excuse the fact that he's a dumbass.

Just sayin :cool:

bigbrewster2000
05-29-2009, 01:58 PM

Im not making up anything. He did exactly what I said he did last season which was jack and crap and got benched for it. In addition he couldnt handle the pressure of being a starting QB last season. Ok great you read one article on ESPN that says he's doing the right thing over the last 2 weeks but the perception of the fans is that he isnt doing what he is supposed to do because history proves that fact. And for a player that is supposed to be doing the right thing right now, the last thing he should be doing is "making it rain" in a club which holds a negative conotation to it. I would say the same thing if it were Jacoby Jones. All the coaches are saying he is doing the right things but guess what 2 weeks of good behavior doesnt wipe out a few years of bad.

Specnatz
05-29-2009, 01:59 PM

If you think this has nothing to do with his reputation in the locker room then you have no idea about sports. Guys like TO, Plaxico and VY are not leaders. Payton, Brady and Brees are leaders because of how they carry themselves on and off the field. It is like when we had YKW, Mr Last in, first out. Now we have Schaub who is first in and last out of the film room. Same goes for the other QBs I just mentioned. VY is no where near that type of guy and never will be.

There is nothing out there that suggest VY is not doing everything he's been asked to do? How about when he was drafted, he was expected to become the face of the franchise and be the leader of the team. How is that working out for him? So far all he has done is cry about being Booed, got hurt then disappeared with a gun and then he has his mommy come running to his defense. Yeah the exact kind of guy only PeeWee Herman would follow.

Can you please provide links of these stories that says he is doing everything asked of him. I have never seen one that says he is doing anything other than him making an ass of himself or quotes saying that he believes the QB position is up for grabs which is the exact opposite of what Fisher is saying.

You think there is nothing wrong with what VY does or what Romo did is because you have never been in an environment where your actions reflect on a lot of other people. It does not matter that Romo went their to relax, he has yet to win a single playoff game and so the public percetion is not going to be kind to him. It is not what the media makes people think, on this story they reported it and the talk shows lit up with bad publicity for Romo, because he is the quarterback of the dallas cowboys.

I am basically self employed now, after buying into a distributorship. If I do something at a Bike Rally it reflects on me my part of the company and the company as a whole. If I do something completely outrageous and it looks bad on the company I can have my distributorship yanked. It is called a character clause.

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 02:35 PM
If you think this has nothing to do with his reputation in the locker room then you have no idea about sports. Guys like TO, Plaxico and VY are not leaders.

He was a great leader all through college and HS, so that isn't true and you don't even know what you're talking about. A ton of his team mates raved about what a great leader he was in his first season where he won ROTY. Then he struggled in year 2 and 3 and it wasn't until year 3 (last season) where his leadership came into question and yes, he acted like a whiney baby and got benched for it.

Payton, Brady and Brees are leaders because of how they carry themselves on and off the field. It is like when we had YKW, Mr Last in, first out. Now we have Schaub who is first in and last out of the film room. Same goes for the other QBs I just mentioned. VY is no where near that type of guy and never will be.

Really?? Well he was known as being that type of guy until the mid point of his 2nd season in the pros and in college he was known for being a leader and that was his biggest attribute. He struggled and got a reality check, and is on the bench for it. Get over it. There hasn't been one thing in this off season that has said that he is doing the wrong things.

There is nothing out there that suggest VY is not doing everything he's been asked to do?

There is nothing out there to suggest that RIGHT NOW he currently isn't. You're using pure speculation to come up with this assertion because you "want" him to fail.

How about when he was drafted, he was expected to become the face of the franchise and be the leader of the team. How is that working out for him?

That is all irrelevant to NOW. You're trying to use a bunch of old stuff to suggest that he's out there jacking around and not doing what he is supposed to do right now. When they're is some information out there saying that he isn't doing what he is asked to do from his coaches, then you can make this claim, but until then you're making things up and have nothing to back it up.

