PDA

View Full Version : Article On Bulman

Insideop
05-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Good Chron. article on Tim Bulman. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6439851.html

I like Bulman's drive and attitude. :wild: I hope we use him more this year while Barwin develops. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I'm expecting big things from the front 7 this season. :d:

MojoMan
05-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Reading that article about Bulman made me think of the movie Rudy. I know Bulman is a lot better than Rudy was, but the heart he is showing with all of the high draft picks and expensive free agents he has playing in front of him is inspiring.

gary
05-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Is it football season yet?

nunusguy
05-25-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm really excited about our DLine even though I realize much in that area is
still unsettled, still uncertain with the biggest question of all remaining about what kind of real improvement we can see with the pass-rush ?
But now that they've discovered/identified Bulman as a guy with this
all-important skill, we can expect he'll therfor be on the field for more snaps. Then there's the addition of Smith who if playing outside or inside at tackle is another addition to the pass-rushing platoon. And most of all is drafting
Barwin. And finally all of this will only improve Marios ability to put pressure on the QB.
The biggest question to me is how do the coachs utilize this collection of players in the best way ?

TheRealJoker
05-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm really excited to see how Bulman progresses under coach Kollar. Kollar teaches people to play the style that Bulman plays... balls to the wall and to the whistle every down.

This DL may give up some big plays being overaggressive but its gonna make a lot more because of that same style of play :)

kozanack
05-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Reading that article about Bulman made me think of the movie Rudy....

reading the article on Buhlman made me wonder why they didn't play him more last year. Seems like he very easily could have ended up with 8 - 10 sacks.
:thinking:

CloakNNNdagger
05-25-2009, 10:42 PM
reading the article on Buhlman made me wonder why they didn't play him more last year. Seems like he very easily could have ended up with 8 - 10 sacks.
:thinking:

One........he was discovered late by some. Two...........he wasn't discovered at all by some.

barrett
05-25-2009, 11:01 PM
The biggest question to me is how do the coachs utilize this collection of players in the best way ?

That's going to be a big unanswered question going into the season. It's much like on offense with all the quality TE's we're looking at. If the staff / coordinators are worth their weight then I think We should EXPECT to see some creative use of these guys. Don't forget that Cushing could be used creatively as well. Not to mention that the CB's will be playing closer to the line of scrimmage which could potentially allow for more creative use of the pressure packages with guys like Barwin or Bulman injected into the lineup. Hell, they even like Nadings ability to drop from the line of scrimmage. We've got alot to look at this year. I know it's in the plans to simplify and let the players play more instinctively but I am hoping that Bush and his staff can be complex in there schemes without making it complex for the players. If they can do that then I think we can expect some good things from this defense this year.

One........he was discovered late by some. Two...........he wasn't discovered at all by some.

I don't think that he was discovered late by the coaching staff. I don't see how that's possible. I know, I know "with Smith running the D anything's possible" but I think they knew what what available to them on their roster. Why he wasn't used more? I don't know. I remember in the pre-season he was crazy slow off the snap. Perhaps there were issues there that weren't sussed out until later in the season.

badboy
05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Is it football season yet?Man, where you been? Texans have their 5th game this Sunday and lead the NFL with the only 4-0 record. Mario has already set the QB sack record for NFL and both Slaton and AJ have 1000 yds. Dunta has 8 sacks and every time he goes on field, he waves a sign he made out of a towel to camera, "Show me the $". Schaub has been complaining that Kubes will not leave him in long enough as he has thrown for TD pass every time he touches the ball. Orslovsky waves the V peace sign behind Schaub's head when Matt is asked why Schaub has more TDs but O has thrown for more yards.

Anna-Megan was announced this morning as John McClain's replacement and Richard Justice was told by Hearst to stick with baseball.

In a final note ALex Brink was just traded to Vikings for a 2nd round pick as Brett Favre retired "for the final time" Memorial day. Favre said it was only fitting that he announce this decision on the day that was named for him. He had no comment on the 0-4 record he had led team to. It is rumored that Redskins owner is working behind the scenes to offer Favre the largest NFL contract ever to come out of retirement by next Sunday. :tiphat: