PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Matthews: "Texans on Verge of Greatness."

Tailgate
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Even though Bruce has only been around the team for a little while now, he thinks we are... "on the verge of greatness." Again its super early... but this guy has a ton of respect and his words carry a lot of weight imo.

Good interview overall. Theres a part where he admits that over the past few years his interest has been shifting to the Texans over his old team he played so many years for. He said he got to the point of rooting for us over them when they played.... even before he was hired.

Enjoy:

http://www.sportsradio610.com/pages/151267.php

TEXANRED
05-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Even though Bruce has only been around the team for a little while now, he thinks we are... "on the verge of greatness." Again its super early... but this guy has a ton of respect and his words carry a lot of weight imo.

Good interview overall. Theres a part where he admits that over the past few years his interest has been shifting to the Texans over his old team he played so many years for. He said he got to the point of rooting for us over them when they played.... even before he was hired.

Enjoy:

http://www.sportsradio610.com/pages/151267.php

That right there makes me forgive him for looking into the camera after the illegal forward pass by Wycheck to beat the Bills and screaming "Buffalo who?" while wearing a Titan jersey.

Bruce, I now dawn you forgiven.

Second Honeymoon
05-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Ok. I am now feeling a lot better about things with this type of endorsement even if its from within the staff. I have the utmost respect for Bruce and his football acumen. Man, this type of talk has me pumped. It shows that the coaching staff isn't going to settle for moral victories but rather aspire to have a great team.

Hopefully the guys can put it together and have a successful 2009 campaign. This city would erupt if the Texans took the next step and started winning big games. We can start by making Mark Sanchez's life a living hell in Week 1 at Reliant.

Ole Miss Texan
05-20-2009, 01:19 PM
I think the Texans are going to be great. If they were a publicly traded stock, I would invest heavily in them right now.

HoustonFrog
05-20-2009, 01:30 PM
That right there makes me forgive him for looking into the camera after the illegal forward pass by Wycheck to beat the Bills and screaming "Buffalo who?" while wearing a Titan jersey.

Bruce, I now dawn you forgiven.

Come on, it was a legit play...straight across the line...NFL Films even reviewed it. :)

As for the thread...they have all the talent to do good things and to be a top team.

disaacks3
05-20-2009, 02:10 PM
My two biggest concerns were (and continue to be) the Defensive Secondary and the Offensive Line.

IMHO - We haven't done a whole lot to "enhance" those this offseason, instead hoping that our 'peripheral' updates to other positions will allow the team to progress into the post-season.

I still want a legitimate talent at FS & a serviceable #2CB (A true #1 would be great, but I'd settle for Two #2's (Dunta+?). On the O-Line we need the anchors at LT & Center...here's hoping the LT play improves dramatically in yr. 2.

Double Barrel
05-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Come on, it was a legit play...straight across the line...NFL Films even reviewed it. :)

As for the thread...they have all the talent to do good things and to be a top team.

Bruce was talking about the "Music City Miracle" erasing the history/memory of 35-3. It might have for him, but it never will for Houston Oilers fans.

I liked the hire, though, and I like what he's saying. Hopefully all these good vibes translate to the field of play come September.

Goldensilence
05-20-2009, 03:09 PM

Legit or not. Screw Buffalo.

El Tejano
05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I hope Bruce sneaks in the locker room and puts on the pads and helmet again.