PDA

View Full Version : Your objections to the 2009 draft: speak now or hold your peace

Hooston Texan
04-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I started a thread right after the 2008 draft for everyone to "go on the record" with their opinions of the draft. The intent was to let all the would-be I-told-you-so's put down their opinions before they had the benefit of hindsight. Also, this will be a good place to put down the names of the guys we were hoping to get (Jennings, Brown, Unger, etc.).

In a year or two, we could then unearth this thread and see who was smart and who was not. Last week, we got a good laugh at the folks (me included) who questioned the Slaton pick, but those who went on the record supporting the Slaton pick get well-deserved applause.

So here's the rules:
1. This isn't intended to be a discussion/debate thread at this phase. Plenty of those going around. Just post your disagreement with a pick (or picks) and why. When this time capsule gets dug up in the next year or two, we can praise/laugh at the picks all we want.

2. If you disagree with a pick, you must state who you would have drafted with that pick. And the proposed pick must have been available.

3. No "they should have traded down/up" comments. We don't know if any trades were available, so assume that we were stuck with the picks.

4. If you don't post here, then we can presume you don't question any of the picks. OK, that's not really a fair rule, but you can't be an I-told-us-so unless you did indeed tell us so. If you were right, the proof will be right here for everyone to see.

So, with those ground rules in place, here's the transactions up for consideration:

Trading Rosenfels for a fourth round pick. If you disagree with this pick, then you are voiding the Texans pick of Anthony Hill (unless you believe we should have drafted him earlier than 122.

Brian Cushing at 15.

Connor Barwin at 46.

Antoine Caldwell at 77

Grover Quin at 112.

Anthony Hill at 122.

James Casey at 152.

Brice McCain at 188.

Troy Nolan at 223.

Fire away, brave souls.

GP
04-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Connor Barwin better be the love child of Mike Vrabel & KVB. Because that 2nd round pick, to me, is a little risky. I would have preferred a DB in that spot, but a lot of people think DBs in the higher rounds are overrated unless they are the best of the DB position in the draft class.

If Anthony Hill in the 4th was a move to improve red zone, goal line, and short yardage RUNNING situations...and he's used in that manner...and it works...then I like the pick. If it turns out that James Casey was the better TE pick, well...we wasted a 4th rounder and we'll need to look at who else was available after we drafted Anthony Hill.

Not taking Andre Brown, or even a single RB at all, was a bit surprising. A lot of teams let RBs slide almost completely off the edge of the draft board. I wonder if the trend is going to become the practice of making a good portion of RBs go undrafted and then sign them as UDFAs, thereby using your draft picks on other positions. Maybe coaches feel there wasn't enough good RBs in this draft, so sign 'em cheaper as UDFAs.

It's obvious that we're building our defense from the line, first, then the LBs, and the DBs are the last to get the star treatment. Hopefully we use next year's first round to target a stud DB at any DB position, take your pick.

I am so-so on Cushing. I wonder if he's really "all that," or if he's just a workout warrior who will get lost in the deep waters of the NFL. I will hold back on my assessment until I see him in action. If he's a star, he'll show it very quickly, IMO. If he's not, then oops-we-crapped-our-pants in the first round, Okoye style. Again.

Love the Caldwell pick.

The rest of the picks? Meh. I'm indifferent to them.

Ryan
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm indifferent with just about every pick besides Cushing and Caldwell. It's not that I completely hate the picks, it's just a "we'll have to wait and see" kind of ordeal.

Double Barrel
04-27-2009, 04:10 PM
It's all speculation until we see what they can do on the field. "Hold your peace" is kind of silly when we have no idea if these players can compete at the pro level just two days after the draft. And I seriously doubt anyone on a message board could even "hold their peace" to begin with.

Big Poundcake
04-27-2009, 04:14 PM
I like the Cushing pick and pretty much the rest of the picks. The Texans filled their needs. Good draft.

mexican_texan
04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't like the Cushing or the Anthony Hill pick. I'm not in love with the Barwin pick, either. Antoine Caldwell, though, gives me hope. I honestly know nothing of the DBs.

rmartin65
04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
I dont really like the 6th or 7th rounders.

Initially I disliked both 4th's, but I have come to terms with those.

I am meh on the Cushings pick, and I love the Barwin and Casey picks.

dalemurphy
04-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I dont really like the 6th or 7th rounders.

Initially I disliked both 4th's, but I have come to terms with those.

I am meh on the Cushings pick, and I love the Barwin and Casey picks.

Too much detail, just give us the broad strokes please!

Nawzer
04-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I hate the friggin' draft. LOL.

DocBar
04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
It's all speculation until we see what they can do on the field. "Hold your peace" is kind of silly when we have no idea if these players can compete at the pro level just two days after the draft. And I seriously doubt anyone on a message board could even "hold their peace" to begin with.

I don't like the Cushing or the Anthony Hill pick. I'm not in love with the Barwin pick, either. Antoine Caldwell, though, gives me hope. I honestly know nothing of the DBs. Every single pick in every draft ever held is a question mark. We got grilled by anyone who ever HEARD of the NFL for taking MW, but ask RB or VY how that turned out. Who knew Sam Bowie had kids named Reggie and Vince? Just to show MY smarts, I was a HUGE Carr supporter and blamed much on the OL. I also didn't mind the TJ pick. Those are 2 I regret. All that being said, I REALLY like our draft. We could have our 2nd DROY with Cushing. I like his attitude and motor. I just like our draft all the way around. Yeah, we could've picked this guy or that guy, but Smithiak has earend my respect in the draft, so I'll take it and be happy with it. I bet Barwin makes a HELL of an impact, BTW. We just got young and fast on the edges. Watch out Manning.

Thorn
04-27-2009, 06:52 PM
All the picks look good in theory. I'll wait until a few preseason games have been played before I start making judgements. Some of these guys we won't really know what we have for a while though.

rmartin65
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Too much detail, just give us the broad strokes please!

I could do more detail if you want.

I do not like the second CB. From the film I have seen of him (albeit relatively little, and excluding his highlight reel) he seems to just be a speed guy. The 7th, he reminds me of Harrison. I hope I am wrong, but I dont see anything from him. And his measurables suck. He seems like a guy that wont even be on the squad in 2010.

Initially, I hated Hill. But I did a little research, and the idea of a blocking TE for certain situations sounds good. The first CB, we did need depth. So I warmed up to that pick real quick. I also like that he could possibly give depth at FS.

Cushings, I hate USC. So, on principle, I dislike him until he proves himself as a Texan. But he does seem like a good player with a good attitude.

Caldwell, one of our better picks. Depth at C and G, and I think he will start at either RG or C by week 8.

Casey I gave a low grade because of OD, Dreeson, and Hill. but I love him as a player, so I cant say I dislike the pick.

Barwin was my favorite pick. I think he could be the best pass rusher in the draft.

Double Barrel
04-27-2009, 06:57 PM
All the picks look good in theory. I'll wait until a few preseason games have been played before I start making judgements. Some of these guys we won't really know what we have for a while though.

This is the way I feel. I'm hopeful that we've got some gems, but I can't really say until we see them in action.

mexican_texan
04-27-2009, 07:00 PM
I could do more detail if you want.

I do not like the second CB. From the film I have seen of him (albeit relatively little, and excluding his highlight reel) he seems to just be a speed guy. The 7th, he reminds me of Harrison. I hope I am wrong, but I dont see anything from him. And his measurables suck. He seems like a guy that wont even be on the squad in 2010.

Initially, I hated Hill. But I did a little research, and the idea of a blocking TE for certain situations sounds good. The first CB, we did need depth. So I warmed up to that pick real quick. I also like that he could possibly give depth at FS.

Cushings, I hate USC. So, on principle, I dislike him until he proves himself as a Texan. But he does seem like a good player with a good attitude.

Caldwell, one of our better picks. Depth at C and G, and I think he will start at either RG or C by week 8.

Casey I gave a low grade because of OD, Dreeson, and Hill. but I love him as a player, so I cant say I dislike the pick.

Barwin was my favorite pick. I think he could be the best pass rusher in the draft.
Brice McCain was drafted to be a returner if I'm not mistaken. I have high hopes for him and Troy Nolan after reading up on them.

bah007
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Seems as if some people might be upset with the Casey pick because they see him as a replacement for OD.

I disagree. I think Casey will play more of a FB/H Back role and I think he will be a dynamic player in that position. I don't think the addition of Casey has any impact on OD.

Texecutioner
04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Seems as if some people might be upset with the Casey pick because they see him as a replacement for OD.

I disagree. I think Casey will play more of a FB/H Back role and I think he will be a dynamic player in that position. I don't think the addition of Casey has any impact on OD.

I don't know about that Bah. I think that it just might. I mean hell we just drafted two straight TE's man, and to me it's no coincidence especially with Daniels needing to be resigned and all and the Texans seeing that big contract with Winslow. I think that it does have some effect. I'm not saying that now all of a sudden we aren't going to resign Daniels because of it, but it does make me say wonder a little bit.

bah007
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't know about that Bah. I think that it just might. I mean hell we just drafted two straight TE's man, and to me it's no coincidence especially with Daniels needing to be resigned and all and the Texans seeing that big contract with Winslow. I think that it does have some effect. I'm not saying that now all of a sudden we aren't going to resign Daniels because of it, but it does make me say wonder a little bit.

Just because a guy played TE in college doesn't mean he will play TE in the pros. Guys switch positions all the time.

Switching from TE to a FB/H Back should be a pretty easy transition for Casey. He didn't really play TE at Rice anyway. He was basically just a WR flexed inside.

ObsiWan
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM

While I don't think that we'll just let O.D. walk either; I do agree picking up two TEs will have an impact. I think O.D.'s bargaining leverage just diminished a bit with the pick up of these two guys.

Texecutioner
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Just because a guy played TE in college doesn't mean he will play TE in the pros. Guys switch positions all the time.

Switching from TE to a FB/H Back should be a pretty easy transition for Casey. He didn't really play TE at Rice anyway. He was basically just a WR flexed inside.

I'm not saying that this means we won't be trying to resign Daniels, but it does make me wonder. Casey is listed as a TE as of now, so that is all that I have to go on. I hope we keep Daniels, but I have a hunch that possibly Kubiak just might think that he can replace Daniels with this Casey guy in the 5th round with a value pick and make him into another Daniels. Only time will tell.

leebigeztx
04-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm more of a check with me in 3 yrs type of guy. I'm not into these early draft grades and such, but I have a problem, not major with the texans draft.

I know philly called for that 15th pick. The gm and coach said so once they saw macklin still there. If u just use the value chart and looking at the ammo of philly, to move down the texans couldve got no less than a 3rd and a 4th to move 6 spots. Now the 3rd had to be this yr and the 4th couldve been negotiated. Lets say they did get the 2 picks, they couldve drafted matthews,butler,or davis at 21. The rule is u have to have a player for every spot u move down. If they take matthews, that's the slb with upside like barwin or if they take davis or butler, that's leverage against robinson. To have another 3 and 4 in this draft wouldve been incredible. Everyone can't be perfect though.

J. Sean Wonton
04-27-2009, 07:51 PM
I object to not taking a defensive back higher in the draft and not taking a running back.

Goatcheese
04-27-2009, 07:57 PM
McCain is not a good corner.

Quin is not a good fit if we stick with man to man.

Cushing is just a quality starter, not a super star.

Barwin will develope into a starting DE on the same level with Leonard Little. If he went to a 3-4 I think he could be the next Ware.

Caldwell will be starting at C or G by the start of next season, and we won't see him get pushed backwards every play.

JCTexan
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I know the Texans have more knowledge of the draft then I do. I have no problems with their draft this year. Here's what I would have done with the picks, though.

Brian Cushing at 15. I like Cushing. I had him coming to Houston in half of the mock drafts I did.

Sean Smith at 46. I like the Barwin pick, but I like Smith more

Antoine Caldwell at 77. I like the Caldwell pick, he brings depth to the Texans line.

D.J. Moore at 112. I know next to nothing about Glover, and Moore was rated as a 2nd round pick coming into the draft.

Andre Brown at 122. I like that Hill is a blocking TE, but I like Brown more at this point in the draft. The Texans need RB depth, and I think Brown fits their scheme.

James Casey at 152. I like Casey at this spot. I think he's good value in the fifth.

Brice McCain at 188. Don't know too much about him, but he's a sixth round pick

Michael Bennett at 223. After picking Smith, I would have gone best DE available here. Nick Reed was the next one drafted, but I don't know anything about him. Bennett went undrafted, but I think he would have been a good 7th round pick.

DocBar
04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm more of a check with me in 3 yrs type of guy. I'm not into these early draft grades and such, but I have a problem, not major with the texans draft.

I know philly called for that 15th pick. The gm and coach said so once they saw macklin still there. If u just use the value chart and looking at the ammo of philly, to move down the texans couldve got no less than a 3rd and a 4th to move 6 spots. Now the 3rd had to be this yr and the 4th couldve been negotiated. Lets say they did get the 2 picks, they couldve drafted matthews,butler,or davis at 21. The rule is u have to have a player for every spot u move down. If they take matthews, that's the slb with upside like barwin or if they take davis or butler, that's leverage against robinson. To have another 3 and 4 in this draft wouldve been incredible. Everyone can't be perfect though.
That's a good "what if". Just Philly calling doesn't say what Philly was willing to pay. It takes 2 to tango. I just dealt with that Sunday at a gun show. Those guy's are WAY too proud of their stuff. Without hard evidence of what Philly was willing to give up, it becomes a moot point.

Mari-OWNED!
04-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Mine is pretty easy.

Draft Rashad Jennings in the 7th instead of Troy Nolan.

rmartin65
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Brice McCain was drafted to be a returner if I'm not mistaken. I have high hopes for him and Troy Nolan after reading up on them.

He was not a great returner in college though. Contrary to popular belief, it takes more than athleticism (speed, agility) to be a great KR. And I strongly believe that if you cant do it in college, you cant do it in the pros.

gtexan02
04-27-2009, 08:58 PM
I liked Rashad Johnson in the 3rd. I know nothing of Caldwell, so he could turn out to be quite useful. But I was hoping for an impact safety and he fell to us in round 3

ObsiWan
04-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Trading Rosenfels for a fourth round pick. If you disagree with this pick, then you are voiding the Texans pick of Anthony Hill (unless you believe we should have drafted him earlier than 122

Brian Cushing at 15.
I liked Diles - 7th rd guy that made good. But if Cushing beats him out fair & square, then we don't lose anything when Cushing rotates out for a blow. And BTW, I hated Cushing's pre-draft hype - gave me RB/VY flashbacks. ...but to his credit, he doesn't seem to be basking in the glory like they did.

Connor Barwin at 46.
I was expecting/hoping for a DB here. But I was okay with a pass rusher.

Antoine Caldwell at 77
I was caught totally by surprise. A happy, shiny surprise. A 4-yr starter that can play any of the inside O-line spots! Myers better not get "nicked", he may not get his job back.

Grover Quin at 112.
Hadn't heard of him. But he's got decent speed and can play nickel or safety. Okay. I got my DB. Need addressed.

Anthony Hill at 122.
Bruener replacement unit ...with better hands. Kubiak says "he'll make us less predictable in our single-back set". That's gotta be a good thing.

Also, I'll admit that at this point, I was perplexed that we hadn't picked up a RB yet. Two 4th rd picks and neither was a RB?? WTH?? But when I went back and looked at who had been picked up, it seemed to me that the whole league was "meh" about this year's RB class - only 9 picked in the first 4 rds.
Given that we picked up a couple of decent prospects right after the draft, I'm good now.

James Casey at 152.
Home down boy who was rated to go sooner by some. Kubiak said that the Texans plan to try Casey at tight end, fullback, long snapper and on special teams. He also has the ability to play quarterback in a “Wildcat” offense. All this from a 5th rd guy? None of the other 5th rd guys have produced. Drew Hodgdon, Brandon Harrison, Brandon Frye, Frank Okam, not a lot to show from any of 'em. Maybe Casey breaks that string. We'll see.

Brice McCain at 188.
3-yr starter... sub 4.4 40 at combine and pro day. Over 20 passes defended. Hmmm... Another toy for Marciano to play with. I'm good.

Troy Nolan at 223.
ANOTHER DB? I was thinking, this is getting ridiculous. And then I think, "hey that's 3 DBs out of our 8 picks... and a CB that's unhappy with his contract. ....definitely one of those things that make you go, "hmmmm...?"

bottom line:
I'm as good as one can be without seeing them on the field.

Texan4Ever
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm upset we didn't add more ZBS offensive linemen such as Greg Isander and Trevor Canfield and I also wanted another RB like Andre Brown and I wouldv'e also like Sean Smith or DJ Moore.

Hooston Texan
04-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I haven't had a chance to post my thoughts and I probably won't get a chance until tomorrow. But I think some of you are misunderstanding where I am going with this thread. I'm merely trying to head off a very specific type of Monday-Morning-GM: they guy who claims "I said all along that we should have drafted X instead of Y" when that guy probably had no idea who X or Y was at the time the pick was made.

It's not enough just to say we shouldn't have taken Cushing. You must also supply the name of player we should have drafted with that pick instead. If your should-have-been pick does indeed make it big in the league, then you can go back to this thread and prove your draft acumen by showing that you did indeed favor him at the time the picks were made.

I'm completely on board with the idea that a draft can't be judged until a number of years later. But this thread is (hopefully) a way to critique not only the drafters but also the critics of the drafters.

Look at JCTexan's post. That is what I was envisioning. If Sean Smith and Andre Brown outshine Barwin and Hill, JCT can go back to his post and prove that he was right all along (as opposed to merely being right with the benefit of hindsight).

Vinny
04-27-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm good. I think we may sign a back of some sort though. Just remind somebody to wake me up in August please.

Hooston Texan
04-27-2009, 10:57 PM
So here's my assessment and who we should have taken:

Sage trade: I'm absolutely good with the trade. Wish we could have gotten more, but I'd do it again for a fourth.

Cushing at 15: Nobody else I'd rather take with the pick. I see Cushing as more a thumper who can shed the TE better than Matthews, and that's what our LB group really lacks.

Barwin at 46: I was really, really hoping we'd take Max Unger who went at 49.

Caldwell at 77: In do-over-land, I would have taken Unger at 46, so I couldn't really take Caldwell here. Instead, I'd take the best DE available: in my mind, that was Lawrence Sidbury (even though he didn't go until the 125th pick). If this was the only pick I could change--in other words, if I had to take the Cushing/Barwin picks as a given, I would absolutely not change this pick.

Quin at 112: Absolutely the right move to go DB here, but I preferred either D.J. Moore or Chip Vaughn (both taken in the next few picks). Between those two, I'd opt for Moore. I would not have gone RB here because a bunch were still on the board and we get another shot just ten picks later.

Hill at 122: For a couple hours on Sunday, I was hoping that maybe we thought we had drafted Andre Brown but mistakenly put his teammate's name on the card. This is where we should have taken an RB and Brown should have been our guy.

Casey at 152: Even with us taking Hill at 122, no way am I changing this pick. This guy is going to be one heck of a player. I think he, Cushing, Barwin and Caldwell bring a toughness and grit to this team that we've been really lacking.

McCain at 188/Nolan at 223: Now we're into the "who's he" portion of the draft. In my opinion, rounds 6 and 7 are pretty hit-and-miss, so they're pretty hard to critique. But if I was heading into round 6 without an RB, I'd take Jennings at 6 or 7. But in do-over-land where I got Brown at 122, I'll leave this picks alone.

So, if this were my draft, these would have been my picks:

1(15): Cushing
2(46): Max Unger
3(77): Lawrence Sidbury (but only because of Unger)
4(112): D.J. Moore
4(122): Andre Brown
5(152): Casey
6/7: McCain and Nolan

dalemurphy
04-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I really like the draft but a lot of my fondness for the second day picks comes simply from a trust of Smithiak. That being said, the one thing I'd like to see them do, particularly on the second day, is move around to get targeted players. Some teams play around with picks too much. However, there should be points in the 4th, 5th, 6th rounds where a guy is sitting there 10 picks in front of you that you really like... I'd like to see us jump up occasionally and get those guys. A move like that costs very little. Other than that, I love the way Smith runs the draft and the type of players he got.

By the way, I've never been so confident in a draft pick becoming a very good player as I am in the C. Barwin pick. Barring injury, he's going to pay off quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a better pure pass rusher than Mario in two years.

jshabang
04-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I really like the draft but a lot of my fondness for the second day picks comes simply from a trust of Smithiak. That being said, the one thing I'd like to see them do, particularly on the second day, is move around to get targeted players. Some teams play around with picks too much. However, there should be points in the 4th, 5th, 6th rounds where a guy is sitting there 10 picks in front of you that you really like... I'd like to see us jump up occasionally and get those guys. A move like that costs very little. Other than that, I love the way Smith runs the draft and the type of players he got.

By the way, I've never been so confident in a draft pick becoming a very good player as I am in the C. Barwin pick. Barring injury, he's going to pay off quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a better pure pass rusher than Mario in two years.

woooooo now............theres not 5 players in the entire league better than mario so thats def a stretch......I do think hes an unbelievable athlete with some uncanny ability that u cant coach......u either have it or u dont

but as far as the draft i dont really care one way or another....

I am not in love with it, but then again i dont hate it......for whatever thats worth

barrett
04-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Quin is my favorite pick based on value.

I think Dale is refering to exactly the pure "specialist" sort of thing where if you a/b'd there techqnique and his ability to be effective on the downs he plays on he would be a better "pass rusher" whereas Mario is a better DE overall.

Having said that, I think he's nuts. 2 more years of developement and we may see Mario as the best in football. Don't forget, Williams has been playing 85 - 95% of the snaps over the last two years. With our imporved depth I could see him getting more rest and being even more dominant in the snaps that he plays.

Ckw
04-28-2009, 02:24 AM
woooooo now............theres not 5 players in the entire league better than mario so thats def a stretch......I do think hes an unbelievable athlete with some uncanny ability that u cant coach......u either have it or u dont

but as far as the draft i dont really care one way or another....

I am not in love with it, but then again i dont hate it......for whatever thats worth

I believe what he is saying is simply that Barwin's understanding of the game and technique may be better than Mario's in two years. Obviously, I doubt any of us expect Barwin to be "better" than Mario, because IMO Mario will be the best DE in the NFL in 1-2 years. He already contends for that role. But as TC said in her blog, teams love a player that gets double digit sacks in college. Teams really love a player that gets double digit sacks his first season playing the position!

Quin is my favorite pick based on value.

I'm curious what you like so much about Quin. I don't know much about him.

HJam72
04-28-2009, 02:27 AM
I just love a player that gets double-digit sacks for the Texans--anytime.

Maddict5
04-28-2009, 03:58 AM
im happy with our draft.

i do worry about cushing proneness to injury. he'll be a good player when healthy

barwin might take a while but there is serious potential

caldwell is a great depth pick that probably will play (well) early on (even if its caused by an injury)

quin i like alot

the blocking te i like

casey is a useful player. nice backup for OD

brice runs fast. whether that means anything we'll see

& i like troy nolan alot. could be the first player to start out of our day 2 picks

Scooter
04-28-2009, 04:15 AM
no objections here. i think clay is the better fit for what we're looking for and we went safe with the first pick, but we got the positions and talent we needed in the defensive front 7, and got them at or ahead of their projected spots on the first day. we also got a center with much more ability to wall off bigger guys like henderson, along with my favorite in a potential centerfielder. our short yardage, redzone, and special teams got a lot stronger in the second day so i really dont have any complaints.

there arent any sexy picks, but we landed football players. how this draft turns out will be very reliant upon how good our coaching staff really is. i think it's going to be a charles spencer, owen daniels, steve slaton type draft in that we got gems to mold into monsters.

Goatcheese
04-28-2009, 07:45 AM
If I were to Mock the draft:

Round 1 pick 15 Alex Mack C Cal
Round 2 pick 46 Connor Barwin DE Cincinnati
Round 3 pick 77 Rashad Johnson FS Alabama
Round 4 pick 112 Andre Brown RB NC St.
Round 4 pick 122 Gerald McRath LB Southern Miss
Round 5 pick 152 Michael Hamlin SS Clemson
Round 6 pick 188 Coye Francies CB San Jose St.
Round 7 pick 223 Chris Baker DT Hampton

TEXANS84
04-28-2009, 08:04 AM
I like the 1-3 picks especially Cushing and Caldwell (I was tired of Myers getting pushed back like he was on rollerskates in the goal line).

