PDA

View Full Version : ESPN All Time Draft

Dan B.
04-20-2009, 10:02 PM
An interesting exercise to kill time in the offseason at least. ESPN is wondering what would happen (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=ages1/090420&sportCat=nfl) if today's teams, with their current needs, could draft anyone. They threw out player's professional records, since it is based on their college careers.

Detroit leads off with the selection of John Elway.

And I can't complain about the Texans' pick -- but then again I want a 1st round RB.

Earl Campbell. (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=ages2/090420)

Oh and the Cowboys, with no first round pick, selected Brian Bosworth at 51.

Second Honeymoon
04-20-2009, 10:20 PM
nice blog

yeah them having Stern and the Redskins drafting Audray Bruce is hilarious.

infantrycak
04-20-2009, 10:23 PM
David Carr 6th on the all time QB prospect list - enough said.

Dan B.
04-20-2009, 10:26 PM
David Carr 6th on the all time QB prospect list - enough said.

I think that's just because "Carr" comes before "Elway" in the alphabet cack.

infantrycak
04-20-2009, 10:31 PM
I think that's just because "Carr" comes before "Elway" in the alphabet cack.

Oops - folks don't normally do "big boards" in alphabetical order.

Texan4Ever
04-20-2009, 10:45 PM
I think someone may have already started a thread on this but anyways...I'm looking at OLB and DT. I would probably go with a guy like Cortz Kennedy or John Henderson. At OLB, probably Derrick Thomas or Lawerence Taylor or maybe even Kevin Greene.

Dan B.
04-20-2009, 11:00 PM
I think someone may have already started a thread on this but anyways...I'm looking at OLB and DT. I would probably go with a guy like Cortz Kennedy or John Henderson. At OLB, probably Derrick Thomas or Lawerence Taylor or maybe even Kevin Greene.

LT was taken 9th by the Pack. Otherwise I would agree with you on him. I'd still rather have Campbell than Kennedy or Henderson. I wouldn't complain if the Texans took Derrick Thomas.

Sorry if this thread is a dupe. If so mods please merge.