PDA

View Full Version : Rosenhaus Tweet - "Winston to make Pro Bowl"

JWarren14
05-11-2009, 03:08 PM
From RosenhausSports:

Look for Eric Winston to make the Pro Bowl this season. The Houston Texans' right tackle is one of the most underrated players in the NFL.

Wouldn't it be great to have AJ, OD, Slaton , and Winston all make the Pro Bowl?

If Duane Brown continues to develop and Caldwell turns out to be the player he was in the SEC at the NFL level we could have one of the best OL in the league.

I was reading about the 2 other OL we got in UDFA and they have an impressive resume. I guess we like SEC lineman Caldwell, Watkins, and Helms. Watkins really intrigues me as a raw talent who didn't start playing football until his junior year of high school. He played both tackle positions and was a captain for a very successful Florida Gators program.

I hope the young guys learn all they can before Gibbs decides to retire for good. I hope he the Cherokee sticks around for years to come, but you have to hang em up sooner or later....right Far-v-rah?

DiehardChris
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Rosenhaus is hilarious. I'm subscribed to his Twitter AND Eric Winston's Twitter - and he literally posted that blurb about Winston right after Winston sent out a Tweet as well. In other words - drew had no plans to post jack about Winston until he saw Winston's tweet - then he just fired off a comment about him.

By the way, if you do the Twitter thing, Winston's is http://twitter.com/ericwinston. Mine is http://twitter.com/HoustonDiehards.

RipTraxx
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I cannot stand Drew 'next question' Rosenhaus.

Agents should be heard, not seen.

Texecutioner
05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Rosenhaus is hilarious. I'm subscribed to his Twitter AND Eric Winston's Twitter - and he literally posted that blurb about Winston right after Winston sent out a Tweet as well. In other words - drew had no plans to post jack about Winston until he saw Winston's tweet - then he just fired off a comment about him.

By the way, if you do the Twitter thing, Winston's is http://twitter.com/ericwinston. Mine is http://twitter.com/HoustonDiehards.

You're probably the first person including myself I've ever seen that doesn't despise Rosenhaus.

DiehardChris
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
You're probably the first person including myself I've ever seen that doesn't despise Rosenhaus.

Oh, I absolutely cannot stand him. I mean hilarious as in - he seems like he's paying Winston a compliment - but all he was doing was posting because he had just seen that Winston had also done a "tweet."

I don't like Rosenhaus AT ALL. I just subscribe to his Twitter in case he has an update on one of his Texan clients so I can put it on my blog if I feel like it's worth posting about.

m5kwatts
05-11-2009, 04:56 PM
As much of a spaz as Rosenhaus is, he appears to have a good relationship with the Texans, which is a good thing considering his client base. Winston's deal was negotiated quietly behind closed doors, like all deals should be (dunta and demeco im looking at you) and was a really fair deal in terms of market value. Plus since he already got Winston his deal its not like his Tweeter comments were out of mindless client promotion for a new big contract. He was sincere and I appreciate him pulling for an underrated client.

Goldensilence
05-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Not a big Rosenhaus fan but.....that ESPN commercial he did was pretty funny. I think that was my first and only Rosenhaus highlight.

JWarren14
05-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Not a big Rosenhaus fan but.....that ESPN commercial he did was pretty funny. I think that was my first and only Rosenhaus highlight.

Agreed, love that spot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2gM3RgiGZA).

valleytexfan
05-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Agreed, love that spot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2gM3RgiGZA).

I loved it the first 50 times I saw it on draft day. Then I got kinda tired of it. But it's funny...:gun:

Mari-OWNED!
05-12-2009, 02:52 AM
The day a Texans offensive lineman makes it to the Pro Bowl, is the day the my head will spontaneously combust!

mexican_texan
05-12-2009, 03:40 AM
Winston deserves a Pro Bowl spot in the next few years, but I doubt he will until the NFL has spots for LT, LG, RG, RT rather than just G, T.

Hardcore Texan
05-12-2009, 07:35 AM
In Drew's on words Winston is underrated, thus making it much more less likely to make the pro bowl, since it's just a popularity contest. :thinking:

Kaiser Toro
05-12-2009, 07:40 AM
In Drew's on words Winston is underrated, thus making it much more less likely to make the pro bowl, since it's just a popularity contest. :thinking:

I would say they are way out front from a PR perspective during the "low" season of the popularity contest - tweeting in May, Winston contributing to his own blog, Winston being open for interviews, etc.