So far all he has done is cry about being Booed, got hurt then disappeared with a gun and then he has his mommy come running to his defense. Yeah the exact kind of guy only PeeWee Herman would follow.

Yes, that is true, and that was last season. You're still stuck in the past. Get over it. The guy is a 2nd string QB now, and guys like you that have dreams of him committing suicide and becoming a total failure in life have gotten your wish. He isn't a starter and he got embarrassed last season. No one has denied that. But "right now" there is nothing out there from any reports suggesting that he has been slacking off. I know that you desperately "want" there to be, but right now you've got nothing.

Can you please provide links of these stories that says he is doing everything asked of him.

If there isn't anything negative out there, then there is no reason for me or anyone else to speculate that he's gone off the wagon or ticking his coches and team mates off. There doesn't need to be an article on every NFL player saying that they are doing great to suggest that they are dong what they are supposed to do. I don't see you running around making these claims about Jake Delhome or David Garrard. I wonder why that is? Maybe because you despise VY like 50 other posters do on this board and "want" him to suffer. I think that's the case here.

I have never seen one that says he is doing anything other than him making an ass of himself or quotes saying that he believes the QB position is up for grabs which is the exact opposite of what Fisher is saying.

Again, you're spinning his words saying that he wants to compete for the position and that he feels that it's up for grabs into him acting like a jerk. Sorry, but just because you hate the guy, I'm not naive enough to buy into your "spin" rhetoric.

You think there is nothing wrong with what VY does or what Romo did is because you have never been in an environment where your actions reflect on a lot of other people. It does not matter that Romo went their to relax, he has yet to win a single playoff game and so the public percetion is not going to be kind to him. It is not what the media makes people think, on this story they reported it and the talk shows lit up with bad publicity for Romo, because he is the quarterback of the dallas cowboys.

Hey, you can be a media puppet all that you want and "buy" every little story they run with all that you want. I'll make my own perceptions. I guess you probably also believe that the Cowboys lost every game that Simpson attended that season where they said the Cowboys couldn't win if she attended the game, and that was a "total lie" by the media, but hey most people buy everything the media says without researching it for themselves. If you think ESPN gives you the full truth on just about everything, then you're mistaken bro.

I am basically self employed now, after buying into a distributorship. If I do something at a Bike Rally it reflects on me my part of the company and the company as a whole. If I do something completely outrageous and it looks bad on the company I can have my distributorship yanked. It is called a character clause.

Well that may be true, but I'm not some guy living in the 60's where I think going to night clubs is "bad" and that you can't do that in your regular life and still be a good citezen. When VY is out there breaking the law, or beating someone up, or drinking and driving, then come talk to me.

And personally I don't know why I even bothered commenting on this subject when there are about 50 people that hate the guy so badly that there is no way they would ever give him credit for anything and are so blood thirsty to see VY completely fall and have a nervous break down. I'm not sure why I ever thought that I would get an objective discussion here. It's impossible if it involves VY on this board. Yeah, he screwed up and is a back up now, so may of you should be happy and you can thank the football gods and continue to roast him into an oblivion every time he sneezes or coughs. But right now, there isn't anything out there that suggests that he's been doing the wrong things as far as on the football field and with his coaches, so go ahead and turn this thread into another "Roast thread" if you want, but holler back at me when they're is actually something to talk about.

Texan_Bill
05-29-2009, 02:43 PM
“We expect a 100 percent commitment from Vince. We’ll accept nothing less than that,” he said. “This is about Vince Young, and this is about spending the time here and about committing himself to the offseason program and just doing the best he can to make himself a better football player. And take advantage of the experience he gained this year even though he didn’t play.”

~ Jeff Fisher

:hmmm:

Specnatz
05-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Love your responses, 90% of it was saying you do not have to answer or provide a link to your comments about articles or calling me a flat out hater. Hate the guy? Just because I disagree with your man love reach around antics for vy does not mean I hate the guy. I just think he is a crappy QB and when you have had guys like Pac-Man on your team who make it rain in clubs where people get paralyzed, maybe just maybe you might not want to do those things.