All of the other picks, are just a wait and see game. Double TE's threw me through a loop.

prostock101
04-28-2009, 08:18 AM
No objections. I think they drafted as best they could in a poor draft. We're obviously better in the front seven with Cushing at SLB and Barwin in the rotation. Picked up depth in the OL which everyone agrees is a need. The two TE's look like BPA. Both bring some obvious talent and maybe Casey is insurance in case we lose Daniels. After that, it's just a roll of the dice.

Kaiser Toro
04-28-2009, 08:44 AM
I like this draft, it was a draft for us that was top heavy with guys that play with attitude and with energy. My motto for the Texans this year is to destroy the other team's natural love for the game, and with Cushing, Barwin and Caldwell we have three minions that will force their will on their subject in practice or during the game.

I really like the Barwin pick in the second - a Big East Power Forward who is a TE and Special Teams stalwart that turned into a pass rushing DE and immediately led the Big East in sacks. This is not Jason Babin, this is a guy you go to war with that executes his charge with extreme prejudice. I am extremely pumped to watch his development.

Anthony Hill - I was surprised to see him go in the 4th and felt he would have been on the board for us in the 5th. I understood the pick as he will be part of the RZ solution that this team solely needs. I felt this was Alex Gibbs pick.

Glover Quin - I am giving the FO the benefit of the doubt as I like the guys tape and build. However, he has been too injury prone, on paper, for my liking - broke right arm in 2004, groin surgery in 2007, knee surgery in 2008. I felt this was David Gibbs pick.

Casey - love the pick, would have loved it in the fourth. Gives us versatility, and will keep the DC thinking on the other side of the ball. We have been way too predictable in the RZ, and this could be a strong solution in that regard.

Picks 6 through 7 are development picks for the ST, anything that they do after the fact is gravy. If we can find gravy every other year with these picks then I am happy.

No RB in the draft? Does not really chap my hide as our passing attack, run blocking and RZ attack got incrementally better. Slaton and all of our RBs should be able to cut off their after game whirpool time by 5 minutes with the beef we will be able to stack up.

We got better on paper, now it is time for our coaches to do what they are paid to do. :texflag:

dalemurphy
04-28-2009, 08:54 AM
I like this draft, it was a draft for us that was top heavy with guys that play with attitude and with energy. My motto for the Texans this year is to destroy the other team's natural love for the game, and with Cushing, Barwin and Caldwell we have three minions that will force their will on their subject in practice or during the game.

I really like the Barwin pick in the second - a Big East Power Forward who is a TE and Special Teams stalwart that turned into a pass rushing DE and immediately led the Big East in sacks. This is not Jason Babin, this is a guy you go to war with that executes his charge with extreme prejudice. I am extremely pumped to watch his development.

Anthony Hill - I was surprised to see him go in the 4th and felt he would have been on the board for us in the 5th. I understood the pick as he will be part of the RZ solution that this team solely needs. I felt this was Alex Gibbs pick.

Glover Quin - I am giving the FO the benefit of the doubt as I like the guys tape and build. However, he has been too injury prone, on paper, for my liking - broke right arm in 2004, groin surgery in 2007, knee surgery in 2008. I felt this was David Gibbs pick.

Casey - love the pick, would have loved it in the fourth. Gives us versatility, and will keep the DC thinking on the other side of the ball. We have been way too predictable in the RZ, and this could be a strong solution in that regard.

Picks 6 through 7 are development picks for the ST, anything that they do after the fact is gravy. If we can find gravy every other year with these picks then I am happy.

No RB in the draft? Does not really chap my hide as our passing attack, run blocking and RZ attack got incrementally better. Slaton and all of our RBs should be able to cut off their after game whirpool time by 5 minutes with the beef we will be able to stack up.

We got better on paper, now it is time for our coaches to do what they are paid to do. :texflag:

I think Barwin, Caldwell, and Hill monstrously upgrade our roster. They all fill spots where we were sorely lacking.

Barwin- we didn't have a speed rusher
Caldwell- Studdard was active last year, enough said. He also will clearly be the most physical interior linemen, other than Chester, on the team.
Hill- Bruener was too stiff to block on the second level last year and he was our only TE mauler.

HOU-TEX
04-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Does anybody else think Hill might eventually translate to OT? Maybe I'm reading too much in to this, but everything I've read says he's basically a 3rd OT on the line. Isn't that what Gibbs likes to do, turn big TE's in to OT's?

Eh, either way, I'm satisfied with our draft. It's more of a wait and see approach.

mexican_texan
04-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Does anybody else think Hill might eventually translate to OT? Maybe I'm reading too much in to this, but everything I've read says he's basically a 3rd OT on the line. Isn't that what Gibbs likes to do, turn big TE's in to OT's?

Eh, either way, I'm satisfied with our draft. It's more of a wait and see approach.
That's what I was thinking. The second I saw his name come up on TV, I wondered what his measurables were.

bckey
04-28-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm really happy with our draft. I just want camp to hurry up and start!

Khari
04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
i totally missed it.....cuz i was out camping

Brando
04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm really happy with our draft. I just want camp to hurry up and start!

Ditto. OTA's will even satisfy me.

BigBull17
04-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I like pretty much every pick we made. I really like the three DB's and Kasey.

badboy
04-28-2009, 02:16 PM
4th round and I am bouncing from my recliner in between Texans picks and the end of the sofa closest to the TV. Andre Brown strong, solid and fast remains available and we get a CB listed as #25 on Walters (one place behind our 6th round CB). What! Oh, no. I'm groaning and rolling around on the carpet. Stood up and threw my pages of notes across the room and walked outside. Minutes later & I'm back on end of sofa praying come on please. 4B can be Brown. We select a TE? What? Brown is selected by Giants a few spots later. Anyway,it is not even the 5th round and we can still get Rashad Jennings. Right? At least they got the TE out of their system in 4th.