GP
05-12-2009, 09:12 AM
How's he going to make the Pro Bowl on a Texans team that is mired in mediocrity and can't get past 8-8? You can't reward mediocrity, from what I have heard.

Going to be lots of Texans left off the Pro Bowl list. Poor fellas.

HOU-TEX
05-12-2009, 09:15 AM
How often does a RT make the Pro Bowl? Not very

Plus, his pass blocking was average at best last season.

Hardcore Texan
05-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I would say they are way out front from a PR perspective during the "low" season of the popularity contest - tweeting in May, Winston contributing to his own blog, Winston being open for interviews, etc.

True and good on them, but unless ESPN or NFLN picks it up or it gets some airtime some where else it will probably fly under the radar.

Polo
05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
I think Winston is a little more popular than you guys think...

He's a Miami guy...If the Texans have a good year he will get consideration...he's one of the last of the old school Miami guys...folks know who he is...

eriadoc
05-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I think Winston is a little more popular than you guys think...

He's a Miami guy...If the Texans have a good year he will get consideration...he's one of the last of the old school Miami guys...folks know who he is...

I agree with that, but I do think it will take a pretty good year by the Texans to get a right tackle in the Pro Bowl. That's just the way the system works, unfortunately.

texanhead08
05-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I am trying to figure out which one I dislike more Rosenhaus or Scott Boras. Its close to which one is the bigger *********.

4Texans
05-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I am trying to figure out which one I dislike more Rosenhaus or Scott Boras. Its close to which one is the bigger *********.

Rosenhaus gets on a persons nerves, but Boras will flat out piss you off to where you will not even deal with him.

m5kwatts
05-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Rosenhaus gets on a persons nerves, but Boras will flat out piss you off to where you will not even deal with him.

Boras in a landslide. Rosenhaus isn't destroying his sports' economics....he generally asks for his clients' worth...Boras asks for 10x their worth

gtexan02
05-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Boras in a landslide. Rosenhaus isn't destroying his sports' economics....he generally asks for his clients' worth...Boras asks for 10x their worth

Unless you believe one side of the media hype, we still live in a capitalistic society. He asks for 10x what they are worth and gets 5x. Both sides feel like they've won, and Boras makes a mint doing it. Hes a pretty smart guy, love him or hate him

m5kwatts
05-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Unless you believe one side of the media hype, we still live in a capitalistic society. He asks for 10x what they are worth and gets 5x. Both sides feel like they've won, and Boras makes a mint doing it. Hes a pretty smart guy, love him or hate him

Both sides feel like they've won? Ask the Giants about Barry Zito. Look, there's a difference between good honest capitalism and gouging baseball's owners. No doubt its their fault for agreeing to those ridiculous deals. And no doubt Boras has every right to do what he's doing and he's smart for exploiting the open market of baseball economics. All this doesn't make it right though.

Battle Red Flash
05-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Don't like Drew R, but it's about time Winston got noticed.

05-13-2009, 01:35 PM
"RosenhausSports - Key an eye on Dom Barber who is in position to be one of the starting safeties for the Texans. Barber was a steal in the 08 draft."

pimpin all his clients.

TimeKiller
05-13-2009, 01:58 PM
I'll "key an eye" on him as soon as he does something on the field.

Texanmike02
05-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Both sides feel like they've won? Ask the Giants about Barry Zito. Look, there's a difference between good honest capitalism and gouging baseball's owners. No doubt its their fault for agreeing to those ridiculous deals. And no doubt Boras has every right to do what he's doing and he's smart for exploiting the open market of baseball economics. All this doesn't make it right though.

He doesn't ask 10x what they're worth. He gets EXACTLY what they are worth. Their worth is what the market will pay. Zito was worth his contract because there was a demand for him. Some how, people try to attach a "value" to someone's future performance. Its like buying a car. If you but a Mercedes a used Mercedes, and it breaks down... or doesn't handle curves as well as you want, or whatever... KBB had a price estabilshed for it and that's what it was worth to drive that car. There is no such thing as "good honest capitalism". Capitalism is a buyer beware system. Its funny, those that make the best of it are the most successful on both ends. Look at Seattle, or better yet Oakland. For YEARS they were perennial contenders because they took advantage of the other side of capitalism. For every rip off there is a bargain in sports, its just harder to find them. For every Babin. there is a Slaton.

Mike