Not one damn person in here said do not go to clubs. It is that when you do just remember most cell phones can take pics and videos now and do not act like a thug or a want-to- be. Go there have fun, have a few drinks and dance with WOMEN not a bunch of fat grown men with shirts off.

Oh and your very first response was about how he was a leader in the PAST, then you try and smack talk me by claiming everything I am mentioning in the past. Sorry Jr you can not have it both was. You can name hundreds upon thousands of kids who were great leaders in HS, and just like Al Bundy they are telling stories about what they did then because they have not done anything since.

El Tejano
05-29-2009, 02:59 PM
When you are the franchise QB and people have plenty money invested in you, and in this day and age, you better be watching how you act. Throw money like that and you finah get jacked. That's all that makes this a story. Otherwise, who cares when you can just get a pic with Kassey Studdard at Texas Land and Cattle Co.

Texan_Bill
05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh and your very first response was about how he was a leader in the PAST, then you try and smack talk me by claiming everything I am mentioning in the past. Sorry Jr you can not have it both was. You can name hundreds upon thousands of kids who were great leaders in HS, and just like Al Bundy they are telling stories about what they did then because they have not done anything since.

:foottap: Al Bundy was my hero.

However, we agree with you in premise. One's laurels at the collegiate level don't mean a dang thing at the professional level.

Signed,

Heisman Trophy winner, busts.

Mr teX
05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm kinda with Tex on this 1. This is a non story & imo has no bearing on anything about the kid as of late. The only reason it's getting the headlines it's getting is b/c Pacman Jones has linked a negative connotation to the term "making it rain" & b/c it's the offseason & we have nothing to talk about.

Check out mario doing the unspeakable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mElEIPg9ejk

By the way, this was the same offseason he was caught on video "racing" his lambo. I didn't hear too much about it here back then & i don't hear anyone questioning his maturity or if his teammates follow him as a leader of the defense now.

For arguments sake lets bring a real people into this. Ken Stabler wasn't exactly known as the consumate pro qb when he played yet his teammates had no problem following him. Ditto for Jim Mcmahon, Joe Namath. If you can play, it doesn't matter what you do off the field & that goes for any position.

Polo
05-29-2009, 03:06 PM
I think "making it rain" in a club can be a sign of immaturity or lack of priorities. Doesn't necessarily equate to him being a bad QB, but it doesn't send good vibes either....especially since, at this point, he's considered a failure...

Texan_Bill
05-29-2009, 03:10 PM
I should have went this route:
Julius [to Bertier]: "Attitude reflects leadership, captain."

Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with having a few drinks, otherwise I would never be right.

Problem with Young is that he's had a few bouts with immaturity. "Making it rain" feeds directly into the perception of Vincent's immaturity. Whether we want to admit it or not, perception is reality. Thus the stint on the bench.

Immature people do not lead football teams.

I think "making it rain" in a club can be a sign of immaturity or lack of priorities. Doesn't necessarily equate to him being a bad QB, but it doesn't send good vibes either....especially since, at this point, he's considered a failure...

We're pretty much on the same page here.

Specnatz
05-29-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm kinda with Tex on this 1. This is a non story & imo has no bearing on anything about the kid as of late. The only reason it's getting the headlines it's getting is b/c Pacman Jones has linked a negative connotation to the term "making it rain" & b/c it's the offseason & we have nothing to talk about.

By the way, this was the same offseason he was caught on video "racing" his lambo. I didn't hear too much about it here back then & i don't hear anyone questioning his maturity or if his teammates follow him as a leader of the defense now.

For arguments sake lets bring a real people into this. Ken Stabler wasn't exactly known as the consumate pro qb when he played yet his teammates had no problem following him. Ditto for Jim Mcmahon, Joe Namath. If you can play, it doesn't matter what you do off the field & that goes for any position.