It is now Tuesday and I've calmed or tried to calm. I remember another Texans draft not too long ago with similar feelings by yours truly. I wanted a LT and we drafted some LB named Demeco Ryans to be one of the outside guys. What? Who? Man, crow tastes just like chicken!

Seńor Stan
04-28-2009, 02:22 PM
I kept hoping for Jennings in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

Shows what I know.

I would much rather them pick guys that have potential to make a contribution, than to "fill a spot" of need. I'm glad they didn't take Wali Lundy 2.0 in the sixth or seventh round.

I think they went the right route with the UDFA picks.

I have no problems with any of the picks.

steelbtexan
04-28-2009, 05:08 PM
The only change I would make would be Brown at 112.

I would sign Chris Baker as an UDFA. Hopefully that would help light a fire under Okam.

Which probably will not happen. (Fire under Okam-Baker signing)

I think we had a great draft.

barrett
04-29-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm curious what you like so much about Quin. I don't know much about him.

He's big, fast, strong, aggressive, likes to hit, good coverage skills, smart, heady player, plays the ball, knocks peoples heads off... did I mention that he was selected in the 4th round? K-Toro pointed out that he's had some injury issues but he played through them and was a captain if I'm not mistaken. He's got the athletic ability of Molden, the coverage ability of Reeves and the aggressive hitting qualities of Dunta. He's a cornerback to a T. Did I mention we got him in the 4th round? He was a captian on his team. Smart, well adjusted team player, team leader. Oh yeah, we got him in the 4th too.

I think he and Caldwell will prove to be the best value's we got this year. Write it down.

Giant Tiger
04-29-2009, 07:38 AM
I like the picks overall, especially Barwin & Caldwell. We've done well in the past with later picks, so I'm on board with McCain & Nolan. I would have taken Oher in the 1st though.

dalemurphy
04-29-2009, 07:59 AM
I think he and Caldwell will prove to be the best value's we got this year. Write it down.

Considering the fact that I have Barwin being inducted into the Hall of Fame in about 2028, that says a lot about Caldwell. I was watching the NFL network's "Top 10 Drafts of All Time" show. Can you believe the Texans' '09 draft wasn't even mentioned? I was outraged! Once again, the national media is totally ignoring us, even when we do something great.

Mike Kerns
04-29-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm indifferent with just about every pick besides Cushing and Caldwell. It's not that I completely hate the picks, it's just a "we'll have to wait and see" kind of ordeal.

Sums up my opinions exactly. Just add that I love the pickups of the two RB's as undrafted free agents.

jjohns1
04-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Considering the fact that I have Barwin being inducted into the Hall of Fame in about 2028, that says a lot about Caldwell. I was watching the NFL network's "Top 10 Drafts of All Time" show. Can you believe the Texans' '09 draft wasn't even mentioned? I was outraged! Once again, the national media is totally ignoring us, even when we do something great.

someone slipped something in your coffee this morning mister

BigBull17
04-29-2009, 08:07 AM

LOL. In a few years, you may be able to make a case for our 06 draft. Wouldn't that be great.

RipTraxx
04-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Outside of passing on Gartrell Johnson (RB Col. State) i love this draft.

jjohns1
04-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Outside of passing on Gartrell Johnson (RB Col. State) i love this draft.

the FO didn't think gartrell was quick enough to be effective in our offense

RipTraxx
04-29-2009, 08:22 AM

Is that in writing somewhere? I'd like to see what else they wrote on the other big one cut backs.

Mike Kerns
04-29-2009, 08:23 AM

John Mclaine (Take it for what its worth) said in his chat yesterday that Glen Coffee and Shon Greene were the only guys that they saw as a fit in their system that they were going to draft.

This is why they had no interest in Andre Brown or Rashad Jennings.

jjohns1
04-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Is that in writing somewhere? I'd like to see what else they wrote on the other big one cut backs.

yeah, it was linked in one of the warroom threads... i'll try to find it for ya, but it was a quote by rick smith

barrett
04-30-2009, 02:05 AM

wait. i thought it was 2028 now? what are you? crazy?

it's never cool to say a first day pick is going to be great. you have to pick a 2nd day pick if you want to seem indie and insider football smart. dummy.

whiskeyrbl
04-30-2009, 08:20 AM
it's all speculation until we see what they can do on the field. "hold your peace" is kind of silly when we have no idea if these players can compete at the pro level just two days after the draft. And i seriously doubt anyone on a message board could even "hold their peace" to begin with.
lol

The Pencil Neck
04-30-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty much on-board with the first 5 rounds. Don't know about the other two.

I was wanting/expecting Rashad Jennings to be picked in every round after the 3rd. Now, I'm hoping I was wrong since he went to the Jags.

I think Anthony Hill is going to get a lot of playing time and he's going to play well.

I expect Caldwell to be the starter by the second quarter of the season.

I think Barwin is either going to lose some weight and end up as a Will OR he's going to gain some weight and take the RDE spot by the end of the season.

Oh, wait. This is supposed to be about objections.

Polo
04-30-2009, 02:27 PM
If Barwin is the starting RDE by the end of the season then we made a mistake signing Smith...

swtbound07
04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Connor Barwin at 46 should have been William Moore, FS.

HJam72
04-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Connor Barwin at 46 should have been William Moore, FS.

I won't say that yet, but it was sure what I wanted.

TexanAddict
04-30-2009, 02:38 PM

I don't know, I get the feeling some board members may be pretty adept at holding their piece. Buh dum chish :tomato:

ObsiWan
04-30-2009, 02:41 PM
If Barwin is the starting RDE by the end of the season then we made a mistake signing Smith...

its not that big a deal, is it?
Smith can be traded or cut if need be.
Besides, I like the flexibility (and insurance against injury) that having both of them gives us.

Polo
04-30-2009, 02:46 PM
its not that big a deal, is it?
Smith can be traded or cut if need be.
Besides, I like the flexibility (and insurance against injury) that having both of them gives us.

Not being a huge deal doesn't mean it's not a mistake.

And to me it would be a pretty big deal because in my mind that would officially mean we suck at signing FA's in the off-season and have no feel for how they will fit in in relation to our team.

The Pencil Neck
04-30-2009, 02:50 PM

And to me it would be a pretty big deal because in my mind that would officially mean we suck at signing FA's in the off-season and have no feel for how they will fit in in relation to our team.

