PDA

View Full Version : Jags Jones-Drew inks new contract, 17.5 Million guaranteed

nunusguy
04-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Jones-Drew signed a five-year, $31 million contract Wednesday with Jacksonville that includes $17.5 million guaranteed.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6375253.html

PapaL
04-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Well deserved for MJD. Guys plays his heart out every week.

Plus it times up serious money for them. =)

Somewhere Shawne Merriman is clinching his chest; LINK (http://ballhype.com/video/shawne_merriman_gets_blown_up_by_mjd/)

mattieuk
04-15-2009, 06:15 PM
MJD deserves that, he plays his heart out every game I see him play. Good move from the Jags.

DiehardChris
04-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Agree. He's a rival player on a rival team - but there are few guys I respect more.

Oh, and let's not forget what he did to Shawn Merriman. LOL

GP
04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
MJD deserves that, he plays his heart out every game I see him play. Good move from the Jags.

Try owning him (last season) and then tell me if he played his heart out.

I owned him in fantasy football last year, thinking he would do what he had done the previous year. Oops. All I can figure is that somehow the mood of the locker room was a little tense, with there being some sort of lack of unity due to the Fred Taylor situation: He knew it was time to go, knew it was going to be MJD's club next year (this year) and so it created some funk all up in there.

MJD's lack of production absolutely killed my fantasy football team. I kept thinking he would turn it around, and each Monday I woke up a little more distressed about one of my RBs not producing what they typically have in the past.

Having said that, I think I caught him in a transition year with Fred Taylor on his way out. I look for him to snap back to form. But that Jags team might be too bad for me to draft him.

Blake
04-16-2009, 08:57 AM
GP, he is a great flex option. On a bad Jags team he is a boom bust player though. I had the same problem last year, but luckily he was my 3rd/4th RB.