Actually it got plenty of run around here. Not as much as the racing video but it still got some people hot under the collar. Also, shortly there after Mario apologized for his error in judgment. It was also his rookie year. Let me repeat this because it is worth repeating, IT WAS HIS ROOKIE YEAR. Making mistakes when you come into a lot of money is one thing but you have to learn from them and so far Mario has shown he has learned and is maturing. VY not so much, it looks more like he is still immature.

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 03:13 PM

OMG!!! Mario Williams is making it rain!!! Can that thug!! He is supposed to be a leader on the defense and he was the #1 draft pick and is to be held to a higher standard!

Where is Texans Chick, Specnatz, and Brewster to spread their shame on our precious Mario Williams for having a good time in the club and giving away some free money? I guess we should all speculate that Mario is not doing what he is supposed to be doing and is out there acting a fool. How can his team mates respect a guy like that? He is in no way shape or form a leader now. :spit: :spit::spit:

:sarcasm:

Polo
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM

I remember quite a few people who questioned his maturity when it came to the Cars and making it rain...In fact, Mario himself admitted that it was a problem:

It festered in college. The addiction only grew worse once he was given a six-year, $54-million contract as the 2006 draft's top overall pick.

Williams tried keeping it private, never wanting to use it as an excuse for a lackluster rookie season. But now that the Houston Texans defensive end is a budding star, Williams is willing to come clean.

He was hooked.

On cars.

Snicker if you will. Even Williams says the premise "sounds stupid." But when an off-field issue begins to affect a player's focus on football, it becomes a much more serious matter.

"I know this is off the subject," Williams said Tuesday while discussing his burgeoning NFL career. "But seriously, that's probably the biggest thing I had to overcome — my satisfaction of just having cars."

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50972&highlight=Mario+making+rain

Runner
05-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Everything you've said to defend him will never excuse the fact that he's a dumbass.

Just sayin :cool:

The people that should be learning from this are the successful, supposedly smart owners. They will continue throwing tens of millions of dollars at unproven rookies though, proving that dumbassedness crosses all demographics.

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Actually it got plenty of run around here. Not as much as the racing video but it still got some people hot under the collar. Also, shortly there after Mario apologized for his error in judgment. It was also his rookie year. Let me repeat this because it is worth repeating, IT WAS HIS ROOKIE YEAR. Making mistakes when you come into a lot of money is one thing but you have to learn from them and so far Mario has shown he has learned and is maturing. VY not so much, it looks more like he is still immature.

Spin it all that you want and make it okay for Mario, but blast another guy for doing the same thing and create a bunch of other BS behind it. In the end it isn't a big deal, and if you ever attended a night club in this century, you'd know that it's quite common and it isn't just the Pac Man Joneses of the world that have done that before. Go ahead and blast every other player in the NFL for what you think is wrong, but excuse it all if they're a HOuston Texan. Yeah, you get a lot of credibility with that. :spit:

Specnatz
05-29-2009, 03:18 PM
OMG!!! Mario Williams is making it rain!!! Can that thug!! He is supposed to be a leader on the defense and he was the #1 draft pick and is to be held to a higher standard!

Where is Texans Chick, Specnatz, and Brewster to spread their shame on our precious Mario Williams for having a good time in the club and giving away some free money? I guess we should all speculate that Mario is not doing what he is supposed to be doing and is out there acting a fool. How can his team mates respect a guy like that? He is in no way shape or form a leader now. :spit: :spit::spit:

I never excued Mario, I said he did it his rookie year, never said one way or the other what I thought about Mario doing it. I do not think it is a good move and pretty much a boneheaded move. Again you tried and you missed it by that much.

You are a couple of years to late ... Texans_Chick actually did a story on this back when it was first released. Thank you for trying but you ...

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/IosefKoranison/vader-fail.jpg

Mr teX
05-29-2009, 03:23 PM

He was apologizing for the lambo-gate thing, not throwing away money in a club. & so what if it was his rookie year. He was young & rich then & he's still young & rich. That's the kind of crap they do. & Just b/c Mario hasn't done anything since doesn't mean that he won't in the future or something won't come out later ala Vick. The bottom line is that they're both still kids with more money than they know what to do with.