Personally, I think it's going to be reminiscent of the Weaver situation.

I think they signed Smith expecting to go another way in the draft but then with Barwin sitting there, they couldn't not take him. He was their highest rated guy. Like Rick Smith has said several times, they were just "working the process."

Pretty similar to signing Weaver and then drafting Mario for pretty much the same spot. Weaver never really recovered.

Polo
04-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Personally, I think it's going to be reminiscent of the Weaver situation.

I think they signed Smith expecting to go another way in the draft but then with Barwin sitting there, they couldn't not take him. He was their highest rated guy. Like Rick Smith has said several times, they were just "working the process."

Pretty similar to signing Weaver and then drafting Mario for pretty much the same spot. Weaver never really recovered.

Honestly, I hope you're wrong...

If you're right then that means Mario would most likely have to switch sides and once again our biggest FA aquisition would be a FAIL.

The Pencil Neck
04-30-2009, 02:56 PM

If you're right then that means Mario would most likely have to switch sides and once again our biggest FA aquisition would be a FAIL.

As long as our defense improves by leaps and bounds, I don't mind if the FA acquisition is a massive, EPIC FAIL.

I'm just worried about the end result in this case.

steelbtexan
04-30-2009, 02:57 PM

If the A. Smith signing fails Bobby Greir should be fired.

No wait Bobby Greir should've already been fired.

How Greir has a job after looking at his FA pickups dumb founds me.

Greir must have pictures of Uncle BoB and Smithiak.

threetoedpete
05-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I know the Texans have more knowledge of the draft then I do. I have no problems with their draft this year. Here's what I would have done with the picks, though.

Brian Cushing at 15. I like Cushing. I had him coming to Houston in half of the mock drafts I did.

Sean Smith at 46. I like the Barwin pick, but I like Smith more

Antoine Caldwell at 77. I like the Caldwell pick, he brings depth to the Texans line.

D.J. Moore at 112. I know next to nothing about Glover, and Moore was rated as a 2nd round pick coming into the draft.

Andre Brown at 122. I like that Hill is a blocking TE, but I like Brown more at this point in the draft. The Texans need RB depth, and I think Brown fits their scheme.

James Casey at 152. I like Casey at this spot. I think he's good value in the fifth.

Brice McCain at 188. Don't know too much about him, but he's a sixth round pick

Michael Bennett at 223. After picking Smith, I would have gone best DE available here. Nick Reed was the next one drafted, but I don't know anything about him. Bennett went undrafted, but I think he would have been a good 7th round pick.

At least your criticism is logical. And not sour grapes over not getting your way.

I kept expecting them to draft a RB after the second and through the sixth rounds....didn't happen. They brought in two TE's instead...They love Casey....a lot more than I love Casey...but if he allows them to save spots on the final roster n September...he was more than worth the fifth.

Barwin may well fail.....but every coach at every level who has asked him to step up his game he has not only done it. He has done it very well.That coupled with his physical numbers....gives the odds of him making it to the Texans. Third year, this is the year to take a chance on the guy. We ain't going any where unless we can get the QBs in the AFC south down and on the ground...often.

Last two guys....special teams guys. Bryce wants a roster spot...he'll learn to run with the gunners on the other teams punt squad and mow then down like bowling pins. If he can do that they will pay the man and pay him very well.

One last thought(s)....and I am bewildered at some of the picks as others....K2 just robbed a bank. Owen Daniels is due to get paid. What is a TE worth ? In our offense...a lot. If Owen goes down how do you make up the production ? To some safe was drafting a DB high. To me, that did nothing to advance the teams chances at winning the AFC south. The in-line TE and the jack of all trades Casey tells me to Kubiak and Smith, stalling at the goal line is unacceptable. And as good as the FG kicker was....nothing was more important in this draft than elevating the TD production and the sack total. If you wanna call those two things a reach...be my guest.

JCTexan
05-03-2009, 08:20 PM
At least your criticism is logical. And not sour grapes over not getting your way.

I kept expecting them to draft a RB after the second and through the sixth rounds....didn't happen. They brought in two TE's instead...They love Casey....a lot more than I love Casey...but if he allows them to save spots on the final roster n September...he was more than worth the fifth.

Barwin may well fail.....but every coach at every level who has asked him to step up his game he has not only done it. He has done it very well.That coupled with his physical numbers....gives the odds of him making it to the Texans. Third year, this is the year to take a chance on the guy. We ain't going any where unless we can get the QBs in the AFC south down and on the ground...often.

Last two guys....special teams guys. Bryce wants a roster spot...he'll learn to run with the gunners on the other teams punt squad and mow then down like bowling pins. If he can do that they will pay the man and pay him very well.

One last thought(s)....and I am bewildered at some of the picks as others....K2 just robbed a bank. Owen Daniels is due to get paid. What is a TE worth ? In our offense...a lot. If Owen goes down how do you make up the production ? To some safe was drafting a DB high. To me, that did nothing to advance the teams chances at winning the AFC south. The in-line TE and the jack of all trades Casey tells me to Kubiak and Smith, stalling at the goal line is unacceptable. And as good as the FG kicker was....nothing was more important in this draft than elevating the TD production and the sack total. If you wanna call those two things a reach...be my guest.

Why would I have sour grapes? I actually said I like the Texans draft. Do I dislike the Barwin pick? No, I actually like the selection. I just preferred Smith over him. It doesn't mean I don't like the pick, because I do.

I like the Casey pick. He might be the 3rd TE, but he could also be the Texans long snapper or #5 WR. I like his versatility. I feel like he was great value in the fifth, and he could possibly replace OD down the road.

Pay a special teamer well? I doubt they would pay him anymore then a 6th rounder is worth, unless he does something more then special teams. I do like Brice's speed.

Where did I call them a reach? I still had Casey down in the fifth as the Texans pick, and I said I like that Hill's a blocking TE. I said I would have picked Andre Brown there. Why? I knew more about him. I wanted him in the 3rd before the draft even started, Hill I didn't know much about. I'm glad the Texans know more about the draft then I do.

dalemurphy
05-03-2009, 08:44 PM

So, if Antonio Smith is a good player for us but Barwin quickly becomes a great player, then having Smith on the team is a mistake?

yeah, quality depth and versatility is something you want to avoid as a football team.