If you can play, mostly nothing you do off the field matters, your teammates will follow u as long as u don't let them down on the gridiron. Qb is a special position & while i believe there are differences in the way you must act vs. being another skill position guy, those differences aren't as many as people think; again, there are numerous players to draw this conclusion from.

Specnatz
05-29-2009, 03:25 PM
He was apologizing for the lambo-gate thing, not throwing away money in a club. & so what if it was his rookie year. He was young & rich then & he's still young & rich. That's the kind of crap they do. & Just b/c he Mario hasn't done anything since doesn't mean that he won't in the future or something won't come out later ala Vick. The bottom line is that they're both still kids with more money than they know what to do with & we know what kids to.....

So now your going to chastise him or make excuses for something someone is doing or has just done because of something he may or may not do in the future because you think think he can not learn and grow up?

Not that right there is just flat out genius.

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 03:29 PM
I never excued Mario, I said he did it his rookie year, never said one way or the other what I thought about Mario doing it. I do not think it is a good move and pretty much a boneheaded move. Again you tried and you missed it by that much.

You are a couple of years to late ... Texans_Chick actually did a story on this back when it was first released. Thank you for trying but you ...

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/IosefKoranison/vader-fail.jpg

Lol! Nice picture, but it doesn't make you look any smarter. It just shows that you're out to bash one guy and will excuse another guy for doing the same thing which takes all credibility away from you. If VY was a Texan, and Mario was a Titan you'd be calling Mario an immature thug and excusing VY for it.

If it's bad it's bad. If it's not a big deal, then it's not a big deal. Which one is it? I think YOU are the one that is attempting to have it both ways here.

Oh, but he was a rookie, so that doesn't count. :spit:

Do you follow Mario around all day long, and see what he does or doesn't do? Do you follow VY around all of the time and see what HE does or doesn't do? NO, you don't, but you certainly don't mind speculating about one guy negatively and patting the other on the back for the same action. Again, holler at me when you actually have something worthy of talking about.

HOU-TEX
05-29-2009, 03:32 PM
The people that should be learning from this are the successful, supposedly smart owners. They will continue throwing tens of millions of dollars at unproven rookies though, proving that dumbassedness crosses all demographics.

True, true.

BUT, it still will not dismiss the fact that VY is dumber than a sack of ass.

Mr teX
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM
So now your going to chastise him or make excuses for something someone is doing or has just done because of something he may or may not do in the future because you think think he can not learn and grow up?

Not that right there is just flat out genius.

what the hell are you talking about? Anyone who knows me knows that i don't like VY at all as a Qb prospect & my dislike is double since he went to UT & now plays for the titans so no agenda here.

But something as trivial as "making it rain" in a club isn't any better "sign" of lack of maturity or impending team mutiny than say a guy who's having a kid out of wedlock by a woman he was no longer seeing (Tom Brady) or a world class ladies man/drunkard (joe namath).

Anyone trying to ascertain anything more than just a young rich guy blowing off some steam before he goes back to work full time is just reading too much into it or does have an agenda attached.

Specnatz
05-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Lol! Nice picture, but it doesn't make you look any smarter. It just shows that you're out to bash one guy and will excuse another guy for doing the same thing which takes all credibility away from you. If VY was a Texan, and Mario was a Titan you'd be calling Mario an immature thug and excusing VY for it.

If it's bad it's bad. If it's not a big deal, then it's not a big deal. Which one is it? I think YOU are the one that is attempting to have it both ways here.

Oh, but he was a rookie, so that doesn't count. :spit:

Do you follow Mario around all day long, and see what he does or doesn't do? Do you follow VY around all of the time and see what HE does or doesn't do? NO, you don't, but you certainly don't mind speculating about one guy negatively and patting the other on the back for the same action. Again, holler at me when you actually have something worthy of talking about.

You got to be joking about this **** right?

Do you read what people type or do you just go along and try and put words to people which do not belong. Go read what I said about Mario and then try agian.

Double Barrel
05-29-2009, 04:00 PM
VY's priorities:

1. Being Vince Young
2. Party!
3. sausage
4. Mama
5. Football

His best days are behind him, so he might as well celebrate getting a big, fat paycheck for being a bust and sitting on the bench behind Kerry Freakin' Collins.

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 04:01 PM
You got to be joking about this **** right?

Do you read what people type or do you just go along and try and put words to people which do not belong. Go read what I said about Mario and then try agian.

NO, I just stand by what I said from the beginning of this thread that this is a non story just like it would have been for Mario when he was raining dollars from in the club.

Texecutioner
05-29-2009, 04:02 PM
VY's priorities:

1. Being Vince Young
2. Party!
3. sausage
4. Mama
5. Football

His best days are behind him, so he might as well celebrate getting a big, fat paycheck for being a bust and sitting on the bench behind Kerry Freakin' Collins.

:spit: See now at least I can count on you for bringing some "funny" into this thread DB. Nice! I thought #4 was pretty funny dude.

Mr teX
05-29-2009, 04:04 PM
VY's priorities:

1. Being Vince Young
2. Party!
3. sausage
4. Mama
5. Football

This i can agree with.

Grams
05-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Vince Young Plans To Shut Up, Get Paid
Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2009, 9:15 a.m. EDT
Titans quarterback Vince Young is supposed to be entering his prime. As the fourth season of his NFL career approaches, the third overall pick in the 2006 draft should be preparing to try to take a talented Titans team to the first NFL title in franchise history.

Instead, he’s scheduled to ride the pine.

Even more troubling than that, in our view, is the fact that he seems to be OK with it.

“I am just going to keep my mouth closed, man,” Young said Sunday night, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “All I am doing this year is shutting up, just shutting up and working. I am going to smile and shut up and continue being Vince Young, a happy smiling guy. I am not going to get into the hoopla any more because of the fact I can’t win any more, I see.”

He says he’s not upset with starter Kerry Collins for taking the job that, a year ago, Young held.

“I don’t have nothing against Kerry,” Young said (which of course technically means that Young does have something against Collins). “Kerry is just doing his job and that is the same thing I want to do, take care of my job and wait for my turn when they call me.”

Young doesn’t know when his turn will come.

“I haven’t the slightest idea,” he said. “I am just leaving that to other people and trying to get myself in shape and get myself ready. I do know I am healthy and my body feels great and it’s been a long time since I’ve felt that way.”

In the meantime, he’ll just keep smiling — and getting paid.

“Whatever they want me to do that is what I am going to do,” Young said. “If they want me to sit on the sideline and be there to watch the game then that is OK with me, but at the same time I am getting my checks and I am fine.’’

Those checks will be worth $126,470 each, which constitute 17 installments of a $2.15 million base salary.

But this arrangement can’t go on for much longer. Next year, those checks will grow to more than $440,000 each, as part of a $7.5 million base salary.

In our view, it’s about more than the money. It’s about a burning desire not only to play, but also to excel. In our view, Young seems to have resigned himself to the fact that he’s not going to dominate at the NFL level.

And so he appears content to coast, which at last check wasn’t one of the ingredients for a high-end NFL quarterback.

Doesn't sound like much of a leader to me.

Texans_Chick
05-30-2009, 02:25 PM

I actually was the first one to point out the Mario Williams making it rain video and the first to put the Mario Williams racing video online. I also put his apology online where he acknowledged he needs to not do that stuff any more.

VY says that nothing is going to stop him from having fun.

Vinny
05-30-2009, 02:38 PM
VY says that nothing is going to stop him from having fun.not even his career. :voodoo:

Specnatz
05-30-2009, 03:16 PM
I actually was the first one to point out the Mario Williams making it rain video and the first to put the Mario Williams racing video online. I also put his apology online where he acknowledged he needs to not do that stuff any more.

VY says that nothing is going to stop him from having fun.