Honoring Earl 34
05-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Well ... if Cushing and Barwin can play ... then our edges are fine . I hope Kollar can do wonders with the middle .

Picks I think that will contribute this year .

1. Cushing ... I think him going against Hill in camp will be fun . Have we ever had a big , physical , instinctive player who wants to be the best ?
2. Barwin ... at least on STs... hopefully gets some sacks .
3. Caldwell ... I expect him to play at some point .
4 . Hill ... called a third tackle ... can't beat that .
5. Casey ... at least on STs ... hopefully causes matchup problems on certain sets .

The guys picked in the 4th , 6th , and 7th .... I don't know who they are .

ObsiWan
05-03-2009, 09:29 PM
So, if Antonio Smith is a good player for us but Barwin quickly becomes a great player, then having Smith on the team is a mistake?

yeah, quality depth and versatility is something you want to avoid as a football team.

this is kinda where I am.
So what if Barwin eventually outshines Antonio Smith?? Now, hopefully, the DL rotation is that much stronger.

Texaninlild
05-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I am definitely good with 1, 2, 3 and 5. I don't know enough about the others in the later rounds to second guess those who get paid to do it. RB's appear to be a dime a dozen in the right system if they fit that system. Casey will do nicely in short yardage getting snaps from center, handing off to him, or receiving out of the backfield. Go Thor!

Dapper
05-03-2009, 09:56 PM

I don't think we've made our best FA aquisition yet. That would be a running back to be determined at a later date.
I also think Mario can play anywhere Mario wants to. He can dominate either side given some help.
Perhaps Smith and Barwin can do just that. :texflag:

Norg
05-03-2009, 10:34 PM
i just dont like the fact we took 2 TE's when we have a pro bowler TE

i know there depth but come on Two in the draft it could have been 1 in deaft and another in FA

Vinny
05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
i just dont like the fact we took 2 TE's when we have a pro bowler TE

i know there depth but come on Two in the draft it could have been 1 in deaft and another in FA
a few years ago (2004) everyone was shocked when New England used a 32nd overall pick on Ben Watson when they just selected Daniel Graham 2 years previous at the 21st overall pick. They ended up with a really awesome balanced attack that utilized both players but not before everyone complained about the logic in what they were doing right after that draft. It really worked well for them at the end of the day. I think I see Kubiak really getting into his playbook next season.

dalemurphy
05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
a few years ago (2004) everyone was shocked when New England used a 32nd overall pick on Ben Watson when they just selected Daniel Graham 2 years previous at the 21st overall pick. They ended up with a really awesome balanced attack that utilized both players but not before everyone complained about the logic in what they were doing right after that draft. It really worked well for them at the end of the day. I think I see Kubiak really getting into his playbook next season.

I'm looking forward to having an inline TE that has some agility. I think it will do a lot for our run game and short yardage offense. Bruener was just too stiff to get onto a LB or even run a simple route against a zone defense. So, I'm quite excited about Hill even though I was very impressed with Owen Daniels blocking last season.

keyser
05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I am a bit late, but wanted to give this some thought, before going on the record. It’s tough to make some of these calls, since the choice in one round would affect others. For example, I wanted an OL in round 1 or 2 (not both), but with none taken, I liked Caldwell in round 3. Also, there is a lot of hindsight available as far as who ended up in each round. In any case, here are my thoughts, by round:

1) Cushing was not a bad choice, given who was left (I wish Jenkins or Orakpo had fallen…). I’d have gone with Oher, myself, but I understand why they didn’t. More than that, though, I think the players picked in the 21-28 range (except the WR/RB) were just as good of options as Cushing. I know the rules of this thread were no trade-down, but I’d have taken a trade down into that range (even if not getting full “value” for the trade), and picked up one of those players: Oher, Mack, Wood, Matthews, Jerry, or even Davis. I would rather have one of them plus something else than Cushing alone.

2) Barwin has grown on me, but I still think he was not the best player or biggest need at this point. I’d have gone with Unger here. I don’t know how Unger will do for the Seahawks, but I think he would have been perfect in our system, and we missed a major opportunity there (I wouldn’t have expected him to last to this point; I’d even have been willing to take him in round 1 after a trade-down!). If not Unger, I think William Moore would have been a good option, and made more of a difference for us.

3) Given who we had already taken, I like the choice of Caldwell. This was where I was hoping we’d get a RB, but the way things fell out, it didn’t work. I’m glad we didn’t reach for one, and I’d have been upset at the time if we had traded up to get Coffee, but given the way the whole draft played out, maybe a trade-up wouldn’t have been a bad idea. If we’d picked up an OL (and not a DB) in an earlier round, I’d have taken Rashad Johnson here instead.

4a) Again, depends on who we had taken earlier, and this is where my knowledge of the players is falling off. If we had not taken Barwin in round 2, maybe Brandon Williams would have been a good option here (overall, I like the sound of Max Unger, Rashad Johnson, and Brandon Williams more than Connor Barwin, Antoine Caldwell, and Glover Quin). Getting help in the secondary seems worthwhile, but I don’t know that Quin was worth choosing at this place.

4b) In retrospect, I would have taken Gartrell Johnson here, although at the time I thought he would last until round 5 (and might have been upset if they had “reached” for him). I was probably one of the only people that was hoping we would draft a blocking TE, but I didn’t figure we’d get him in round 4 (I was thinking round 6-7). I like Hill fine, but I probably wouldn’t have chosen that position that early. I would have probably picked for need here, depending on which of the defensive positions (OLB, pass rushing DE, Safety, DT) we didn’t address earlier – I don’t have a specific name, though.

5) I like the Casey pick. It feels like a luxury, but seems like a good risk at this point.

6,7) I don’t like to second-guess late round picks, since I know little about the players, and trust the ones they picked are ones they’ve seen something in, that I wouldn’t have known about.

I’m disappointed that they did not come away with an RB, but after seeing the way things played out, I can’t fault their choices at the times (the better RBs seemed to go earlier than I had expected). I don’t think of the players in rounds 6 and 7 as much different from UDFAs, so I’m not upset that we didn’t pick a RB then.