But Steph you have to continue to berate Mario, I mean what is almost 3 years and an apology mean anyway. If we are not still beating it into the ground it is giving him a free pass. Well at least according to Texecutioner

MannyFresh
05-30-2009, 07:39 PM
when you are the franchise qb and people have plenty money invested in you, and in this day and age, you better be watching how you act. Throw money like that and you finah get jacked. That's all that makes this a story. Otherwise, who cares when you can just get a pic with kassey studdard at texas land and cattle co.

lol!

CloakNNNdagger
06-01-2009, 08:01 AM
But Steph you have to continue to berate Mario, I mean what is almost 3 years and an apology mean anyway. If we are not still beating it into the ground it is giving him a free pass. Well at least according to Texecutioner

Dang, just like any addict, Mario has merely given up one addiction for another.........He's now making opposing offensive players "rain"...........there goes one into the air............and another...........and another.............rehab just never works, does it?

CloakNNNdagger
06-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Boy, the bad press must have really pushed buttons. What happened to the patience of learning? I would call this Damage Control for opening his mouth with a 16 (or was it really an 8) Wonderlic brain:

Vince Young Tired Of Sitting On The Bench

The Tennessee Titans’ quarterback depth chart hasn’t changed. Kerry Collins is still the starter, and Vince Young is the backup.

During an interview with WMAR-TV, Young said that if he doesn’t win back his old job, then he wants a change of scenery.

“I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans,” Young said. “At the same time, if them guys don’t want me to be in there, it’s time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I’m ready to play ball. If they’re not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is.”

During the offseason, Titans coach Jeff Fisher declared that Young would have to “earn his job back” to overtake Collins.

In three games and one start last season, Young threw one touchdown with two interceptions as Collins led the Titans to the AFC South division title.

For his career, the former University of Texas star has completed 57.3 percent of his throws for 4,964 yards, 22 touchdowns and 32 interceptions for a 68.8 quarterback rating.

“I’m still focused, staying focused,” Young said. “I got a lot of people that look up to me. I got a lot of fans that love me and want to see me back out on the football field.

“So, right now, I’m just taking it a day at a time. I’m being very competitive, competing for the job and just let coach Fish make his own decision after that.”

Honoring Earl 34
06-16-2009, 09:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDJ2W3l31A

Texan_Bill
06-16-2009, 04:07 PM

:spit: repped.

Double Barrel
06-16-2009, 04:30 PM

LMAO!!!! That was awesome. :laughjump: :hobie: :laughjump:

Texan_Bill
06-16-2009, 05:57 PM

I noticed Arrow lurking around. He went and posted the video over on gotits.com, taking full credit I'm sure! ;)

Honoring Earl 34
06-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I noticed Arrow lurking around. He went and posted the video over on gotits.com, taking full credit I'm sure! ;)

I'm conVinced that anything I think up has been done and put on the Youtube , which is convienent .

Honoring Earl 34
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Bill is the winner !

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?p=497710#post497710

Blazing Arrow
06-16-2009, 09:19 PM

Its better I take the credit on my board. I have no issues giving one of you the credit but the title wave of backlash is inevitable. You should really look at more of my Young posts to understand the responses ....

Would Earl 34 like credit?

Honoring Earl 34
06-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Its better I take the credit on my board. I have no issues giving one of you the credit but the title wave of backlash is inevitable. You should really look at more of my Young posts to understand the responses ....

Would Earl 34 like credit?

Nope ... just posting something I thought was funny .

Blazing Arrow
09-01-2009, 05:39 PM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8953/71406196.gif

Figured you guys would like this. New Jag fan on our board has it as a sig.

Texan_Bill
09-01-2009, 05:42 PM

:spit: Can't believe this but I'm gonna have to rep. you.

brakos82
09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
:spit: Can't believe this but I'm gonna have to rep. you.

You're not the only one. :spit:

SouthSideTexan
09-06-2009, 08:37 AM

:spit: Oh damn......rep at ya'.